closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: rolex sub

Journeyman

rolex sub

Morning guys
    Just turned 40 yesterday and went to belfast with the missus for a bit of a treat.
    Called in to Goldsmiths in Victoria Square to look at watches and got chatting to one of the salesman (Chris) After a bit of chat I found out that they had a few Lv's(7) but only 2 Sub's available and at #4070 for the LV and #3800 for the Sub. Claire then turned to me and said "That zero% deal looks good,why don't you get one?" :shock:
    Well faster than a rat up the proverbial I have one of each ordered for next week and can make up my mind when they arrive!!!!! I was wondering what you people think of the prices? These are not the DSSD cases as Idon't like the look of them, too "ignorant" looking.

A very happy bunny :albino: Eugene

Craftsman

Re: rolex sub

Happy Birthday!

The money isn't so important, in 5 years time you'll have forgotten what you paid, and you'll have a beautiful watch that effectively your missus bought you (let you buy! :) ) to celebrate your 40th.

It may or may not be a great deal, who cares? Celebrate your birthday and wear your watch in good health.

Be warned though, one may not be enough. And what the hell you going to do for your 50th?

Or your 41st?? :shock:

Barry

Master

The prices are expensive but they are what they are...rather than paying full retail have you considered getting from a grey dealer? No interest free credit but can save a least a few hundred quid. Either way the sub is a classic and I'm sure you'll love it.

Craftsman

Hi Eugene, Happy Birthday.

I think you could find an LV a bit cheaper but for the experience, ease of buying, 0 per cent interest etc I think it is ok. You may be able to knock a bit off but not much. Also as it is a 40th present you will be keeping it for a while so what it is worth second hand later on is not important.
    Enjoy the whole experience and don't get bogged down saving a couple of pounds.

Good luck.

Paddy

Master

0%. Do it.
    I did with my DSSD, saved me selling half of my collection to buy it outright :lol:

Journeyman

Hi guys
    Thanks for the wishes. I am in the middle of building a new house and was surprised the the missus went for it! Guess that she wants something for the house as well. Yes it will be a keeper and to be honest it was the 0% that swung it for me/us

Eugene

Master

congrats and happy birthday.

it will not disappoint - you will love either one.
    with the LV, you can alway order a black bezel insert and change it up (cant believe im suggesting this...)

Master
    Haven’t times changed??
    Apologies for ‘bumping’ a thread from over a decade ago but I was just looking to see if this member was still active - apparently not. I had a face-to-face meet and bought his ‘brand new’ Omega 2254.50 in early 2005 for £625, IIRC, as Eddie had recently sold him the last remaining Dreadnought PRS2, which was a low, single digit serial number (3, 4 or 5) and he was flipping the Omega that he had just bought. I still have the 2254.50 which I would think is probably the cleanest one in existence.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...d-thanks-TZ-UK
    Last edited by TomGW; 22nd May 2022 at 17:57.

Master
    Blog Entries
    So they have gone up about 7% per year … that’s well ahead of inflation over that period.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Montello View Post
    So they have gone up about 7% per year … that’s well ahead of inflation over that period.
    And my 2254.50 won’t have lost anything either.

I was actually thinking more about walking into a Rolex AD and being given the choice of a Sub, an LV, or both for that matter, available next week at 0%. Also the comment, “ You may be able to knock a bit off but not much. Also as it is a 40th present you will be keeping it for a while so what it is worth second hand later on is not important,” suggesting that they may depreciate.

Master
    If Goldsmiths in Vic square had the Rolex AD that would have been at least three in NI at that time. Now one. Indeed times have changed.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk