closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What's on your playlist?

What's on your playlist?

Saharan blues for me - Tinariwen.

Good, good stuff while pratting around the kitchen, and a change from my usual Bon Scott era AC/DC and early Zep...

Re: What's on your playlist?

I have different playlists according to what takes my fancy.

Got a dedicated Foo Fighter playlist, Stevie Wonder playlist, Steely Dan playlist, Queens of the Stone Age playlist. 70's Rock playlist (Led Zep, AC/DC, Who etc), Pop playlist (Madonna, Gaga, Katy Perry) and then for good measure there's good old Apple Genius

At home - But They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha

Oooh mine

Varied is the word. At one end Temptations, Fats Domino

Other end......Metallica, Motorhead, Anthrax, Suicidal Tendencies,Megadeth,Ozzy......
    Paul

GOT...TO...KILL...CAPTAIN STUPID!

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy

Got a dedicated Foo Fighter playlist, Stevie Wonder playlist, Steely Dan playlist, Queens of the Stone Age playlist. 70's Rock playlist (Led Zep, AC/DC, Who etc), Pop playlist (Madonna, Gaga, Katy Perry) and then for good measure there's good old Apple Genius
    Just recently 'discovered' Queens of the Stone Age! Nabbed a copy of the Kyuss/QotSA split ep, really good...

Josh Homme is so talented. Also check out Eagles of Death Metal, really tongue in cheek 2-3 minute rock'n'roll songs, brilliant

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... +hard&aq=0

Seems to be a lot of rockers/metallers on here! I'm listening to a ton of old 'Tallica and Slayer at the moment, interspersed with Eddie Vedder's Into the WIld OST.

Josh Homme is so talented. Also check out Eagles of Death Metal, really tongue in cheek 2-3 minute rock'n'roll songs, brilliant

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... +hard&aq=0
    Oh superb I will, cheers.

Got some other similar stuff sort of from that genre - Blue Cheer 'Vincebus Eruptum', High on Fire 'Snakes for the Divine' plus the Sleep discography - which does take some 'getting into'... errr... :bom:

Bit of foo fighters on my playlist. Also have to keep a stock of disney songs for the kids, if I listen to Haakuna Matata one more time I think I will explode

Master

Currently an equal mix of Tegan & Sara, Bright Eyes, Tori Amos, Ani diFranco and Sia.

Yes, you've never heard of any of them have you. :D
    You ought to.

Gone back to the 80 st and having a u2 and simple minds night :?

I think that may more about my stella state than my musical state

Isn't this topic essentially this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26774&start=2745

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mi Shu
    Currently an equal mix of Tegan & Sara, Bright Eyes, Tori Amos, Ani diFranco and Sia.

You ought to.
    Well now Vicky, I do have Tegan and Sara's cover of Springers 'Dancing in the Dark', love it... great stuff.

edit: oh, what's this? Tegan and Sara 'The Con', on my ipod? It sure is! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Yes, totally - sorry, my bad!! Didn't realise at all, I hadn't the requisite post count to see GeoffD's post over there.. Seen it now, and ensuing embarresment sending me to an early retirement.....

Howie

Master

Quote Originally Posted by howie77

Just recently 'discovered' Queens of the Stone Age! Nabbed a copy of the Kyuss/QotSA split ep, really good...

If you have the opportunity to see QoTSA, don't take it.... I've been a fan of the band for many, many years and finally got to see them a few years back. Utter dreck... Homme is very talented, but he spent the night pounding shots and commenting on how lucky the audience was to be seeing them.

Now the Eagles of Death Metal is another story! Brilliant band and even better live. I've seen them three times and would see them anywhere, any time.

Another great bands to check is the Gossip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i_c7VU-IgE

For something completely different, check out the Cave Singers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-Oq...eature=related

Cheers,

Jay

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mi Shu

You ought to.
    Well now Vicky, I do have Tegan and Sara's cover of Springers 'Dancing in the Dark', love it... great stuff.

"The Con" is an excellent album. Go you! :D
    Also their cover of "DITD" is epic is it not. You, Sir, have taste. 8)

Get some Ani diFranco, Tori Amos, Amon Tobin, Fiona Apple and Sia down your neck. ;)

Master

[quote=Tai Mi Shu]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tai Mi Shu":2bgu2z28

You ought to.

"The Con" is an excellent album. Go you! :D
    Also their cover of "DITD" is epic is it not. You, Sir, have taste. 8)

Get some Ani diFranco, Tori Amos, Amon Tobin, Fiona Apple and Sia down your neck. ;)[/quote:2bgu2z28]

In keeping with the female musician thing you've got going on, you might want to check out the following:

The Gossip (as noted above)

The Noisettes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRFHiBW9RE8

The BellRays (a bit harder, but maybe the best rock voice of recent memory) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmiG0...eature=related

Melissa McClelland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UPNOkJmLpc

and Neko Case http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZok8o7unH0

Cheers,

Jay

Master

Ooo good call with the Noisettes. :)

Some of the others I'll check out tomorrow... thank you. Always up for discovering some new music. :)

Craftsman

Female voice:

1)You NEED to check out Alison Krauss and the Union Station :D
    2)Mindy Smith.....saw her live and she made me cry!!!!! :shock:

If you like the above......then try Kelly Joe Phelps....not a girl, but great music

Stu :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatiist
    Female voice:

1)You NEED to check out Alison Krauss and the Union Station :D
    2)Mindy Smith.....saw her live and she made me cry!!!!! :shock:

If you like the above......then try Kelly Joe Phelps....not a girl, but great music

Stu :D
    Alison Krauss and US... good call! KJP is also a great choice. A bit of a country thing going on there... love it! If you want to talk alt-country or country punk, I'm your hillbilly!

Master

had some Bill Withers, Donny Hathaway, Roberta Flack and Stevie Wonder on the go earlier today.

also this has had a lot of play lately

Been listening to too much 'Bob Harris Country' on my long drive home on Thursdays so listening to Lady Antebellum, Crooked Still, Rascal Flatts and lately Billy Curringham - love his lyric "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy' 8)
    When I'm not listening to that stuff it's Muse or 80's electronica..

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Yes, totally - sorry, my bad!! Didn't realise at all, I hadn't the requisite post count to see GeoffD's post over there.. Seen it now, and ensuing embarresment sending me to an early retirement.....

Howie

I am sure its not a problem and I would not worry, as I have done the same thing in the past. So do not be embarrassed. I think its a good thread so thanks for posting.

Currently on mine is the XX, Massive Attack, Burial, DJ Fresh and Lil Wayne.
    :D

As a keen guitarist, I tend to listen to other guitarists like Greg Howe, Guthrie Govan and John Petrucci, and if you like your guitar unplugged, Don Ross and Antoine Dufour. But then I also have a soft spot for stuff like Paramore, Damone and even QueenAdreena. And from the avant guarde jazz field Medeski, Martin & Wood

Quote Originally Posted by alljay
    The BellRays (a bit harder, but maybe the best rock voice of recent memory) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmiG0...eature=related
    She definitely has got a good voice but I'll throw in Carrie Akre (from Hammerbox and Goodness) as worthy competition.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush
    Quote Originally Posted by alljay
    She definitely has got a good voice but I'll throw in Carrie Akre (from Hammerbox and Goodness) as worthy competition.

Oh man, Hammerbox. That takes me back. Loved that era! She does have a great voice.

Master

I'm currently going through a stage of listening to The National almost non-stop; I've only just come across them and think they're amazing.

I also have a Josh Homme playlist which includes QOTSA, Desert Sessions, Eagles Of Death Metal and Them Crooked Vultures. The only other non-Genius playlist I have is the set list of Nine Inch Nails when they played the O2 last year.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush
    As a keen guitarist, I tend to listen to other guitarists like Greg Howe, Guthrie Govan and John Petrucci, and if you like your guitar unplugged, Don Ross and Antoine Dufour. But then I also have a soft spot for stuff like Paramore, Damone and even QueenAdreena. And from the avant guarde jazz field Medeski, Martin & Wood
    My current fave acoustic guitarists are Antonio Forcione and Tommy Emmanuel....well worth checking out, even better if you can get to see them live. They both do quite small intimate gigs, but I'd highly recommend them both!

Tommy does some amazing things with his guitar....think if you look on u tube theres some video.