closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Silvermans

Journeyman

Silvermans

I ordered replacement watch hands from Silvermans on the 15/06/2010, as I still have not got them
    I gave them a call yesterday and got a reply of " you will get them when you get them or not at all "

Is this normal for Silvermans ?

David.

Banned

Re: Silvermans

seems a bit rude to me maybe he was having a bad day?

I've given up with Silvermans, I tried to order a new glass and bezel insert for a CWC Navy Diver and the promised to get back to me, I phoned twice more to try and chase it up and still nothing :(
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

I wanted a replacement case back for a CWC chrono (the original got lost) and they refused to supply.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman

It looks like I am not the only one then, I will keep on at them then.

I was starting to think it was me but they have poor customer service.

It just goes to show how good Eddie`s service is.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by djgg
    by djgg on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:29 am
    I ordered replacement watch hands from Silvermans on the 15/06/2010, as I still have not got them
    I gave them a call yesterday and got a reply of " you will get them when you get them or not at all "
    What hand set were you after ? I maybe able to help

Regards

Mark

Journeyman

Mark,

I`m after a set of RN Diver Hands.

If you or any one has a set please let me know.

David

Hi, I do have a set available but they are intended for a project so I will see if I can get another set.

From my experience, I will probably have a bit more luck than you.

Regards

Mark

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by mixienewland
    Hi, I do have a set available but they are intended for a project so I will see if I can get another set.

From my experience, I will probably have a bit more luck than you.

Regards

Mark
    That would be outstanding if you could get hold of a set.

David

Master

I will not deal with Silvermans, as they are overpriced and customer service is not as good as it once was :lol:

The chap to ask for at Silvermans is called Richard, he is the watch "expert"
    You do get the feeling that they are doing you a favour, I ordered some CWC G10 watch glasses and I had to contact a couple of times to get hold of them.

Peter

Tried to order a couple of NATO straps once; the chap that answered the phone was having trouble forming words of more than one syllable. When I asked why the p&p was so high I got transferred to some stroppy, gobby, cockney, slag who said 'there's a standard charge, alright?'. When I said it was not alright, she hung up.

So, bollocks to them - they'll never get a ha'penny of my money.

Grand Master

You need to tell them you are Jewish to guarantee faultless service
    RIAC

Journeyman

:( WOW, that's annoying. Trying to catch up on what's happening at TF and having to ready thru anti-Semitic remarks. Very disappointing.

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by discgolfer
    :( WOW, that's annoying. Trying to catch up on what's happening at TF and having to ready thru anti-Semitic remarks. Very disappointing.
    Anti Semetic?? Silvermans is a Jewish owned business! anti semitic implies a hatred of Jews. Why would mentioning you are Jewish to them imply you hate them!

Its like getting pulled over for speeding and telling them you are a policeman.....It might get you a better service
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey

Its like getting pulled over for speeding and telling them you are a policeman.....It might get you a better service
    Or like Raoul Moat's ex girlfriend telling him her new boyfriend is a copper to get him off her back. :bom:

john
    THIN is the new BLACK

Journeyman

Let me clarify. The stereotype your comment perpetuated was that Jewish people do shady business and only help their own kind. Pardon me if I misread your intent.

Let me clarify. The stereotype your comment perpetuated was that Jewish people do shady business and only help their own kind. Pardon me if I misread your intent.
    +1

Craftsman

anti-Silvermans != anti-semite

Saying that Silvermans will treat you better if you're Jewish is not the same as saying that any Jewish-owned business will treat you better if you're Jewish. It seems you're the one making generalizations, and I resent you calling someone an anti-Semite.

Craftsman

I don't recall anyone accusing Silvermans of being shady. They're being accused of being rude. I don't think this has anything to do with them being Jewish. There are rude people from all backgrounds.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Selym
    I don't recall anyone accusing Silvermans of being shady. They're being accused of being rude. I don't think this has anything to do with them being Jewish. There are rude people from all backgrounds.

It's probably the minority spoiling it for the majority at 'Silvermans',but I think it's wrong to tar all jews with the same brush, they've had enough flack over the years.

I ordered 2 times at Silvermans:

First time: excellent service, nice lady on the phone telling me when to expect the watch

Second time: no orderconfirmation and some bloke telling me: "we'll send it when we're ready" (and then hung up) :shock:

I'm never going to order there again, I don't know how big they are (and don't care), but at least treat a customer with some respect. Appearantly they have enough customers :roll:

I notice that some of their (still live!) ebay listings say that they are out of stock with new stock arriving end of september... how they are allowed to sell something that isn't in stock I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by MADDOG
    Quote Originally Posted by Selym

It's probably the minority spoiling it for the majority at 'Silvermans',but I think it's wrong to tar all jews with the same brush, they've had enough flack over the years.
    This is ******* unacceptable! The edited word is unacceptable on here!!!

It was a poor decision in the first place to even mention religion, and here's evidence of the way the thread is likely to degenerate. I suggest it's pulled, frankly.

I have bought three watches from Silvermans, one model twice !!
    Each time the watch was posted quickly ( recieve next day in fact) and all emails answered.

They chucked in a free Nato with my last purchase and answered my question regarding the quantity of the re edition chrono they sell. 400 apparently.

Have a pic :D

I can only agree with the above - I have dealt with them three times, firstly to buy a 1970s Chrono on which they gave me a £40 discount, a frww military strap and which arrived next day, secondly to enquire about a replacement crystal - the guy was very helpful and told me to try Polywatch first but if no good then he'd order another and thirdly to enquire as to the number of 70s Chronos produced - again very helpful. That's all I can say

I've purchased from Silvermans several times.

I once had to return a 1970s Remake CWC Chrono due to a fault and it was not a problem for Silvermans . They replaced it immediately with another without a single hassle.

All of my dealings with Silvermans over the net have been absolutely 1st Class.

They have even given me discounts and free postage and included an extra strap at various times.

The fellow I've generally dealt with is named Malcolm. He's a good guy in my book.

I have no hesitation in doing business with Silvermans again.

Kind regards

Chris

I have found them very high and mighty and unpleasant to deal with so I would be loathed to buy another CWC. Frankly the support is poor and they act like they are doing you a favour. Not sure why this is but I found them OK in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by djgg

Is this normal for Silvermans ?

David.

I'm getting nervous now, I ordered a GS2000 as a beater and a sleeping bag on Saturday, I wasn't expecting to receive it to Wednesday but I've received no confirmation or anything.

My fears were unfounded! It all arrived today and I further spoke to silvermans today about getting a Tin for my 1984 G10 and their banging one in the post gratis.

I sent 2 email enquiries, regarding a particular watch & have yet to receive any response.
    Makes me wonder if my email got through.

Update
    The email enquiries have since been replied to. Thereafter, replies came quite promptly, so perhaps there was a backlog then.

Their replys to emails are sporadic at best, if you ring and say you want to talk about the watches you seem to always get put on to the same guy, Malcolm I think.

My confirmation email I mentioned came through 2 days after the watch arrived.

I ordered an SBS and never received a confirmation or answer to any of my e-mails...until I e-mailed Malcolm. I found Malcolm from the e-bay listings and he was beyond courteous and answered my questions.

bought twice from the shop, have found them a nice bunch, exchanged a faulty watch no hassle [not their fault]...
    yep they are a little expensive but hey...

Master

Silvermans

BWhile I have never dealt with Silverman's, I recently received a SBS diver in trade and would like to think I could have any future problems sorted. Am I wrong in thinking that Silverman's own CWC?

Quote Originally Posted by dforgrieve
    Am I wrong in thinking that Silverman's own CWC?
    You are right.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Ids
    My fears were unfounded! It all arrived today and I further spoke to silvermans today about getting a Tin for my 1984 G10 and their banging one in the post gratis.
    Mazel tov!
    :wink:

I've had half a dozen CWCs from them over the years. Mechanical and Quartz. Never had any problems at all with the watches or the service. One self induced problem that i had with an auto diver was sorted ot FOC and came back with performance of +1 sec/24hrs consistent. Great watches CWC in my experience.
    One guy there who seemed a bit abrupt initially turned out to be a real character and we had a good laugh about the military etc. Richard, the watch man couldn't be more helpful. So, that's how i've always found them. I'll go back there any time.