TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 44 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,200 of 8239

Thread: What do you drive?

[/QUOTE]

brilliant

Master
    That M4 looks lovely.

A quick and dirty photo of a slow and dirty car, my Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV...

Admittedly not very exciting, but a genuine 5-seater 4x4 that is so far averaging just over 97 mpg in my 8 months of ownership.

Factor in a £5k donation from the government to buy it, 100% first year write off and 5% BIK and it gets bit more interesting... but it's still not very exciting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherealShade View Post
    I bought a 2010 VW Polo at the new year. My partner and I haven't had a car since we've been in England, almost a decade. We're enjoying the new found freedom. And if anyone knows any nice drives south west of London, I'd be appreciative.
    Head down the A3 and head south anywhere after the Hindhead tunnel. Aim for Chichester and you'll struggle not to stumble on a good drive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    A quick and dirty photo of a slow and dirty car, my Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV...

Admittedly not very exciting, but a genuine 5-seater 4x4 that is so far averaging just over 97 mpg in my 8 months of ownership.

Factor in a £5k donation from the government to buy it, 100% first year write off and 5% BIK and it gets bit more interesting... but it's still not very exciting.
    Interesting - what happens if you haven't plugged it in - what kind of mpg would it return then ?
    I opted for the Lexus (non plug-in) Hybrid and although I'm happy with the low BIK tax bills, the real life mpg of 43.5mpg is a some way off the quoted figures. Doesn't bother me too much as I pay a fixed rate of 10p per mile for my private miles - but I was expecting a bit better.

Overall though it's a lovely package - the ride quality and cabin ambience are great.
    So much so that the most irksome thing on a long drive is hitting the old motorway surfaces where the road noise really goes up in volume. On new surfaces it is lovely and very quiet.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 9th March 2015 at 18:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    My new road and track car, collect it in 3 weeks and can't wait

Love that...

Mercedes C250 Bluetec Amg...

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Interesting - what happens if you haven't plugged it in - what kind of mpg would it return then ?
    I opted for the Lexus (non plug-in) Hybrid and although I'm happy with the low BIK tax bills, the real life mpg of 43.5mpg is a some way off the quoted figures. Doesn't bother me too much as I pay a fixed rate of 10p per mile for my private miles - but I was expecting a bit better.

Overall though it's a lovely package - the ride quality and cabin ambience are great.
    So much so that the most irksome thing on a long drive is hitting the old motorway surfaces where the road noise really goes up in volume. On new surfaces it is lovely and very quiet.

z
    The Lexus will be far more refined. Mine has the old Evo engine minus the turbos ( plus thetwo electric motors). The sound-proofing of the cabin is excellent though.

I did go for a week without charging it after I managed to break the charger by driving over the plug. At the end of the week I had averaged in the low 60's mpg. But even without plugging it in it still showed that 45 % of my mileage had been on battery power only, as even if not charged from the plug the engine alternates between driving the wheels and working as a generator to charge the batteries. plus you have selectable regenerative braking that re-charges the batteries as you drive.

Picking this up tomorrow to replace my ageing 997 :-)

Journeyman
    Drive a nissan quashqai... not too bad actually!

Master

Just got this beaut!

Master
    I did go for a week without charging it after I managed to break the charger by driving over the plug. At the end of the week I had averaged in the low 60's mpg. But even without plugging it in it still showed that 45 % of my mileage had been on battery power only, as even if not charged from the plug the engine alternates between driving the wheels and working as a generator to charge the batteries. plus you have selectable regenerative braking that re-charges the batteries as you drive.
    Clever machine.

Is the charger etc. easily transportable and can you just plug it into a normal mains outlet?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This in just a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Clever machine.

Is the charger etc. easily transportable and can you just plug it into a normal mains outlet?
    Yes, the charger is not big or heavy. There is a cubby hole for it under a hatch in the floor of the boot.

It plugs straight in to a standard 13a socket and charges fully in about 5 hours at a cost of about £1 dependent on tariff. You can program it (from the car console or remotely from an iPad/iPhone app) to come on in the middle of the night to charge at cheapest rate. A full battery is good for up to about a 28 mile pure electric range at up to 70 mph (Mitsubishi claim 32.5 but I haven't managed that). You can also buy an optional 16a quick charger that gives a full charge in about 3 hours. But you'd need to get a 16a socket fitted. I think there is a government grant available to get one fitted free of charge. I haven't bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloobird View Post

Interested to know how you get on with it. Im in a 2nd gen 997 c4s

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post

Just got this beaut!
    Nice bike just in time for some warmer weather hopefully. I am looking forward to getting my cruiser out again for the spring. Hopefully in two weeks time when I have a week off work. Normally by this time of year I am really looking forward to getting back out on 2 wheels again.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    picking this up on Monday, cant wait to let the sub base rip,

Last edited by soundood; 13th March 2015 at 21:28.

Was keen on one but now we are going to need 7 seats

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post

Please be careful with the power

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Please be careful with the power
    And then share a little custard test with us, please.

A new race car for me.

No brake servos, historic tyres make for an exciting time on track.

Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    Just added an immaculate very low mileage SLK32 AMG to the 2 seater collection

How are you finding the 32? .. that's certainly a rare colour as well!. I bought mine in 2008 (silver with bordeau hide )and also had the kleemann pulley conversion done so is now 405 bhp . I gave it to the missus in 2012 and got the slk55 but I miss the supercharger of the old 32.. put your foot flat down and after the initial pause it's like you are being fired on a very long piece of elastic!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pubdweller View Post
    How are you finding the 32? .. that's certainly a rare colour as well!. I bought mine in 2008 (silver with bordeau hide )and also had the kleemann pulley conversion done so is now 405 bhp . I gave it to the missus in 2012 and got the slk55 but I miss the supercharger of the old 32.. put your foot flat down and after the initial pause it's like you are being fired on a very long piece of elastic!!
    always fancied one of those 32's. A blue one was sold on here a couple of years ago!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post

That'll look the part donuting around maccy d's car park .

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    Not sure it could manage a donut. Perhaps, provided conditions are right, a damp bagel.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Corporalsparrow View Post
    A new race car for me.

No brake servos, historic tyres make for an exciting time on track.

Perfect!!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    Only with a bit of assistance from inside:

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=DCqlJUhQhp4

Quote Originally Posted by Idc0001 View Post
    Fresh engine build for mine

Hoping to get it all in and running for the summer
    Same here....

although its seems to have taken a year now :S (parts delays, and a few spec changes here and there..)

really needs to be complete soon so i can run it in before the drive down to Silverstone Classic.

unfortunately,... the time its taken has meant i kinda regret having the valve/plug covers crinkle painted red, which i had previously spent ages polishing up to a mirror finish :(

Last edited by endo; 19th March 2015 at 14:22.

Income

Gone

Keeper ;)

My first car...

Bit late to this party as only a 100 posts old but this was my very first car... While I find some of our recent cars to post... Lystonia... all 250cc of raw power...but then at 9 that's quite enough really

Last edited by lordloz; 22nd March 2015 at 21:45.

^ Lucky kid!

Quote Originally Posted by Argon View Post
    ^ Lucky kid!
    @Argon thanks! I was and it was brilliant.. ..with a couple of other families we used to hire Goodwood for about a tenner each and learnt to drive there...did my first laps of the track there and got my ARDS race licence a lot later at the same circuit... it was roughly 2/3 scale to F1 car and had proper wishbone suspension all round, manual gearbox and clutch so I learnt clutch control and changes very early

First car I actually ever drove on road was HONDA S800 coupe at 0001 hours on my 17th birthday...revvy little thing ...

Right.... sorting out newer pics next!
    Last edited by lordloz; 23rd March 2015 at 19:14.

Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post

First car I actually ever drove on road was HONDA S800 coupe at 1201 on my 17th birthday...revvy little thing ...

Right.... sorting out newer pics next!
    Pics of the S800 would be great if you have any.

You were indeed rather blessed in the teenage automotive stakes...

Quote Originally Posted by Bloobird View Post

Thats beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Pics of the S800 would be great if you have any.

You were indeed rather blessed in the teenage automotive stakes...
    Ill try but God knows when as my father should have some somewhere in his analogue collection God knows where and it was a particularly hideous 70's yellow....

Ok up to date a Honda CRV to the stables but otherwise the current car pool is...

Sorry and this currently in the body shop being repainted...

Last edited by lordloz; 23rd March 2015 at 19:00.

Better pictures here...
    1962 AUSTIN A40 Farina Countryman

1963 Crayford Mini

GOODWOOD 09

Nice stable of classics. Are you actually a lord? ;-)

Really like the Farina! Had one for a bit. Wish I'd restored it now...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Nice stable of classics. Are you actually a lord? ;-)
    ^ thanks very much.... yes I am purchased 1 sq yard of the Cotswolds off the Internet and am entitled to be one..

Quote Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
    Really like the Farina! Had one for a bit. Wish I'd restored it now...
    I love driving the little Farina, this was a steal, imported from Cyprus and restored to almost new condition way way beyond its value (like 3 times) and we picked up at auction for a song... It's not worth anyone doing it normally as costs so outweigh any value unless they have a huge passion for them ....

That's why I moved my one on. I'd have sunk far too much into it... But I have a soft spot for them. Like the Bentleys. Are you a RREC member btw?

54 Bentley R type - James young sports saloon, one of 10 built but only manual roadworthy I believe

Lovely old girl. Good value these R Types at the moment.

Just out of interest have you seen 'LeSarthe'

http://bensportltd.co.uk/la-sarthe/

R Type chassis...

That's why I moved my one on. I'd have sunk far too much into it... But I have a soft spot for them. Like the Bentleys. Are you a RREC member btw?
    Thanks yes the turbo is lovely too, long wheelbase and only 47k miles from New...No... not in RREC at moment, am in a local club that covers all makes of classics but not hugely into car clubs as such.

Here's a turbo snap

I also have this I'm about to try and get back on road after being in a shed for 10 years, early '60's triumph tigress 250, not pretty or elegant more like a Morris minor with 2 wheels! but was given it gratis and its all complete...

Last edited by lordloz; 23rd March 2015 at 22:13.

Just out of interest have you seen 'LeSarthe'

http://bensportltd.co.uk/la-sarthe/

R Type chassis...
    Funny you should mention it.... I know those guys, really nice folk and coincidentally they had the r type before us as a donor, it was too good for a donor and we got it from the actual designer of the le Sarthe car who had bought it from them!

they aren't far from my place and we convoyed back from the Bentley summer event last year together. I think it will be at Goodwood FoS this year too. It's a lovely design
    Last edited by lordloz; 23rd March 2015 at 22:15.

And hopefully before peeps get fed up with the plethora of posts I seem to have ended up doing ..Sorry when I start trawling through pics it's easy to keep plonking more on....

1968 Benelli 350 café racer....

Quote Originally Posted by lordloz View Post

I also have this I'm about to try and get back on road after being in a shed for 10 years, early '60's triumph tigress 250, not pretty or elegant more like a Morris minor with 2 wheels! but was given it gratis and its all complete...

I had a Triumph Tina in more or less the same condition 40 odd years ago! I never got it working, but I remember it had a button under the seat which acted as a kind of clutch to engage the engine, you needed to sit down to get it to move. Does this have the same system?

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    I had a Triumph Tina in more or less the same condition 40 odd years ago! I never got it working, but I remember it had a button under the seat which acted as a kind of clutch to engage the engine, you needed to sit down to get it to move. Does this have the same system?
    Not as far as I know but it has an odd chain link type selector which deselects the gear change I believe but from what I understand off the tigress/Tina club site it's better to just change gear as normal some disconnect the link.

Craftsman
    I have an e250 diesel convertible for daily use which is excellent and god knows how many projects ranging from escorts to g wagons.