closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling help.

Journeyman

Breitling help.

I just wanted to pick the brains of those more experienced in high end watches as I'm more into vintage stuff.

A chap I know is a pilot, and during the course of his career has managed to be given several Breitlings, some by middle eastern dignitaries. He's now decided to get rid of one of these as he's never worn it.
    It's a Breitling Emergency and it has the crest of the King of Jordan on the face. The watch has never been worn, has had it's first service and comes in a black briefcase type kit, with all the books and paperwork so beloved of modern high end watches.

The main question I'm after is to do with it's value. He seems to think it's worth approx £3k, though I thought the crest on the dial may affect it's value in a negative way.
    I'd be eternally grateful if someone could point me (him) in the right direction as regards value.

I do have pictures of the watch and the associated kit, but I'm aware that if I post them this may come across as a sales post, when I'm really just after a guide on value.
    Many thanks in advance.

Re: Breitling help.

Hi,
    I have no idea as to the value. Why doesn't he try to sell it to one of the many online dealers and see what is offered? Or try eBay even? People no doubt collect the special dial versions but if it is worth more with the 'correct' dial, you should be able to get Breitling to swap out the dial for the standard one to increase saleability?

Re: Breitling help.

I've seen a few of these on Aerospace models, they tend to go for the same money as a standard watch and in some cases a bit less.