closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 127 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,350 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Well the CR-Z has gone. 40 months of trouble free and cheap motoring. Traded in for an 8th gen Civic with something new to me - a panoramic sunroof. Planning on running it for at least 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor79 View Post
    GR Yaris joining the fold in March.
    Did you go for the full fat, track spec version?

Master
    Circuit pack in pure white. Tempted to wrap it.......

Pic courtesy of another future owner.
    And OZ Racing alloys.
    Any discounts available on these?

Master
    ^^^^^Not that I am aware. But waiting list out to Autumn 2021 currently.
    Ah ok. Ta.

Circuit pack in pure white. Tempted to wrap it.......
    And OZ Racing alloys.
    Woah. That wouldn’t just be ‘full fat’; that would be the equivalent to soaking it in lard then deep fat frying it!

These might well turn into the 2020s version of a blue Impreza with gold wheels and 555 stickers.

Went for a bit of fresh air and v8 rumble today

Indeed, for good or bad?

For you, Skyman, it will be perfect.

Master
    GR Yaris joining the fold in March. Super excited by the idea.
    In addition to the G wagon or instead of?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    In addition to the G wagon or instead of?
    Trevor79's posts seem to have disappeared.....
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Trevor79's posts seem to have disappeared.....
    Ah well back to Pistonheads.....🤪😈

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Ah well back to Pistonheads.....浪
    At least he's not piston broke.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lowndes View Post
    Both yours?

Oh wow

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Both yours?

The GT3 is new to the fleet, then? I know you've posted the CGT before however I think that's a first showing for the Vader spec 911.

Tesla Model 3 currently, I have a Polestar 2 due to replace it in about a months time.
    |https://thumbsnap.com/a47hXJKe

Master

Superb!! 👍

Journeyman

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by greggy50 View Post
    Tesla Model 3 currently, I have a Polestar 2 due to replace it in about a months time.
    |https://thumbsnap.com/a47hXJKe
    I will be fascinated by how you get on....these are on my short list - plus a second hand IPace

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalMass View Post
    I will be fascinated by how you get on....these are on my short list - plus a second hand IPace
    Polestar or the Model 3?

The Model 3 is quick and drives great but some areas let it down a bit for me. I will be writing up a comparison between the two when my Polestar arrives.

Craftsman
    I'm the same, will be going electric in next 12 months and shortlist is identical! Model 3 the favourite at the moment due to mixture of price and tech.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I’ll get my coat.........

I would add in nearly 40 years of motoring nothing has turned my stomach like this.

Blog Entries
    Drive both and you will make your mind up in 400 yds...... well I did.

Pitch

Journeyman
    Been a big fan of the Carerra GT since the concept pics.... What a machine.

Still looks just as good as it always has.

Very nice.

Sent from my XQ-AS52 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I'm the same, will be going electric in next 12 months and shortlist is identical! Model 3 the favourite at the moment due to mixture of price and tech.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I like the Model 3 but have some issues with mine which are as follows:

1) Interior Quality and Panal Gaps - They are not good enough for a £50k car. Its nots a major issue for me personally but if you come out of say a new 3 series or A4 it's noticeably cheaper feeling.
    2) Seats - They are comfy enough but lack support considering its supposed to be a sporty car.
    3) Lack of Speedo - The fact you only have a central screen is annoying, I have had the car a few months and it still annoys me when other cars have a seperate screen and most heads up display.
    4) Windscreen Wipers - They is no stalk and you have to use the screen which is annoying. The auto-wiper calibration is useless as well.
    5) Headlamps - Auto-High beam is a waste of time as its very laggy and the standard beam is poor compared to similar cars I have driven.
    6) Door Shuts - They get filthy very quickly, I have never known a car like it.
    7) Phone App (Android) - Its very hit and miss and 1/3 times the car won't unlock and I end up using the keycard.

Positives are the performance, range, central screen features and that it handles decently considering the weight. If you aren't massively into cars then the straight line speed is a great selling point however you will have far more fun in something with an actual engine and a manual gearbox if not as the novelty soon wears off.

For me I have gone for a Polestar as the interior is leagues ahead and I prefer the styling and the performance is similar to a LR M3 albeit with a bit less range. As a package for a daily driver it seems a lot better to me but I am aware saying anything bad about a Tesla never goes down well...

Blog Entries
    How very dare you sir. Preposterous.

LOL

Pitch

My new weekend toy has arrived! Might have to leave it if we get another dump of snow this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    My new weekend toy has arrived! Might have to leave it if we get another dump of snow this weekend!

Very cool, I’m interested to have a go in one when they’re more readily available.

A snowy collection would be a great test for it!

Look forward to reading your review.....the GR is supposed to be one of the best hot hatches released in the last 10 years.

Sent from my HD1903 using TZ-UK mobile app

My new weekend toy has arrived!
    Aha. Now then, is your one full track spec?

What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    Aha. Now then, is your one full track spec?
    It has the circuit pack. (Slip diff and better wheels/tyres/callipers ). :)

The carbon fibre roof (which is standard) looks well too.

Last edited by Gavbaz; 31st December 2020 at 07:21.

Wow - The CGT is an incredible machine. One of the most exciting cars I've every been in.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice one - should be a lot of fun.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

My dream car, absolutely adore the CGT for what it is against the newer hypercars with their silly looks and power trains.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Pick up my new company car today. £120 a month company car tax, A250e plug in Hybrid

Silver A class, as vanilla as possible, but it was this or a black one which in winter will just look dirty all the time.

Will be interested to see how it is for my commute, as I can charge for free at work and should get 30miles.

Downside is that the petrol engine is a bit thirsty (sub 40mpg compared to the 60+ I’ve been getting from my CLA Diesel) but the company car tax is a lot less than the £380 I’m paying at the mo!

And whilst I can’t go out for new year, I can have a disco in my car!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Pick up my new company car today. £120 a month company car tax, A250e plug in Hybrid

Silver A class, as vanilla as possible, but it was this or a black one which in winter will just look dirty all the time.

Will be interested to see how it is for my commute, as I can charge for free at work and should get 30miles.

Downside is that the petrol engine is a bit thirsty (sub 40mpg compared to the 60+ I’ve been getting from my CLA Diesel) but the company car tax is a lot less than the £380 I’m paying at the mo!

Interesting Ricky. Disco inferno indeed!!

Took the long way to Tesco earlier today, roof off with frost still on the ground.

Road conditions dictated a more leisurely drive than what may have been but it didn't matter, it didn't matter one jot.

The Long Way To Tesco

A perfect road for a Lotus!

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Took the long way to Tesco earlier today, roof off with frost still on the ground.

Road conditions dictated a more leisurely drive than what may have been but it didn't matter, it didn't matter one jot.

The Long Way To Tesco
    It must of been tempting to give it the beans down there ,but there’s alot of trees to bounce off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    A perfect road for a Lotus!
    It took me at least 90min to get to the supermarket, there are a few decent roads my way. It's no Scotland though, I'd be out all day for the shopping if I lived up there!

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    It must of been tempting to give it the beans down there ,but there’s alot of trees to bounce off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too cold and too greasy to give it a proper tickle, that and a few horse riders about as well. The wind chill was bad enough as it was anyway

Nice, the interior in these is leagues ahead of the A3 and 1 series in my opinion. I very nearly went for a CLA250e as my next company car but by the time I paid the upgrade cost to a Polestar the BIK saving paid for all of apart from £20 so did that instead.

You will find the battery range improves a lot when the weather picks up as electric cars don't like the cold at all...

That looks lovely and the £120 tax is a dream even if it's more thirsty. At least you can get cashback and Shell points on the petrol.

Craftsman

Saloon or hatch? Seen a few of the e’s in the saloon model. Really like the small saloon trend.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by greggy50 View Post
    Nice, the interior in these is leagues ahead of the A3 and 1 series in my opinion. I very nearly went for a CLA250e as my next company car but by the time I paid the upgrade cost to a Polestar the BIK saving paid for all of apart from £20 so did that instead.

You will find the battery range improves a lot when the weather picks up as electric cars don't like the cold at all...
    The 0/1/2% BIK is certainly a game changer.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    The 0/1/2% BIK is certainly a game changer.
    It is a game changer but revenue aren’t the quickest at recognising it I’m still being charged for my taycan and my fd is being charged for her ipace which she has owned for over a year

Quote Originally Posted by Matdaytona View Post
    It is a game changer but revenue aren’t the quickest at recognising it I’m still being charged for my taycan and my fd is being charged for her ipace which she has owned for over a year
    I always call to add a company car and log into the gov gateway to remove one. Can't wait around for them to do it.

You can do it instantly on the goverment gateway I have had about 6 cars this tax year and it only takes a few minutes to do.

Craftsman
    I have colleagues who sat on it and then got stung, I dropped a 5 min call to the revenue and it was sorted by the next payroll period.

My advice would always be to ring them on day 1.

Gosh I’ve not had a company car for a long time, I take the cash instead. £120 a month in tax for an A class Merc to drive someone else’s car does not look like good value to me, but I may be well out of touch?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    Gosh I’ve not had a company car for a long time, I take the cash instead. £120 a month in tax for an A class Merc to drive someone else’s car does not look like good value to me, but I may be well out of touch?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

No offence, but I would say the latter. This is Benefit In Kind, and a very low tax burden.