Thread: Darwin award candidates 2011

Darwin award candidates 2011

I'm nominating this guy:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13623938

Got any more?
    So clever my foot fell off.

Re: Darwin award candidates 2011

Doh :roll:
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

I can't see anyone topping that. (no pun intended! :wink: )
    F.T.F.A.

Any further south and i would have wet feet

-When his .38 caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach, California, would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked.

Two that deserve a mention although no gene pool was cleansed:

-After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

-When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street by sucking on a hose, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spilled sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline, but he plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had

-And a classic Darwin Award winner from last year....

25 August 2010, Daejon, South Korea) VIDEO NEWS! A handicapped man, annoyed that an elevator closed and departed without him, thinks it over before ramming his wheelchair into the doors not once, not twice, but three times in all–only to plunge down the now-empty elevator shaft to his death. Simultaneous success and failure combine to earn the 40-year-old “Angry Wheelchair Man” lasting immortality as a Darwin Award winner.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-omw...layer_embedded

Master

"Hoped it would bring him good luck for the rest of his life"

Perhaps it did!!?

:laughing3: Mike.

Lets hope the poor misguided fool's small child doesnt inherit the friggin moron gene from his father. And that someone kind and sensible gives them a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by village
    -
    -After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.
    That reducd me to tears - superb :lol: :lol: :lol:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut
    -
    I second that motion.

All very good, especially the bus driver and the angry wheelchair user.

[quote=jl smout]
    Quote Originally Posted by "watch-nut":376me094
    -
    I second that motion.[/quote:376me094]

Brilliant! That reminds me a bit of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

It not often I'm left speechless but he must surely take the 1st prize.

16 year old girl was mowing grass with electrical mower. She cut a cord and was electrocuted while repairing cord without unplugging from power outlet.

Journeyman

[quote=gingerpaul]
    Quote Originally Posted by jl smout
    Quote Originally Posted by "watch-nut":2s29b4q9
    -
    I second that motion.
    Brilliant! That reminds me a bit of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.[/quote:2s29b4q9]

OMG!

Journeyman

Darwin award candidates 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Normunds
    16 year old girl was mowing grass with electrical mower. She cut a cord and was electrocuted while repairing cord without unplugging from power outlet.
    Reminds me of this scary image.....

"Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Craftsman

or this

Craftsman

:roll: