closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 121 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,050 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    Turning circle is phenomenal , oddly the one before had an awful one.

Mine is used strictly for commuting too, as I’m driving more now and taking the train less i upgraded and the 453 is so much nicer to be in, drive and has far more toys than the 451.

I was at smart /Mercedes Colindale and they didn’t even have one petrol in stock / new or used . Used the sell immediately before hitting he forecourt as they’re in demand as a lot of people, me included too aren’t keen on the full electric .
    Turning circle is laughable isn't it, for the first few weeks when manouvering I gave far too much lock & had to dial it out again. Amazed to learn the older ones were bad.

Was really impressed with the quality of build, had one huge rattle up behind the glove box but an old woolly hat up there & the pipe cannot vibrate anymore.

Perfect car park car too, doesn't dent as the panels just flex & obviously fits into small spaces - easy to lose it after returning from a long day at work though.

I do find other drivers treat me very differently though, expecting me to be someone who cannot drive, corner or accelerate. Never get people trying to bully me in the cayman or Boxster but have it in this quite often even when I am still proceeding at pace. Does annoy me when I am behind a more powerful car & I have to back off in the smart for them!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Gave my wife’s car a clean. I’m sure you can guess what it is - but which model (not the wife the car!).

- Martyn
    MX 5 NC 3.5 Sport Tech....same as mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Slow worm?
    Errr No - it’s an MX5 MK3.5 - so much fun to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I do find other drivers treat me very differently though, expecting me to be someone who cannot drive, corner or accelerate. Never get people trying to bully me in the cayman or Boxster but have it in this quite often even when I am still proceeding at pace.
    Exactly my experience with a Smart Car too. Never been bullied in any car except the Smart and as cool as they are it really puts me off having another.

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    A couple of months ago I had a note put through my door from a young, aspiring photographer asking me for a photo shoot with my car. A couple of weeks ago, him and his Dad along with myself and my son headed to a few local spots where he thought could take some good shots.

Here is a selection - I think they turned out well, and nice to have a few decent photos - certainly better than I can manage

Yes please!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Errr No - it’s an MX5 MK3.5 - so much fun to drive.
    He was right the first time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Exactly my experience with a Smart Car too. Never been bullied in any car except the Smart and as cool as they are it really puts me off having another.
    Makes me want to tune the thing to an inch of its life & have some fun!

However, yes, as it currently stands you are treated as the lower road citizen who has abandoned / given up on driving & are a target, often a very strange experience with how people perceive you.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Weirdly , I find the opposite , smart car I get let out in traffic , or let in. My weekend toy is a 911 and I don’t get let out or let in traffic for that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rihanabrian View Post
    Oh.. I don't drive anything yet as I only learn driving theory here. But My dream car to drive is definitely CyberTruck. Don't really have a wide knowledge of actual cars, and just drive what I'm able to get in racing games.
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by rihanabrian View Post
    Oh.. I don't drive anything yet as I only learn driving theory here. But My dream car to drive is definitely CyberTruck. Don't really have a wide knowledge of actual cars, and just drive what I'm able to get in racing games.
    Yeah, I used to have a game called Test Drive 2: The Duel on the Commodore 64...I'd call myself a Porsche driver from that. Never been in one though.

Craftsman
    Not a patch on most stuff here, but very much enjoying this;

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post

Stratus grey?

Amarone interior?

CSL wheels?

Looks very much like my old one if so! Let me know if it is / not as very few of that spec existed.

Oh, I like that!

Craftsman
    Stratus grey?

Amarone interior?

CSL wheels?

Looks very much like my old one if so! Let me know if it is / not as very few of that spec existed.
    It's Silbergrau metallic and a New England/Silverstone dash interior. 1 of 2 according to Listing 30Si. The amarone interior looks lovely, narrowly missed out on one that matches that spec the day I bought mine, went for an absoloute steal on the forum... Was that yours?! It's on CSL's but they're reps. https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=123103

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Oh, I like that!
    Thank you!
    Last edited by AlphaEchoAlpha; 4th August 2020 at 22:21.

Very nice Z4 Coupé, they’re definitely a future classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Yeah, I used to have a game called Test Drive 2: The Duel on the Commodore 64...I'd call myself a Porsche driver from that. Never been in one though.
    Aye.

Closest we came was when Father used to wind up the gramophone and let us listen to Fangio at the Ring.

And we thought ourselves lucky.

Master
    It's Silbergrau metallic and a New England/Silverstone dash interior. 1 of 2 according to Listing 30Si. The amarone interior looks lovely, narrowly missed out on one that matches that spec the day I bought mine, went for an absoloute steal on the forum... Was that yours?! It's on CSL's but they're reps. https://z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=123103

Thank you!
    Beautiful combo!

Yes that one was mine & I was the person who owned it twice as purchased back from the chap I sold it too a year or so later.

Not been on that forum for a while, which is lucky as for that price I’d have purchased it back from him & owner it 3 times!

In a totally different class, comes my new Hyundai Kona 1.6T(urbo), which suits my retirement needs quite well.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Very nice Z4 Coupé, they’re definitely a future classic.
    Thanks, fingers crossed! Plan to try and hold on to this one.

Beautiful combo!

Yes that one was mine & I was the person who owned it twice as purchased back from the chap I sold it too a year or so later.

Not been on that forum for a while, which is lucky as for that price I’d have purchased it back from him & owner it 3 times!
    Haha, I don't blame you. Must admit I was ever so slightly cheesed off at missing that, I think it was the one day I'd not been glued to the forum/Autotrader too. Still, I'm really pleased with mine and happy with the price I paid, so can't grumble too much.

Master
    Thanks, fingers crossed! Plan to try and hold on to this one.

Haha, I don't blame you. Must admit I was ever so slightly cheesed off at missing that, I think it was the one day I'd not been glued to the forum/Autotrader too. Still, I'm really pleased with mine and happy with the price I paid, so can't grumble too much.
    As long as you have a non standard interior you’re in a great position as they really make it stand out.

Now get the manual F10 gearstick ordered and fitted to it if you have already, makes such a difference.

Master
    Quite a lot of chatter on here about the autos I don’t think we have had a manual for 4 years at least now as it’s just easy to live with. Currently in a golf and a Land Rover. Been offered a nice rover tomcat though and I’m very tempted by the cool t bar roof and a manual box again

Company car is a Passat GTE at the moment also auto.. cant beat a manual for driving involvement though no matter how good dsg is

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gullers View Post
    Lovely Chris but you’ll miss the sound of that M5! :)

Which engine in this one?

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Is the 4.4SDV8

No M5 obviously but plenty for what i need at the moment :D

The new toy was delivered today. It's already leaving its mark on the barn floor but suspect there's always going to be something that requires attention.

It's a 1965 289 Fastback with a 3 speed auto box in the original Poppy Red with black vinyl interior. All in all it's a very original car with no rust and no filler than I can find. Needless to say it's going to be stored in a Carcoon to keep it that way.

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

Master
    The new toy was delivered today. It's already leaving its mark on the barn floor but suspect there's always going to be something that requires attention.

It's a 1965 289 Fastback with a 3 speed auto box in the original Poppy Red with black vinyl interior. All in all it's a very original car with no rust and no filler than I can find. Needless to say it's going to be stored in a Carcoon to keep it that way.

Stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Banned
    Blog Entries

Superb. Care of Peter?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Superb. Care of Peter?
    Yep, top guy.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yep, top guy.
    Excellent. He is a true enthusiast. Please let us know how you get on.

My 3 Hondas.

Cheers,
    Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by chris2982; 12th August 2020 at 18:06.

Love everything about Stangs and yours is just perfect!
    Here's my toy along with it's big brother :)

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Just a company car for me. Nothing worthy of showing on here. One day I would love to buy a Range Rover sport SVR! I would not only need to be able to afford it but would then need to be able to afford to put fuel in it every day haha.

The future of super cars is electric. Gonna miss those engines roaring in the future!

Best looking lawnmower ever!

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    Love everything about Stangs and yours is just perfect!
    Here's my toy along with it's big brother :)

Nice collection, I’d really like a Raptor but unfortunately they won’t bring the V8 over here in rhd

This one is not a Raptor(the Raptor actually is 3.5L V6 if it's based on an F150 or it's a 2L Diesel if it's s based on a Ranger.....
    I am talking about the new models not the old ones with a 6.2V8
    This one is a F150 5.0L V8 and I loooove that engine

I have a humble Kia Picanto which goes from a to b and so far after 3 years has cost me 1 Caliper and a full set of discs and pads.

3 years old when I bought it.

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    I've just been browsing (approved) used car prices - & they seem to be on the increase...

Is demand going up - as new car sales are down ?

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I've just been browsing (approved) used car prices - & they seem to be on the increase...

Is demand going up - as new car sales are down ?

z
    I was told by someone involved in financing second hand cars that they were super busy, probably down to avoiding public transport. Suspect new car sales must have slowed though.

Happy new MOT day little Lotus

One of these today:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    That grill!
    Only a mother could like that.

I really like it, and it looks better in the flesh. My one is the same colour also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Happy new MOT day little Lotus

Lovely car, looks in great condition

Lovely car, looks in great condition
    Mechanically spot on. It was the Father-in-laws from new. It needs a little TLC cosmetically, but only minor stuff. The problem is it just isn’t driven enough!

I was shocked to read the recent MOT mileages:

06/16: 53,596
    09/17: 53,830
    01/19: 53,938
    08/20: 53,969

With 3 young kids the Elan has been SORN’d quite a lot! 🙃

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Mechanically spot on. It was the Father-in-laws from new. It needs a little TLC cosmetically, but only minor stuff. The problem is it just isn’t driven enough!

I was shocked to read the recent MOT mileages:

06/16: 53,596
    09/17: 53,830
    01/19: 53,938
    08/20: 53,969

With 3 young kids the Elan has been SORN’d quite a lot! 
    Another 10 years and it’ll be tax and MOT exempt

I didn’t realise that. I’ll still MOT it (or equivalent) every year in any case, along with the Capri. Tax exempt would save a few quid though!

Very pleased with my XF SV8 after a year’s of ownership. I personally love the look, and I can’t get enough of that whining supercharger V8 sound... very refined drive.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post

Very pleased with my XF SV8 after a year’s of ownership. I personally love the look, and I can’t get enough of that whining supercharger V8 sound... very refined drive.
    Lovely

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Lovely
    Very smart and classy car.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post

Gorgeous! I just sold mine before lockdown - had the naturally aspirated V8. I'm amazed at how little these can be had for - such a refined and satisfying car...