closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do they get away with this? Fake Rolex Content.

Banned
    Blog Entries

How do they get away with this? Fake Rolex Content.

How do they get away with this FFS?

http://www.rolex-mens.com

Re: How do they get away with this? Fake Rolex Content.

That's shocking, they have even gone down the aged vintage and Pro Hunter route.

The worrying thing is, with vintage, Comex and the like they are targeting the WIS Market :(

Master
    Blog Entries

Connoisseurs know that a watch is not just a chronometer. A watch is a very important accessory that displays your world view, your taste, your lifestyle and your individuality. A really stylish watch can become a decisive element of your image. Together with stylishness, a good watch must feature very high accuracy, because only with an accurate watch you will be always in time. Buy a high quality watch and change your life right now!
    It's not just a chronometer :lol:
    It displays your world view - I am fake and so is my stuff.
    Change your life right now! - by being late to your appointments and have people think you are a schmuck who chooses to wear a fake watch or a mug who was conned.

Nice Rolex box, cards and paper work for $80.

They are not trying to pass their products off as genuine rolex or even as water proof.
    Therefore if you want a rolex but cannot afford one why not have a good quality replica ?

Not for me, but rolex are clearly not loosing sales as the sort of person that would buy and wear one of these is
    never going to buy a real rolex.

Grand Master

A quick check shows that the site is registered and based in China, so no chance of shutting it down easily for rolex.

Banned
    Blog Entries

The Yacht master has a 2892 movement. Thats a serious piece of kit in its self.

Im more interested in how Rolex have not taken them down. It looks like they are a pretty serious business and with that many models available their stock must toe up pretty significant capitol. Thats not a guy on the beach with a tea towel full of watches is it!

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nesima
    Therefore if you want a rolex but cannot afford one why not have a good quality replica ?
    Because it is fake?

Mind you there are better made copies that these, even with clone movements that would fool but the realy expert, for sale and those offer very, véry good product for the price but as to value for money they are ... fake.

There is NO defending fake.
    It is counterfeit.
    It is theft.
    It should not be sponsored, wether it is a fake Rolex or a fake Casio.

They are just scam sites; if you do get the watch it would just be a crappy copy you'd get on Greene St in NYC for twenty dollars

Further reading http://www.rolex-replica-scams.com/scam-list.php

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Albellisimo
    They are just scam sites
    as per definition :idea:

Quote Originally Posted by jrpippen
    The Yacht master has a 2892 movement. Thats a serious piece of kit in its self.
    I'm not a movement person, I don't understand the technical details like the majority on here do, but what are the chances of the watch you buy actually turning up with a Swiss 2892 movement, more so i should imagine that the majority of the people who buy these fakes wouldn't know that movement from any other and wouldn't be in a position to confirm the movement they have received or even care.
    Even if you could differentiate movements what are you going to do about it? Take the manufacturer to a small claims court or similar saying that your fake Rolex didn't contain a Swiss 2892 movement as described and now you feel cheated enough to want a refund/damages in compensation.

Not even mentioning the problem you'd have in finding the person to sue.

These companies deal in fakes with relative impunity because their customers are equally fake and that is the nub of the problem and the basis of their business model.

They are just scam sites; if you do get the watch it would just be a crappy copy you'd get on Greene St in NYC for twenty dollars

Further reading http://www.rolex-replica-scams.com/scam-list.php
    +1 If they are prepared to rip of Rolex, they ain't gonna loose any sleep in shafting anyone stupid enough to buy from them.

If u want real then really save up :wink:

Master

How do they get away with this FFS?

http://www.rolex-mens.com
    There's a whole parallel world out there - have you never had a look at one of the many fake watch forums? Quite often they (by that I mean the well known rep sellers who mostly sell the same watches) do occasionally get shut down, but they're usually up again with a different URL quickly enough.

I came across a replica site when I was Googling Kobold and found this: Here

It's like a luxury watch ripoff mecca. I can't believe they make replica Kobold - hardly anyone even knows what they are.

Its very sad, but as long as Rolex are Rolex,
    they will be copied & fakes will sell...............

Does it damage the brand/Ownership.....well thats another question

Master

Not for me, but rolex are clearly not loosing sales as the sort of person that would buy and wear one of these is never going to buy a real rolex.
    Bzzzt! Wrong.

Master

I can't believe they make replica Kobold - hardly anyone even knows what they are.
    I wouldn't have thought anybody does, actually. A lot of these are just scam sites to encourage the hard of thinking into handing over their credit card details.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover
    Not for me, but rolex are clearly not loosing sales as the sort of person that would buy and wear one of these is never going to buy a real rolex.
    Bzzzt! Wrong.

totally agree with the "Wrong" part.

I live and work in China and most people i know who can afford a Rolex/Montblanc would never buy one because everyone assumes it's a fake...so in that sense they are hurting sales.

Equally i disagree with the comment about all copies being bad (i'm NOT defending them etc etc). I've seen a lot of them up close, looked at the movements etc and taken a couple apart. Some are really bad...but some, as watches, are actually very good. And some as others have said here are indistinguishable, to my non-expert eye, to the real thing.

That, I'm guessing here as I have no direct experience, might mean that some people would save a considerable sum by buying a convincing copy.

I would imagine even in the UK Rolex wearers sometimes get fed up of being asked "is it real" ???

I sincerely hope not but it's been a while since i lived/worked back home.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mikee
    Bzzzt! Wrong.

I live and work in China and most people i know who can afford a Rolex/Montblanc would never buy one because everyone assumes it's a fake...so in that sense they are hurting sales.

Equally i disagree with the comment about all copies being bad (i'm NOT defending them etc etc). I've seen a lot of them up close, looked at the movements etc and taken a couple apart. Some are really bad...but some, as watches, are actually very good. And some as others have said here are indistinguishable, to my non-expert eye, to the real thing.

That, I'm guessing here as I have no direct experience, might mean that some people would save a considerable sum by buying a convincing copy.

I would imagine even in the UK Rolex wearers sometimes get fed up of being asked "is it real" ???

I sincerely hope not but it's been a while since i lived/worked back home.
    You never tire of saying "of course it is" though!

Master

Unsure what you mean by "they", but while there are indeed scam sites which use genuine high-end watch pics on their sites, and will send you some awful crap after you order one, there is a thriving replica watch community out there, with several discussion boards maintaining lists of trusted dealers who use genuine photos, won't rip you off and will even provide decent after-sales service in some cases.

I know of one dealer who will send you photos of the actual watch you're buying and uploads a YouTube video of your watch on a regulator before it's sent.

Some replica watches have cheap Chinese 21j movements. Others have decent movements, clones of ETAs or even genuine Swiss ETAs.

Now I agree it's a guilty pleasure, and I can't defend it completely. But some of the rhetoric you hear about replica watches is hysterical. A fake Rolex (or Hublot, or IWC, or Patek, or ..) is not the same thing as a fake passport or a fake chequebook. If you attach a great deal of importance to the value of a watch on someone's wrist, then to my mind that's your problem, and I speak as someone who owns more genuine high-end watches than most.

Now passing of a replica watch as a real one in a sale is something else, and I couldn't defend that of course. But that is not inherent or necessary to buying replica watches.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mikee
    Bzzzt! Wrong.

Not sure you did agree with me there. To be clear, what I meant was: the proposition that someone who would wear a replica watch wouldn't buy a real Rolex is incorrect. I can assert that with 100% confidence.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Its illegal though and Immoral to "copy" another product 100%. If the dial said a different name it would be a homage and a totally different story.

You wouldn't steal a car, so why steal a patent. Its the same thing.

Are you a knock of Nigel Monno? :wink:

reading the service rip off threat (blood on the carpet) part of me doesn't wonder if the "high end" brands don't in some way have it coming...
    I don't really feel sorry for them in anyway i have to admit. The charges are HUGE and the build quality thread makes me wonder too.

In many cases I think so called high end watches simply aren't worth the cost multipliers applied to them at all.

Not in terms of quality, accuracy, build, service or exclusivity (for what ever that means).

Some are...Dornbluth (sorry can't find the proper U) springs to mind, and perhaps one or two others...

but really...worth the money in ANY sense? I think not in many cases. Some are just to say "look at me i can afford this watch" and in that case...replica's are no surprise. And if they work really well...in fact AS well as the real things for quite literally 1/100th of the price then it's not surprising they thrive. Add to this the servicing costs that i just read about, and which made me angry in my own case a few times and it all breaks down further.

We all are aware that the profit margin on high end watches is enormous for the big makers...

I don't begrudge companies being in business...but I have recently begun to feel like I'm being stitched up whilst looking over some Swiss watches....

Master

Its illegal though and Immoral to "copy" another product 100%. If the dial said a different name it would be a homage and a totally different story.

Well, I don't think it should be legal to make branded, replica watches. But is it the same thing as stealing a car? Hmm - not really. Rolex (for example) haven't been deprived of their patent (or copyright, or whatever), exactly. Also worth remembering that an $88 Sea Dweller and the real McCoy aren't exactly competing in the same market. I don't say that makes it right of course, but I do think it's a significant mitigating factor.

Who he?

Master

It's another reason I really like the Breitling Aerospace. I have never seen a copy that even comes close.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well, I don't think it should be legal to make branded, replica watches. But is it the same thing as stealing a car? Hmm - not really. Rolex (for example) haven't been deprived of their patent (or copyright, or whatever), exactly. Also worth remembering that an $88 Sea Dweller and the real McCoy aren't exactly competing in the same market. I don't say that makes it right of course, but I do think it's a significant mitigating factor.

Who he?
    A "knock off Nigel" is some one who wold buy, or make pirate films or cd's rather than buy the real thing. Or as well a buying the real thing.

It is the same as staling a car, its stealing a patent, and although the victim of not an individual, that doesnt make it more acceptable. Its similar to insurance fraud. the victim can afford the loss, but that does not make it right.

Master

I'm not saying it "makes it right". But it's certainly not the same as stealing a car; that's an analogy that doesn't begin to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Huertecilla
    They are just scam sites
    as per definition :idea:
    No ; as in you don't even get the fake; as in a scam: as per the definition :wink:

Master

A "knock off Nigel" is some one who wold buy, or make pirate films or cd's rather than buy the real thing. Or as well a buying the real thing.
    Thanks for that, I was wondering who "Nigel Monno" was :D

Journeyman

Nice Rolex box, cards and paper work for $80.

They are not trying to pass their products off as genuine rolex or even as water proof.

Not for me, but rolex are clearly not loosing sales as the sort of person that would buy and wear one of these is
    never going to buy a real rolex.
    What if you were to show it to someone and not say it was a fake? They would assume that all rolex products are flimsy like that fake undoubtedly is and would not go out and spend £4000 on one.

These watches aren't even good fakes for the money, check out the fingerprints on the metal surrounding the lume and the uneven paint on the second hand.

Bzzzt! Wrong.
    Correct it is wrong! There is no such word, it's losing ffs!

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    These watches aren't even good fakes for the money, check out the fingerprints on the metal surrounding the lume and the uneven paint on the second hand.
    That's a blanket generalisation that doesn't hold true in a lot of cases.

Journeyman

I'm not saying it "makes it right". But it's certainly not the same as stealing a car; that's an analogy that doesn't begin to work.
    why not actually... must is relate to a physical/tangible item to qualify as theft?

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slcy
    why not actually... must is relate to a physical/tangible item to qualify as theft?
    Ah ha! I knew I was not going mad!

:-)

Am I the only person that has friends (who are not watch people) that have an original watch for special occasions and then a fake version of the same watch that they wear for everyday use?

I can understand their logic in doing it although I still don't think it's right myself.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomer
    Am I the only person that has friends (who are not watch people) that have an original watch for special occasions and then a fake version of the same watch that they wear for everyday use?

I can understand their logic in doing it although I still don't think it's right myself.
    I've only heard of this, seems it might be a way in the wearer justifying the purchase and the excuse to wear a fake. I'd doubt very much if you have a high end watch that you've spent thousands on that you'd be happy to wear a replica - even a good one. Besides if it was a good high end franken who really would spot the small giveaway flaws and why have a gen watch that gets only worn at weddings or birthdays?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK
    I agree that this has been gone over forever Chris but one thing threads like this do is bring the fake fanciers out of the cupboard with their sterling defence of counterfeits and remind you never to buy anything from those people. :evil:
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by slcy
    No, but it certainly does to qualify as "the same as stealing a car", and more to the point the owner has to be actually deprived of something.

Master

Ah ha! I knew I was not going mad!

:-)
    I don't think anyone would claim you were going mad merely because you tried an analogy that didn't work. There's a difference between being wrong and being insane, so no need to worry :)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Skool
    I've only heard of this, seems it might be a way in the wearer justifying the purchase and the excuse to wear a fake. I'd doubt very much if you have a high end watch that you've spent thousands on that you'd be happy to wear a replica - even a good one.
    Well I can't see much point in buying a replica of a high-end watch that you've already got personally, but I can assure you that someone who does own genuine IWCs, Rolexes and Omegas can enjoy wearing a replica watch.

Most or nearly all people who buy replica watches don't have an equivalent genuine version, I'm fairly sure of that.

And again, I find the rhetoric of this thread quite amusing. I think it's quite telling, as well. It's as though people see their expensive watches as some kind of paid-for privileged status. It is, after all, a wristwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Skool
    I've only heard of this, seems it might be a way in the wearer justifying the purchase and the excuse to wear a fake. I'd doubt very much if you have a high end watch that you've spent thousands on that you'd be happy to wear a replica - even a good one.
    Well I can't see much point in buying a replica of a high-end watch that you've already got personally, but I can assure you that someone who does own genuine IWCs, Rolexes and Omegas can enjoy wearing a replica watch.
    Who are these people?

I've never met them.

Don't they have any self respect?

I'd rather wear one of Huertys gruesome real Casio's than a fake anything personally.

Most or nearly all people who buy replica watches don't have an equivalent genuine version, I'm fairly sure of that.
    Of course not. They are a bunch of wannabe losers that's why.

And again, I find the rhetoric of this thread quite amusing. I think it's quite telling, as well. It's as though people see their expensive watches as some kind of paid-for privileged status. It is, after all, a wristwatch.
    But at least it is real and not a counterfeit.

What does it say about people who go around wearing counterfeit crap obviously trying to pretend they have the real thing?

L-O-S-E-R.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomer

I really don't understand this. People do it with cars, but that's usually due to insurance; they can't drive the real one, so have a replica made because they want to drive it.

Having an expensive watch, but wearing a replica and having to explain to people that you do have a real one, but it's at home in the safe is a bit like carrying a bank statement around with you. 'I've only got 50p in my pocket, but look at how much I've got in the bank'. Very sad.

I bought a fake Submariner in the early 1990s. The main lesson I learnt from this was "never buy a fake again", it might fool others but you will always know.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RobinMasters
    I really don't understand this. People do it with cars, but that's usually due to insurance; they can't drive the real one, so have a replica made because they want to drive it.
    ...but... they are NOT. They will not only nót be enjoying the real thing because it is not, they will also be on public display with a fake :idea:

Luxury up market image things like the Rolex brand for the large part are about the exclusivity of being able to úse it.
    Ok, so many Rolex buyers will be carefull not to scratch their rugged tool simply because ther are nót all that effluant as they want to advertise.
    Very reasonable that they will not want to wear their sub going canyonning and a G-shock would make a lot of common snese.
    Alternating a safe queen and a fake is.... too petty to put into words.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    I bought a fake Submariner in the early 1990s. Eddie

:shock: :shock:

Master

To be honest why would anyone want to buy a fake in the first place? You could buy a much better quality watch for less money than a fake. Eddie's Precista brand is a good start here, good designs with great quality and there are many other makers that are regualrly brought up for discussion on this very forum.

I can only see the point that they aren't looking for a particular design or a watch in general, but a watch to fool others because they, like the watches are fakes.

Banned
    Blog Entries

+1

Master

I bought a fake Submariner in the early 1990s.
    I bought one a few weeks ago. ;)

Blog Entries

I'm fascinated / shocked beyond belief that on a forum such as this, a true WISdom site, I see people actually supporting and giving positive comments to any replica or fake watch.

I'd rather own a genuine £30 watch than a fake high end one... as the £30 watch is genuine.

Surely hating fakes / replica's is the official rule number one for any true watch lover????

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mi Shu
    I bought a fake Submariner in the early 1990s.
    I bought one a few weeks ago. ;)
    Why god Why!