closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 91 of 165 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,550 of 8237

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    The day before yesterday, my youngest son bought a Mk I example of this forum's default answer to life, the universe and everything

So as the sun has his hat on, this weekend I have mostly been driving this:

Pic ( and car) courtesy of Goodwood Sportscars
    How did you find Steve to deal with? I reckon I only have 25% success rate in getting a response from him regardless of the form of communication used. Most recently I put in an Ebay bid on one his cars and didn't even get a response to that. (90% of asking, in case anyone suspects it was an insullting lowball.) Given what he is now charging for new imports (£5-6k) I would have expected better service.

I'm sure I've posted about these a while ago, but there is a new addition.

My daily driver and the most perfect car I've ever had. 11 years old now.

Both of these. 1967 Lotus Elan FHC S/E and a 1964 AC Cobra FIA

The newest addition, a 1967 Austin Mini Cooper S Mk1. It's a bit further along now. The engine, gearbox, subframes and suspension are all done. It's ready for paint (retaining almost all of its original metal). We found it in Venezuela and brought it back. It was a race car there, but we're returning it to original, road condition.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    How did you find Steve to deal with? I reckon I only have 25% success rate in getting a response from him regardless of the form of communication used. Most recently I put in an Ebay bid on one his cars and didn't even get a response to that. (90% of asking, in case anyone suspects it was an insullting lowball.) Given what he is now charging for new imports (£5-6k) I would have expected better service.
    Stiglet junior did the deal with Steve himself so I didn't meet him but from what he tells me Steve was very helpful and "went the extra mile" when junior had an issue with the car on the way home.

Steve accepted a "best offer" ( just over 90% IIRC) bid on eBay.. though not instantly.

The car itself was exactly as described in Steve's ad. so no complaints there whatsoever.
    Last edited by stiglet; 6th July 2018 at 14:11. Reason: can't naffing type

'Just taken delivery of my new sunny Sunday and weekend fun Mustang 5.0 GT Convertible.
    Loving this weather:

Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post

Both of these. 1967 Lotus Elan FHC S/E and a 1964 AC Cobra FIA

The newest addition, a 1967 Austin Mini Cooper S Mk1. It's a bit further along now. The engine, gearbox, subframes and suspension are all done. It's ready for paint (retaining almost all of its original metal). We found it in Venezuela and brought it back. It was a race car there, but we're returning it to original, road condition.
    That's quite a collection.

The Mini is coming along nicely, by the looks of it. Any before pictures?

My old man had a Cooper S in the day, he reckons it was the worst car he ever had. I think it must have been his one, though, because another of his cars was a Morris Marina.

The wife's MX5 for a few days in the sunshine...

Not normally so keen on convertibles, but the MX5 is just the job at the moment...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    'Just taken delivery of my new sunny Sunday and weekend fun Mustang 5.0 GT Convertible.
    Loving this weather:

Is that the new/current model? Very nice by the way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Picked this up a day after my 40th birthday. I've wanted one since I was a kid and I just couldn't resist it when this came up for sale! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Is that the new/current model? Very nice by the way!

Yes it's the latest 2018 model in the new for this year Orange Fury tri-coat.
    This is my 5th Mustang and my first RHD. I am very pleased with it.

Craftsman
    Sold my beloved 2014 E63-S yesterday, so am using this until I decide on what my next daily will be.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyl1000 View Post
    I've had this since 2012. Was a daily driver for years and it now has 160k on the clock. It's been detailed by my fair hand a few times over the years now it comes up amazingly well after a 2 hour exterior clean.

...And the car?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    ...And the car?
    Ha! Great spot! Any more pics?

Master
    Nice one Jim.... enjoy👍👍

Master
    Love the orange colour! Spec’d up a hardtop in the orange with black stripe and larger spoiler the other night on the Ford website and it looked really good. Amazing value for money as well. Is your manual or auto?

Apparently the updates/upgrades from the last model make it much better car.

Really tempting as a fun/weekend car!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Love the orange colour! Spec’d up a hardtop in the orange with black stripe and larger spoiler the other night on the Ford website and it looked really good. Amazing value for money as well. Is your manual or auto?

Apparently the updates/upgrades from the last model make it much better car.

Really tempting as a fun/weekend car!

Pretty sure Jim went for the new 10 speed auto....

The new car is a definite step up from my model, and so it should be for +£10k more....

But don’t be to quick to dismiss the outgoing car, especially as Ford are doing some very nice deals to get rid of old stock.

Craftsman
    I recently replaced my Golf R estate for an Up GTI. Whilst the Golf was a great car I found it pretty boring and started looking for something that offered a purer driving experience and something I could ‘tinker’ with in my spare time.

I expressed my interest in this particular model around a year ago and when the order books opened earlier this year, I was the first in line with my dealer of choice.

I wondered if I would miss the sheer power of the Golf but in reality, the GTI puts a smile on my face pretty much every time I drive it. The low weight of the car combined with a great throttle response and surprising amounts of torque makes it a lot of fun on the right roads. My options were the white paint with black roof, climate control and the Beats Audio system which is better than I expected but not quite as good as my Bose system at home. The car is well equipped as standard and I didn’t see the point in buying parking sensors and a rear view camera for a car of this size.

So far, I’ve had the front windows lightly tinted along with a sunstrip, added wind deflectors and a coule of other bits n bobs. Longer-term, I’ll be getting it remapped when more reputable options become available, a set of springs will be fitted to lower the car a little more and I’m toying with the idea of some sort of wrap. For anyone on the *long* waiting list for one of these, hang on in there, I doubt you’ll be disappointed!

Craftsman
    This used to be my daily driver but has now been replaced with a company car so only gets used at the weekends, its not the fastest thing but I've never thought it's not fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Pretty sure Jim went for the new 10 speed auto....

The new car is a definite step up from my model, and so it should be for +£10k more....

But don’t be to quick to dismiss the outgoing car, especially as Ford are doing some very nice deals to get rid of old stock.
    Yes I ordered the new 10 speed auto. I love it.
    My last Mustang was a 2012 Boss 302 I owned for over 5 years. This was a 6 speed manual and lots of fun, but the new 2018 A10 is fantastic.

Recently moved into a Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 240PS Diesel R-Sport.
    Horrendous thing. cannot wait to change.

Master
    Who needs door when it is this hot......

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins101 View Post
    That's a great photo.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    That's quite a collection.

The Mini is coming along nicely, by the looks of it. Any before pictures?

My old man had a Cooper S in the day, he reckons it was the worst car he ever had. I think it must have been his one, though, because another of his cars was a Morris Marina.
    I guess it really comes down to what you expect from a car. They are certainly not great in the modern context and build quality (and the steering wheel is so upright, it's like a lorry), but are amazingly fun and agile. Nothing quite compares to a well sorted Mini on some nice B roads.

This was taken in Venezuela just after we bought it. The slats in the bonnet and wings are gone now. We considered keeping them as a part of its history, but they are completely unnecessary and would just invite rust.

Nice one Jim!

I guess it really comes down to what you expect from a car. They are certainly not great in the modern context and build quality (and the steering wheel is so upright, it's like a lorry), but are amazingly fun and agile. Nothing quite compares to a well sorted Mini on some nice B roads.

This was taken in Venezuela just after we bought it. The slats in the bonnet and wings are gone now. We considered keeping them as a part of its history, but they are completely unnecessary and would just invite rust.
    He's had a lot of midgets (currently getting one prepped with full inboard suspenstion at the front, not sure what the engine will be) so it's not that he doesn't like 60s or 70s BMC quality :)

Almost a pity to restore that. It looked great as it was, but a well restored mini is a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    I recently replaced my Golf R estate for an Up GTI. Whilst the Golf was a great car I found it pretty boring and started looking for something that offered a purer driving experience and something I could ‘tinker’ with in my spare time.

I expressed my interest in this particular model around a year ago and when the order books opened earlier this year, I was the first in line with my dealer of choice.

I wondered if I would miss the sheer power of the Golf but in reality, the GTI puts a smile on my face pretty much every time I drive it. The low weight of the car combined with a great throttle response and surprising amounts of torque makes it a lot of fun on the right roads. My options were the white paint with black roof, climate control and the Beats Audio system which is better than I expected but not quite as good as my Bose system at home. The car is well equipped as standard and I didn’t see the point in buying parking sensors and a rear view camera for a car of this size.

So far, I’ve had the front windows lightly tinted along with a sunstrip, added wind deflectors and a coule of other bits n bobs. Longer-term, I’ll be getting it remapped when more reputable options become available, a set of springs will be fitted to lower the car a little more and I’m toying with the idea of some sort of wrap. For anyone on the *long* waiting list for one of these, hang on in there, I doubt you’ll be disappointed!

Wicked. Ordered mine mid March, Can't wait !

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Recently moved into a Jaguar F-Pace 2.0 240PS Diesel R-Sport.
    Horrendous thing. cannot wait to change.
    What makes it so bad?

Quote Originally Posted by dickdutch View Post
    What makes it so bad?
    The engine at a guess ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doc View Post
    Wicked. Ordered mine mid March, Can't wait !
    Brilliant! I look forward to the obligatory pics! Hopefully you won’t have too long to wait. It seems that customers are getting their cars earlier, regardless of what the tracker states so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by dickdutch View Post
    What makes it so bad?
    In the right spec, it is a good looking car but
    Engine is very noisy low down but ok at cruising speeds (better nearer 3 figures).
    Infotainment is poor and very slow to react.
    Materials and build is a long way from german peers (VW is far better).
    Feels unsubstantial when closing doors etc.
    Small things like parcel shelf gap between rear seats to when shelf starts and flimsy materials aggravate me.
    For a £54k car, competing against X3, Q5 etc. it should be better.

Meant to post a while back about these two. An early 99 3.4 996 C2 911 that is very pampered without sunroof and manual

Then the other extreme it but oh so fun a non rusty ford puma, if you know anything about pumas then you will know that most are rusting away at a great rate. Huge fun to drive, in some ways more fun the 996

Hoping to keep them both long term

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Hi guys

I’ve just joined the forum so apologies if you’ve already seen these in my intro message.

My daily driver is a Fiesta ST180 the weekend toy is a Mk1 MX5 which is looking pretty sharp in its old age!

Got a new Volvo XC60 T5 coming tomorrow too and I recently departed with my Lotus Excel 2.2 having worked on it as a project for a year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    Meant to post a while back about these two. An early 99 3.4 996 C2 911 that is very pampered without sunroof and manual

Then the other extreme it but oh so fun a non rusty ford puma, if you know anything about pumas then you will know that most are rusting away at a great rate. Huge fun to drive, in some ways more fun the 996

I’ve always fancied picking up a Puma. They are still mega cheap but I wonder for how long?

Quote Originally Posted by DazBock View Post
    I’ve always fancied picking up a Puma. They are still mega cheap but I wonder for how long?
    Racing Pumas aren't cheap, unfortunately.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...esearchad=Used

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Racing Pumas aren't cheap, unfortunately.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...esearchad=Used
    No I’ve noticed. Are they really good enough to demand such a price tag over a normal 1.7 though?

Craftsman
    Very nice. You can’t beat the old ones, especially if they’re a bit special. Going back a few years now I turned this:

Into this:

Anyone interested can see the full reso pictures here: https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=21883866

Fantastic! Do you still have it?

Picked this up a few weeks ago. I dreamt about a 911 since I was a kid so thought I might as well treat myself in my 40th year! Apologies for the quick car park picture!

This also came back this week. I purchased this Land Rover on here a while back as a “cheap” gift for my dad! About 15 months later and after a total rebuild costing a fair few thousand and including a whole new chassis it is back and hopefully being used regularly by my dad and his dog!

Journeyman
    Just took delivery of the new family wagon. Pretty cool actually.

Lovely. I ordered the exact same model but due to the switch to MY19 and apparent delays (needed one in August) I swapped to an XC40. The 60 is a far better looker though IMO

Are they really good enough to demand such a price tag over a normal 1.7 though?

Not much between them performance-wise.

Depends if you want to pay for the looks/exclusivity of the FRP.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post

I like your style. I've always liked the 996 Carrera, and don't see the point of a sunroof in sports cars. I've actually thought about selling my old Healey and reinvesting some money into a 996 C2 but am slightly put off by running costs (the Healey costs virtually nothing to run!), although I do know a good Porsche mechanic.
    "A man of little significance"

Journeyman
    Yes there is quite a delay I hear. Think I was lucky to order it when I did. The XC40 is a cool looking thing actually. Do love this though can’t believe Apple Car Play was a silly expensive option.

Yes there is quite a delay I hear. Think I was lucky to order it when I did. The XC40 is a cool looking thing actually. Do love this though can’t believe Apple Car Play was a silly expensive option.

I got Bells Volvo in Northampton to include it in the price. As a lot of car manufacturers include it for free these days. I think they wanted £300 for it. I said no chance on a £48K car will have include in the price please.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    I got Bells Volvo in Northampton to include it in the price. As a lot of car manufacturers include it for free these days. I think they wanted £300 for it. I said no chance on a £48K car will have include in the price please.
    Then I am quite the fool! I’m pretty sure it was even more money on the Volvo. Thankfully the Volvo infotainment is pretty good so shouldn’t miss it

Then I am quite the fool! I’m pretty sure it was even more money on the Volvo. Thankfully the Volvo infotainment is pretty good so shouldn’t miss it

To be honest Daz you are right. I had thought it would be used all the time however one of the restrictions with car play is it has to be plugged into the phone which I rarely. Like you say the Volvo system is so good I use that instead. How are you getting on with Volvo pilot assist? I find it very useful with my daily commute, and helps with fuel economy!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    To be honest Daz you are right. I had thought it would be used all the time however one of the restrictions with car play is it has to be plugged into the phone which I rarely. Like you say the Volvo system is so good I use that instead. How are you getting on with Volvo pilot assist? I find it very useful with my daily commute, and helps with fuel economy!
    Find it very odd to be honest particularly the lane keeping it’s quite unnerving when it steers you back on track!

These are lovely - volvo produce some fantastically engineeered machines with great interiors.

Might be a polestar for me next!

Sent from my SM-G950F using TZ-UK mobile app

Not quite as well presented as many of the others, but this has seen a lot of use recently with the good weather:

Doesn't look like much, but its surprisingly rot-free for its age and an absolute blast to drive.

Hi guys

I’ve just joined the forum so apologies if you’ve already seen these in my intro message.

My daily driver is a Fiesta ST180 the weekend toy is a Mk1 MX5 which is looking pretty sharp in its old age!

Are you on the Nutz forum by any chance? Pretty sure I've seen it somewhere before.