closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Short zoom for Nikon

Short zoom for Nikon

Looking for a short zoom for Nikon D70. Any one have one for sale or something equivalent to a 50mm

Thanks
    steve

Re: Short zoom for Nikon

How short? Ffordes https://secure.ffordes.com/index.htm have these three used 18-70mm which are pretty much unbeatable as regards high performance budget lenses

18-70mm F3.5-4.5 G AFS ED DX[Nikon] E+ 129.00
    18-70mm F3.5-4.5 G AFS ED DX[Nikon] E++ 149.00
    18-70mm F3.5-5.6 G AFS ED DX[Nikon] E++ 139.00

dunk
    "My friends, as I have discovered myself, there are no disasters, only opportunities. And, indeed, opportunities for fresh disasters ..." Boris Johnson After being sacked from the Tory front bench, 2004

Craftsman

Absolutely love this lens. It spends all of its time on my camera unless I really need a long zoom. I intend to get the d7000 this week and the 24-70 for it, so we'll see just how good the older model is in terms of sharpness etc. I know it hasn't a chance against the 24-70, but i am always impressed with the quality of the 18-70.

Park Cameras are listing this used lens ... Nikon AF-D 50mm f1.8 75.00 ... & Mifsud are listing this: Used Nikon Nikkor 35mm F1.8 AFS G DX 159.00 Excellent++

dunk
    "My friends, as I have discovered myself, there are no disasters, only opportunities. And, indeed, opportunities for fresh disasters ..." Boris Johnson After being sacked from the Tory front bench, 2004

Thanks for your reply s, just looking for a small lens that does not add much weight to camera so i guess something like a 3 times zoom would do. Will look at the ones suggested .

steve

Do you really need the zoom?

The reason I ask is I recently bought a Nikon 50mm F1.8D AF Nikkor lens and can highly recommend it. Pin sharp, very light and available from around 100 if not cheaper. It's rapidly turned into my default "to go" lens and I enjoy the good practice of just getting a little closer rather than relying on the zoom.

Just a though and I hope you get what you need.

Cheers,
    Gary

Yes i did have a 50mm but it is not that on a digital, , would like a 50mm digital equivalent, i guess that would be something like a 35mm would i be right

steve

Craftsman

Can only concur with what Gary said,I have also got the Nikon 50mm F1.8D AF Nikkor lens

Well worth getting one.

Cheers Mal

Quote Originally Posted by stevecross
    Yes i did have a 50mm but it is not that on a digital, , would like a 50mm digital equivalent, i guess that would be something like a 35mm would i be right

steve
    Yes ... 35mm = 52mm equivalent

dunk