closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: IWC 3705 Ceramic Flieger

Craftsman

IWC 3705 Ceramic Flieger

Good evening,

I have just purchased a ceramic IWC 3705 and I am very happy with the watch. 8)

One thing bothers me though and that is that the previous owner replaced the original Tritium dial and hands with Luminova parts... :?

Is it possible to buy Tritium dial and hands so I can return the watch to the original condition?

Also, the strap is quite worn. Can anyone recommend a "kevlar" like strap similar to the one that comes with the ceramic Top Gun?

Thanks,

Re: IWC 3705 Ceramic Flieger

Quote Originally Posted by feilersen
    Good evening,

I have just purchased a ceramic IWC 3705 and I am very happy with the watch. 8)

One thing bothers me though and that is that the previous owner replaced the original Tritium dial and hands with Luminova parts... :?

Is it possible to buy Tritium dial and hands so I can return the watch to the original condition?

Also, the strap is quite worn. Can anyone recommend a "kevlar" like strap similar to the one that comes with the ceramic Top Gun?

Thanks,
    Nice watch, enjoy the radiation free dial. Whatever dial you change for won't be original, so I say keep it non rad!

Journeyman

Congratulations Frederik,
    Good to see that you landed an IWC - I guess this sits better on the wrist than an Inge - is this 39mm?
    I am actually thinking of an IWC pilot and are I think more drawn to the earlier version (3706)

No personal experience and no affiliation but heard on other forums about some sites selling similar types of straps - might be a start to look at least (I am sure the wealth of tzuk will come up with more/better alternatives.)
    http://www.teddy-straps.com
    http://www.divestraps.com/shop/800

Craftsman

Yes, it is 39mm and it sits very well.

The 3705 is the ceramic version of the 3706. Only made in about 1.000 pieces.

It is a very nice watch and I have never received so many positive compliments, also from people that are not into watches. :)

Another thing that is very noticable is the rotor on movement. You can feel when the rotor is spinning. I have never tried this on my other watches... :? I wouldnt say it is annoying, you just have to get used to it I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by feilersen
    Another thing that is very noticable is the rotor on movement. You can feel when the rotor is spinning. I have never tried this on my other watches... :? I wouldnt say it is annoying, you just have to get used to it I guess...
    Due to the relative high weight of the rotor to the total weight of the watch? I guess the ceramic is light compared to steel or gold?