closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strap for Seiko 6139-6002

Strap for Seiko 6139-6002

I'm struggling to find pics of a 6139-6002 (gold dial) on a strap. I have a few rally straps etc. that look like they might suit but are the wrong width to try them. I have bought one of Edddie's NATOs in blue w/red/white stripe to try but want to try and find a pic of a black leather strap preferably with yellow stitching to see if it will suit the gold dial of the 6139-6002. The Di-Modell Rallye looks good but no yellow stitching unfortunately. Does anyone know of any decent black straps with coloured stitching that would suit the 6139? I've seen a few pics of the 6139-600x on a strap and not sure if they looked right, I think the strap will need to be quite chunky to fill the gap at the lugs. There are a few threads on this very subject on here but pics are thin on the ground so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Strap for Seiko 6139-6002

I've got mine on an ATG Vintage Racing strap:

The difficulty with these is that the lug size of 19mm restricts the options available - ATG may have some 19mm straps in stock, but they're hard to find.
    I'm not sure if that's going to help or not. Have you tried Watchbandcenter in Germany? I'm not sure of the website address, but if you Google Watchbandcenter it should come up.

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Thanks for that. It looks good on the ATG rally. I had considered it but the price had put me off :lol: I have checked the site you mentioned and found plenty of black straps w/ yellow stitching but all are either 18mm or 20mm. The only strap that I've 'notched' was a maratrac but that wasn't leather. I guess, I could try a 19mm strap w/ white stitching and get creative with a highlighting pen !

Cheers again.

It's frustrating. I've looked for a nice 19mm strap for ages, but without success. One of my Seikos (6318-3003) has an 18mm which is fine at a glance - again, it's an ATG.

If you find one, would you mind letting me know? I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

I suppose a custom strap is an option.

A 20mm strap will easily compress slightly to fit 19mm lugs in my experience - and will look much better than fitting an 18mm strap

Craftsman

What about a Di-Modell Carbonio Sport with red stitch? (there is red on your 6002 bezel & two of the hands are red)
    I have one on my 6138-0011 & it can be bought in 19mm so no squeezing required? - Got mine @ ukwatchstrap btw not expensive & speedy delivery
    Here's a pic of mine ... Paul ;)

Thanks, there are plenty more options with red stitching. Cracking little/big dial there. It's another one I want to add to my collection..... Need to find a good one though.

Craftsman

I have the 6139-6002 but with the dark dial and went for this Di-Modell Rallye, 19mm width:

As Toshi has said above, a 20mm will look fine. I have one on my 19mm carré case Zeno and within an hour of wearing it the leather had compressed and looked perfect.

A Di-Modell would work well i think in 19mm.

The other option would be to go for a 20mm and make it fit if you wanted more choice - if you look for Ebay seller 'Squinky' in the states, you'll see he has a selection of rally style straps with blue, yellow, red, orange stitch etc :)

I've went with a Di-Modell Carbonio Sport and a NATO (so far). This sourcing a strap malarky can get expensive :D

and here it is on the carbon. I think it looks good. It looked good on the NATO too so I'm well chuffed.