closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 165 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you drive?

Re: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall
    were they not all green?i know david's looks black but i always thought that they only came in the very,very dark 'imperial' green :?

cheers,mick
    Yup well done, Imperial Green (colour code 36L for the anoraks!) it is - they all are - does look almost black in dark weather, or at night.

Seem to recall a couple of the prototypes were silver (later dismantled/destroyed), and claims that a couple production ones were too, but I believe that was shown to be porky pies :)

Had it out for a wee spin today, need to get it a full medical before giving the full beans. Seems to be in rude health :D

Master

Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM
    Lovely Benny - Good investment IMO always been tempted to buy an E30 M3.
    I doubt I'll lose any money on it. Just wish I'd bought one five years ago, with an Integrale and a 964 RS :D

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    My latest retro toy :D

Back in the early 90's I worked for Chartered Trust (part of Standard Chartered Bank) and I recall arranging HP on one of these beasts for the owner of a large chain of Hi-Fi shops in the West Country. His was the dark green (mallard I think it was). As we financed over £30k it meant I had to do a vehicle inspection which included a test drive :wink: :D

I think I was driving a Gutmann tuned Peugeot 309 GTi which I thought was quick, until I had a blast around the block in this bad boy :D A fantastic beast of a car that's brought back a lot of good memories. Yours looks a mint one too!

Snap....i am an ex chartered trust boy too...many hours were spent scanning the computer system to find out what cars the likes of Elton John and Beefy Botham had financed thru us !! ..

Good times

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66
    GREEN? Who said GREEN?

My new edition :D
    Congrats, nice UG 8) Enjoying every minute in my RS.

Not as nice as the Lotus Carlton though! :cry:

I still like it! Has a hard top too which makes it just like a 'normal' car for the winter!

Its also the reason for the username!

Quote Originally Posted by BluePurpleRed
    Its also the reason for the username!
    Aha, I was wondering if that had an M-car connection :D

Craftsman

Depending on the day, this:

or this:

Sometimes when I've been very good, I even get to drive the wife's diesel Accord.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve

quote]

Back in the early 90's I worked for Chartered Trust (part of Standard Chartered Bank) and I recall arranging HP on one of these beasts for the owner of a large chain of Hi-Fi shops in the West Country. His was the dark green (mallard I think it was). As we financed over £30k it meant I had to do a vehicle inspection which included a test drive :wink: :D

I think I was driving a Gutmann tuned Peugeot 309 GTi which I thought was quick, until I had a blast around the block in this bad boy :D A fantastic beast of a car that's brought back a lot of good memories. Yours looks a mint one too!

Snap....i am an ex chartered trust boy too...many hours were spent scanning the computer system to find out what cars the likes of Elton John and Beefy Botham had financed thru us !! ..

Good times

:D Didn't Elton John have his Rolls Royce with us? Happy days :D Where were you working? From a branch or Head Office in Cardiff?

Master

Used to be one of these

but whenever I can it is this beasty :twisted:

Journeyman

My run around.

The weekend motor. Can't put up with it as a daily drive

Grand Master

My wife drives a meemad....and it never runs out of gas :wink: hows that for economy :lol: and it has a loud growl too :!: don't you guys feel envious :?:

Quote Originally Posted by TVR Tommy
    My run around.

The weekend motor. Can't put up with it as a daily drive
    mmmm, scandal green. Love the 160's lumpy idle, that blurb blurb blurb at the lights gets me every time :)

Journeyman

I'm driving ford focus deisel estate WESTFIELD 7SE when its not in bits and the ex wife crackers.

Mostly an unreliable Saxo but for those days when the car doesnt want to play I just got this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Craftsman

BMW 528i (2nd pic is the colour It is) - the armchair most nights

Skoda Fabia vRS with some extra oomph, let the Skoda jokes begin....... :D

Looks like you're at Jury's Gap on the road from Camber to Lydd...

Master

Badly scratched, dented, 15 year old VW twincab van with a leaking sunroof and plastic parts falling off. But hey, it serves to transport the ultimate toy three times more expensive per flight hour than a private plane, one has to make sacrifices. :wink:

Get a life, guys, a car just gets you from A to B. And you don't need a sleek sportscar to attract pretty girls. :lol: 8)

P.S. The lady was my best retrieve driver during the French national ballooning championship. She loved driving that van over all sorts of bad roads and tracks to get to the balloon. Best friend of my sister in law, who was also part of the team. And she has a boyfriend. Sorry. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125
    Looks like you're at Jury's Gap on the road from Camber to Lydd...
    That would indeed be correct Sir :)

Craftsman

This every day

Grand Master

......my wife mad, apparently. :roll:
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

The latest addition to the garage:

It's back to riding at yesteryear speeds, smelling the roses as you pass along, open-face helmet: quite the antithesis of my other bikes!

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

here's a quick pic of my baby!

Day to Day I use either the Bora tdi Highline or the Merc....guess all 3 dont have any reflection on the watche's I like!

Blog Entries

When its not chucking it down and holidays overseas its normally my ZZR1400

otherwise its my boring pipe and slippers rep mobiile

Master

Quote Originally Posted by tmekid

Day to Day I use either the Bora tdi Highline or the Merc....guess all 3 dont have any reflection on the watche's I like!
    Nice TME, really enjoyed mine, sold it in 2004 I think and wish I had kept! Done much to it engine wise?

Master

Does anyone on here have a 993 Carrera 2? Really considering buying one and getting myself a diesel to use daily. Also looking at 964s, again anyone own one? :)

Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM
    Quote Originally Posted by tmekid

Nice TME, really enjoyed mine, sold it in 2004 I think and wish I had kept! Done much to it engine wise?
    errr just a tad its running 360/360

Master

Nice, my TME was rr'd at 340, but the MR I had was just under 400/380 and went very well :lol: Might buy another Evo oneday for track use, some big HP cars for sale quite reasonably at the moment on the MLR...

Used to be this....

Moved onto this 3 years ago....

(sellers pic from when i bought it)

and still my daily runner now! :D

Craftsman

[quote=Red Steve]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Red Steve":ltefzf68

quote]

Good times
    :D Didn't Elton John have his Rolls Royce with us? Happy days :D Where were you working? From a branch or Head Office in Cardiff?[/quote:ltefzf68]

I thought Elton had a Mercedes 600 pullman with us...could be wrong though....I remember Wayne Rooney Financing a VW Golf at one point though :|

I worked out of the Telford branch....and stayed there up until i was made redundant...how about you ?

Some really nice motors on show

mines not quiet so tidy and a wee bit higher

The Rough !

and the Smooth !

An old SAAB NG 900 Turbo. It's an old bomb, but has been super reliable and the boot is massive, which we need, and puts a few estates to shame. Can still shift for a 15 y.o. car but handles like a drunken three legged donkey. Only got two photos worth posting and they're rubbish

About 270 yards on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoknevo
    What is that? Some kind of Saab away-day? I used to have one of those Saab-9000s, like the nearest one in that shot. Now I've got a Volvo XC70, but might change it for an XC90 if I can find the right one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence
    About 270 yards on a good day.
    I do that with a 6 iron you wuss :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy

It's back to riding at yesteryear speeds, smelling the roses as you pass along, open-face helmet: quite the antithesis of my other bikes!

R
    How cool is that 8)
    I like the mirror arrangement there Ralphy, is that so you can do you lippy as you ride along :wink:
    Enjoy it mate, I like the notion of slower riding and actually appreciating the sights and smells of the landscape around you.

Cheers,
    Gary

I have a thing for Fiats, my old X19 rotted away so I replaced it with what OMHO is the pick of the modern (ish) ones....

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboy
    I have a thing for Fiats, my old X19 rotted away so I replaced it with what OMHO is the pick of the modern (ish) ones....

Love that, I had a red 20 VT for a good four years, rapid machine and so much car for very little money

Quote Originally Posted by Omegary
    How cool is that 8)
    I like the mirror arrangement there Ralphy, is that so you can do you lippy as you ride along :wink:
    Enjoy it mate, I like the notion of slower riding and actually appreciating the sights and smells of the landscape around you.
    I had them dropped down from their usual position :wink: and fitted the drag bars as I prefer to maximise the 'openness' for an uncluttered view:

Trouble is, I'm having to consciously slow down on her: the torque of the engine is phenomenal and so the speed does rather creep up and catch me out - as an example of the torque, in 5th she will pull steadily from 30 to over 100.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Love that, I had a red 20 VT for a good four years, rapid machine and so much car for very little money
    Thanks Gilly, at the age they are now they do cost a fair bit to maintain which is probably why they are cheap to buy. Soon forget that when you stamp on the loud pedal though! :D

Quote Originally Posted by wajhart
    What is that? Some kind of Saab away-day? I used to have one of those Saab-9000s, like the nearest one in that shot. Now I've got a Volvo XC70, but might change it for an XC90 if I can find the right one.
    Twas indeed, had some of the lads and lassies from UKSAAB's up to our caravan on the west coast for a bbq/bevvy.

Quote Originally Posted by wajhart
    Twas indeed, had some of the lads and lassies from UKSAAB's up to our caravan on the west coast for a bbq/bevvy.
    One of the nicest all-round cars I've ever owned was a 9000 CSE 2.3 with the full turbo. :thumbup:

R

One of the nicest all-round cars I've ever owned was a 9000 CSE 2.3 with the full turbo. :thumbup:R
    Yep, that's what I had. Best car I've ever driven. The XC70 is a great workhorse, but it doesn't have the "absolutely right" feel of the Saab. Pity about the GM products, I'm hoping the Spyker output will get them back to the old style.

Hey, lay off the rookie!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grandiloquence
    Hey, lay off the rookie!
    :lol:

One of the nicest all-round cars I've ever owned was a 9000 CSE 2.3 with the full turbo. :thumbup:

R
    I stand to be corrected here but I think we share the same turbo??? :D

Does yours blow seals too?.... steady walrus! :lol:

for business I need a car that can pack loads of samples and a fridge, but mostly that looks good even when it's dirty so I don't waste precious time washing it

then I share the cruiser with my girls who use it (sad me) as the daily drive

plus the Triumph rodder you see in front

life is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK
    Usually I'm in this

And when the sun comes out, I'm in this bad boy.

priceless :lol: :lol: how many miles to a gallon out of that bad boy

Quote Originally Posted by london lad
    Here is my baby;

my god that is a work of art beautifull well done my friend . I dont think I would drive it just put another layer of polish on it every sunday morning and jump in the tdi to get the papers

Thomas Reid

I've changed from a plain bicycle to an articulated bicycle. :)

Best wishes,
    Bob