closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 116 of 165 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,800 of 8239

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    The Cayman has gone (never thought I would let it go!).

New toy to be collected in the next day or so.

Very nice Puma. Get it treated with Dinitrol if you’re planning to try and keep it corrosion free.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    My wife’s just traded in her A3 for Q3. It’s a larger car overall and the boot is much bigger. The Q2 is the same floor as the A3.
    We found the Q5 too big for what we need and certainly much bigger when parking etc. Good idea to take the pram to see how you get on.
    Andy
    Snap! Just back from testing the pair I think the verdict was the q3 it does feel bigger and higher up and the boot is a bit bigger too,
    Cheers Andy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    The Cayman has gone (never thought I would let it go!).

New toy to be collected in the next day or so.

That looks awesome mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy4389 View Post
    Any Audi q3/q5 owners here? I’m heading to test drive today having owned a a3 it’s too small due to the incoming of my first baby, but having a debate with the mrs I’m saying q5 she is saying q3 just wondering if anyone has any recommendations space wise!
    Cheers

Get an a4 estate. Considering the outside dimensions, neither if the suv are that big inside. The massive flat load area of an estate is far more useful with buggies etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Get an a4 estate. Considering the outside dimensions, neither if the suv are that big inside. The massive flat load area of an estate is far more useful with buggies etc.
    This, and it’s a lot easier to put them in as your not lifting so high.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    This is very good advice in my experience. I've got a 4 year old and a 1 year old - when I had number one we made do just fine with a 13-plate Fiesta. The key is the buggy fitting without having to fiddle about, as described above. The estate option solves this problem easily! As for parking, I drive an A7 now and Audis seem to have the most comprehensive parking alert system ever - to the point where it's actually annoying. So many sensors all around the car and pretty sensitive.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I’ll take a look at that, although I do like the idea of being higher up, for safety I’m not sure it’s safer but it feels it in my ford transit !

I’ll take a look at that, although I do like the idea of being higher up, for safety I’m not sure it’s safer but it feels it in my ford transit !
    It's a false impression. The NCAP rating may not be the perfect indication but it's the best we have. Sometimes safety is counter intuitive (which is why crash test with dummies brought so much progress)
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    New toy ordered January, to be collected on 5th March. (picture from Jaguar website car builder)

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Looks great :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Looks great :)
    Saw it at the dealership for real a couple of days ago while sorting the part ex. Looking forward to collecting it. ;-)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    New toy ordered January, to be collected on 5th March. (picture from Jaguar website car builder)

Love the SVR version.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fordystar View Post
    Honestly I had one for all of a week and got rid! You need to be a die hard fan to own one because the drive is awful! Really see the appeal looks wise but my god that drive.

A 25 mile road journey was enough for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Love the SVR version.
    No more V8s for me! Although I enjoyed having them in the past, now I'm a sensible spaniel owner.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    A 25 mile road journey was enough for me.
    Defenders are great for trundling around a shoot or towing a trailer full of sheep. Be interesting to see how the new model stacks up though.

Picked up something a bit more family friendly, a GLC 63S

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post

Nice. I fancy one alongside my G. Just need to get the wife to agree it would be her runaround.

Journeyman
    Audi A4 B7 Cabrio :)
    No picture sadly.

Craftsman
    A few things really. She let go of the Bentley GT to buy a property abroad and now just runs a company Honda. I have my 3rd XF, but gone diesel this time.
    Lots of friends have very nice cars that they drive very slowly. We had a Bentayga for a short time and it was too much.
    Truth is, comfort is important. Most cars are comfortable.
    I never miss a car.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb190 View Post
    A few things really. She let go of the Bentley GT to buy a property abroad and now just runs a company Honda. I have my 3rd XF, but gone diesel this time.
    Lots of friends have very nice cars that they drive very slowly. We had a Bentayga for a short time and it was too much.
    Truth is, comfort is important. Most cars are comfortable.
    I never miss a car.
    Nice to know. Pics of the so-called outgoings would be interesting.
    Last edited by Skyman; 26th February 2020 at 02:41.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Boring Audi A3, gets the job done tho.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post

Wish I’d never seen that

Wish I’d never seen that
    Imagine it without the illegal window tints, and a Nissan badge on the front.

Master
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    LoL

Craftsman
    Then it would be a Nissan

Blog Entries
    Car hasn't got tinted windows.
    Bet Nissan wish they'd built one!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post

That is a beauty

Wish I’d never seen that

Me too, hurts your eyes, doesn't it?
    "A man of little significance"

Cleaned the Macan today after the dismal weather recently.
    Snow foam with Autoglym Polar Blast.
    TBM wash with Meguiars Gold Class shampoo.
    Polish with Meguiars Ultimate Compound.
    Over again with Poorboys Black Hole and then Natty's paste wax.
    Meguiars Endurance tyre gel and Autoglym Fast Glass to finish.
    Not too bad as all by hand, probably need a DA machine to do any better!

Looks nice Westy. I see you mentioned using snow foam, what is the benefit of this over just hitting the car with a pressure cleaner and using the two bucket method? I am a hopeless car washer and if snow foam makes the job easier maybe I need to consider it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Looks nice Westy. I see you mentioned using snow foam, what is the benefit of this over just hitting the car with a pressure cleaner and using the two bucket method? I am a hopeless car washer and if snow foam makes the job easier maybe I need to consider it.
    I think the theory is that the snowfoam, loosens the grit and grime without you actually touching the car and causing swirlies by using a sponge..

The one I use smells like bananas....😎😎

Master
    Loving my V90 the B&W upgrade was worth it IMHO.

Craftsman
    Snow foam guns can be purchased for most brands of pressure washer as they usually use the same bayonet style fitting - the Karcher one I bought, plus a bottle of their own brand foam solution, was a little less than £20 from Halfords.

For a properly dirty car you’d do well to snow foam -> pressure wash -> repeat and then sponge bath.

For a lightly dirtied motor you’d get away with snow foam -> pressure wash and dry.

You can also now get snow foam hydrophobic coatings to apply after the cleaning process... if you’re lazy and don’t want to use Rain-X.

Sent from my Pip-Boy 3000 MkIV

Thanks Mondie, I think answered above but yes, it's supposed to loosen the dirt so more comes off with the jet wash.
    I have a Nilfisk jet washer and the attachment was less than £20 off Amazon, plus about £16 for the foam, which will do many washes as you dilute it down.
    It needs to 'dwell' for up to 10 minutes and don't let it dry on the car.
    Worth a try I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Loving my V90 the B&W upgrade was worth it IMHO.
    I'm anything but an expert on big rims and rubber bands, but do those tyres need a bit of air?

Thanks Enoch/Doebag/Westy. I think I need to give snow foam a go. As it happens I have a Nilfisk too so it appears easy enough to get a suitable attachment. It is only 2 months since I washed the car though so it might be next Christmas before I get to try it as thats its only wash in 14 mths! I hate washing cars which is why we got this one ceramic coated, a bit of heavy rain keeps it looking decent

I'm anything but an expert on big rims and rubber bands, but do those tyres need a bit of air?
    I thought the exact same when I saw the picture. Maybe it’s just the low profile tyres making them look flat?

Master
    It's finally arrived, the mid life crisis

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Recently changed my BMW E92 335i for a BMW 440i GC as needed the rear doors. Went from a manual gearbox to an automatic and it's made the commute so much easier. I still enjoy the odd spirited drive with the paddles in manual mode but for general wafting it's great. Added bonus of I now have back doors to squeeze the baby seat in through so can take my son in my car and we don't need to use the wife's Tiguan all the time. 2k miles in and an average of 28.1mpg as well, pretty happy with that.

Master
    Low profile tyres, making them look flat, unfortunately Volvo seem to have gone for large wheels, my Xc60 sits on 21” rims as part of the R design pro pack.
    Last edited by shoppy; 3rd March 2020 at 21:41.

Master
    Following purchasing a 981 Boxster as my wife’s car last Easter, my M4 has felt like a bit of an oaf, too large and too heavy, never really feeling planted and confidence inspiring when pushing on. Did all the Suspension coding etc, toyed with changing the dampers and going all in, but it still would have been a large, heavy family car tweaked by M division (and that is me following many years of BMW & M cars).

Rather rapidly decided it needed to go, and found a 981 Cayman GTS from Ashgood, the same people we got the wife’s car from. Collected it last weekend & despite the weather have loved every minute of driving it, slower on paper to 100mph by 0.5s but the way it holds the road and puts its power down is so much more rewarding & not like a turbo diesel ease of power.

Can’t wait for the weekend to take it out again!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    It's finally arrived, the mid life crisis

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Fantastic car and the performance is epic.
    I've has countless hot hatches over the years but these are in another league. Puts a smile on my face whenever I drive it especially on the quiet country roads nearby.

Cheers
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Following purchasing a 981 Boxster as my wife’s car last Easter, my M4 has felt like a bit of an oaf, too large and too heavy, never really feeling planted and confidence inspiring when pushing on. Did all the Suspension coding etc, toyed with changing the dampers and going all in, but it still would have been a large, heavy family car tweaked by M division (and that is me following many years of BMW & M cars).

Rather rapidly decided it needed to go, and found a 981 Cayman GTS from Ashgood, the same people we got the wife’s car from. Collected it last weekend & despite the weather have loved every minute of driving it, slower on paper to 100mph by 0.5s but the way it holds the road and puts its power down is so much more rewarding & not like a turbo diesel ease of power.

Can’t wait for the weekend to take it out again!

Great car, and a very nice colour for it. Enjoy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Holsterman View Post
    Great car, and a very nice colour for it. Enjoy.
    Thanks. Love the GT Silver, not sure if I’d have paid that much for it new though! This pretty much ticked every option I’d have wanted if buying from new.

First world problems but the PCM is awfully dated vs the idrive system & given I’ve had HUD on my last 2 cars the lack of it & looking down is taking a bit of getting used to. Doubt that will carry much sympathy if pulled over though.

Probably shouldn't post as I think the last person to say they had this car got slated, but picked up on Saturday a new to me Maserati Ghibli and yes it's the diesel which isn't a 'proper' Maserati but hey I like the look of it so :)

Craftsman
    slightly OT but did anyone get to view the Ford mustang E roadshow recently in London and any views on it ? Seems interesting on paper

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloke View Post
    Probably shouldn't post as I think the last person to say they had this car got slated, but picked up on Saturday a new to me Maserati Ghibli and yes it's the diesel which isn't a 'proper' Maserati but hey I like the look of it so :)
    Great looking car from a great maker, and I'll bet great smiles per mile as well. Would have one tomorrow if I could!

Blog Entries
    New today, to replace the E-Pace, F-Pace R Sport in black. Loving it already!

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Thanks. Love the GT Silver, not sure if I’d have paid that much for it new though! This pretty much ticked every option I’d have wanted if buying from new.

First world problems but the PCM is awfully dated vs the idrive system & given I’ve had HUD on my last 2 cars the lack of it & looking down is taking a bit of getting used to. Doubt that will carry much sympathy if pulled over though.
    I have an old black one, manual, and it's the best car I've driven. Annoyances are pretty minor - I hate the handbrake, and the steering is not the best in terms of feedback, but what a glorious sound, and fantastic balance in bends.

Craftsman
    Just added this MK7 Golf GTI to my mini fleet of daily driver VW Scirocco and VW T5 Campervan.

https://imgur.com/gallery/z0CT5vZ
    Last edited by DiXoN; 10th March 2020 at 23:43.