closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 128 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,400 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    No offence, but I would say the latter. This is Benefit In Kind, and a very low tax burden.
    Indeed, very low. I also opt out now so I can drive something fun. I’ve paid multiples of that for company cars in the past, even a 520d was something like £500 BIK. If you look at the equivalent hybrid now it is only £205, a bargain.

The low hybrid and even lower electric BIK is fantastic at the moment if it fits with your commute / lifestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Indeed, very low. I also opt out now so I can drive something fun. I’ve paid multiples of that for company cars in the past, even a 520d was something like £500 BIK. If you look at the equivalent hybrid now it is only £205, a bargain.

The low hybrid and even lower electric BIK is fantastic at the moment if it fits with your commute / lifestyle.

BIKs are low for leccy cars, but doesn’t mean the overall cost is low if you have a company car as a perk.

Some of these leccy cars like the Kia Niro would be £15k if you bought with a petrol engine, but they’re charging £40k for the leccy version. £40k for a Kia!

The high list price means that the leccy company car as a perk is still expensive.

Maybe different if a company car is essential for your job.

The base price for a Niro is £25,150 whilst the base for E Niro is £29,845 (after govt grant) so not much difference really.

BIK of 0% is still nothing though, whatever the original cost.

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    Gosh I’ve not had a company car for a long time, I take the cash instead. £120 a month in tax for an A class Merc to drive someone else’s car does not look like good value to me, but I may be well out of touch?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I’ve opted out so that I can choose my own car but I have to get it serviced, insured, taxed and take the depreciation hit. So in the grand scheme of things £120 is no money at all for hassle and worry free driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    The base price for a Niro is £25,150 whilst the base for E Niro is £29,845 (after govt grant) so not much difference really.

BIK of 0% is still nothing though, whatever the original cost.
    Take your point, but it looks like they only make a hybrid or electric. Or I can’t see a petrol engine, but happy to stand corrected.

If you want the large range it is nearer £35k with grant. Equivalent petrol cars would be not much more than £15k.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Take your point, but it looks like they only make a hybrid or electric. Or I can’t see a petrol engine, but happy to stand corrected.

If you want the large range it is nearer £35k with grant. Equivalent petrol cars would be not much more than £15k.
    But even then the BIK is still 0%. I guess it depends on the levels of car you can have at certain grades as you the validity.

I know some who took salary sacrifice to upgrade the car to a premium EV and still works out better than the taxes they were paying on BIK and salary.

Craftsman
    I forgot to post on here - out of practice since I seldom change cars.

I chopped in my X250 XF-S saloon at the end of the summer for this one.

Rather pleased with it too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    But even then the BIK is still 0%. I guess it depends on the levels of car you can have at certain grades as you the validity.

I know some who took salary sacrifice to upgrade the car to a premium EV and still works out better than the taxes they were paying on BIK and salary.

The car scheme where I work is quite limited however as an example I’m sure the top spec diesel 1 series costs only a bit less after BIK tax than the 330e (this involves further salary sacrifice to get up the tiers as such but a much lower BIK tax burden).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Just taken delivery of a new Audi.

Hope that was from a private seller not a dealer. If the latter the wheels haven't been touched with anything resembling cleaning. Looks like years worth of brake dust.

Master
    290Bhp of crazy fun!
    probably won't get another on though

Blog Entries

What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    290Bhp of crazy fun!
    probably won't get another on though
    Why ?
    Recently, I was looking at the new 300bhp 4WD version.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 5th January 2021 at 13:33.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Hope that was from a private seller not a dealer. If the latter the wheels haven't been touched with anything resembling cleaning. Looks like years worth of brake dust.
    It’s the design, I think, coupled with difficult lighting. I suspect they’re in very good condition.

Picked up my Tesla Model 3 Performance on NYE, what a car!

As most of you who know me will know, I’m a massive petrol head, but this thing blew me away!

Tax efficient and BIK free also helps ;-)

You can have one in any colour has long as it’s white

Pick this up last week!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by series5 View Post

That’s a lovely looking thing, I do like a stealthy estate.

I recently decided to take some money out of cars and pay off a chunk of mortgage - daily was a Range Rover sport which I just didn’t really get on with and not really doing any driving anymore.

Now have an old rusty Alpina and an Alfa 159 wagon. Both were the cheapest examples of their kind in the country and while I love them both I do hanker after something newer occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyhands View Post
    Pick this up last week!

I know that Porsche stripped some weight from it however... congrats!

Master
    Pick this up last week!
    That really is outstanding
    Colour and alloys are fantastic.

Pick this up last week!
    Very nice!
    did you get an allocation from an OPC without any issue?

Nice GT4, is it PDK?

I returned my deposit in early 2020 after having a change of direction when it came to cars.

I thought the A Class a few posts up was nice but that Porsche and Tesla are fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    Very nice!
    did you get an allocation from an OPC without any issue?
    Yeah, I think I just got lucky. I know they're easier to get than the 981s but still fairly hard for a first time customer.
    Nah, not a PDK, was meant to come before Christmas (and a potential no-deal Brexit) but there were a few issues with it hence the late delivery.
    It's at the detailers but will take some proper photos soon.
    For anyone who's interested, the main highlights are:
    Clubsport pack
    Light weight bucket seats
    PCCBs

Then all the other stuff you have to option, which you'd find standard on a bog standard Golf.....

Only other pic I have!

Yeah, I think I just got lucky. I know they're easier to get than the 981s but still fairly hard for a first time customer.
    Nah, not a PDK, was meant to come before Christmas (and a potential no-deal Brexit) but there were a few issues with it hence the late delivery.
    Clubsport pack
    PCCBs

Then all the other stuff you have to option, which you'd find standard on a bog standard Golf.....

Only other pic I have!
    But will it fit into your skinny garage?!

Looks stunning mate.

Picked up this Aston Martin Rapide two weeks ago.

I know it's not a popular Aston but it suits me with its 4 seats and has a great soundtrack with the V12.Attachment 18696

Sent from my SM-G975F using TZ-UK mobile app

My favourite looking 4 seater! Lovely car.

Quote Originally Posted by series5 View Post

This looks great. If my 159 sport wagon gives up the ghost, this will certainly be in the short list.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Gosh I’ve not had a company car for a long time, I take the cash instead. £120 a month in tax for an A class Merc to drive someone else’s car does not look like good value to me, but I may be well out of touch?

Hmmmm

Brand new.

£120 a month.

Plugs in at work so 30 miles a day for free.

No insurance, road tax, roadside, tyres or servicing to pay for.

Thought it was a pretty good deal to me. Can’t buy a new car that doesn’t depreciate by £120 a month AFAIK, before you add the costs in!

Happy to be shown a better way though??? Anybody???

£120 a month for a new car - I think it’s extremely good.
    It's just a matter of time...

Sounds ridiculously cheap to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Hmmmm

Brand new.

£120 a month.

Plugs in at work so 30 miles a day for free.

No insurance, road tax, roadside, tyres or servicing to pay for.

Thought it was a pretty good deal to me. Can’t buy a new car that doesn’t depreciate by £120 a month AFAIK, before you add the costs in!

Happy to be shown a better way though??? Anybody???
    Yes I see the angle you are taking this from £1440 a year for a car. However what if you took car allowance instead? Say at nomonal £6500 per annum, assuming you are on 40% tax that’s £325 per month. Now add on the fact you are paying £120 out of your own pocket a month that gives you £445 per month.

Would be interesting to see what you could get for that.

When you are young and insurance is high constant cars always seem like a good idea however I think as you get older they just look like a tax burden to me. That’s of course unless you get a fully electric one with very low BIK. That’s a whole different story and why my office car park is full of Tesla’s and Etrons.

The allowance given varies widely from employer to employer, the £6500 you’ve quoted I would regard as a very generous allowance.

£120 a month for a car, provided you are happy with it I would regard as a bargain. Aren’t most of these lease/pcp deals around £4K a year?

Craftsman
    Yes I see the angle you are taking this from £1440 a year for a car. However what if you took car allowance instead? Say at nomonal £6500 per annum, assuming you are on 40% tax that’s £325 per month. Now add on the fact you are paying £120 out of your own pocket a month that gives you £445 per month.

When you are young and insurance is high constant cars always seem like a good idea however I think as you get older they just look like a tax burden to me. That’s of course unless you get a fully electric one with very low BIK. That’s a whole different story and why my office car park is full of Tesla’s and Etrons.

This is a very good point.

I joined company car scheme when I was a grad, because I could get a brand new Range Rover Evoque for 'only' £180 per month. However real cost of that was more like £450 a month and then when I went into 40% tax bracket it went higher again to over £500. It's still not terrible if you factor in the servicing and maintenance costs, but it was a 4 year commitment.

If you want a brand new car, a car scheme is generally a good way of doing it. However you could just as easily take a low interest loan for £15-20k and buy second-hand. At £20k that's £430 a month plus insurance and running costs - but you can choose whichever car you like, keep it for as long or as short a time as you desire, and sell it getting some cash back at any time. Even if you sold for £10k after 4 years, it has only cost you about £220 a month plus insurance and running costs over that period.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Master
    I have had £8k allowance in my last few companies, the current one was only £5k so a bit of a shock!

If driven new & uninsurable cars when younger via flexible co-car schemes, but for the last decade or more went for allowance & second hand & interesting, company pay for the car in a few years, sell it & use as deposit for next car, that the allowance then pays for. Rinse & repeat.

Only recently has it meant I have a 981 GTS, but have slummed my way through MX5, S2000, Z4C x 2, JCW x 2, Z4M & M4 among others, hardly a hardship - but some companies have age / seat criteria...I always assure them I have access to a 5 seater if required & hire it when needed. It has never been needed.

Master
    Bought a Nardo Grey RS6 Performance over Christmas, so far it's doing great work on the 1 mile Nursery run twice a day. 600bhp is slight overkill for the journey, but it's a nice place to be each morning.

Master
    Bought a Nardo Grey RS6 Performance over Christmas, so far it's doing great work on the 1 mile Nursery run twice a day. 600bhp is slight overkill for the journey, but it's a nice place to be each morning.
    Lovely colour, and never too many horses just to be safe!

So need pics of that

Craftsman

My top spec Toyota CHR roughly costs me about £400 a month as you’ve explained.

Unlimited mileage, all maintenance, servicing, tax and insurance (plus 3 other people covered) for that price is a very good deal IMO.

At work they have introduced electric cars on each band of the allowance, I’m about half way down the grades at present, in-between an Insignia and a 3 series. I think my salary sacrifice is roughly £6k, they have the new plug in mini on the £3k band which is a massive bargain, not sure about the range on that mind. Have 18 months before I’m due an upgrade so I won’t worry for now.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

It’s a hybrid.

The £120 a month is my BIK, I’m not paying for the car that is what I pay in tax..........

Great choice! That was the original colour of mine before an Audi factory respray at point of order. See post 6080 in this thread. The thing that always amazes me about these cars is not just the performance (acceleration, top speed etc) but the handling; it belies their size and weight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    So need pics of that

Been looking for 6mths for one with all the options, snapped this for asking price day it went on sale. So many of them are poverty spec or they spent it all on the stupidly expensive £6k Bose Surround upgrade, you get normal Bose as standard or they’ve done over 50,000miles in 2 years etc.

Performance Pack - extra 50bhp and model specific alloys
    Dynamic Pack - better suspension
    Panoramic roof
    Head up display
    It was the 4 above in combo I wanted with Nardo, like rocking horse poo to find.

Bonus options:
    Heated Rear seats
    Convenience pack (lots of electronic goodies, and boot fixings and side blinds for the kids)
    Parking Pack (apparently it can self reverse park but not worked out how yet)
    Assistance Pack (lots of safety features for motorways and advanced cruise control etc etc)
    and lowish mileage too as a bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    It’s a hybrid.

The £120 a month is my BIK, I’m not paying for the car that is what I pay in tax..........
    I understand it’s a hybrid I’m not questioning that.

What I’m questioning and it’s not directed at you as such is why people still have company cars when the BIK is so high on them.

If you agree or not it still costs to have a company car. Unless you go full on electric which really is a good choice for some, not my bag prefer an Internal combustion engine myself.

Enjoy your merc nice car!

When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Wow.
    What a looker. Very classy too.

Blog Entries
    Is that from Tom Blackmore / Divine Automotive?The garage looks familiar

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Why ?
    Recently, I was looking at the new 300bhp 4WD version.

z
    It's the every day bits that bug me, the touch screen is a pain, it has too few buttons, the cup holders won't hold 2 cups, the boot space is tiny, the rear room is bad. So many little things that add up to a bad experience.
    On the rare occasion I want to go hooning it's great, but very infrequent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    Is that from Tom Blackmore / Divine Automotive?The garage looks familiar
    He just detailed it for me on arrival. Bought from a garage in Surrey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Loving the RS6!
    The car with the longest name I've ever had was Audi A6 Avant S-Line Black Edition TDI Ultra...
    Great car and very well specced, but no RS6.
    It's also the longest car I've ever owned and is actually longer than a standard UK parking space, 4.95m vs 4.8m if my memory serves me well.
    Enjoy! (When you can)

I've just driven an AMG GT63s (1st Edition) for the first time. It is surprisingly easy to drive pootling round town in comfort mode and is very civilised. Floor it in sport+ and it is brutally fast. I've never really experienced g-force like that before under acceleration. Intoxicating.

Clubsport pack
    PCCBs

Only other pic I have!
    Porsche Bristol had my deposit held for a 718 Spyder.......yesterday I asked for the deposit back and I’ve forgotten about getting the car.....they had held my £3000 deposit since November 2019 yet still had no allocation/ build slot for the car.
    I expected a wait but not that long- another irritation was they never once ever had the courtesy to even contact me with any updates etc- nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    Porsche Bristol had my deposit held for a 718 Spyder.......yesterday I asked for the deposit back and I’ve forgotten about getting the car.....they had held my £3000 deposit since November 2019 yet still had no allocation/ build slot for the car.
    I expected a wait but not that long- another irritation was they never once ever had the courtesy to even contact me with any updates etc- nothing!
    That’s very disappointing.

I can understand Covid presenting a number of issues for production and delivery, but no excuse for the dealer not keeping you informed - who do they think they are, a Rolex AD ;)

Have you picked out an alternative?
    It's just a matter of time...