closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Omega's.....

Re: Show us your Omega's.....

My only current one and happily not one that anyone else has posted!

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingdave
    Gary. Stop it. Stop it now :D
    You should see that ones I've sold mate :wink:

Cheers,
    Gary
    Lets not go there as well! Though you may recognise one from this little group shot. Infact, a few of you may recognise pieces in here.....

Missing some bumpers and the Speedy in the bottom row, second from right, has been replaced with a 105.003.....

A few of mine past and present:

Thanks for taking the time to reply guys, keep the pictures coming. Some of these collections are awesome, I can only dream of having that many top drawer Omega's. Although at only 21, I guess I have lots of years to catch up! 8)

And go on Gary, post the ones you have sold too, you know you want to really..... :lol: :D

Craftsman

Nice thread. Some lovely watches (dare I say grails) in there. Apologies for the quality of the pics. I could blame the camera or the lighting, but it's really my skills that are lacking.

First some "technical" dials:

Cal 601 Geneve:

Cal 562 Seamaster:

Cal 601 "speedmaster companion" (wabi'ed and looking for TLC):

Then some tuning forks:

D-case connie:

Seamaster cone with crown at 2:

Smf300:

Also:

Cal 501 Seamaster:

Cal 861 Speedmaster:

Quote Originally Posted by raydin
    small contribution from me. past and present.

Past:

Present:

Superb photos, ray!

My beauty here. 40th Anniversary Apollo 11 with a display back added by me :) Its a keeper for sure!

Good combo 8) what's the strap?

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary
    Seamasters

Cheers,
    Gary

Master

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly

Superb photos, ray!
    Cheers, There is something else arriving tomorrow from the rising sun, so watch this space.

ok, couple of mine,some of these have gone onto new owners :cry:

Here's mine:

45mm PO
    3570.50 Speedmaster
    145022-69 Speedmaster '220 Bezel'

Forgot my 2254.5

Master

I started with this

Which turned into

Then got this ..

Which turned into this ..

Then came this Aqua Terra (pic borrowed from previous owner - Floyd)

Most lately (pic borrowed from previous owner - Andy)

Quote Originally Posted by dentaku
    Good combo 8) what's the strap?
    Thanks, it's an ATG vintage watches sail cloth, unfortunately I don't think they have any left now. I think it suits the 2254.50 very well although I'd love to get an Omega rubber strap for it to, shame they're silly money really.

Cheers,
    Gary

Journeyman

This a bit old picture, some have gone, others have arrived since...

Here's my Omega '53. Very proud of this one. I also inherited a Seamaster Cosmic 2000. Unfortunately it spent some time in the sea, attached to my uncle, hence the inheritance...

My Grandfather's watch

My Father's watch

My watch

and some that I just like to have

Quote Originally Posted by RaulGonzalez
    And go on Gary, post the ones you have sold too, you know you want to really..... :lol: :D
    Oh go on then, seeing as you asked so nicely :lol:

Here's the ones that have passed on to other owners. As much as it pains me to admit it even I can't keep them all, try as I might :wink:

Quite sad really looking at that little lot, I just hope whoever's wearing them now are enjoying them as much as I did.

Cheers,
    Gary

Master

OK, I'll play:

We wont go there with the ones I dont have anymore, not all my Omegas above but I guess it covers the highlights :D

Master

I would post the ones that have gone but I might cry :|

Got some Connies

Quote Originally Posted by c24/7
    Bomier...

Now THAT looks like the CORRECT original bezel on your MK1 Type1 with the STRAIGHT 1 and SQUARE 3 :D as opposed to the other way around. It is infact the one returned to me by OMEGA BIENNE after the full service of my MK1 Type1 back to original factory specs, though my original has a crack in it, hence the Factory required swap.

Very nice, even with wabi :wink:
    There is no "correct" bezel type for each dial type of Ploprof, since bezels changed at different times than when dials changed, due to the vagaries of suppliers no doubt. After having owned a number of all-original Ploprofs I can confidently say that the only CORRECT bezel type for an original tritium dial is a tritium bezel (B1/B2/B5) and NOT a SuperLuminova bezel (B3, B4).

As tool divers, Ploprofs were used hard and (hopefully) serviced over the years and so there are very few all-original watches left. Ones with SuperLuminova hands, bezels and/or dials are not "Original", "Unrefinished" or "Unrestored" or anything of the sort.

Some beautiful watches in this thread 8) I don't have anything to show that hasn't already been posted. Other than this:

And these :wink:

(my photo of another TZ-UKer's watch)

Yes, absolutely OMEGA BIENNE is REQUIRED to guarantee the watch is perfectly operational and WATER-PROOF to -600 Meters as part of the Omega Bienne full service (OMEGA BIENNE SERVICE DOCS IN PICS), in doing that they require certain OMEGA NOS replacements (the bezel) being the one OMEGA Bienne required, and the Omega hands were a personal decision, as they did not look nearly as good as the perfect MK1 Type1 dial.

If one does NOT agree to their requirements, the example is returned to the owner un-serviced - and that's it, as they will not guarantee their work - which is pricey :D
    Ok, I dont want to get into a discussion/fight/flame war, yet im sorry Luis but what you have written is not actually true. You have made it sound very authoritative but the facts are not right.

Omega Bienne will do their best to make a watch with previous WR the same WR spec as before, but they sometimes just cant get the specs and in the case of rare watches will do the work on the watch but just not warrant the WR and it says so in the paperwork of the watch when its returned. They have NEVER EVER used the words REQUIRED or WILL NOT SERVICE on anything, and the only time they cant help the customer is when they do not have critical parts in stock, eg Megasonic, CQ, MQ etc.

Also the bezel is not something Omega would mandate that you must change. Im not sure who did the work on your watches but Omega have a much better attitude to working on watches than for example Rolex, and as such they have never mandated any bezel change on anything I have ever sent them, and that's quite a few watches now.

Contrary to what youve said, the only thing Omega did question was why I wanted to keep some hands as the ones i had were quite battered and they worried the lume might drop off and enter the movt, this would of course not be a failure they would not want within the 2 year international warranty and we agreed that if I kept them and if there was a problem and the lume was the failure point then i would foot the bill. I did that after extensive checking of the hands under a loupe as I wouldnt wish away my warranty lightly.

Omega have had a bad rap recently with some watches on this forum, and (Im only talking about the factory here as I dont deal with Omega UK) whilst their comms can leave a bit to be desired at times Ive always found them to be helpful and amenable with our collectable old watches, very few other brands offer the service Omega do and to be honest its one of the reasons Ive become such a fan of the old Omega watches, after all the chance to have a 2 year warranted (like a new watch gets) PloProf or sm120c is really quite special. Rolex is only one year i think and rolex are very mandatory with parts and have poor comms (my experience of St James Square and Sydney).

The watch is OMEGA Bienne serviced/warrantied (24 months worth), water-proofed to -600M as when new by the originating factory... and honestly I would NEVER buy an example of this watch (Ploprof) that has not been sorted completly by the Factory (who made it originally) via a recent full service, as who knows what's in there otherwise?
    There are other places I would trust that a Ploprof has been fettled properly and along with Bienne, STS is one. I would also trust one of my local guys who has done a lot of work on PloProfs over the years, but Bienne and STS's 2 year warranty is very compelling over a local guy. Also it gives buyers the peace of mind if you ever sell the watch. Never give a ploprof to some local shop or servicer who has not experience with the watch, its just not worth it with what they are worth in today's market.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by JonW
    Yes, absolutely OMEGA BIENNE is REQUIRED to guarantee the watch is perfectly operational and WATER-PROOF to -600 Meters as part of the Omega Bienne full service (OMEGA BIENNE SERVICE DOCS IN PICS), in doing that they require certain OMEGA NOS replacements (the bezel) being the one OMEGA Bienne required, and the Omega hands were a personal decision, as they did not look nearly as good as the perfect MK1 Type1 dial.

If one does NOT agree to their requirements, the example is returned to the owner un-serviced - and that's it, as they will not guarantee their work - which is pricey :D
    Ok, I dont want to get into a discussion/fight/flame war, yet im sorry Luis but what you have written is not actually true. You have made it sound very authoritative but the facts are not right.

Omega Bienne will do their best to make a watch with previous WR the same WR spec as before, but they sometimes just cant get the specs and in the case of rare watches will do the work on the watch but just not warrant the WR and it says so in the paperwork of the watch when its returned. They have NEVER EVER used the words REQUIRED or WILL NOT SERVICE on anything, and the only time they cant help the customer is when they do not have critical parts in stock, eg Megasonic, CQ, MQ etc.
    My dear Jon... don't worry about fanning flames as I TRULY could care less what certain individuals think, care or do etc... They need lives outside sitting behind a keyboard, or parading in costumes.

We ALL know you wrote and are trying to sell a book - and all... but I have RECENTLY dealt with OMEGA under the current administration of Mrs. Nayla Hayek, so unless you have as well, I actually know what I am talking about, despite the fact YOU "supposedly know" (or rather as you phrased it in terms of what I wrote) "sound very authoritative"... the CURRENT situation is they will not complete the work unless they can guarantee the piece is functional to original specs (as reiterated and confirmed by their VP & Int'l Sales Director overseeing Vintage Resto & Service Bienne). Beit it a cracked bezel getting caught in materials hence not rotating correctly, or a case that cannot be water-proofed etc... etc...

They will offer Omega factory replacements to assure factory specs, obviously if they have them in stock.

And you know what... that makes absolute/obvious sence, as why would they (OMEGA) do work they have to warranty, if only to have to do it all over again if problematic within the warranty period?

And based on your take of the "POLICY" why would an owner, pay HIGH Factory service fees to get a watch at less than factory specs (FROM THE FACTORY) NOT to mention NO warranty :!: , especially in the case of a dive watch such as the PP, in doing the job it was originally designed to do i.e. -600M?

This isn't surgery... it's common sence.

I just wanted to share some watches (I hope most enjoyed my collection), as some just can't seem to just let things be - for whatever reasons. Oh well :mrgreen:

That's all I care say... but you guys can continue amongst yourselves... I'M DONE, as this WAS a very pleasant/enjoyable Omega picture gallery thread NOT a BS knit picking session (again) I sincerely have NO time or desire for these kinds of meaningless exchanges - LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL go and see, OVER & OUT :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by JonW

Also the bezel is not something Omega would mandate that you must change. Im not sure who did the work on your watches but Omega have a much better attitude to working on watches than for example Rolex, and as such they have never mandated any bezel change on anything I have ever sent them, and that's quite a few watches now.

Contrary to what youve said, the only thing Omega did question was why I wanted to keep some hands as the ones i had were quite battered and they worried the lume might drop off and enter the movt, this would of course not be a failure they would not want within the 2 year international warranty and we agreed that if I kept them and if there was a problem and the lume was the failure point then i would foot the bill. I did that after extensive checking of the hands under a loupe as I wouldnt wish away my warranty lightly.

Omega have had a bad rap recently with some watches on this forum, and (Im only talking about the factory here as I dont deal with Omega UK) whilst their comms can leave a bit to be desired at times Ive always found them to be helpful and amenable with our collectable old watches, very few other brands offer the service Omega do and to be honest its one of the reasons Ive become such a fan of the old Omega watches, after all the chance to have a 2 year warranted (like a new watch gets) PloProf or sm120c is really quite special. Rolex is only one year i think and rolex are very mandatory with parts and have poor comms (my experience of St James Square and Sydney).

The watch is OMEGA Bienne serviced/warrantied (24 months worth), water-proofed to -600M as when new by the originating factory... and honestly I would NEVER buy an example of this watch (Ploprof) that has not been sorted completly by the Factory (who made it originally) via a recent full service, as who knows what's in there otherwise?
    There are other places I would trust that a Ploprof has been fettled properly and along with Bienne, STS is one. I would also trust one of my local guys who has done a lot of work on PloProfs over the years, but Bienne and STS's 2 year warranty is very compelling over a local guy. Also it gives buyers the peace of mind if you ever sell the watch. Never give a ploprof to some local shop or servicer who has not experience with the watch, its just not worth it with what they are worth in today's market.

Im not trying to do anything other than help people and yes i have dealt with Bienne recently. Offering a replacement is different than mandating one, but i will leave people to deal with Bienne themselves and see how they are treated. im not fighting with you Luis, I dont have the time.

My dear Jon... don't worry about fanning flames as I TRULY could care less what certain individuals think, care or do etc... They need lives outside sitting behind a keyboard, or parading in costumes.
    Son, if you expect to be able to say whatever you like about watch topics, then you've come to the wrong place. Once again, your poorly-disguised ad hominem attacks are not welcome here and you are the only spoiling a thread by trying it on and posting incorrect information about Omegas (once again). If you expect folks to sit back and watch you spout rubbish, then you are sorely mistaken.

[quote=c24/7][quote="S.L":349m8w9p]
    Quote Originally Posted by "c24/7":349m8w9p
    Of course the ICON, Omega Seamaster 600 "so-called" Ploprof Ref 166.077 Circa 1970
    Generation 1 TYPE 1
    - THE first and rarest of ALL - UNREFINISHED BEAUTY -
    Are you saying that the hands and bezel on that Ploprof are not later replacements?
    Btw, did you use to post on WUS as "Uncomfortable Hunk Of Metal" or something similar to that?

[/quote:349m8w9p]

Hello Stefan...

<snip>

And YES... parts of my current collection were formerly that of Uncomfortable Hunk - some truly AMAZING pieces!

Thanks for your interest.[/quote:349m8w9p]

What are the odds that two people on earth are gifted with such a pompous style of expression? Slim I'd say.
    From a guy that could not tell the difference between a Ploprof and a Grand bezel you sure sit on some high horses and continue to spread your personal opinion as fact. But as you have already noticed several times this forum is no haven for such an attitude.
    TBH I'm a bit surprised that your ill camouflaged sales posts within this thread has been allowed to stay but 'caveat emptor' and 'due diligence' suddenly leaps to mind. Good luck with your sales.

1974 Geneve

30th Anniversary Speedy Pro

710's mid-size Co-Axial SMP

Apologies for the poor quality pics - I'm useless with a camera!

Eye catcher.... as always :D

Mine:

best :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu
    Bomier...

Now THAT looks like the CORRECT original bezel on your MK1 Type1 with the STRAIGHT 1 and SQUARE 3 :D as opposed to the other way around. It is infact the one returned to me by OMEGA BIENNE after the full service of my MK1 Type1 back to original factory specs, though my original has a crack in it, hence the Factory required swap.

Very nice, even with wabi :wink:
    There is no "correct" bezel type for each dial type of Ploprof, since bezels changed at different times than when dials changed, due to the vagaries of suppliers no doubt. After having owned a number of all-original Ploprofs I can confidently say that the only CORRECT bezel type for an original tritium dial is a tritium bezel (B1/B2/B5) and NOT a SuperLuminova bezel (B3, B4).

As tool divers, Ploprofs were used hard and (hopefully) serviced over the years and so there are very few all-original watches left. Ones with SuperLuminova hands, bezels and/or dials are not "Original", "Unrefinished" or "Unrestored" or anything of the sort.

Some beautiful watches in this thread 8) I don't have anything to show that hasn't already been posted. Other than this:
    But what a watch Colin, I would love one of those in my collection......one day :wink:

Craftsman

'58 Seamaster

'61 Constellation

'62 Seamaster - immeadiate precursor to the first Seamaster Devilles with the monocoque case

105- 012-66 Speedmaster

'69 (I think) Dynamic

'70 Chronostop

'70 Deville Chrono

'71 Flightmaster

and soon to be mine '71 Memomatic 'Pilot'

Cheers

Ian :D

Grand Master

This thread re-enforces my love of most things Omega .. unfortunately, this is my only remaining one ..

/vince ..

I'll play:

Recent acquisition

First "posh" watch

Sadly gone - but to a better place

Cheers,

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nalu
    Son, if you expect to be able to say whatever you like about watch topics, then you've come to the wrong place. Once again, your poorly-disguised ad hominem attacks are not welcome here and you are the only spoiling a thread by trying it on and posting incorrect information about Omegas (once again). If you expect folks to sit back and watch you spout rubbish, then you are sorely mistaken.
    +1! well put Colin, seems a little out of line to me, direct attacks like the above suck! I guess having written a book on Ploprofs, numerous official articles for Omega and being revered as one of the most knowledgable Ploprof owners out there isn't enough for some people! Poor taste IMHO

More Omegas to follow from me BTW when I can some time in daylight to take some snaps! Colin loving that Vader, is it by any chance on I used to own??

Apprentice

My only Omega, a cal. 266 from 1954. Originally sold for Turkish market.

[quote=S.L][quote="c24/7":52fprtbx][quote="S.L":52fprtbx]
    Quote Originally Posted by "c24/7":52fprtbx
    Of course the ICON, Omega Seamaster 600 "so-called" Ploprof Ref 166.077 Circa 1970
    Generation 1 TYPE 1
    - THE first and rarest of ALL - UNREFINISHED BEAUTY -
    Are you saying that the hands and bezel on that Ploprof are not later replacements?
    Btw, did you use to post on WUS as "Uncomfortable Hunk Of Metal" or something similar to that?

[/quote:52fprtbx]

Hello Stefan...

<snip>

And YES... parts of my current collection were formerly that of Uncomfortable Hunk - some truly AMAZING pieces!

Thanks for your interest.[/quote:52fprtbx]

What are the odds that two people on earth are gifted with such a pompous style of expression? Slim I'd say.
    From a guy that could not tell the difference between a Ploprof and a Grand bezel you sure sit on some high horses and continue to spread your personal opinion as fact. But as you have already noticed several times this forum is no haven for such an attitude.
    TBH I'm a bit surprised that your ill camouflaged sales posts within this thread has been allowed to stay but 'caveat emptor' and 'due diligence' suddenly leaps to mind. Good luck with your sales.[/quote:52fprtbx]
    which is another give-away. "Uncomfortable hunk of metal" did exactly the same last year on WUS :roll:

Not seen this one on the thread so far so will post it since I love it.

Seamaster 120m Quartz (medium). Photographed with a phone (sorry).

Bought it 12 years ago and have worn 24 hours a day 7 days a week since. I think it has worn quite well. It keeps excellent time, as it should being quartz.

I have recently been lurking, looking for a new watch so this one can enjoy a retirement. But have failed to find anything that I feel will wear as well, keep such good time as well and fit my wrist (anything over 40mm is a non starter).
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by stooo
    Not seen this one on the thread so far so will post it since I love it.

Seamaster 120m Quartz (medium). Photographed with a phone (sorry).

Bought it 12 years ago and have worn 24 hours a day 7 days a week since. I think it has worn quite well. It keeps excellent time, as it should being quartz.

I have recently been lurking, looking for a new watch so this one can enjoy a retirement. But have failed to find anything that I feel will wear as well, keep such good time as well and fit my wrist (anything over 40mm is a non starter).
    That looks great Stooo and welcome to the forum...

My Seamaster 300

This new today from j111dja 8)

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by hks3sgte
    My Seamaster 300

Hey, the dogs seems interested :bounce:

Master

I only have the one Omega at the moment - it is my very first "decent" watch bought back in 2000

Banff - Thanksgiving Sunday 011 by chris.skelton, on Flickr

snow2003 by chris.skelton, on Flickr

But a few have been and gone - and I am starting to get a hankering for another Planet Ocean :roll:

omega_family020 by chris.skelton, on Flickr

Watches2309090039 by chris.skelton, on Flickr

P2090051 by chris.skelton, on Flickr

Watches2309090020 by chris.skelton, on Flickr

Morning guys,

Im toying with the idea of buying the Railmaster XXL, I tried it on (48mm face) & I have failrly large wrists so I doesnt look too bad....Whats is the general opinion here as a IWC Portuguese is also on the cards....

Great thread by the way for all Omega lovers!

cheers all

My minty, like NOS, never refurbed MK2 speedy racing/exotic dial...

My mk4 speedy previously owned by a USA military test pilot (who is now very high up over there....and I don't mean in the air )

A few others I don't have pics of and many that have been and gone.

I'm struggling with whether or not I should sell my MK3 at the moment...its a rare beastie and you hardly ever seen original blue's around but I fancy a change and this is the only watch in the collection at the minute that I could maybe let go?

What do you think?

Lovely pieces everyone :shock:

Here's my humble trio :)

Large pic here

Master

CGS