closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 90 of 165 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,500 of 8237

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    I kept looking at the CLS shooting brake but ended up being boring as usual!

Eddie
    Looking at the exact model 2011 250 with 90000km fully loaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Six months in and still beaming from ear to ear.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Both new to me but both a fair few years old, but for me I’d rather spend what I can afford on a relatively nice old car than have an 18 plate supermini or small hatch on the drive for similar money. Plus I have an aversion to finance for some obscure reason.

I’m really liking the Z4 23i and Q5 TFSI.

Z4 - very nice; convertible when you want, snug and warm when it's raining; excellent choice!

Quote Originally Posted by LorneG View Post
    Z4 - very nice; convertible when you want, snug and warm when it's raining; excellent choice!
    Thanks, my thoughts exactly; fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Very nice - I've always liked the CLS. (Much more respectable than your previous drug dealer RRS! )
    Nothing wrong with an RRS :P

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Both new to me but both a fair few years old, but for me I’d rather spend what I can afford on a relatively nice old car than have an 18 plate supermini or small hatch on the drive for similar money.
    Value for money right there. The Z4 is catching my eye recently as I start to ponder what sports car as a second car when we've finished teaching teenagers how to drive! Not for a while yet but planning is part of the fun...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Value for money right there. The Z4 is catching my eye recently as I start to ponder what sports car as a second car when we've finished teaching teenagers how to drive! Not for a while yet but planning is part of the fun...
    You can teach teenagers to drive in a sports car. It's actually quite a good thing to do as the smallness of the car and firmness of controls, suspension etc is very useful. Having a bit more power also gives them an understanding of caution at all times and no-need to play boy-racer as all your friends know they wouldn't win. ANother advantage is that they can't load the car with heaps of other teenagers who will urge them on to be a dick.

Overall, I'm thinking a secondhand Z4 might be my ideal next car.

Many, many years ago (just over 25 years!) I taught my wife to drive in my 911. Non-power steering, hard suspension, pedals that came out of the floor and rear wheel arches that you needed to bear in mind were wider than the front of the car. She passed first time. 911 with L plates on it was quite fun as well! Only downside was that she's insisted on nothing less than a couple of hundred horsepower ever since (TT was 180 but I pretended it was 225)
    Last edited by LorneG; 6th June 2018 at 09:06.

Been enjoying the past week and a half with the new addition to what seems to be joining an ever growing fleet

Abarth 595 Competizione, 180bhp in a nice lightweight city friendly package...

Last edited by endo; 13th June 2018 at 14:02.

Quote Originally Posted by P ELLIS View Post
    Just in the midst of getting a new focus rs for pottering about in as well as the vans and classic cars
    Good man

should be getting this on Saturday,can’t wait

I drive this beast.

Last edited by inspector gadget; 7th June 2018 at 17:03. Reason: resize pic

Bought this when I found we were having twins. Owned it longer than any other car, and it's the car my son eventually came home from hospital in. Nothing special, but it will be missed!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Been enjoying the past week and a half with the new addition to what seems to be joining an ever growing fleet

Abarth 595 Competizione, 180bhp in a nice lightweight city friendly package...

I travelled from Glasgow to Portsmouth and back for a new Competizione back in 2014. Unfortunately, I didn’t test drive it beforehand and whilst the car itself was huge fun, the driving position was dreadful. The Sabelts were very hard and didn’t adjust for height. Combined with the lack of reach adjustment on the wheel, I just couldn’t live with it and had to sell. It sounded immense and surprised a few more powerful cars and I was sad to see it go. Driving down south in the early hours of tomorrow morning to chop my current Golf R in for a new Up GTI...excited!

Master
    Picking up 124 Abarth today.

Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    I travelled from Glasgow to Portsmouth and back for a new Competizione back in 2014. Unfortunately, I didn’t test drive it beforehand and whilst the car itself was huge fun, the driving position was dreadful. The Sabelts were very hard and didn’t adjust for height. Combined with the lack of reach adjustment on the wheel, I just couldn’t live with it and had to sell. It sounded immense and surprised a few more powerful cars and I was sad to see it go. Driving down south in the early hours of tomorrow morning to chop my current Golf R in for a new Up GTI...excited!
    How come th R is going for the GTI?

Soon to be this, a Subaru Legacy STi S402:

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post

As a Spec B driver I’m very jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    I have to agree with you about the retarded driving position,
    -The pedals aren't really optimally placed and could do with being shifted at least and inch to the right, and maybe slightly lower. (but probably a design restriction due to the wheel arch and RHD)
    -Since you sit higher up, I find the massive rear view mirror obscures a large portion of my forward view.
    -The lack of forward/aft steering adjustment isn't great, it is tiring to drive around arms stretched out.
    -I have to wear Vans to drive (although i'm considering racing booties), since the pedals don't lend themselves to trainers, anything wide or anything with a heel, and a couple of times I've found my foot getting caught on dash underside when coming off the clutch.

Not superfussed about the hardness of the Sabelts, they're not as comfy as the GT-Rs bucket seats, but not the worse seats i've sat in.
    It is hilarious how you need to open the door to use the seat adjuster though. I am going to get the sabelt lowering kit and see if that helps a bit with the driving position, hopefully it does.

Upside
    -for daily driving i can forgive its short comings as it easy to park in the few places available in the city, and it nips about like a rabid chihuahua.
    -It can loose that 35is in the twisties :D, not sure about the skyboat though.
    -it sounds great for a 4 cyl. (admittedly its a bit childish sometimes)
    -loads cheaper to run an insure than than the other cars!
    -It doesn't rattle like the BMW, and strangely quiet when cruising on the motorway.

Seat leon fr. First auto, its taking a bit of getting used to!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WarrenVrs; 18th June 2018 at 14:27.

Master
    The day before yesterday, my youngest son bought a Mk I example of this forum's default answer to life, the universe and everything

So as the sun has his hat on, this weekend I have mostly been driving this:

Pic ( and car) courtesy of Goodwood Sportscars

Three weeks old and enjoying this at the moment.

Via Torque GT?

Photos look a little like their setup.

spot on, I personally imported it, they are handling the rest for me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Big View Post
    Three weeks old and enjoying this at the moment.

Great car and looks lovely in Eclipse Orange .

I opted for "Mystery" blue which I'm happy with after so many grey metallics over the years. I had a Golf GTD before which I was more than happy with but the performance on offer here is on another level. Bags of torque in any gear and 3 months in every time I drive it it's still an "occasion".Pretty scarce on the road too compared to the countless GTD's and Golf R's I see every day.

Cheers
    Neil

I drive an 08 Lexus GS300 in Winchester Blue with the upgraded Mark Levinson Sound System. It affords me the opportunity to listen to my CD music and radio concerts with a simply breathtaking soundstage. Also plays tape cassettes too!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    Great car and looks lovely in Eclipse Orange .

I opted for "Mystery" blue which I'm happy with after so many grey metallics over the years. I had a Golf GTD before which I was more than happy with but the performance on offer here is on another level. Bags of torque in any gear and 3 months in every time I drive it it's still an "occasion".Pretty scarce on the road too compared to the countless GTD's and Golf R's I see every day.

Cheers
    Neil
    Mystery Blue was the second choice. Much like you, I wanted something different after the silvers and greys.

Performance is spot on and the virtual dash is an added bonus.

spot on, I personally imported it, they are handling the rest for me.
    Interesting. I found them decent to deal with; I hope you do as well.

Lovely Subaru.

They are excellent to deal with, this is our second JDM import and they have been thoroughly professional and helpful both times.

Just bought this, 2007, 70k, decent service history, few small things need fixing, not much over £10k. I was looking at 911s, but at this price I was taken in. The same age of 911 would have been £25k at least. Maybe that would have been worth it, but not to me.

Only bad thing is that, for the longer legged, there's not a lot of room for the left knee because the steering wheel is enormous.

But I'm enjoying it. My first Porsche, glad to see there is a lot of Porsche owner waving :) Haven't really had that since I had a '65 VW.

Latest addition to the family.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Latest addition to the family.

Eddie
    Now that is fun. And amazingly capable off road too.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Got this to run around in for a while whilst one of mine is in for major bodywork surgery - a new Fiesta ST-Line. It won't win any traffic-light Grand Prix however once it's moving it's very entertaining indeed, it has a lovely B-road flow to it and is dead comfortable as well. For when I'm not B-road blasting the stereo is great and the A/C even better, a must when both the exterior and interior are black!

I've had this since 2012. Was a daily driver for years and it now has 160k on the clock. Now it's a second car but still love it. It's been detailed by my fair hand a few times over the years now it comes up amazingly well after a 2 hour exterior clean.

Quote Originally Posted by sammyl1000 View Post
    I've had this since 2012. Was a daily driver for years and it now has 160k on the clock. Now it's a second car but still love it. It's been detailed by my fair hand a few times over the years now it comes up amazingly well after a 2 hour exterior clean.
    Love these! Petrol or diesel? I’m hoping your going to say 330 petrol and manual! Joking aside there all good

Quote Originally Posted by Gullers View Post
    Love these! Petrol or diesel? I’m hoping your going to say 330 petrol and manual! Joking aside there all good
    Actually it's a 320d!!! A bit slow but handles nicely. It's a manual. Recent gearbox oil change makes it feel like a brand new car. To be honest not much original running gear now. I think I have changed nearly everything.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post

Just bought this, 2007, 70k, decent service history, few small things need fixing, not much over £10k. I was looking at 911s, but at this price I was taken in. The same age of 911 would have been £25k at least. Maybe that would have been worth it, but not to me.

Only bad thing is that, for the longer legged, there's not a lot of room for the left knee because the steering wheel is enormous.

But I'm enjoying it. My first Porsche, glad to see there is a lot of Porsche owner waving :) Haven't really had that since I had a '65 VW.
    Looks lovely.
    Can we see a few more pictures please?

https://s8.postimg.cc/djg6ovxs5/A923...25_A471021.png

Just testing an image hosting service with a picture of my Lexus.

Quote Originally Posted by MintG View Post
    I drive an 08 Lexus GS300 in Winchester Blue with the upgraded Mark Levinson Sound System. It affords me the opportunity to listen to my CD music and radio concerts with a simply breathtaking soundstage. Also plays tape cassettes too!

I also had one of these! Excellent car for comfortable wafty driving. Not bad MPG at 30-35 on a run either. Had to sell my on after an expensive gearbox failure. My father still owns one, be went out and bought one after driving mine.

Craftsman
    BMW M5, possibly going to change, but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it!

This and the 987 Boxster are just incredible value for money. A lot of sports car. Fantastic sound and drive.

.... and it got keyed at the weekend. :( Very small, 5 or 6 inches, but still.

I can’t quite believe that people still do this! I had one of my cars keyed many, many years ago. Saturday, sunny lunch time when some yoofs decided to scratch it all along its length. Was a company car but it still hurt

Craftsman
    981 Cayman now gone and replaced with a 911 Carrera S.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    981 Cayman now gone and replaced with a 911 Carrera S.
    Very nice. Is there a big difference in the handling?

Blog Entries
    My Jag got keyed at 4 days old. However you've still got a Porsche and I've still got a Jag, they've just got jealousy!

ook

Master
    Sorry to bleat on about my motor but i was so pleased that it went through the MOT with no issues. Couldnt believe my luck.

I swear MOTs are the most stressful thing I endure. I am a bomb disposal engineer and have worked all over the place and have been in many dangerous situations and none of them worry me like an MOT!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Sorry to bleat on about my motor but i was so pleased that it went through the MOT with no issues.
    I think that there are plenty of us here who'd forgive you for your bleating!

A proper motorcar that, you bleat away And congrats on the MOT.

What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I swear MOTs are the most stressful thing I endure. I am a bomb disposal engineer and have worked all over the place and have been in many dangerous situations and none of them worry me like an MOT!
    Well first of all thank you for what you do.
    Secondly I would like to nominate your post to Tz-UK HoF

Oh! And of course, with that car you can bleat all you want
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.