closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 71 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,550 of 8240

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Happy Christmas to me!

had this beast delivered today, what a monster!

Nice! Let me tell you how I know exactly how.

I was looking at changing to an Audi A6 and wanted to see if the Avant version was ok to drive. I asked the guys at the dealer if I could test drive one but they only had a saloon. Then the guy talks to his manager and says that they do have an estate but it's a much more powerful version, but I could drive it anyway to get a feel for the size. It was of course an RS6.

So anyway I sit in the thing (very similar inside to the A6 I did get in the end). That's where the similarities ended however as I pressed the start button and an almighty racket ensued. Anyway we took it from the dealer (Wimbledon Audi) all the way down the A3, felt a bit edgy but nothing mental at this stage and eventually onto the M3 motorway at which point I floored it, and basically what then happened must be the feeling people get in Sci fi films when the space ships enter warp speed as I was sucked back into the seat and within what seemed like no time whatsoever we were doing a speed that I shan't repeat on here for fear of getting into trouble.

The best way to sum up the performance was 'brutal'. Way more powerful than the feeling I've had in any 911. Just evil in a brilliant way. I was looking at one for the missus for the school run as they are so practical but as she doesn't have a UK licence yet (although has an overseas one from Thailand where she drove a 7 series) I'm sure they would batter her on the insurance.

Enjoy!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AshUK View Post
    [/URL][/IMG]
    ^^^ Oh that Mustang does look good.

E36 M3 3.0 whenever I visit home.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gerasimos33 View Post
    E36 M3 3.0 whenever I visit home.

Like that! metallic green? Is it the later limited edition?

This was mine, I sold it a few years ago when I got made redundant and the running costs were too much for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by dizz View Post
    Like that! metallic green? Is it the later limited edition?

This was mine, I sold it a few years ago when I got made redundant and the running costs were too much for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I like that red one! I never thought of the running costs, my dad pays lol! It's his car basically, I only go to Cyprus one month per year (Christmas and summer combined) and even then I don't drive it everyday. It's suspension is low and stiff, which makes it a pain for finding a parking spot. I enjoy it nonetheless.

The colour is not an original one; the colour is Boston green metallic and this car was originally a 318is or 320i if I am not mistaken. The original M3 we had was black but I totalled that one. Never give such a car to a 18 yo. Lesson learnt. It's not the fastest car in the world, but it's fast enough to put you in trouble. We took the engine and what else survived and built another one. Of course the chassis was re-enforced to the M3 spec, and everything else including suspension, breaks etc. are for the M3.

Here is another dirty picture I took today.
    Last edited by gerasimos33; 29th December 2016 at 14:03.

Boston Green wasn't a very popular colour but I was always a big fan - here's my old M Roadster back in about 2004 in the same colour

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gerasimos33 View Post
    The original M3 we had was black but I totalled that one. Never give such a car to a 18 yo. Lesson learnt.
    Bloody hell im not surprised you crashed it, I've had over 30 years experience driving sports cars and hot hatches and I found it a bit of a handful at times

Craftsman
    The Tube #londoncommuter

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Boston Green wasn't a very popular colour but I was always a big fan - here's my old M Roadster back in about 2004 in the same colour

I wasn't so thrilled with Boston Green at the time but my father wasn't that interested to listen what I had to say! Needless to say, I love the colour now.

Quote Originally Posted by dizz View Post
    Bloody hell im not surprised you crashed it, I've had over 30 years experience driving sports cars and hot hatches and I found it a bit of a handful at times
    Yeah, thinking back I am not surprised either. It was a matter of time really. To my dad's defence, at the time I was secretly taking the car when he was out working. I am 26 now, but way more mature (I think ) when driving.

Master
    Well if we're showing off our (self) Christmas Pressies then...

Still got to break the news to SWMBO :-)

Delivery next Tuesday so I've got a week to prepare the way for it's arrival. ;-)

Happy Christmas to me!

What is it? (I can see it's an Audi RS something or other... )

Still driving my 90K miles Mazda RX8 - Maybe this year I will finally get something more practical?

M.

Master
    That'll be an Audi RS6.

They are insanely fast. My friend has one with a stage 1 APR map and when he floors it it's properly terrifying.

Craftsman
    Golf R estate here. Awesome car but I tend to get bored very quickly and usually change every 12-18 months. Not sure what I'd replace the R with at this price point though as it pretty much exceeds my requirements. I have a few non-conventional car 'itches' though and wouldn't mind trying out a Mini JCW, Brabus Smart or an electric Zoe next!

Craftsman
    Mercedes CLA 250 4Matic.

Great car all round

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    Well if we're showing off our (self) Christmas Pressies then...

Still got to break the news to SWMBO :-)

Delivery next Tuesday so I've got a week to prepare the way for it's arrival. ;-)
    Ha ha! Great choice, Steve. I'm a little surprised as I thought you were set on the Abarth. Which engine/gearbox combo did you go for?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    Ha ha! Great choice, Steve. I'm a little surprised as I thought you were set on the Abarth. Which engine/gearbox combo did you go for?
    Yes well I decided that if you're going to get a car to show off (and let's face it that's part of owning a sports car) then a Porsche has got, IMHO, a lot more street cred than an Abarth (FIAT). Plus I reckon any bloke that considers himself a 'petrol head' should at some stage get a Porsche and, at my age, if you're going to do it then time's running out :-(

Okay the Porsche was 5 grand more (3 years old approved) but all in, over 3year/15K miles, I reckon it probably won't be a lot more to run than the Abarth - okay I'm probably kidding my self there! ;-)

Went for a 981 2.7/PDK. I decided the 'S' was going a bit too hard core and the extra 6-8K wasn't worth it. Plus I promised myself my next sports car would be 'flappy paddle'. It's going to take some getting used to driving an auto though; in forty years driving I've never had an auto.

Also SWMBO loves it as well so no under breath mumbles about spending 30+K plus she loves sitting in it so when we go out I don't have to fight to take the sports car - it was like pulling hens teeth to get her in the Lotus which meant that the Lotus was often left in the garage. I'm actually trying to get her to drive it but she's not keen.

On the moaning side I was promised immaculate body work which would be polished and waxed before delivery. It wasn't so this weekend is serious polish/wax time.

Proper man maths at work here, congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by mjrennie View Post
    I've been driving this for 6 months now. It's had the run-in service and is one capable car. Just thought I'd share:

This would be my choice, great car, best colour. Very jealous

Been driving BMW 3 series for 9 years now, best cars I have had.

However...the new Passat R line is taking my fancy at the moment, the 190BHP DSG

Anybody have one that can comment on how it is to live with?

Quote Originally Posted by Walesy View Post
    Anybody have one that can comment on how it is to live with?
    I have the same engine and box in it's brother-from-another-mother Superb. 4x4 though. I think as a real-world all rounder it's excellent - pulls well, decent economy and refined.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    I have the same engine and box in it's brother-from-another-mother Superb. 4x4 though. I think as a real-world all rounder it's excellent - pulls well, decent economy and refined.
    Yeah I really fancy one, I was initially looking at the 240BHP biturbo model, but trying to get one its like hens teeth.

I am going to wait and see, need to make the decision, mine has only done 43k miles or so, I am not desperate to get rid

Journeyman

What do you drive?

Mines a 335i touring. Great all rounder but could do with livening a little more.

On a day like today, these cars are the best in the world...

(Normally the school car park is rammed!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    On a day like today, these cars are the best in the world...

(Normally the school car park is rammed!)
    What, half an inch of snow. I can get our Vauxhall Agila through that.

Happy Christmas to me!

Very , very nice !!!!...........and Sepang on the RS6 looks lovely.

Well done Sir.

I've test drove these a few times on the Audi "RS" days out ........docile one minute , absolute flying machine the next.

Still felt incredibly safe though , even when I got it above 140

And yet so practical as well....brilliant car ( sadly out of my price range)

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    What, half an inch of snow. I can get our Vauxhall Agila through that.
    The school is at the top of a hill - that's the tricky part!

The school is at the top of a hill - that's the tricky part!
    That makes sense.

I wrongly assumed it was becuase all the parents drove beemers.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    That makes sense.

I wrongly assumed it was becuase all the parents drove beemers.
    I did see a surprisingly amusing low speed crash involving a new Audi Q7 on massive rims...using a Daewoo Matiz as a way of stopping. Several times.

Banned

The guy in a Mercedes GLC AMG 45 fancied a bit of fun at the lights today, I think he maybe be wanting to take it back, although all that grunt from the exhaust popping and the car bouncing and twerking as he pulled away from the lights, this big fat bloke in a executive car slipped it into dynamic drive, we actually kept up with him.

Myself the wife and kids were all laughing. 

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    The guy in a Mercedes GLC AMG 45 fancied a bit of fun at the lights today, I think he maybe be wanting to take it back, although all that grunt from the exhaust popping and the car bouncing and twerking as he pulled away from the lights, this big fat bloke in a executive car slipped it into dynamic drive, we actually kept up with him.

Myself the wife and kids were all laughing. 
    There were very few cars that made it to the top of the school hill in the snow today. One was an Audi w12 A8 - whilst not being your exact car I genuinely did think of you mate!

I love how my Subaru is 11 years old, looks like a normal saloon, yet can spank boy racers silly.

Banned
    There were very few cars that made it to the top of the school hill in the snow today. One was an Audi w12 A8 - whilst not being your exact car I genuinely did think of you mate!

I love how my Subaru is 11 years old, looks like a normal saloon, yet can spank boy racers silly.

It only needs a little snow to stop the show.

I did wonder what all the popping was?, is it a dump valve or something sounded a bit evil.

It only needs a little snow to stop the show.

I did wonder what all the popping was?, is it a dump valve or something sounded a bit evil.
    Probably; it's only a two litre, four pot engine after all!

Craftsman
    I drive a very sedate 2012 Passat 170 sport dsg. Very comfortable and the interior is the best part of the car.
    I do have a 1990 golf, with a 2.1 20v turbo with a BT conversion that's all set to go. Just after a new set of front calipers and possibly some new Coilovers for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Probably; it's only a two litre, four pot engine after all!

No, I've had a few Mercs I can spot a lookalike , it was a 66 plate quad exhaust with all the lettering, a throaty sound with a crackle POP at gear change.

Maybe they make their engines out of rice crispy boxes.

this one.

http://www.caricos.com/cars/m/merced...x1440/14.html?

No, I've had a few Mercs I can spot a lookalike , it was a 66 plate quad exhaust with all the lettering, a throaty sound with a crackle POP at gear change.

Maybe they make their engines out of rice crispy boxes.

this one.

http://www.caricos.com/cars/m/merced...x1440/14.html?
    The GLC43 is a twin turbo v6 and shouldn't be that crackly, are you sure it wasn't the 4 pot GLA45?

Performance wise to 60mph, they're both pretty similar to an S8
    Last edited by Alex L; 14th January 2017 at 10:31.

Banned
    It was the AMG version quad exhaust 4.3 exactly like the photo, I know I put 45 in original post but that was a typo.

I test drove the ML 55 AMG once and I was rather sorry I did, talk about slow.

It was the AMG version quad exhaust 4.3 exactly like the photo, I know I put 45 in original post but that was a typo.

I test drove the ML 55 AMG once and I was rather sorry I did, talk about slow.
    Ah OK. The AMG numbering is getting confusing these days, the 43 is actually a 3 litre twin turbo petrol.

The ML55 was quite quick for its time, but not by today's standards - something like 345bhp if I recall.

Banned
    I read they are bringing out the GLC AMG 63, modern car manufacturing needs to be pushing this size of engine to make a difference out there in the real world ��
    Last edited by Fords; 14th January 2017 at 20:29.

I read they are bringing out the GLC AMG 63, modern car manufacturing needs to be pushing this size of engine to make a difference out there in the real world 
    I've seen the spy shots (not the coupe model), could be a suitable replacement for the other half's C63 estate.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Got this just before Christmas. It looks completely over the top - but I love it!

ATB

Jon

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    I read they are bringing out the GLC AMG 63, modern car manufacturing needs to be pushing this size of engine to make a difference out there in the real world 
    "63" doesn't mean it's 6.3 any more than "43" means 4.3.

A 180 is a 1.6 petrol or 1.5 diesel on a class.

A 200/220/250 is a 2.1 on all the c classes.

All the nomenclature means is the higher the number the more power it has!

On a C63 the engine is a 4.0 V8 biturbo btw!

But the G63 is a 6.2 V8.

Confused? You will be!

The S63 has a completely different 5 liter v8 biturbo!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

But the G63 is a 6.2 V8.
    That's now a bi-turbo 5.5 too isn't it?

C200 is actually a 1.6 Rick. In diesel anyway, I'm not 100% sure with the petrol.

My LS430 is a 4.3

My Fiesta Popular Plus was a 950, beat that.

Keepin it real with a 2004 bulletproof Mondeo, the ashtray on wheels that is the 2000 Ford Ranger supercab & a classic Mini for sunny Sundays🤡

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well nothing too flash, but just picked up my new Van on Monday, just under 3 years old with 30,000 on the clock, ex hire that is spotless, this will be an addition to the Berlingo, and used for nipping about London to little jobs, I have to say its not a bad little drive, very nippy.

Enterprise model with bluetooth, air con, electric windows etc.

ply lining is ordered, and shelving will be custom built by myself over the next week or so.

Last edited by soundood; 19th January 2017 at 01:35.

Journeyman
    Rolex hulk - no car

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    TSMDSC00001.JPGThe new BMW G30 5 series. This one is the 530D X Drive, with 20 inch wheels

^ not a fan of the styling but love the technology, wish they'd do something the same but in a bigger saloon shape.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk