closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 119 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 750 of 5918

Thread: What do you drive?

  1. #701

    Re: What do you drive?

    Currently running around in a Mini Countryman D. Stop laughing at the back. It is a brilliant car once you get past the looks and the fact that it is anything but mini. We've also got a 330d coupe if we're in a hurry! My F800 went back a few months ago and am looking at the R1200 R or GS. Why did they stop the R1200S? That's the one I really want.

  2. #702
    Grand Master Foxy100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Die Fuchsröhre
    Posts
    13,933

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBRDave
    My toy is a mk1 mx5 BBR Turbo (hence my username)... I say toy but I use it to get to work on occasion to get a chance to take it out. Great fun.
    You forgot to upload pictures. Please.
    You can live in your car but you can't drive your house.

  3. #703
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    East Yorkshire
    Posts
    968

    Re: What do you drive?

    Audi A6 Avant s line

    Play thing golf mk1 gti 8)

  4. #704
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sunderland
    Posts
    455

    Re: What do you drive?

    There is some amazing cars in the thread.
    Anyway I have an Audi A3 S Line Quattro.


  5. #705

    Re: What do you drive?

    Fiat 500 1.2 lounge. Just sold an Alfa Romeo GTV V6! :-(

  6. #706
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    56

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by neebsta
    Audi A6 Avant s line

    Play thing golf mk1 gti 8)
    I think we need to know more about your golf? :)

  7. #707
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    End of the world
    Posts
    3,032
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What do you drive?

    Landrover Discovery 4 (due to my location!!)

  8. #708
    Master PipPip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longparish, Hampshire
    Posts
    1,871

    Re: What do you drive?

    BMW E90 330d for me and a Ford Focus Estate shared with the wife as the mud, cake and jam encrusted family wagon. Both fantastic at what they do.

  9. #709

    Re: What do you drive?

    My daily is an E39 530d Sport Touring. Black with black and Auto of course. Deals with the daily grind and anything the Kids can throw at it.

    My baby is an E24 M635Csi in Alpine White with Black leather. She rarely gets a big run at the moment, but she thouroughly enjoy's a drive down to Le Mans and appreciates the attention she gets from those in the know.

    Colour

    http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... 76_217.jpg


    One of my favourite pictures:

    black and white

  10. #710
    Master Dan83bz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Prague, CZ
    Posts
    2,886

    Re: What do you drive?

    Huh...lotsa rich folk around here, huh :shock: :o :shock:

    I'm a hypermiler me-self, drive a 10 yr old Opel which I'm getting around 50-60MPG (imp) most days. Even if I had the funds for a really expensive car, would probably go for an electric or something of the sorts, I'm a eco-warrior

  11. #711
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    58

    What do you drive?

    Navara pick up to carry all my gear

  12. #712
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Vale of Glamorgan
    Posts
    522

    Re: What do you drive?

    Alfa 159... caught the Alfa bug a few years ago when I bought a GTV 3.0 V6. Despite the fact that it lived up to every bad Alfa cliche regarding reliability, it was so much fun that after a brief dalliance with Audi I'm back in the fold.

    The 159 has been a model of reliability so far... But then I've only owned it for 6 weeks... :D

  13. #713
    Grand Master Jonmurgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    11,322

    Re: What do you drive?

    Trying out some new wheels - not sure I like them though!





    Usually sitting on these


  14. #714

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Trying out some new wheels - not sure I like them though!





    Usually sitting on these

    I like them, a very clean design :thumbright:

    You need some legal plates though :wink:

  15. #715
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sheffield w England
    Posts
    5,486

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Trying out some new wheels - not sure I like them though!





    Usually sitting on these

    :love4: 8)

  16. #716
    Grand Master Jonmurgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    11,322

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sancho Panza
    You need some legal plates though :wink:
    They are legal - just. Never been pulled for them and when I was pulled a few cars ago the copper even WROTE the plate down with that spacing :P

  17. #717

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancho Panza
    You need some legal plates though :wink:
    They are legal - just. Never been pulled for them and when I was pulled a few cars ago the copper even WROTE the plate down with that spacing :P
    I wouldn't have thought so, the spacing between the 5 and the M is wrong, and there's no authorised registration number supplier information on it. Not sure if you have or haven't been pulled, you state both.

  18. #718
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    On The Fringe
    Posts
    17,013

    Re: What do you drive?

    Miss you Murgie :wink:

    The car looks better on OEM wheels mate 8)

  19. #719
    Grand Master Jonmurgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    11,322

    Re: What do you drive?

    [quote=Sancho Panza]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Quote Originally Posted by "Sancho Panza":3k8mdq1b
    You need some legal plates though :wink:
    They are legal - just. Never been pulled for them and when I was pulled a few cars ago the copper even WROTE the plate down with that spacing :P
    I wouldn't have thought so, the spacing between the 5 and the M is wrong, and there's no authorised registration number supplier information on it. Not sure if you have or haven't been pulled, you state both.[/quote:3k8mdq1b]

    You're a bit anal aren't you :roll: don't tell me, your a copper?

    I have been pulled with that plate twice in total - but not BECAUSE of that plate. Neither time was the plate mentioned. What's it to you anyway?

  20. #720

    Re: What do you drive?

    [quote=Jonmurgie]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancho Panza
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Quote Originally Posted by "Sancho Panza":2czj6bom
    You need some legal plates though :wink:
    They are legal - just. Never been pulled for them and when I was pulled a few cars ago the copper even WROTE the plate down with that spacing :P
    I wouldn't have thought so, the spacing between the 5 and the M is wrong, and there's no authorised registration number supplier information on it. Not sure if you have or haven't been pulled, you state both.
    You're a bit anal aren't you :roll: don't tell me, your a copper?

    I have been pulled with that plate twice in total - but not BECAUSE of that plate. Neither time was the plate mentioned. What's it to you anyway?[/quote:2czj6bom]

    Well since you introduced the gutter talk, the only thing anal about here is you, where your head is located. Now you admit to being pulled twice, (at least), I can imagine why. What kind of idiot changes the spacing on their number plate to make it look either foreign, or like a year-less number, in the process making it illegal. Answer, you. Couldn't afford a proper year-less number could you? What's it got to do with me? I merely pointed out your illegal number plate, you take it how you like, as well as the fine which will inevitably occur at some point.

  21. #721
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away, in England
    Posts
    999

    Re: What do you drive?

    Jeez keep it friendly guys :roll:

    It's only a reg plate FFS.

    Car looks great on both sets of alloys, and I can't ever see the police stopping you for the plates as there is a lot worse out there.

  22. #722

    Re: What do you drive?

    Calm down dears.

    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

  23. #723
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary. GMT -7
    Posts
    4,209

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonmurgie
    Trying out some new wheels - not sure I like them though!



    Usually sitting on these

    My absolute dream car :love4: and I prefer the look of the double spoke wheels on the car. If money were no object, and if you could get the RS variant here, I would definatley get one - it is IMHO everything you could possibly want and use in the real world, and Jon I salute your good judgement and taste :salute:

  24. #724
    Craftsman will852's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    688

    Re: What do you drive?

    The Audi is lovely!
    I like both sets of rims but I think the double spoke ones clinch it slightly. The new ones do have a certain VAGness about them though!


    Quote Originally Posted by Sancho Panza

    Answer, you. Couldn't afford a proper year-less number could you?
    That's beyond childish.

    I don't see why anyone would be bothered by the plate. It doesn't hinder anyones daily life does it?

  25. #725

    Re: What do you drive?

    This tomorrow:



    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  26. #726
    Master london lad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Suffolk U.K.
    Posts
    3,807

    Re: What do you drive?

    I like both sets but the new ones look more up to date.

    At least you can read the plates, can't see the problem myself :roll:

  27. #727

    Re: What do you drive?

    The previous:






    The present:







    :)

  28. #728

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy
    This tomorrow:



    R
    :drunken: I think I just felt a nudge in my trousers...



    :lol:

  29. #729

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by cman
    The previous:






    The present:







    :)
    I used to like the 306 Rallye - did yours have the original Painted Steel Rims?

  30. #730

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworx
    I used to like the 306 Rallye - did yours have the original Painted Steel Rims?
    You must be thinking of the 106 Rallyes - they had steelies.

    The ones you see on my 306 are the original wheels - known as 'cyclones' - same as those on the GTi-6 [full fat version of the lighter-weight Rallye].

  31. #731
    Master SternG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Larissa, Greece
    Posts
    7,455

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by cman
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworx
    I used to like the 306 Rallye - did yours have the original Painted Steel Rims?
    You must be thinking of the 106 Rallyes - they had steelies.

    The ones you see on my 306 are the original wheels - known as 'cyclones' - same as those on the GTi-6 [full fat version of the lighter-weight Rallye].

    Correct. My 106 Rallye had steelies, they were replaced with ultra-lightweight OZ wheels immediately.

    Looking at the boring crap in the current Peugeot range, I can't help but feel nostalgic about those cars :(

  32. #732

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by SternG
    Quote Originally Posted by cman
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworx
    I used to like the 306 Rallye - did yours have the original Painted Steel Rims?
    You must be thinking of the 106 Rallyes - they had steelies.

    The ones you see on my 306 are the original wheels - known as 'cyclones' - same as those on the GTi-6 [full fat version of the lighter-weight Rallye].

    Correct. My 106 Rallye had steelies, they were replaced with ultra-lightweight OZ wheels immediately.

    Looking at the boring crap in the current Peugeot range, I can't help but feel nostalgic about those cars :(
    SternG, I remember you compliments well, when I was selling my Rallye :).

    I was in Greece [Halikidi] earlier this year and to my surprise I saw 2 106 Rallye's out there, couldn't believe my eyes :o

  33. #733
    Master SternG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Larissa, Greece
    Posts
    7,455

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by cman
    Quote Originally Posted by SternG
    Quote Originally Posted by cman
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworx
    I used to like the 306 Rallye - did yours have the original Painted Steel Rims?
    You must be thinking of the 106 Rallyes - they had steelies.

    The ones you see on my 306 are the original wheels - known as 'cyclones' - same as those on the GTi-6 [full fat version of the lighter-weight Rallye].

    Correct. My 106 Rallye had steelies, they were replaced with ultra-lightweight OZ wheels immediately.

    Looking at the boring crap in the current Peugeot range, I can't help but feel nostalgic about those cars :(
    SternG, I remember you compliments well, when I was selling my Rallye :).

    I was in Greece [Halikidi] earlier this year and to my surprise I saw 2 106 Rallye's out there, couldn't believe my eyes :o

    Lots of Rallyes over here mate, we may be bankrupt but we have good taste in cars :D

    Had mine for eleven years, it never missed a beat 8)






    They don't make em like that anymore.

  34. #734
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away, in England
    Posts
    999

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by SternG
    Quote Originally Posted by cman
    Quote Originally Posted by SternG
    Quote Originally Posted by cman
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworx
    I used to like the 306 Rallye - did yours have the original Painted Steel Rims?
    You must be thinking of the 106 Rallyes - they had steelies.

    The ones you see on my 306 are the original wheels - known as 'cyclones' - same as those on the GTi-6 [full fat version of the lighter-weight Rallye].

    Correct. My 106 Rallye had steelies, they were replaced with ultra-lightweight OZ wheels immediately.

    Looking at the boring crap in the current Peugeot range, I can't help but feel nostalgic about those cars :(
    SternG, I remember you compliments well, when I was selling my Rallye :).

    I was in Greece [Halikidi] earlier this year and to my surprise I saw 2 106 Rallye's out there, couldn't believe my eyes :o

    Lots of Rallyes over here mate, we may be bankrupt but we have good taste in cars :D

    Had mine for eleven years, it never missed a beat 8)






    They don't make em like that anymore.

    The Registration plate looks all wrong :)

  35. #735
    Master MrLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dar es Salaam
    Posts
    1,698

    Re: What do you drive?

    I bought this a few weeks ago, roll on the winter!






  36. #736
    Master SternG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Larissa, Greece
    Posts
    7,455

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by taz417

    The Registration plate looks all wrong :)
    Back in 1999, it didn't :wink:

  37. #737
    Master Jeroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Schalkwijk, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,904

    Re: What do you drive?

    Just added two nice ones to the stables in the last 6 months...


    and

  38. #738
    Grand Master GraniteQuarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    26,068

    Re: What do you drive?

    GTA from Dieppe, quality! Almost bought one a couple years ago :)

  39. #739
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    miles away
    Posts
    1,987

    Re: What do you drive?

    [quote="Jeroen"]



    I got absolutely trounced at the lights by one of these in my old S3, well quick of the mark.

    Had some Alpine GTA wheels on my SEAT

    Squeezed them in :wink:

  40. #740
    Master amnesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    2,625
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What do you drive?

    This, once upon a time (wish I still had it !)




    Currently a Renaultsport Clio 182FF and a Mazda MX5 mk2.5

  41. #741

    Re: What do you drive?

    Too poor for cars.

    Two wheels and a set of L plates is where its at.

  42. #742
    Master Jim:'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Aotearoa
    Posts
    3,227

    Re: What do you drive?

    Here's my car, closest in this picture, taken on Easter Sunday at the first and only car show to be held inside the world's first and only fully enclosed grassed stadium.



    What a great day that was!








  43. #743
    Craftsman johnnyb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    North Derbyshire
    Posts
    309

    Re: What do you drive?

    My every day car is a rather boring diesel Jeep Patriot. It's good at what we use it for though as it's pretty decent on fuel having the 2 litre VW/Audi engine. Last year in the horrendous snow it was outstanding and got me to work (boo!) no problem. Here it is with my bike on the roof.




    When the weekend arrives and the sun comes out I roll this out of the garage, it's a 1999 BMW m coupe. For anyone that doesn't know it's based on the z3 roadster with the engine from the m3 evo. It's a bit of an oddball looks wise and I guess you either love it or hate it. I love it obviously and I'm just glad BMW had the balls to build such a niche car.



  44. #744
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary. GMT -7
    Posts
    4,209

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb
    When the weekend arrives and the sun comes out I roll this out of the garage, it's a 1999 BMW m coupe. For anyone that doesn't know it's based on the z3 roadster with the engine from the m3 evo. It's a bit of an oddball looks wise and I guess you either love it or hate it. I love it obviously and I'm just glad BMW had the balls to build such a niche car.


    And I'm in the first camp - I love them. A friend back in the UK has one and took me out for a spin once, makes me smile everytime I see one. And in Estoril Blue, same as that one, which IMHO is the best colour for them :wink:

  45. #745
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Wokingham
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: What do you drive?

    I just sold my E92 M3 because I'm doing ~20k miles a year and it was just throwing money down the drain doing 23mpg on a motorway run. So I've bought a Honda Civic 2.2 CDTI as a commuter car. I miss my M3 so much; once I stop doing silly miles I'll most likely be back in another one.

  46. #746
    Master pinpull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kingdom of Fife
    Posts
    1,117

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen
    Ahh - nice!

    Laverda 1200 Cropredy Liberator?

    Love the very cool split rim wheels, and ali swing arm!

  47. #747
    Master Jeroen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Schalkwijk, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,904

    Re: What do you drive?

    Well spotted,

    a Cropedy Liberator, Astralite wheels, smooth-bored Dellorto's em some other mild tuning done.....
    goes well with the other triples in the stable ( Laverda RGS, Laverda SFC1000, Sprint ST and 3 XS750's........)

  48. #748

    What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen
    Well spotted,

    a Cropedy Liberator, Astralite wheels, smooth-bored Dellorto's em some other mild tuning done.....
    goes well with the other triples in the stable ( Laverda RGS, Laverda SFC1000, Sprint ST and 3 XS750's........)
    When I first got into bikes, always wanted a Jota, but never got round to getting one.

    Malc

  49. #749

    Re: What do you drive?

    Thinking of chopping it in for a 911 (996) or E46 M3


  50. #750
    Master simes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Near Hinckley, Leics
    Posts
    1,805

    Re: What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by AMB
    Watches seem to go hand in hand with cars, in my experience anyway!

    So what do you all drive? Do we have any old classics under a cover in the garage?

    Whilst I'm looking around for my next watch purchase, I am also considering spending the money on a MK1 MX5 and supercharging it for some summer stupidity. Only issue is I've run out of space to keep it!
    Heh...

    Range Rover for day to day motoring and caravan pulling:


    RnageFrontLeft by Burbage Photography, on Flickr

    And a TR7 convertable, one of the last 500 made, that I rebuilt...


    pic2 by Burbage Photography, on Flickr

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information