closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 165 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you drive?

Re: What do you drive?

Mainly ride my bicycle but when I'm back in the countryside drive a clio 182 trophy which is lots of fun.

I'd love an old mini, but I'm just a bit too tall, was dead set on one when I was younger though. Used to subscribe to all the mini magazines and even went to Mini in the park events. Great Fun!

Some lovely cars on here

Some lovely automobiles in this thread.

My daily driver is a Fiat Panda 100hp, I also have an old Mini Cooper but my pride and joy is this

Quote Originally Posted by therossatron

My daily driver is a Fiat Panda 100hp, I also have an old Mini Cooper but my pride and joy is this

Lovely 8)

The last 'pretty' Ferrari that's been built

Master

Bought this a few months ago as a stop gap 'til the summer. Quite pleased with it, drives nicer than my last car (M3) and has the RS4 steering wheel/seats/bose/sat nav etc so is well specced. Tempted to get it remapped though as could do with a bit more grunt :D

Craftsman

My latest arrival to help get through the winter :D

Master

Expecting deep flood waters when the snow melts in Staffordshire then eh :?: :?: :wink:

Banned

Ford transit van ex RAC ...a beast

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrBond
    Expecting deep flood waters when the snow melts in Staffordshire then eh :?: :?: :wink:
    :D got to be prepared, there could be atleast an inch of snow this year, wouldn't want to get stuck on my 2 mile commute. :lol:

But seriously, always fancied one and will be used as a general workhorse and something to put the bikes in.

Master

A Yeti 140 bhp 4 x 4 Diesel plus the odd BMW Bike

Master

The Yeti - anyone got one - what do you think

This is me:

Stock photo unfortunately as it's a recent purchase

Master

Quote Originally Posted by a13x
    But seriously, always fancied one and will be used as a general workhorse and something to put the bikes in.
    Can't fault ya, used to throw them around on Tac Comms Wg at Brize Norton and they just shrugged off anything we could throw at them :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrBond
    Quote Originally Posted by a13x
    Can't fault ya, used to throw them around on Tac Comms Wg at Brize Norton and they just shrugged off anything we could throw at them :wink:
    Even more fun in this environment below.

Master

Alpina D3 bi turbo - most fun you can have in a 5 seater 2 ltr diesel (40 mpg)

Master

Also late to thread but...

needs some bits sorting but currently garaged due to ruddy vandals :(

Delighted with this, Volvo V60 D3 R-Design. Went Swedish after 10 years of Audis, just fancied something a bit different. Looks great, drives great, safe, kid-friendly (and folk let you out at junctions, try that with a Beemer or Audi these days.... :wink: )

Delighted with this, Volvo V60 D3 R-Design. Went Swedish after 10 years of Audis, just fancied something a bit different. Looks great, drives great, excellent spec, quality, interior, safe, kid-friendly (and folk let you out at junctions, try that with a Beemer or Audi these days.... :wink: )

Craftsman

Daily driver is an E36 328i sport which is a fantastic all rounder but is unfortunately falling victim to tin worm and either needs moving on or fixing....tempted to fix it as it's a great fun car to drive.....
    Not as much fun as the weekend toy though, TVR Chimaera.

Journeyman

2 GTis , Mark2 16v Golf and T plate mark 4 1.8T, rather fond of them both

Master
    Right Behind You Laughing ! A proud Yorkshire man too :)

Shogun.. at Weekends Due to the size of my Tribe :lol:

& A Iveco Daily van by day " My Own Work Van "

Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI.

Lovingly restored. It's either destined for the garage over winter or it's going to make way for an Integra type R.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeseikos

Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI.

Lovingly restored. It's either destined for the garage over winter or it's going to make way for an Integra type R.
    That brings back fond memories of my red 205 gti (albeit a 1.6) sadly she passed away due to cam belt failure.....

Great car, and very few good 'ens about nowadays

Master
    Right Behind You Laughing ! A proud Yorkshire man too :)

Peugeot 205 1.9 GTI.

I went through a few of those BITD the 1.9 went like shit of a stick , 1.6 not so good..

Looks like you have done a great job fella :wink:

Thanks. It really is a great drivers car. Heres another pic.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by SPEEDY

I went through a few of those BITD the 1.9 went like shit of a stick , 1.6 not so good......
    ...nowt wrong with the 1.6 !! purists would say it was the better engine of the two...plus i couldn't get insurance on a 1.9 back in the day :(

Some people prefer the revvy nature of the 1.6 with a shorter ratio gearbox.

I, on the other hand, prefer the torqueier, longer geared, more powerful 1.9. Bit nicer on the motorway and generally suits my driving style better than the 1.6. :)

I, on the other hand, prefer the torqueier, longer geared, more powerful 1.9. Bit nicer on the motorway and generally suits my driving style better than the 1.6. :)
    106 Rallye 16V. Revs like crazy and it's got plenty of torque, too. God I miss it :(

These days, I drive a Scirocco R.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by El Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli77
    1972 Porsche 911 Targa
    1979 Ferrari 308 GTS

Both great fun!!!

Impeccable taste sir!

Exactly, fancy a swap for a 2004 Grand Cherokee Diesel? :mrgreen:

Representing the yoof of today! :lol:

My MG ZR.

Journeyman

BMW 540 here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SternG

106 Rallye 16V. Revs like crazy and it's got plenty of torque, too. God I miss it :(

These days, I drive a Scirocco R.
    Nice 106, pretty much the definition of a hot hatchback. Scirocco is great too, but I think big modern hatches sometimes don't provide the fun factor. :)

l8pgg

What do you drive?

A Vw van is mine

Had a 106gti in yellow many years ago as a company car, god it was wicked!

Welcome along Ross - is the fuel cheaper direct from Grangemouth?!

:D

lovely merc

Quote Originally Posted by GregR

haha, Fancy meeting you here :)

I cannot drive it more than 30 miles from Grangemouth unfortunately as there is nothing else that can feed it fuel as fast as it uses it.

As it happens security weren't to chuffed with me taking photos with the refinery in the background and called the cops on me!

I cannot drive it more than 30 miles from Grangemouth unfortunately as there is nothing else that can feed it fuel as fast as it uses it.

As it happens security weren't to chuffed with me taking photos with the refinery in the background and called the cops on me!
    I've read of that in the Falkirk Herald before. What a lot of nonsense, there are a lot better places to take pictures of this area, plus things like Google maps with street view. Most, not all, of these so called 'security guards' are a bunch of muppets. There was a rather loud Ferrari drove past my house last night, several miles west of this location, was that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho Panza

I've read of that in the Falkirk Herald before. What a lot of nonsense, there are a lot better places to take pictures of this area, plus things like Google maps with street view. Most, not all, of these so called 'security guards' are a bunch of muppets. There was a rather loud Ferrari drove past my house last night, several miles west of this location, was that you?
    Yeah the Police were very friendly and nice about the whole thing. They just chatted about the car and seemed to agree it was an extremely pointless policy. I thought the security guys could have used some common sense and discrection... I'll take it all back when I hear a report of terrorists scoping targets in red Ferraris.

Wasn't me last night though :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho Panza

Yeah the Police were very friendly and nice about the whole thing. They just chatted about the car and seemed to agree it was an extremely pointless policy. I thought the security guys could have used some common sense and discrection... I'll take it all back when I hear a report of terrorists scoping targets in red Ferraris.

Wasn't me last night though :)
    Xenia Onatopp drove just that car in Goldeneye IIRC. Maybe they confuse fiction and reality, and thought they might get a shag out of you.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Master

Now I'm daydreaming about F355 and Famke Janssen....

[/threadhijack]

Why did I get rid of my 635Csi.......because it did 8mpg :(

Quote Originally Posted by miniman1983
    Why did I get rid of my 635Csi.......because it did 8mpg :(
    That's worse than my RX8 managed. Have decided that to get what I want I need to have two vehicles these days.

Got an 07 Chrysler 300C Estate. This is really comfortable for the slog in the morning rush hour, excellent sound system, approx 30MPG, plenty of power for overtaking, room for the dogs and can tow.

Then I have got myself a Honda CBF 125 to get my biking skills up before buying a suitably dangerous death trap :twisted:

One day the second car will be a nice sports one, but that day is a long way off at present.

Nice to see another 100HP driver on the forum, they're not that common. Mine's sort of a daily driver, shared with SWMBO who walks to work most days unless she needs the car..

But I am fortunate in that I have the choice of others, this one has just been put away for the winter.. Complete indulgence, I can't bring myself to sell it as it is such a joy to drive.. we took it round Europe this summer and it did 3000 miles without missing a beat.

This one will mostly be the ride of choice over the winter thanks to 4WD.. they aren't that good in the snow though.

And this one is held back for the days when it is warm and dry and I really, really, need to get somewhere quickly. 5.4 litre V8 and <20MPG. You only live once.. :)

Cheers,

Plug

Zuke Samurai - best little car in the world :

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Plug

Nice to see another 100HP driver on the forum, they're not that common. Mine's sort of a daily driver, shared with SWMBO who walks to work most days unless she needs the car..

Looks great in blue. Mine's white and the previous owner had the whole interior retrimmed in red leather! Love it, great little car for scooting around town in. Has that cheeky factor that the old mini has.

Quote Originally Posted by AMB
    Whilst I'm looking around for my next watch purchase, I am also considering spending the money on a MK1 MX5 and supercharging it for some summer stupidity. Only issue is I've run out of space to keep it!
    I used to have a mx5 (not supercharged) and loved it.

Check out miata.net, as its an excellent resource

Just sold my 14 month old BMW X1 back to BMW and last night bought a 51 reg 1.2 Punto for use for the next 4 months. Got a TT Coupe black edition on order which isn't due till March so this is going to be my in between car.

Its a shock to the system but a cracking little motor! lol. Started first time this morning too and although it should have anyway, its nice to see that it did!

Some fantastic wheels in this thread.

Craftsman

Discovery 3 for everyday driving, and I built this little girl for the sunny days (so she hasnt seen an awful lot of use.........1500 miles in three years :roll: )

and since I finished this I'm trying to build a Defender.......now she really does have winter tyres!! :wink:

Journeyman

What do you drive?

BMW E46 330ci and Triumph Sprint ST (bike) here

Quote Originally Posted by miniman1983
    Quote Originally Posted by sibeer
    Then I have got myself a Honda CBF 125 to get my biking skills up before buying a suitably dangerous death trap :(
    Im in a similar boat, I bought a vespa 150 to get me used to two wheels and Im currently trying to resist a harley sportster and have it detuned to ride on a CBT.

The 635 was a dream machine, it was more often in sports mode and the kickdown used to put a smile on my face everywhere I went!

Now im in an Alfa 147 which still only gets 30mpg on a run, 2 MGB Roadsters, 2 MGBGT's, a mini, Triumph TR6, Moggy Minor conv & thats about it....for now.

My toy is a mk1 mx5 BBR Turbo (hence my username)... I say toy but I use it to get to work on occasion to get a chance to take it out. Great fun.