closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 140 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 7,000 of 8237

Thread: What do you drive?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If you are after one a mates got a cracking Mondeo mk4 sport auto at 2250, saw it on his premises today and it’s a beautiful car, message me if you want to know more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks but I'll pass - the autos ("powershift") on that era of Fords don't have a very good reputation, so unless it's a old fashioned torque converter auto, I'd rather stick with manual. Cheers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Thanks but I'll pass - the autos ("powershift") on that era of Fords don't have a very good reputation, so unless it's a old fashioned torque converter auto, I'd rather stick with manual. Cheers.
    No it’s powershift I’m afraid, it’s ok just thought I’d comment on the off chance

The last thing I got was a 1972 1100 Beetle. What do they say about variety?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    The last thing I got was a 1972 1100 Beetle. What do they say about variety?

Stunning. What are the specs?

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    Stunning. What are the specs?

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

650S Spider. Pretty much all the carbon you can have both exterior and interior. Sports exhaust. Black alcantara interior with orange accents. It was a ridiculous amount of money new, but much closer to land of living now.

Very nice J.

How does it compare with the car you had from Sant'Agata?

Very nice - probably my favourite Maclaren, and awesomely quick!

I have looked at Macs a couple of times, but they are perhaps a little too hardcore for me. I’d be very interested to hear how you get on with it and what your impressions are.

👍
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Very nice J.

How does it compare with the car you had from Sant'Agata?

Never owned a Lambo but have driven a few. It's miles ahead of the early Aventador I borrowed but the Lambo does look spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Very nice - probably my favourite Maclaren, and awesomely quick!

I have looked at Macs a couple of times, but they are perhaps a little too hardcore for me. I’d be very interested to hear how you get on with it and what your impressions are.

Have you driven one? In terms of ride etc they are very comfortable and compliant if you want them to be. There are various modes for drivetrain and suspension from normal to sport to track. It's not the easiest car to get in and out of but for a 'supercar' it's fairly easy to live with. I think the 720s is more user friendly still but a 720s Spider is more than double the current price of this and that's hard to justify. For what I want...something to have a bit of fun in...this fits the bill without totally breaking the bank.

Very nice McLaren and probably the sweet spot for me being the 12C and 650S Spyders, or 675LT if I could stretch to that. Best value for money has got to be the 720S, they've suffered some savage depreciation.

my boss has a 765LT and I was helping him spec his 765LT Spyder yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Very nice McLaren and probably the sweet spot for me being the 12C and 650S Spyders, or 675LT if I could stretch to that. Best value for money has got to be the 720S, they've suffered some savage depreciation.

my boss has a 765LT and I was helping him spec his 765LT Spyder yesterday.

The 720's were an even bigger bargain earlier in the year but they're come back quite a bit over the last few months. From what I can gather, some of the launch edition cars from 2017 can have quite a few issues.

Have you driven one? In terms of ride etc they are very comfortable and compliant if you want them to be. There are various modes for drivetrain and suspension from normal to sport to track. It's not the easiest car to get in and out of but for a 'supercar' it's fairly easy to live with. I think the 720s is more user friendly still but a 720s Spider is more than double the current price of this and that's hard to justify. For what I want...something to have a bit of fun in...this fits the bill without totally breaking the bank.
    No, I went in a 12C some years ago - awesome cars. I might get a chance to try one out in the next couple of months. I tend to go for 2+2's, not that the seats in the back of my Vanquish are much use but I can squeeze my 13yr old son in there for short journeys! I hope you enjoy your new toy - it looks fab.

I think these days I am probably more inclined towards a "gentleman's express" though, as I'm not sure I have the reaction times for something like yours!

...early Aventador...
    Ah, that must be it.

There is a YouTuber who has repaired a crashed 720 and it's been a very interesting build. Impressive to see the quality of the components.

No, I went in a 12C some years ago - awesome cars. I might get a chance to try one out in the next couple of months. I tend to go for 2+2's, not that the seats in the back of my Vanquish are much use but I can squeeze my 13yr old son in there for short journeys! I hope you enjoy your new toy - it looks fab.

I think these days I am probably more inclined towards a "gentleman's express" though, as I'm not sure I have the reaction times for something like yours!

Me neither but that keeps it interesting!

All joking aside my typical modus operandi is that most of the time I gravitate to something big and automatic like a Discovery. I've lost count of the number of times I've bought a second car (usually a Porsche) on the pretext that I'm going to use it often because you can. But I never do. And so I sell it.

So I thought I'd stop kidding myself this time and get something that I know I won't use often, but is more special when I do. Hence the McLaren.

Ah, that must be it.

There is a YouTuber who has repaired a crashed 720 and it's been a very interesting build. Impressive to see the quality of the components.
    I've looked at the price of salvaged parts for 720's and imagine it's not a cheap job. It would be a brave man who buys it afterwards as well!

Yes, especially one so young too.

Yes, especially one so young too.

If I'd known it was that easy I'd have knocked one up myself.

(Always in awe of people who can do stuff like this)

Not taken delivery yet but I’m adding this Mk1 MX5 to the stable. I’m going to keep it on the steelies for a trad sports car look. I also want to learn to do some of the fettling myself, as I’ve always relied on garages for my other stuff.

Master
    Mx5s here also this year. Stiglet jr regretted selling his mariner blue Mk1 so we (jointly)bought a red one yesterday to go with our Mk2.5 .

The latter, whilst road legal , is set up for hillclimbs . There is a one make class for them north of the border. Not the fastest things but a hoot to drive
    Last edited by stiglet; 14th August 2021 at 19:28.

Master
    Bought this early Cayman S a few months back. It's great fun, especially on early mornings like today around some sleepy Essex villages.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Bought this early Cayman S a few months back. It's great fun, especially on early mornings like today around some sleepy Essex villages.
    That's a great photo. To me that was also the best looking generation of Cayman.

RE: MX5's
    I was travelling through the Staffordshire countryside this morning on the B5243, near it's junction with the A515 (not far from St. George's Park) and a convoy of probably 15 to 20 MX5's of all ages was going the other way.
    Owner's club meet up I guess..?

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    RE: MX5's
    I was travelling through the Staffordshire countryside this morning on the B5243, near it's junction with the A515 (not far from St. George's Park) and a convoy of probably 15 to 20 MX5's of all ages was going the other way.
    Owner's club meet up I guess..?
    Yeah they have them regularly in every county now , so many of them about the owners clubs and Facebook groups are huge

Unnecessary pic of mine

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Yeah they have them regularly in every county now , so many of them about the owners clubs and Facebook groups are huge

Unnecessary pic of mine

Boy, that looks great!!

Loving the shields

What do you drive?

Unnecessary pic of mine

That looks great, I reckon some bonnet louvres would finish it off nicely!

Craftsman
    That's the bollox

Unnecessary pic of mine

Sent from my SM-T510 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post
    That's the bollox

Sent from my SM-T510 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Cheers, I've had the BBR GT 180 done as well, gives a lot more poke

Cheers, I've had the BBR GT 180 done as well, gives a lot more poke

I guess your other half must be delighted with her new car, Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I guess your other half must be delighted with her new car, Dave.
    She's getting another new one

Took the McLaren out for a run Saturday and was just coming out of the garage when the postman came down the drive "Wow that looks fantastic." he says "mind if I have a look?" I say that will be fine and he walks into the garage...right past the Mclaren without giving it so much as a glance, and straight over to my 1972 Beetle. No interest in the McLaren whatsoever!

Took the McLaren out for a run Saturday and was just coming out of the garage when the postman came down the drive "Wow that looks fantastic." he says "mind if I have a look?" I say that will be fine and he walks into the garage...right past the Mclaren without giving it so much as a glance, and straight over to my 1972 Beetle. No interest in the McLaren whatsoever!
    Your postman has more style than some ex-postman I could mention.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    That looks great, I reckon some bonnet louvres would finish it off nicely!
    Noooooo :(

Great photo. My old local pub is just out of shot.

Master
    Finchingfield, the most photographed village in the U.K. I think.

Soon to be this. After more than 6 months of procrastination over what I wanted as a fun blaster, I have settled on an M3. I started off looking at more exotic cars as I was going into the search thinking it would be my last fun ICE, but over time came to realise I was not being realistic. First, I had an allocation on a GT4 which I turned down, then placed a deposit on a new Nissan GTR TE and cancelled that last week after Nissan were dragging their feet and my interest waned. I just don't need such an expensive car to do a few k per year, and as a diehard car fanatic, I must confess to getting old and more sensible.

What a car. Great choice is it a comp? Did you get it through AD or private sale?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Noooooo :(

With it without, it’s still a fabulous looking car!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Soon to be this. After more than 6 months of procrastination over what I wanted as a fun blaster, I have settled on an M3. I started off looking at more exotic cars as I was going into the search thinking it would be my last fun ICE, but over time came to realise I was not being realistic. First, I had an allocation on a GT4 which I turned down, then placed a deposit on a new Nissan GTR TE and cancelled that last week after Nissan were dragging their feet and my interest waned. I just don't need such an expensive car to do a few k per year, and as a diehard car fanatic, I must confess to getting old and more sensible.

Fabulous!

That looks so menacing but understated at the same time - IYKWIM.

My favourite colour combo too - Metallic Grey (any shade really but that is awesome!) and Red leather interior. Classic.

Thanks for the comments. The colour combo and good options are really what sold it to me. It's conservatively menacing with a bit of flair with the Sakhir orange interior.

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    What a car. Great choice is it a comp? Did you get it through AD or private sale?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I got this through a BMW AUC, it's a one-owner car with 10k miles so it's a nearly new car. And it doesn't have pig nostrils.

Master
    Thanks for the comments. The colour combo and good options are really what sold it to me. It's conservatively menacing with a bit of flair with the Sakhir orange interior.

I got this through a BMW AUC, it's a one-owner car with 10k miles so it's a nearly new car. And it doesn't have pig nostrils.
    You will learn to hate those alloys when you are cleaning them, there is a groove behind the spokes that likes holding the dirty water!

I had the same interior on my M4 and loved it, really lifts the interior & looks great.

You looked at exhaust valve controllers yet, so you can decide how loud or quiet you want to be regardless of driving mode?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Great photo. My old local pub is just out of shot.
    Thank you. Took an uncharacteristicaly early start on a sunny saturday to get a photo there!

Beautiful little place but always rammers on a sunny day eh!?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Finchingfield, the most photographed village in the U.K. I think.
    Correct. There are some great roads around there. Takes an early start to beat the traffic though!

That M3 looks the business.

Probably posted before...my little brother's '41 Willys powered by a 502 c.i. Chevy Big Block. I'm hoping he'll let me drive it next month during my visit to Minneapolis. He has a collection of six classic muscle cars he stores in a rented commercial garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    You will learn to hate those alloys when you are cleaning them, there is a groove behind the spokes that likes holding the dirty water!

I had the same interior on my M4 and loved it, really lifts the interior & looks great.

You looked at exhaust valve controllers yet, so you can decide how loud or quiet you want to be regardless of driving mode?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I reckon an M5 we had with 20" alloys had that groove too Matt, and yes it was a PITA. I will get the car ceramic coated along with the wheels which should help somewhat. I am really really bad at washing cars.

Not looked into the exhaust valve thing yet, was going to wait to see how it sounds first and play around with the various driving modes. I would have it in sport by default so I don't know what that means for the exhaust sound.

Craftsman
    Sport setting will open the exhaust valves so you get the full surround sound experience - only way to have it!

Master
    Blog Entries

I had one of these, wonderful cars.

Master
    I reckon an M5 we had with 20" alloys had that groove too Matt, and yes it was a PITA. I will get the car ceramic coated along with the wheels which should help somewhat. I am really really bad at washing cars.

Not looked into the exhaust valve thing yet, was going to wait to see how it sounds first and play around with the various driving modes. I would have it in sport by default so I don't know what that means for the exhaust sound.
    Sport should keep it nicely loud with the valves on the exhaust open when you are pushing on. I had a controller that also allowed you to turn off the ‘in car noise’, but actually preferred keeping it on - know lots disagree with it.

Always preferred the wider rear arches of the M3 I’ve the M4, seems a wasted opportunity for the 4 to have looked more mean.

Still think they look subtle yet aggressive on the road & when they appear in rear view mirrors. My 981 cayman doesn’t look half as angry as the BMW.

Look forward to more photos when you collect it.

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Probably posted before...my little brother's '41 Willys powered by a 502 c.i. Chevy Big Block. I'm hoping he'll let me drive it next month during my visit to Minneapolis. He has a collection of six classic muscle cars he stores in a rented commercial garage.

That’s gorgeous! Please post more pics of it and his collection when you can!

Thank you. Took an uncharacteristicaly early start on a sunny saturday to get a photo there!

Beautiful little place but always rammers on a sunny day eh!?

I used to live just down the road, so The Fox was a regular watering hole in my younger days.
    It has always been busy there on a sunny day, but I bet it is completely rammed nowadays.

That’s gorgeous! Please post more pics of it and his collection when you can!
    +1, that's lovely and bet the 502 / ~8 litre sounds awesome.