closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko SKX007 - Where can I get one?

Seiko SKX007 - Where can I get one?

Have seen a couple of threads recently regarding Seiko SKX007 watches and I have decided to take the plunge.... great looking watches.

Can anyone advise me where the best place to get one would be in terms of price and service

Cheers

Re: Seiko SKX007 - Where can I get one?

Not aware of anyone that sells them brand new in Europe.

I bought mine from Mr Lee at chronograph.com. Probably not the cheapest option, but he is a well regarded Seiko expert, his service is prompt and reliable and he was also very helpful with information.

+1 for chronograph.com

Does it have to be new?
    A WTB will turn one up pretty quickly I bet............

I was thinking that as well, what do the different letters after the model mean?

SKX007J... means made in Japan. Same movement, spec and case but many believe these to be "better" than the SKX007K. Other letters just refer to the bracelet type I believe. Chronograph.com ship with a rather nice oyster bracelet.

You can get a used SKX007K on NATO for a less than £100 used here or a new one for about £140ish on the original rattly jubilee bracelet from ebay.

I always think half the fun is in the hunt. I've just found a 6309, still looking for an 007, but just watching Sales Corner and Sales on TWF. One will turn up sooner or later in my price range, and I'm sure I'll appreciate it all the more

Watch Sales Corner, it's great fun - race you too it! :lol:

Cheers for info so far!

WTB already up :D

Master

They can be had from Time-Piece. They operate a number of small booths in shopping centres in the North West and I've seen a surprising variety of Seikos on sale in their displays including the Monster in orange and black at sale prices. The do online sales too, see here: http://www.watchesbytimepiece.com/gents ... 2_913.html

Anthony

Journeyman

Ive found Yobokies quite reliable in getting hold of most models at relatively cheap prices.

eBay has plenty of them and you'll find them on Amazon too. You can also get them from Argos sometimes for £300-400.

Craftsman

Rob at monsterwatches.nl sells them with a variety of bracelet options. If I remember correctly, you can get the SKX007 on a super oyster type II bracelet for around £140 from him.

Amazon have got an SKX007K2 on a bracelet for £250 at the moment, see
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seiko-SKX007K2- ... 28&sr=1-79

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by Rumex
    Rob at monsterwatches.nl sells them with a variety of bracelet options. If I remember correctly, you can get the SKX007 on a super oyster type II bracelet for around £140 from him.
    +1 for Rob, that's where I got mine from

Yeap, there used to be tons of those over at Amazon. Don't look just in Amazon Uk, also check the German and Frensh Amazon, sometimes you catch some very nice sales over there.

Good luck with your hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by DaanL
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumex
    +1 for Rob, that's where I got mine from
    and another +1 for Rob at monsterwatches.nl...
    (he's got nice seiko branded lumpys)

Master

I got mine from creation watches, its the J model so i paid a bit more, heres the link:

http://www.creationwatches.com/products ... bafb73adda

Seems they've gone down a bit in price, i paid £131 IIRC. Then an extra $20 shipping and it was with me, fully FED-EXed up, by the monday after ordering it on a thursday AND i could see exactly where it was via fed ex website. Very reassuring!

The 'k' is a bit cheaper, £106 brand new is an absolute steal!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.creationwatches.com/products ... h-784.html

Don't think, do it!!!! 8) 8) 8)

what's the difference between the newer 6309-7049 (?) the non cushion case model and the 007 please?

Can I suggest you have a look at creationwatches.com? Brilliant service, lightning delivery and you'll get a brand new one for about a ton.

In fact, I bought a SKX009 from them about a week ago and it was delivered in four days.

Craftsman
    Glasgow, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly
    Can I suggest you have a look at creationwatches.com? Brilliant service, lightning delivery and you'll get a brand new one for about a ton.

In fact, I bought a SKX009 from them about a week ago and it was delivered in four days.
    Where are creation located?
    Do you run the risk of customs charges?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GuyIncognito

Where are creation located?
    Do you run the risk of customs charges?
    Cheers
    I think it's Singapore but if you opt for FedEx shipping they mark it as a gift and guarantee no shipping charges.

If you want to know more just look them up on the net.

I think it's Singapore but if you opt for FedEx shipping they mark it as a gift and guarantee no shipping charges.
    Are you sure about this? Going with DHL, UPS and the likes is usually the fastest way to get caught by customs. General opinion is that the safest option is the cheapest airmail available because it's channelled with all the regular mail...

Journeyman

If you want to know more just look them up on the net.

I bought a SKA369 from Singapore recently where Fedex were used and the customs invoice came 1 week after the delivery. I would agree that using the cheapest airmail runs the least risk of customs charges..

eBay really is your best option for this. Plenty of choice, reasonable prices, UK delivery and no customs.

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo697
    eBay really is your best option for this. Plenty of choice, reasonable prices, UK delivery and no customs.
    I've bought two from creation watches without a problem. They're also cheaper than eBay.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by jkbdub
    I bought a SKA369 from Singapore recently where Fedex were used and the customs invoice came 1 week after the delivery. I would agree that using the cheapest airmail runs the least risk of customs charges..
    It's a favourite technique of FedEx. The watch arrives with no sign of the fact there is a hefty bill about a week away so you are not tempted to refuse to accept it. Then a nice letter from FedEx saying cough up the cash and we'll have a £10 "handling" fee as well. The last $30 package I got from Singapore and delivered by FedEx cost me an extra £13:65 a week later.

I don't begrudge paying a customs charge, I do begrudge not knowing that there will be one (and thereby losing the option to refuse to accept) and the "handling" charge that they levy.

Quote Originally Posted by IANAN
    Then a nice letter from FedEx saying cough up the cash and we'll have a £10 "handling" fee as well. The last $30 package I got from Singapore and delivered by FedEx cost me an extra £13:65 a week later.
    That's the problem with those specialized post companies... they have a dedicated sector to deal with customs and they will charge you for it, at least here in Portugal. That's also why they stick all the orders through customs check because it's on their interest.

I don't know how that works over there at the UK but here it's outrageous the amount of money they will be charging you... just for handling custom DHL sometimes charges you 60/80 euros!!! That's just for filling a form and getting a stamp but on the bill it looks like brain surgery. And that's an extra after you've already paid for shipment. If you don't pay up, they don't release your order. It's armed robbery I tell you!

I haven't order much from Asia but until now I had 0 problems with regular air mail. Takes about two weeks to get here and it arrives at the country one day and it's on my home the next one.

Craftsman

I've bought two from Pokemonyu. Great price and prompt shipping.

Best,
    Myles

Quote Originally Posted by Selym
    I've bought two from Pokemonyu. Great price and prompt shipping.

Best,
    Myles
    Now you shouldn't have post that... first thing I see once I've clicked is a NY0040 full lume dial... now what?? :drunken:

theres a 009 just popped up on sc for 80 quid
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Cheers, he's PM'd me!

Journeyman

I just got mu 007K from Island Watch - they're based in New York. It was a very reasonable $149 for the rubber strap (the jubilee bracelet looks a bit pants IMHO!):

http://www.longislandwatch.com/Seiko/Se ... ches_1.htm

After that, I popped it onto a Super Oyster bracelet and am totally in love with it. A friend at a wedding, who sports all kinds of Omegas, Breitlings and Rolexes, actually offered to buy it from me there and then!

Good luck with the purchase. Wherever you get it, you won't be disappointed with the watch.

N 28 deg, 31' 18.4902 W80 deg 33' 40.035"

Quote Originally Posted by media_mute
    what's the difference between the newer 6309-7049 (?) the non cushion case model and the 007 please?
    This? the 6309-7290? 50 meters of water resistance and a different movement.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by lysanderxiii
    Quote Originally Posted by media_mute
    This? the 6309-7290? 50 meters of water resistance and a different movement.

The case is different, too. The crown is in a slightly different location. Regarding the 6309-729?, the crystal is held in a rubber gasket with a L-shaped cross section by a snap-fit metal bezel (a.k.a. crystal retaining ring). The SKX007 (and others using the 7S26-002? case) has its crystal press-fit into a hard plastic gasket.

Best,
    Myles

Thanks for the info, I've the older and newer 6309 but no 007 yet

yobokies in HK