closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best introduce myself

Craftsman

Best introduce myself

Well I eventually managed to get registered on the forum.......thought it was like a closed shop....Your not coming if your not a member :wink:

Well I'm really glad I perservered, went into the George and Dragon last nite and had a real old chin wag, with some really nice fellas......believe it or not about tyre gauges and HDMI cables :o :o :o

Anyway, I'll let you know about me, I'm from Manchester, a bike cop (stop booing and hissing at the back!!!), really into HiFi, bikes, scuba, fishing, shooting.....and now watches. :x

I've not really got anything too fancy, but bought a Benarus Megaladon from Colin on here (wia the watchforum....a much different beast than this forum :wink: ).

Quite like Tags (like Heuers even more), Omegas and Pans (but think these are out of my league at the moment).

I really do like the easy going nature of this forum....the best I've come across so far (I'm on HiFi, watch and car forums).

Well, thats me.....hope to get to know some of you fellas over the coming months :D

Cheers......Stu :drunken:

Re: Best introduce myself

Welcome to the forum Stu :)

Worry not, not much prejudice here - except for the Bear Pit, which needs no caution :wink:
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Welcome Stu, glad you like the place... It sure is like no other and once you get settled you'll never leave!!

Master

Hello from a fellow Manchester based watchy-type. :)

Master

Hi Stu, glad to have you here. We'll soon knock your other hobbies out of you (not least financially!), I remember I used to like hi-fi too!

Anyway, enjoy enjoy. :)

Master

Welcome Stu, and feel free to post pics of your watches in here and your bikes in the G&D :)

Enjoy the forum :)

(Ex Ducati owner, now Triumph Street Triple owner :) )

Welcome enjoy and stay away from SC unless your selling something I want really cheap :-)

Craftsman

Thanks for the welcomes chaps......I feel I belong here already :o

I'm rubbish at photo's, but I'm gonna try....so I can share the beauty of my Ducati, the battenburg of my work bike and the quality of a couple of my bestest watches 8)

Cheers, Stu

Welcome :D
    "I looked with pity not untinged with scorn upon these trivial-minded passers-by"

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

hello and welcome to THE forum

cheers
    mike

Hi and welcome 8)

Best introduce myself

Welcome to the forum - a large, happy, sometimes slightly dysfunctional but tremendously loyal family. :-)
    Steve

Hello and welcome to you :cheers:

Journeyman

Welcome :)

Any pics of the duke?

Master

Welcome to the forum :)

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries

Hi & welcome

Welcome aboard. Does your bank manager like watches? :wink:

I only joined yesterday and can't believe how friendly people are; hope to see you around for a blether

Welcome Stu (not Disco Stu I hope) :D

May your watch education commence :lol:

Andy

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Blog Entries

Welcome from Holland Stu.
    Hi-Fi it used to be a long time ago, watches it is now :)

Cheers,

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

welcome along, enjoy your time here

Hi Stu and welcome to the forum.
    Plenty more of us here in to scuba too.

Master

Hi Stu and welcome :wave:

Despite being a cop, if you are into Ducati's and watches then you can't be all bad :wink:

Plus it gives me an excuse to post this pic again, which always gives me a chuckle.

Hope you enjoy yourself here :)

Master

Hi Stu. Welcome aboard! :wave:

Cheers,
    Bruce

Journeyman

welcome from another new member :mrgreen:

Grand Master

Hi and welcome :)

Paul

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by frankhovis

Any pics of the duke?
    Thanks for the further welcomes, I'm gonna try and take a few pics, next time I take the old girl out....not too often these days, I dont think my neighbours quite appreciate the grunt and snort of a 1977 Ducati 900 V twin bevel, running minimal K and N filters and even more minimal silencing. :evil:

Imagine the sound of the horsemen of the appocalypse rampaging down your street...children crying...dogs howling then running away whimpering, old ladies unable to remain continent!!!! :twisted: Not good on a Sunday morning, when the neighbours complain when your grass is longer than 4 cm!!! :shock:

Stu :D

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatiist

Any pics of the duke?
    Thanks for the further welcomes, I'm gonna try and take a few pics, next time I take the old girl out....not too often these days, I dont think my neighbours quite appreciate the grunt and snort of a 1977 Ducati 900 V twin bevel, running minimal K and N filters and even more minimal silencing. :evil:

Imagine the sound of the horsemen of the appocalypse rampaging down your street...children crying...dogs howling then running away whimpering, old ladies unable to remain continent!!!! :twisted: Not good on a Sunday morning, when the neighbours complain when your grass is longer than 4 cm!!! :shock:

Excellent! Would love to see the pics. I've had a 916 and 900SS. Selling the SS was the worst thing I've ever done. Have tried a few times to buy it back and the guy won't sell it :( . I know what you mean about the sound, I ran mine on Superlight pipes with hollow cans. Neighbours hated weekend mornings in the summer :D

Any pics of the duke?

I would take it out anyway. Mind you when I come home on my minimally silenced Harley after ten at night I flick the kill switch and coast down the hill to my house. :D

North Londoner, exiled in Leicestershire...

Someone should report you to the noise police.... :)

Welcome to the dark side....

Mike

welcome,ducati's and watches both very expensive hobbies,my old girl before kids put pay to her.... :cry:

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by brandersnatch

Any pics of the duke?

I would take it out anyway. Mind you when I come home on my minimally silenced Harley after ten at night I flick the kill switch and coast down the hill to my house. :D
    Unfortunately I live at the TOP of a very steep hill....bugger. Even my garage is at the top a steep drive!!!!

Its such an impractical bike, but what the hell....The previous owner traded it for a Senna 918......He's a pretty special guy, Alwyn Melling who designed engines for race cars and designed the Viper sports car, built in Rochdale.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704
    welcome,ducati's and watches both very expensive hobbies,my old girl before kids put pay to her.... :cry:
    I do REALLY like these Ducatis and they look SOOOOO sexy in yellow :mrgreen: .......I'm very tempted to trade my fireblade for something like yours....the sound is just so addictive and the handling is THE best.....now stop putting temptation in my way.....get behind theee Satan :D

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Mark

Master

Stu told you it was a good place to be.

Lets see pics of the megalodon and the rest of your collection.

Kind Regards

Colin

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by cgs
    Stu told you it was a good place to be.

Lets see pics of the megalodon and the rest of your collection.

Kind Regards

Colin
    Ha Ha Ha.....Yep your right about it being a great place......I'm still wearing my girly little TAG.....my spindley little arms cant cope with that Megalodon.....I'm gonna have to join a gym to build myself up, to wear it!!!!! :roll:

I'm starting off in the 'cheap seats', bought a nice little Seiko 5 and a Seiko world time (1964....my birth year).....But I can see big money getting spent on a Pan or one of your faves, a Breitling!!! :wink:

Thanks for telling me about this forum....its very cool. 8)

Gonna have to try and do some photo's, but they're still not up to scratch, yet!!!

Hope the bowling's going well :D

Stu

Master

Stu,

Bowlings great mate, just cant buy a win :( .

Enjoy it here guy,iam sure you will.

Regards

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by brandersnatch

Any pics of the duke?

Unfortunately I live at the TOP of a very steep hill....bugger. Even my garage is at the top a steep drive!!!!

Its such an impractical bike, but what the hell....The previous owner traded it for a Senna 918......He's a pretty special guy, Alwyn Melling who designed engines for race cars and designed the Viper sports car, built in Rochdale.
    In the early '80's a friend of mine won a 900SS in the MCN spot the ball competition (remember them?), unfortunately it was a real dog! Broke down every time we went out, he sold it quite quickly. I felt really superior on my Moto Guzzi Le Mans, very reliable. Subsequently he has bought one that is sorted, what a great bike.
    My son has a 748, beautiful bike, great when hooning down the lanes but hideous everywhere else, too uncomfortable. I prefer the company FJR1300 or my Electra Glide, I like to be comfortable nowadays. :D

Hey guys got a nice surprise yesterday got the phone call that my watch was returned from omega uk service centre. I wasn't supposed to get it until neat Christmas and I was very nervous with the worked about the uk service centre.

The good news is they have returned my watch in full working order and in absolutely pristine condition. I don't know what they did to it but the watch does look brand new. Got to take my hat off and say they done a fantastic job for me and the watch looks literally brand new.

It's a relief that they didn't wreck it and let's face it no one should be worried that the service is going to wreck it

Master

Welcome Stu , hope the wait was worth it. Adz34

Welcome to the forum Stu :D

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by adz34
    Welcome Stu , hope the wait was worth it. Adz34

Definately worth it, I can't take my eyes off it. Celebrating by wearing it for a few days LOL

Hi 8)
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704
    I do REALLY like these Ducatis and they look SOOOOO sexy in yellow :mrgreen: .......I'm very tempted to trade my fireblade for something like yours....the sound is just so addictive and the handling is THE best.....now stop putting temptation in my way.....get behind theee Satan :D
    ....every Ducatisti knows that Bologna always made the red ones that little bit quicker :wink: :) :lol:

Craftsman

Welcome Stu.

Hi Stu - welcome to the forum 8)

Craftsman

....every Ducatisti knows that Bologna always made the red ones that little bit quicker :wink: :) :lol:

[/quote]

OOOOOOH how nice is that group of bikes.....I really must get mine out.....I'm useless, but here in Manchester it doesn't seem to have stopped raining for an age :evil:

AND I'm used to the rain, riding a work bike most days :)

Everyone knows Ducati's dont like the rain, well my SD doesn't even like clouds, she's a bit temperamental :roll:

Thanks for all the welcoming messages, I'm really enjoying this forum, especially the George and Dragon, some of the threads are real funny :lol:

Master

Hi Stu welcome to the forum its a great place to while away many many hours :roll: :)

Rgds lee

Master

Welcome and enjoy

Apprentice

hi