closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS-5 with display back

PRS-5 with display back

If I order a new PRS-5 and include the display back at the same time, will Eddie or one of his elves put the display back on before it's shipped out to me? Or is that something I will have to do? And if I do have to do it, what is involved, is it a simple job for a cack-handed non-watchmaker?

Also are there any other strap options I should consider other than an aviator or NATO? Pictures as always are much appreciated.
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

Re: PRS-5 with display back

I'm pretty sure Eddie will be happy to fit it before he ships :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Yes, I usually fit them when they are in stock.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Yes, I usually fit them when they are in stock.

Eddie
    Excellent, thanks for the info.
    "I forget who it was that recommended men for their soul's good to do each day two things they disliked ... it is a precept that I have followed scrupulously; for every day I have got up and I have gone to bed."

PRS-5 strap thread :

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=139081

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMint
    If I order a new PRS-5 and include the display back at the same time, will Eddie or one of his elves put the display back on before it's shipped out to me? Or is that something I will have to do? And if I do have to do it, what is involved, is it a simple job for a cack-handed non-watchmaker?

Also are there any other strap options I should consider other than an aviator or NATO? Pictures as always are much appreciated.
    Eddie also gives you your standard back in the case too. As for straps, the aviator is of awesome quality. I went 1 x black, 1 x brown.

Just one thing to note regarding the studs on the aviator strap... if you use the case and fold one side of the strap in tight to the watch back, the stud will eventually mark the case. Just something to be aware of, so you can minimise the markings and keep it minty.

Tis a beauty. Hope you've ordered it already!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE

Eddie also gives you your standard back in the case too. As for straps, the aviator is of awesome quality. I went 1 x black, 1 x brown.

Just one thing to note regarding the studs on the aviator strap... if you use the case and fold one side of the strap in tight to the watch back, the stud will eventually mark the case. Just something to be aware of, so you can minimise the markings and keep it minty.

Tis a beauty. Hope you've ordered it already!
    Thanks for the tip, and I've seen your review, great pics.

Time Factors is closed until next week, grr.

Craftsman

You have to get the black rally strap too. It is a magic fit with the PRS-5 and the colour of the stitching goes excellent with the beadblasted case. :)

Cheers,
    Mabuse

The Time Factors shop is back up and running, but the PRS-5 is out of stock. That's a bit of a shame.

Any idea when it might be back in stock?

The Time Factors shop is back up and running, but the PRS-5 is out of stock. That's a bit of a shame.

Not for a while, the first 300 cases have been used and there's too much else going on to order another 300 at this time.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Not for a while, the first 300 cases have been used and there's too much else going on to order another 300 at this time.

Eddie
    OK, thanks for the info.

Master

Don't worry, Murray--these come up on the SC from time to time, and a WTB might work as well.

Master

Eddie
    Damn. Teach me to dither for too long.

Journeyman

I wonder if the clear backs will still be available for purchase in the future and how many of those are left?

Quote Originally Posted by discgolfer
    I wonder if the clear backs will still be available for purchase in the future and how many of those are left?
    The display backs are coming up as in stock, but that is as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by discgolfer
    The display backs are coming up as in stock, but that is as far as I know.
    Looks like 32 are left.

Master

The PRS-5 is a great watch and I'm coming to the view that it could well be the only chronograph I'll ever need - my Speedmaster Pro lost out to this beauty :shock:

I originally bought one second hand but moved it on in a mad bout of flipping. I almost immediately realised I'd made a terrible mistake and had to have one again, and didn't hesitate to get one brand new from Timefactors (Eddie fitted the display back for me.) I like the thought that I'm its only owner :)

I suspect if enough people clamour for its return it will make a comeback at some point, but seem to recall Eddie saying that his chronographs have always been quite slow sellers in comparison to some of his other offerings. It may be a case of only appreciating something after it's gone....but I hope I'm wrong.

:drunken:

I've just recently bought one and I have to be honest that it's keeping a few much pricier watches off my wrist. I'm very impressed with the quality and value and the display back is definitely worth the extra expense. I am surprised that there have only been 300 made which suggests that it wasn't that fast a seller, which is a shame.