closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 124 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,200 of 6921

Thread: What do you drive?

  1. #6151
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Small in budget and stature, but such fun that I honestly haven't had a cheesy grin like this since I got my licence 35 years ago.

    Mrs RJM got one of the Cooper S Sport models in March. I drove it quite “Spiritedly” for the first time recently and it’s the perfect antidote to the luxury German Diesel sluggers i drive day in/day out. Unfortunately Mrs RJM didn’t appreciate my driving style and banned me from hers....


    So I ordered one on Tuesday, it arrives next Wednesday....... Red with black roof and mirrors plus black leather.

    Initially on a 6 month lease, with an option to extend.

    So I’ve now got an E class company car, a Boxster and a Mini on its way....


    You only live once!

  2. #6152
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,584
    Today was an excellent day off work...


  3. #6153
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,185
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Today was an excellent day off work...

    Should've taken the Capri - more room in the boot...

    z

  4. #6154
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Mrs RJM got one of the Cooper S Sport models in March. I drove it quite “Spiritedly” for the first time recently and it’s the perfect antidote to the luxury German Diesel sluggers i drive day in/day out. Unfortunately Mrs RJM didn’t appreciate my driving style and banned me from hers....


    So I ordered one on Tuesday, it arrives next Wednesday....... Red with black roof and mirrors plus black leather.

    Initially on a 6 month lease, with an option to extend.

    So I’ve now got an E class company car, a Boxster and a Mini on its way....


    You only live once!
    I’ve had a Cooper S Exclusive for about 2 months now and it is excellent, the Exclusive has the leather interior and other bits and pieces, I also went for the DCT gearbox which is the same as in my F80 M3 and is superb. Went for white silver with black roof/mirrors. I actually enjoy driving this and Ime sure you will be the same.

    Last edited by bobdog; 25th September 2020 at 17:48.

  5. #6155
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Should've taken the Capri Discovery 4 with the seats folded flat - more room in the boot...

    z
    FTFY mate!

  6. #6156
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Today was an excellent day off work...

    When did you get that, why didnít I know and how come I havenít seen it yet 🤪

  7. #6157
    Master zelig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cherrytown, Glos, UK
    Posts
    8,185
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    FTFY mate!
    Good point. Iíd forgotten you have the disco too.

    z

  8. #6158
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by b11ocx View Post
    When did you get that, why didnít I know and how come I havenít seen it yet 🤪
    Had it 10+ years mate. It was the Father-in-laws from new. Itís great.

  9. #6159
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Had it 10+ years mate. It was the Father-in-laws from new. Itís great.
    We should have a spin out sometime on a nice weekend

  10. #6160
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by b11ocx View Post
    We should have a spin out sometime on a nice weekend
    Have you got one too? Or are you just flirting with me?

    Join the vGTG next Thursday if you are free mate

  11. #6161
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Have you got one too? Or are you just flirting with me?

    Join the vGTG next Thursday if you are free mate
    Donít have a Lotus, but Din have a 1990 Ferrari and a 1985 Merc SL

  12. #6162
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by b11ocx View Post
    Donít have a Lotus, but Din have a 1990 Ferrari and a 1985 Merc SL
    Photos of the Ferrari and the SL please!

  13. #6163
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Photos of the Ferrari and the SL please!
    Will do tomorrow... they are my pride and joys, particularly the Merc !

  14. #6164
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    Iíve had a Cooper S Exclusive for about 2 months now and it is excellent, the Exclusive has the leather interior and other bits and pieces, I also went for the DCT gearbox which is the same as in my F80 M3 and is superb. Went for white silver with black roof/mirrors. I actually enjoy driving this and Ime sure you will be the same.

    Awesome


    Love mine, I got a CLA company car on Tuesday to replace the E class, Iíve driven it once but Iíve been in the mini every day. Iím planning on getting up early tomorrow and setting off to work an hour early to go for a blast......






  15. #6165
    Love mine



    Last edited by awright101; 3rd October 2020 at 21:46.

  16. #6166
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Awesome


    Love mine, I got a CLA company car on Tuesday to replace the E class, Iíve driven it once but Iíve been in the mini every day. Iím planning on getting up early tomorrow and setting off to work an hour early to go for a blast......





    Superb, love the red, a proper Mini colour, such a fun car, brilliant round the town and country lanes, you will have a ball.

  17. #6167
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    4,295
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Same colour mine was. Hoot to drive, made me feel 17 again! Especially the race exhaust.

    unfortunately my back and legs disagreed after 45mins in it, so had to go.

  18. #6168
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,454
    Macan goes tomorrow to be replaced with this. Sensible head has kicked in, 3 kids and a big dog made the Macan impractical, and the performance made it a penalty point generating machine.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  19. #6169
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Macan goes tomorrow to be replaced with this. Sensible head has kicked in, 3 kids and a big dog made the Macan impractical, and the performance made it a penalty point generating machine.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    These are great cars! Range Rover spec without the price tag!! Sensible choice! Enjoy it!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #6170
    Craftsman DigitalSeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Same colour mine was. Hoot to drive, made me feel 17 again! Especially the race exhaust.

    unfortunately my back and legs disagreed after 45mins in it, so had to go.
    Absolutely love this model! What year was it?



    S

  21. #6171
    Our second car arrived finally! Really like it (A250 AMG). Chopped in my C43 AMG coupe, and replaced the drowned and written off A6 avant (ask my wife) with this and a 3L supercharged F Pace. So far pleased with the choices (although will miss the C43 in sport +).


  22. #6172
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    These are great cars! Range Rover spec without the price tag!! Sensible choice! Enjoy it!

    Maybe not the Range Rover price tag per se, however still way too pricey for what you get IMO... especially with the amount of issues you seem to get with Volvos nowadays

  23. #6173
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Cool little car that.
    Looked at one a while back but was pricey for a mini.
    Great colour

  24. #6174
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Macan goes tomorrow to be replaced with this. Sensible head has kicked in, 3 kids and a big dog made the Macan impractical, and the performance made it a penalty point generating machine.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Much nicer looking than a Macan IMO.

  25. #6175
    Cut the 599 loose and replaced it with this...


  26. #6176
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    4,881
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Cut the 599 loose and replaced it with this...

    Lovely. Need more photos...

  27. #6177
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Cut the 599 loose and replaced it with this...

    Lovely! And with one of my favourite pubs in the background.

  28. #6178
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Cut the 599 loose and replaced it with this...

    Great color choice as well

    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

  29. #6179
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,454
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Cut the 599 loose and replaced it with this...

    That is gorgeous.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  30. #6180
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    3,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Adge View Post
    Maybe not the Range Rover price tag per se, however still way too pricey for what you get IMO... especially with the amount of issues you seem to get with Volvos nowadays
    Sadly JLR still have big reliability problems, will never have one again. Top 3 least reliable SUVs in WC ranking. XC90 a reasonable cost white good

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  31. #6181
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Cut the 599 loose and replaced it with this...

    Lovely. Gearbox is light years ahead.

    Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

  32. #6182
    Craftsman Blackhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Albans, Hertfordshire, UK
    Posts
    390

    What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Today was an excellent day off work...

    Nice car. This brings back memories, I used to have an M100 in the exact same colour. Still rates as one of the best handling cars Iííí have ever owned.


    Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

  33. #6183
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,584
    Yep, she does like corners!

  34. #6184
    Master Alex L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Northants
    Posts
    1,173
    Lovely 458, Iíd love a spider in Giallo. The only modern super car I hanker after.

  35. #6185
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    4,295
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSeb View Post
    Absolutely love this model! What year was it?



    S




    66 reg,my first ever non company brand new car. Ticked pretty much every option including the exhaust, was so much fun.

    Had it 2yrs and 30k miles before traded for the M4, which I never enjoyed half as much.

  36. #6186
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post




    66 reg,my first ever non company brand new car. Ticked pretty much every option including the exhaust, was so much fun.

    Had it 2yrs and 30k miles before traded for the M4, which I never enjoyed half as much.

    Agreed. Had a test drive in a Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio yesterday. Didnít help that it was wet so I couldnít give it any beans but when I jumped back in the JCW on the way home it just seemed more fun.

    Mind you the sound in Dynamic mode was epic. I wasnít brave enough to try race mode which turned off all the aids

    Andy

  37. #6187
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wigan, Lancs
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Love mine



    Gotta love a JCW.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #6188
    Master mindforge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Macan goes tomorrow to be replaced with this. Sensible head has kicked in, 3 kids and a big dog made the Macan impractical, and the performance made it a penalty point generating machine.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I recently got the T8 xc90 and love it.

  39. #6189
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    4,295
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Agreed. Had a test drive in a Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio yesterday. Didnít help that it was wet so I couldnít give it any beans but when I jumped back in the JCW on the way home it just seemed more fun.

    Mind you the sound in Dynamic mode was epic. I wasnít brave enough to try race mode which turned off all the aids

    Andy
    Know what you mean. Iíd wanted an M3 V8 for years & decided to go down the M4 turbo route. Epic power, but always felt it wasnít planted & the only car Iíve commented about crashing when pushing on.

    Cayman GTS ticks so many boxes for me & itís a great drive, still miss being able to drive more revs across more gears in the JCW without being at stupid speeds.

    Do wonder if my next car needs to handling and lower speed. But then will miss the ability to overtake whenever I need to without issue.

  40. #6190
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Know what you mean. Iíd wanted an M3 V8 for years & decided to go down the M4 turbo route. Epic power, but always felt it wasnít planted & the only car Iíve commented about crashing when pushing on.

    Cayman GTS ticks so many boxes for me & itís a great drive, still miss being able to drive more revs across more gears in the JCW without being at stupid speeds.

    Do wonder if my next car needs to handling and lower speed. But then will miss the ability to overtake whenever I need to without issue.
    Your right. My mate gave up his M4 to a JCW and said the mini was just more fun and the only fun he could get out of the M4 was at warp speed. Itís so fast that your going at illegal speeds in no time. That said weíve just popped into town in the Mini and the wife was moaning about the hard ride and bobbing up and down hahaha

  41. #6191
    Master westy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Stafford
    Posts
    2,194
    Well, the Macan is back at the OPC for a water ingress issue related to the sunroof.
    God knows what they're up to as they had it since Monday, but that means I've been driving around in this all week.







    I think it looks great, is a decent spec, goes well and the handling/balance is way beyond my ability to explore especially in the cold and damp weather at the moment.
    But would I buy one?
    Nope.
    Because the engine sounds absolutely horrible, even with the sports exhaust turned on.
    Perhaps it just me, I find it a really harsh, brash mechanical thrashing noise, shame really.
    Anyway, where's my blooming Macan! :(

  42. #6192
    Time to take this thread down a few notches. This old girl has just turned 20 and flew through itís MOT with no advisories. Th MOT tester said it still had loads of life in it, and will run for many more years if we want it to.



    Who buys such a fugly car I hear you ask. Well, my wifeís grandmother bought the car new when she was 75, 20 years ago. She ran it for 10 years and then gave it to my wife. Itís just been our second car runabout ever since. Never goes more than a few miles for home.

    We know it was faultless for the first 10 years, and in the last 10 years all we have had to replace (beyond very cheap consumables) is the water pump. No rust anywhere. Itís basically a Jap car with a Vauxhall badge and engine, hence why itís lasted so long. Currently on 52k miles.

    I treat it to a £50 oil and filter change every year, a £6 air filter every 2-3 years, turkey baste the brakes reservoir every couple of years, and change the spark plugs every 5 years or longer. Coolant was changed when the water pump was done, so never have to do that again. Thatís all the maintenance it gets, and all that it needs to plod on.

    After this blip, Iím sure normal service will resume with your high end beemers, porkers and audis.

  43. #6193
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    4,042
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Well, the Macan is back at the OPC for a water ingress issue related to the sunroof.
    God knows what they're up to as they had it since Monday, but that means I've been driving around in this all week.







    I think it looks great, is a decent spec, goes well and the handling/balance is way beyond my ability to explore especially in the cold and damp weather at the moment.
    But would I buy one?
    Nope.
    Because the engine sounds absolutely horrible, even with the sports exhaust turned on.
    Perhaps it just me, I find it a really harsh, brash mechanical thrashing noise, shame really.
    Anyway, where's my blooming Macan! :(
    My neighbour has just bough a brand new 911, it sounds terrible, like a washing machine gone wrong. I am really disappointed TBH, I was hoping, as it is quite noisy when he starts it, that it would sound nice. The previous neighbour had a V8 M3, that sounded good.

    I have decided to go bangernomics(ish): I am annoyed at paying 100s of pounds a month for my BMW 140i (which sounds a million times better than next door's Porsche!) which basically since Covid sits on the drive. To replace it coincidentally I have also just bought a 3L flat 6, only mine sounds nice:



    Sad to see the the 140i I go and if things revert to normality I'd get another in a trice.

    TBH I was a bit unsure I was doing the right thing but I loved the drive back from picking it up (the steering is way nicer than the BMW).

    Her indoors was completely against the plan but took her for out for a drive in it tonight and she had to concede for the money it is a lovely thing.

    I don't expect to own it that long but we'll see.

  44. #6194
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    6,584
    ^^^^ love the Spec B. I approve!

    Mine says hello

    Last edited by Kirk280; 17th October 2020 at 23:15.

  45. #6195
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    38,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    ^^^^ love the Spec B. I approve!
    +1, sleeper car on steroids!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  46. #6196
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mid Glamorgan
    Posts
    4,635
    Well I picked up this little red rocket on Tuesday. The 240 mile drive home was an absolute Joy when I hit North Wales and got off the motorways.

  47. #6197
    Master vagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here and There....
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Well I picked up this little red rocket on Tuesday. The 240 mile drive home was an absolute Joy when I hit North Wales and got off the motorways.
    That looks great fun - and I'm glad you went for the more practical (and by no means less enjoyable) option than the the IQ.

  48. #6198
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mid Glamorgan
    Posts
    4,635
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    That looks great fun - and I'm glad you went for the more practical (and by no means less enjoyable) option than the the IQ.
    I took my boy to school in it yesterday (itís only a ten minute walk which is what we usually do) and as soon as he got in and saw the red and black striped seats he declared he loved it.

  49. #6199
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    Cut the 599 loose and replaced it with this...

    What a machine

  50. #6200
    Grand Master GraniteQuarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    27,327
    Thought I'd treat myself to something for my upcoming 50th!



    Takes me back to 1985, and no doubt some A&E visits beckon.

    It's a Colony Sweet Tooth if anyone's wondering, and justified in my head as my son can have it in a few years

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information