TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 102 of 165 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,100 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Collected today.

Innocuous enough from the front...

A hint it might be a bit ‘nippy’ from the back...

z
    Nice, I had an M135i in Estoril Blue.

After ages of looking for an alternative, a few months ago I bought...an M140i. No regrets especially as it is a real upgrade to the M135i in many ways.

Mine is red which in Shadow edition looks quite stunning with all the black accents.

The 6 pot 3l engine in these cars is wonderful, and that's why I bought another I guess, because the end of the era is looming...

They're not phasing the straight 6 out are they? The new 3series has a soon to arrive M340i listed in the model line up.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    They're not phasing the straight 6 out are they? The new 3series has a soon to arrive M340i listed in the model line up.
    Think what's they're phasing out is the rear wheel drive. Next 1 series should have a shorter bonnet and be FWD resulting in cheaper manufacturing costs. This is why people are talking about the last of the 1 series hot hatches being depreciation proof to an extent.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Nice, I had an M135i in Estoril Blue.

After ages of looking for an alternative, a few months ago I bought...an M140i. No regrets especially as it is a real upgrade to the M135i in many ways.

Mine is red which in Shadow edition looks quite stunning with all the black accents.

The 6 pot 3l engine in these cars is wonderful, and that's why I bought another I guess, because the end of the era is looming...
    Just got a 140 Estoril blue) a couple of months ago. Intend to keep it for a few years. Great day to day car with stunning performance
    Last edited by craig1912; 17th March 2019 at 16:35.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Think what's they're phasing out is the rear wheel drive. Next 1 series should have a shorter bonnet and be FWD resulting in cheaper manufacturing costs. This is why people are talking about the last of the 1 series hot hatches being depreciation proof to an extent.
    Ah yes, have heard about this and that the new 3 won’t be offered with a manual gearbox.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My new whip... 'Mario' the Merc.

XC90 still up for sale in the SC

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amnesia View Post
    My new whip... 'Mario' the Merc.

XC90 still up for sale in the SC

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk
    Nice one.

I was looking at facelift W211 320cdi's a few days ago, as a possible replacement for my 335d coupe (need 5 seats). They still look really good imho.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Sorry, I cannot see the ugly duckling 1 series ever being a collectible. Such a nasty looking thing.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Sorry, I cannot see the ugly duckling 1 series ever being a collectible. Such a nasty looking thing.
    Really? Have you seen the value of the 1M?

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Really? Have you seen the value of the 1M?
    True M series BMW’s are a different proposition, and some of them are really something else.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    The new hot 1 series will have a 4 pot and Xdrive.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DazBock View Post
    Hyundai i30N Performance- the new hot hatch on the block. 275bhp sub 6 to 60 sub £26k

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I spent a day with Hyundai testing this at Millbrook, it's a really impressive car!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Nice one.

I was looking at facelift W211 320cdi's a few days ago, as a possible replacement for my 335d coupe (need 5 seats). They still look really good imho.
    Indeed, and the interior has braved the years quite well. The satnav leaves a bit to be desired, but then it's a 10+ year old car. I'd get the highest spec entertainment you can find, if it's important to you, as adding anything later is a royal PITA.

The engines respond to a remap quite nicely, too

Will start saving for a MY2013 E63s as I want another V8 before they are outlawed completely.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    True M series BMW’s are a different proposition, and some of them are really something else.
    Indeed. My original comment was with regard to the Scooby Doo headed 3 and 5 door hatches. Awful designs.

Spring is here so off came the Winter wheels/tyres this weekend.

Last edited by Vanguard; 18th March 2019 at 15:59.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Have you been following SHMEE 150, he bought 2 RS's one like yours , the other standard that he has specced up to the hilt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnABFxnGiqI

Steve
    Yes , he is an acquired taste shall we say .
    He is currently in France hooning round in the snow with it and he has posted some footage in a " secret " face ache group for the owners . From memory his is number 27 of the 50 and fair play to him as he uses it and most dont

Craftsman
    Picking this up tomorrow, E92 M3. 1 owner who added every option from AC Schnitzer.

Should make the weekends more interesting.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by me32dc View Post
    Picking this up tomorrow, E92 M3. 1 owner who added every option from AC Schnitzer.

Should make the weekends more interesting.

Brilliant cars and that looks a cracker, had one almost the same before moving into this.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    Brilliant cars and that looks a cracker, had one almost the same before moving into this.
    How do you find the new car’s engine/chassis etc vs the v8? I currently have an e93 M3 and am tempted to change.

Master
    Got this about 2 weeks ago, astonishing thing!!

IMG_1460.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    How do you find the new car’s engine/chassis etc vs the v8? I currently have an e93 M3 and am tempted to change.
    At its price point the e92 is excellent but on every front except noise the F80 is better, performance hits much lower down the Rev range and you just ride a wave of torque, handling is excellent with front end turn in particularly impressive. Can be a handful in the wet but like any high power RWD you have to use a bit of common sense. Never heard anybody prefer the E92 to the F80 they are just in a different league.

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Got this about 2 weeks ago, astonishing thing!!

IMG_1460.jpg

Is that an M5 competition. for some reason it shows as a tiny image on my browser.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    Is that an M5 competition. for some reason it shows as a tiny image on my browser.
    Tried to put a picture through using my phone, Will sort when I get home.

Damn good skills considering the crappy picture. Yes it’s a F90 M5 competition!

Craftsman
    Don't laugh! A 2010 TTS in solar orange...

My old girl. I've been thinking about buying something more involving like an alfa giulia QF or even an R8

But the Jag has so much bang for buck and is pretty much depreciation proof.

I might just stick to getting my kicks from my bikes

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Tried to put a picture through using my phone, Will sort when I get home.

Damn good skills considering the crappy picture. Yes it’s a F90 M5 competition!

Stunning car!! Serious weapon and quite understated I feel. Did you have a Bentley continental previosly?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    My old girl. I've been thinking about buying something more involving like an alfa giulia QF or even an R8

But the Jag has so much bang for buck and is pretty much depreciation proof.

I might just stick to getting my kicks from my bikes

Love the XKR, I had one and wish I still did. 390bhp in a time when that was a lot, 0-60 in 5s and a proper GT in the original sense. I test drove an AM DB7 GT at the time and thought the XKR was better. I’m sure they’ve reached a nadir on values now

Quote Originally Posted by berin View Post
    Love the XKR, I had one and wish I still did. 390bhp in a time when that was a lot, 0-60 in 5s and a proper GT in the original sense. I test drove an AM DB7 GT at the time and thought the XKR was better. I’m sure they’ve reached a nadir on values now

Yeah I like it. Does 155 mph in the autobahn for as long as it still has fuel

My old man has the db7 vantage and I definitely see the parallel. His is manual, if the xkr was manual and had an lsd no one would have bought anything from Germany in the early 00s!

Master
    This,

And herself up the wall and round the bend.

Master
    Blog Entries
    With all these sporty cars let's bring things back down to earth.

Hoping to pick this up next weekend to replace my train station car.

Not the first time I've posted a 'photo of one of mine however I had to take a snap whilst parked on South Bank at Brands Hatch today, perfect weather for some club racing.

111s by CardSharkLotus

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I spent a day with Hyundai testing this at Millbrook, it's a really impressive car!
    Me too, that’s ultimately what convinced me to buy one!

Brain fart!

Master
    Two weeks in and loving this. Kids drove me out of a boxsters into evoque then disco sport, good to be back with Porsche. Will be at their place at Silverstone soon, get to know the limits safely. I hope.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be Tron.

Master

What do you drive?

Bit of a clean and wax of the M4, need to spend some time with the DA to get it glass like, but very impressed with the reflection on white. Love this tyre sealant too, no sling.

Realised I am unlikely to use the Z4MR enough at weekends, so will be coming out from under its cover in the garage & offered for sale to let the funds get my wife a Boxster that she’d love but doesn’t feel she’s worth it.

Last edited by Mj2k; 25th March 2019 at 18:23.

Master
    After a string of too many Porkers and increasingly sanitised driving (993, 996 GT3, 7.2GTS, 7.2 Turbo S, 981 Spyder, 981 GT4) I decided to go back to 3 pedals and 6 litres of naturally aspirated British bulldog. #V12Vantage

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post

Chuck an Akra on it

Interesting to see the M140i has a following on here, I'm thinking of one of these for the next motor. Ticks a lot of boxes. In the mean time, I'm biffing around in my snotbox Beetle. A sports car it ain't, but I actually got to drop the lid today, as the weather's been nice..

Cheers,

Plug

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    After a string of too many Porkers and increasingly sanitised driving (993, 996 GT3, 7.2GTS, 7.2 Turbo S, 981 Spyder, 981 GT4) I decided to go back to 3 pedals and 6 litres of naturally aspirated British bulldog. #V12Vantage

Kind of eclipses my new (to me) five year-old Nissan X-Trail.....................

Journeyman
    Great weather over the weekend so roof down of course. Great mix of Porsche’s at our cars and coffee meet

Master
    That vantage is stunning, such an epic noise too. Has a lot to love up to based on your previous cars!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    Great weather over the weekend so roof down of course. Great mix of Porsche’s at our cars and coffee meet
    Porsche’s what?

Journeyman
    Porsche’s what?
    Several 991gt3RS’s, a 991gt2RS, a few 356’s and this lovely 356 outlaw amongst 200 other 911’s spanning 70s to today. Unfortunately I didn’t take that many pics

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post

Wonderful cars.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    That vantage is stunning, such an epic noise too. Has a lot to love up to based on your previous cars!

Other than the Porsches, the last car was actually a 458 Spider which was wonderful. The engine and drivetrain were the entire attraction, the Pininfarina bodywork lovely, and had the exhaust valves remote controlled...

However, just had the Aston returned from AM Works in Newport Pagnell with the secondary cats removed, and there really is no need for a stereo anymore!

Porsche’s what?
    Greengrocer's Greengrocers.

Craftsman
    There's some very talented photographers on here!

Master
    Spareparts, I’m now going to have to spend tonight googling videos of removed cats. My wife thinks I already have an unhealthy obsession with exhausts. Would love to get the MPE for the M4 but seems a lot for an exhaust & it’s not exactly quiet with the comp pack exhaust valves open.

That photo is stunning by the way, as is the car. My dream colour combo there.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post

How fo you find it?

It’s definitely the future!