closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 39 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 8246

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by benny.c View Post
    See that little badge on the wing next to the headlight? It's one of these….

Excellent *rubs hands*

Can't believe how skinny the rear tyres are for that engine torque! :)

Master
    I know. I don't think US spec rock hard tyres designed to last a million miles help so I'll probably put something a little more sticky on it. Failing that, half a pallet of bricks on the bed!

Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    Strangely enough I was drinking in that square last month, no nice cars though.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This from next Saturday. The dealer's pic. I had a 986 Boxster way back, but this 981 is just such a great leap forward and an awesome machine in all respects, particularly with the PSE AND PCCB.

i am truly excited about getting my hands on it, in a way that other recent car acquisitions have not made me.

Master
    Yep you must have PSE and PCCB........ Whatever that is....:-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    This from next Saturday. The dealer's pic. I had a 986 Boxster way back, but this 981 is just such a great leap forward and an awesome machine in all respects, particularly with the PSE AND PCCB.
    Very nice, have seen that on the Porsche Approved site several times and wondered why someone hadn't bought it, very good spec. I guess everyone wants a PDK these days!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mmgg1988 View Post
    Very nice, have seen that on the Porsche Approved site several times and wondered why someone hadn't bought it, very good spec. I guess everyone wants a PDK these days!
    Yep, the fools!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Yep you must have PSE and PCCB........ Whatever that is....:-)
    Aka a switchable sports exhaust and carbon ceramic brakes.

Master
    In a similar vein to Yeti, on Thursday I'm picking up something a little more practical for moving the kids around. My wife said it needed four doors and plenty of room for bikes etc.

Snap......well on the HEMI front anyway.....

My new 5.7 Hemi Grand Cherokee..... Love it.. Just waiting for a lift kit to arrive from the USA....then it'll be used for off-roading....... well someone has to pull out all those stuck landies.....

Bit envious of a bright yellow 981 tbh ;-p

Not a LOT, but a bit ;-p

Ideally driveway for me would be an RS6 avant and a 981 boxster. Compromised with a 997.2 911 instead ;-p such practical rear seats

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I'd love a Defender but the wife would kill me. Besides, I don't have any wellies.

Eddie
    Here you go. Just round the corner from you as well...

http://www.johnhollandsales.co.uk/la...r-sale-3933033

They'll probably throw in some wellies.

well someone has to pull out all those stuck landies.....
    How very dare you Mr Q! I have done the LR Experience in a 110 the same as mine... there really isn't much that can do what they can ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    How very dare you Mr Q! I have done the LR Experience in a 110 the same as mine... there really isn't much that can do what they can ;)
    Give me a shout when you get x axled.......

http://youtu.be/e4LoUbd7lM8

I'll come and pull you out with my quadradrive locking diffs.....:-)

http://youtu.be/1Wo1FrDzKMA

The 4x4 experience days are fantastic.... They really do show you what these vehicles can do.... The last one I went on had a Landy, a Vitara, my Jeep and a Landcruiser...... And although the Land cruiser was very capable.... The vehicle that had the least amount of trouble getting around the course, was the bloody Vitara...

Give me a shout when you get x axled.......

http://youtu.be/e4LoUbd7lM8

I'll come and pull you out with my quadradrive locking diffs.....:-)

http://youtu.be/1Wo1FrDzKMA

The 4x4 experience days are fantastic.... They really do show you what these vehicles can do.... The last one I went on had a Landy, a Vitara, my Jeep and a Landcruiser...... And although the Land cruiser was very capable.... The vehicle that had the least amount of trouble getting around the course, was the bloody Vitara...
    I'm not surprised, a Jimny acquitted itself rather well on Top Gear.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Bought this in March

But couldn't get on with the colour and the ride. So traded in for this last month

Far prefer the coupe and Audi black editions. its the car I should have bought in March instead of the on a whim convertible in a colour I don't really like! Had a TT Black edition in the same colour for 2yrs prior to March so really should have gone for my preference!

Master

Eddie
    Yep..... Got a mate who's big into shooting and has gun dogs..... All the posh folk use Range Rovers and discoveries etc....my mate has a Jimny, with Mud tyres on it....he gets it into some proper sticky situations, but it somehow always gets out......

Apprentice
    Yep..... Got a mate who's big into shooting and has gun dogs..... All the posh folk use Range Rovers and discoveries etc....my mate has a Jimny, with Mud tyres on it....he gets it into some proper sticky situations, but it somehow always gets out......
    Jimny for me too, I live on Salisbury Plain and go where Landies fear to tread!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SockToy View Post
    Bit envious of a bright yellow 981 tbh ;-p

Not a LOT, but a bit ;-p

Ideally driveway for me would be an RS6 avant and a 981 boxster. Compromised with a 997.2 911 instead ;-p such practical rear seats
    Thanks. Collection is in 17 hours and counting!

Master
    Enjoy. It looks spot on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eggshellUK View Post
    Agreed. They are great little mud pluggers.

My brother had a Sportrak for a while with nobbly tyres and they are perfect for green laning.

I sold my 997 C2 for this piece of automotive magnifiscence.

Vogue SE spec, last of the line of the P38s with a no nonsense 4.6 V8 up front.

It's frankly brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post
    I sold my 997 C2 for this piece of automotive magnifiscence.

Vogue SE spec, last of the line of the P38s with a no nonsense 4.6 V8 up front.

It's frankly brilliant!
    I took a look at that one too.
    Looked in great nick. Enjoy
    I bought a Grand Cherokee for the winter instead.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Roadrunner here and she is awesome.

Eddie
    Just come back from the french alps/switzerland and every other vehicle seems to be a Jimny from the electricity board to farmers, mountain guides, shopkeepers....never seen so many
    quite like them despite having a 4x4 Hilux 250!

Bit more envious now, too :)

Recent addition to the fold, which I'll share with my father-in-law. 1964 AC Cobra 289 FIA (with a 302 on quad Webers). Waiting for an MOT and a seat which will allow me to actually reach the pedals...

I think I might've posted about this car previously, but the image was a dead link. It hasn't been used since though as it's required recommissioning. Almost there.
    Last edited by adigra; 19th October 2014 at 14:45.

Wise choice ;)

Here's mine.

Master
    Golf GT diesel.

I'll get my coat.

- - - Updated - - -

Dammit, I was quite proud of my car until I saw some of the exotica you lot tool around in.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    Recent addition to the fold, which I'll share with my father-in-law. 1964 AC Cobra 289 FIA (with a 302 on quad Webers). Waiting for an MOT and a seat which will allow me to actually reach the pedals...

I think I might've posted about this car previously, but the image was a dead link. It hasn't been used since though as it's required recommissioning. Almost there.
    Sensational. Same age as me so just a youngster really

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post

That's stunning. Enjoy!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaunidle View Post
    Golf GT diesel.

I'll get my coat.

- - - Updated - - -

Dammit, I was quite proud of my car until I saw some of the exotica you lot tool around in.
    Ah man, I bet you get better MPG than my C Max! going off this thread now, can't even win on MPG.

here's mine -

What are the specs, Scalino?

Blog Entries
    Currently this...

E92 (2009) BMW 325i SE - straight six 3.0L, which has been excellent for the past 14 months ( - coming to SC near you soon)

It's soon to be replaced by a company car - so I've ordered a hybrid ... like this...

(not my pic)

Not because I've suddenly become an eco-warrior - simply because I begrudge paying HMRC any more than necessary.

z

Craftsman
    Here's mine

And filthy after 600 miles and two laps of the Nurburgring back in August :)

They really are the perfect all rounder in my eyes and have only got better with age against the new age BMW's!

This is my forth M car and it has replaced my TVR Tuscan RR which I sold earlier this year and despite the power difference I have no regrets :)
    Last edited by TT300; 24th October 2014 at 20:15.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Currently this...

E92 (2009) BMW 325i SE - straight six 3.0L, which has been excellent for the past 14 months ( - coming to SC near you soon)

It's soon to be replaced by a company car - so I've ordered a hybrid ... like this...

(not my pic)

Not because I've suddenly become an eco-warrior - simply because I begrudge paying HMRC any more than necessary.

z
    is that the new IS300h?

How much company car tax does one pay on a hybrid?

Yep, the fools!
    I'd tend to agree with you but for the very long gearing of the manual. Let us know how you get on.

What's behind it, Ben?

Blog Entries

i am truly excited about getting my hands on it, in a way that other recent car acquisitions have not made me.

A mate had his GT3 with PCCB and had a minor fit when they told him what is cost to replace at service after a few trackdays . . .
    Cracker of a car though, my 986 'S' (I bought it new in 2001 !) still gives me a big smile every time - only managed 28000miles ....
    Am sure you'll love it !
    Last edited by ingenioren; 22nd October 2014 at 17:41.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    is that the new IS300h?

How much company car tax does one pay on a hybrid?
    It certainly is. By my calculations it should cost me about £155 per month (at 40% tax rate). Saving me about £60-70 per month over a BMW 520d.

z

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    A mate had his GT3 with PCCB and had a minor fit when they told him what is cost to replace at service after a few trackdays . . .
    Cracker of a car though, my 986 'S' (I bought it new in 2001 !) still gives me a big smile every time - only managed 28000miles ....
    Am sure you'll love it !
    No track days for this baby. Normal use is said to result in a 100,000m life for the discs. The car has currently done less than 5,000, so not an issue I forsee for me.

What do you drive?

Why do folks blur the registration plate on photos of their car?

We don't have access to the police national computer to track you down, or am I missing something fundamentally obvious?

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post

We don't have access to the police national computer to track you down, or am I missing something fundamentally obvious?
    It's a personal choice of mine, I've always blocked them out when posting pictures.
    No particular reason for it though.

Master
    It's not about tracking the car down and stealing it, but more other people copying the number plates and using on a different car.

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    It's not about tracking the car down and stealing it, but more other people copying the number plates and using on a different car.
    But I can just go and stand by the main road near me and log number plates all day long if I wish!

The vendor didn't blur the reg no of a Transit I bought on eBay.
    A few months later I was caught on camera robbing from vehicles in a hotel car park in Nottingham.
    Then a few days later I was doing the same thing in the East Midlands.

Now obviously I am a fine upstanding fellow as are all on here. Some scrote had cloned my reg no and kitted out his robmobile to seem like mine on cctv.

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    The vendor didn't blur the reg no of a Transit I bought on eBay.
    A few months later I was caught on camera robbing from vehicles in a hotel car park in Nottingham.
    Then a few days later I was doing the same thing in the East Midlands.

Now obviously I am a fine upstanding fellow as are all on here. Some scrote had cloned my reg no and kitted out his robmobile to seem like mine on cctv.
    How can you be sure it was because of an ad on ebay? Could have been someone who noted it down while you were driving down the road, parked outside your house or parked at the supermarket.

Blog Entries
    Much easier to trawl the classifieds for the exact make, model and colour etc. That you want to clone rather than wait outside for that spec vehicle to randomly pass by.

How can you be sure it was because of an ad on ebay? Could have been someone who noted it down while you were driving down the road, parked outside your house or parked at the supermarket.
    Did I say it was through the eBay ad? I don't know.
    But no-one had driven down my road nor parked outside my house, and I hadn't noticed anyone noting down number plates while I was driving down the road. But thousands of people had viewed the eBay ad.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eggshellUK View Post
    Are you serious? I work for Jaguar Landrover and can tell you that a Jimny wouldn't even get round the Gaydon proving track let alone outshine it. I'd advise anyone to try to a ride around it and you will truley appreciate how great they are and what they have to be able to do to earn the badge. I dont mean the JLR Experience i mean the proving track. Its not advertised but they sell tickets in April time to the public i believe.