closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser

View Poll Results: Which day?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saturday(22th)October 6pm

    3 15.79%
  • Sunday(23th)October-1pm(sunday luch)

    16 84.21%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 201 to 223 of 223

Thread: Manchester GTG?

  1. #201
    Grand Master gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Brighton
    Posts
    11,549

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    What are them weird little pocket watches with a little man trapped in them?
    They're in my signature :lol:
    Gray

  2. #202

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Quote Originally Posted by gray
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    What are them weird little pocket watches with a little man trapped in them?
    They're in my signature :lol:

    Where would you purchase such thing?
    Instagram- ramsdenswhitby
    Facebook- Ramsdens Whitby

  3. #203
    Master unclealec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,027

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Why would you purchase such a thing?

  4. #204

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec
    Why would you purchase such a thing?

    My 3 year old nephew likes weird stuff like that :wink:
    Instagram- ramsdenswhitby
    Facebook- Ramsdens Whitby

  5. #205
    Grand Master gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Brighton
    Posts
    11,549

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    Quote Originally Posted by gray
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    What are them weird little pocket watches with a little man trapped in them?
    They're in my signature :lol:

    Where would you purchase such thing?
    You can either buy the polymer clay and make one ... or get someone to sculpt one for you :lol: :wink: :lol:
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    They are Oddfae by Dawn Schiller :) Not cheap, but each one is individually crafted so you can request features etc

    When I get more time I'll be doing my own versions but these two are special as they were Father's Day presents from my two youngest sons :)

    I do sculpt a bit when I have the time...



    This one's actually luminous so glows in the dark and took about five minutes. The guys in the pocket watches will take me considerably longer :?

    At least the polymer clay is a heckovalot easier to work with than the stone I started with :blackeye:

    My first attempt



    Second go - the curly bits on the side of the head are horns - can't really see them in this pic



    Please excuse my boastfulness but I am quite proud of them - the little blighters took ages and I nealry lost a thumb :)
    Gray

  6. #206

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Looks like a good time was had, well done guys, sorry i missed it.

    Thought they'd be more watches!

    Also, whoever owns the black case can you pm me with your thoughts on it please..

  7. #207
    Master unclealec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,027

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Your forthcoming one was much mentioned Minkle. Everyone is looking forward to it; TZ and TWF/RLT. Should be a good turnout. I suspect I'm away then but if not, see you there.

  8. #208

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec
    Your forthcoming one was much mentioned Minkle. Everyone is looking forward to it; TZ and TWF/RLT. Should be a good turnout. I suspect I'm away then but if not, see you there.

    Really? Good to hear..

  9. #209

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Quote Originally Posted by minkle
    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec
    Your forthcoming one was much mentioned Minkle. Everyone is looking forward to it; TZ and TWF/RLT. Should be a good turnout. I suspect I'm away then but if not, see you there.

    Really? Good to hear..
    I distinctly remember hearing Kev say 'Minkle who?' :twisted:

  10. #210

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Quote Originally Posted by gray
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    Quote Originally Posted by gray
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    What are them weird little pocket watches with a little man trapped in them?
    They're in my signature :lol:

    Where would you purchase such thing?
    You can either buy the polymer clay and make one ... or get someone to sculpt one for you :lol: :wink: :lol:
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    They are Oddfae by Dawn Schiller :) Not cheap, but each one is individually crafted so you can request features etc

    When I get more time I'll be doing my own versions but these two are special as they were Father's Day presents from my two youngest sons :)

    I do sculpt a bit when I have the time...



    This one's actually luminous so glows in the dark and took about five minutes. The guys in the pocket watches will take me considerably longer :?

    At least the polymer clay is a heckovalot easier to work with than the stone I started with :blackeye:

    My first attempt



    Second go - the curly bits on the side of the head are horns - can't really see them in this pic



    Please excuse my boastfulness but I am quite proud of them - the little blighters took ages and I nealry lost a thumb :)

    Nice work on the sculptures and i've always wondered what those little pocket watches were, cool and bizarre at the same time, thanks,

    James.

  11. #211
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8,486

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    [s:2ebou0te][/s:2ebou0te]
    Quote Originally Posted by minkle

    Thought they'd be more watches
    Good job Mike turned up! Seven of those on the table are mine. :D
    Not as good as your GTG's Mike. Wasn't keen on the "open air" venue or moreso the seating arrangents. Sloped off after just over an hour whereas I'm usually good for a 4hr session with you. ;)

  12. #212
    Master unclealec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,027

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Fair point about the venue; will bear it in mind if we have another (and if I'm still required to sort it out). We had a cosy indoors area reserved for us but the ones who arrived on time held a straw poll and accepted the management's offer of an outdoor balcony due to the oppressive heat.
    Others found it a bit out-of-town, so all things to be borne in mind.

  13. #213
    Master Chartman69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Posts
    9,418
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    4 of us pitched more watches at Leeds ! :D

  14. #214
    Grand Master gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New Brighton
    Posts
    11,549

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamboat10
    Quote Originally Posted by gray
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    Quote Originally Posted by gray
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    What are them weird little pocket watches with a little man trapped in them?
    They're in my signature :lol:

    Where would you purchase such thing?
    You can either buy the polymer clay and make one ... or get someone to sculpt one for you :lol: :wink: :lol:
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    They are Oddfae by Dawn Schiller :) Not cheap, but each one is individually crafted so you can request features etc

    When I get more time I'll be doing my own versions but these two are special as they were Father's Day presents from my two youngest sons :)

    I do sculpt a bit when I have the time...



    This one's actually luminous so glows in the dark and took about five minutes. The guys in the pocket watches will take me considerably longer :?

    At least the polymer clay is a heckovalot easier to work with than the stone I started with :blackeye:

    My first attempt



    Second go - the curly bits on the side of the head are horns - can't really see them in this pic



    Please excuse my boastfulness but I am quite proud of them - the little blighters took ages and I nealry lost a thumb :)

    Nice work on the sculptures and i've always wondered what those little pocket watches were, cool and bizarre at the same time, thanks,

    James.
    You're welcome, thanks for the kind words :)

    I've actually been asked in a couple of threads and had numerous PMs about them
    Gray

  15. #215

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    It was a good GTG, a nice mix of new and vintage pieces.

  16. #216
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Could we have another one soon? :D

  17. #217
    Master unclealec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,027

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun/Sat/Fri?

    2am tomorrow inside Watches of Switzerland, then Goldmanns then maybe The Arndale Centre. I'll Blackberry all my mates and the regulars.

  18. #218
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    8,486

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun 26/06/2011 at 12:00pm

    Quote Originally Posted by michalko82
    Could we have another one soon? :D
    +1

  19. #219
    Master unclealec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,027

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun/Sat/Fri?

    I'd be up for one, but probably not until mid-October.
    Listening to comments after the last one:
    Located not quite so out-of-town?
    Preferably a more secure room? (TBH we were due to have our own indoor little out-of-the-way alcove last time, but the unexpected appearance of a fine sunny day lured us out onto the balcony after a straw poll of those attending.)
    Sunday lunchtime OK?

    So- who is up for organising?

  20. #220
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun/Sat/Fri?

    Quote Originally Posted by unclealec
    2am tomorrow inside Watches of Switzerland, then Goldmanns then maybe The Arndale Centre. I'll Blackberry all my mates and the regulars.
    And all wearing hoodies :D

  21. #221
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Manchester GTG? Sun/Sat/Fri?

    I'll be up for it for mid-October as the baby should arrive any day now....scaaaary.

    23rd of October (Sunday) any good?
    Should I change the poll? Actually I will do it now and see what happens....

  22. #222
    Master unclealec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,027

    Re: Manchester GTG? 23/10/2011?

    Might I suggest another thread Michael?

    And best of luck to you & especially your wife (do I recall her as being named Ali? I was too charmed to pay attention to details).

  23. #223
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: Manchester GTG? 23/10/2011?

    Hi Alec, thanks :)

    No problem with the new thread, good idea.. ...I will leave this one to die off

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information