closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 50 of 165 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,500 of 8246

Thread: What do you drive?

Master
    ^
    Great car, thank you for the extra pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by primabaleron View Post
    Voilą:

Mercedes Benz 220 SEb/c 1961
    Dziękuję.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This, when there is wafting down to France

Then this when the going gets tough

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Didn't you like it?!?
    Yes it was good, but not special enough. They have been rising in price for the last few months & it seemed the right time to cash in.

My daily runabout for the last couple of years, an SL65, has more power & actually feels quicker to drive & is more enjoyable.

The replacement for the SLS will be with me soon & is a slight change in direction, being Italian

Am I the only one that drives a shit car on here ?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I don't drive anything. Gave up trying after one lesson. I walk everywhere or use public transport. Bum lifts when needed off friends and family.
    But I still appreciate cars. That vintage Mercedes owned by the Polish member is amazing.

Craftsman
    I picked this up today - not as exotic or sporty as a lot of cars posted here, but I am enjoying the comfort so far.

No, my wife does as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    I picked this up today - not as exotic or sporty as a lot of cars posted here, but I am enjoying the comfort so far.

GS 300? I've a GS 430 (had it for 5 years now) the same shape, best car I've ever owned. 60000+ virtually faultless miles. Speedy too (when I want it to be).

Cheers,

MarkC

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by markc View Post
    GS 300? I've a GS 430 (had it for 5 years now) the same shape, best car I've ever owned. 60000+ virtually faultless miles. Speedy too (when I want it to be).

Cheers,

MarkC
    Yep, the 3L one; I'm really happy with it. It may not be as involving a drive as my A6 or 5 series were, but it's very relaxing - and a ton more toys as standard. Motor tax is a killer (just under EUR1600 per year), but feck it...

Well, the 911 went a few years ago, to be replaced by the Audi TT (an excellent car by the way), which has now gone to be replaced by a far more sensible Lexus RX 4x4 hybrid (very impressed actually...)

So common sense has prevailed at last.

Until a couple of days ago anyhow.

My new weekend toy is now tucked up for the night in my new garage ;-)

The Ferrari engine inside does indeed sound awesome.

Holy sh1t. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

That Maser is gorgeous. A nice 4200 has been in my thoughts recently...

Master

Cool

Very nice TFB....the Italians certainly know how to do a nice interior on their high end offerings...

My mate has been on about one of these for months....in fact he's starting to do my head in.....he's currently in a Cayman S which to me is just MEH..... Driven it many times and it does nothing for my well being....

Now if he were to buy a Maserati, he'd go right to the top of my best mate list....

How can I persuade him??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Well, the 911 went a few years ago ...
    It did ... and I've still got it.

Depends how you define the term, but FWIW we have a c. 20 year-old Honda Stepwagon.

Affectionally known as the ‘dog car’ (some people are less complimentary) the Steppy is used and abused daily as a: runaround/dog carrier/campervan/mobile workshop/tow vehicle/delivery van - and borrowed frequently by various friends fot it’s all-round capabilities.

It might be a ‘shit car’, but I like it. ;-)

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No, I have a 2008 Astra, silver obviously, 1.9 turbo diesel. Do 86 miles daily, a joyless experience. Frankly, any car on that journey 5 days a week would be joyless. Without podcasts I'd be suicidal.

At the weekend I have no wish to drive for pleasure. I like seeing a nice car but no urge to drive one or own one.

Blog Entries
    I drive an 18 year old Landcruiser, it would be seen by many as a "shit" car too! We've had it for yonks and my family and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    It did ... and I've still got it.
    Excellent! I hope you are still enjoying it!

I loved that 911.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Very nice TFB....the Italians certainly know how to do a nice interior on their high end offerings...

My mate has been on about one of these for months....in fact he's starting to do my head in.....he's currently in a Cayman S which to me is just MEH..... Driven it many times and it does nothing for my well being....

Now if he were to buy a Maserati, he'd go right to the top of my best mate list....

How can I persuade him??

Get him to hear one.

Master
    Lotus Evora S
    and
    Lotus Elise SC

I'll post pictures when I can work out how.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperStripes View Post
    Lotus Evora S
    and
    Lotus Elise SC

I'll post pictures when I can work out how.
    Two of my favorite cars. Pics please! I've been lusting after an Exige for years.

Master
    When Elise is back from it's service I'll get them both together. Ginetta G40 GRDC on the way soon too.

We have a VW Touran, boring but does the job of shopping/dropping the kids off/lots of luggage space etc. Need a 2nd car now for the first time in years and am trying to get excited about buying something sportier and really struggling to be honest! With speed cameras everywhere, and no understanding of terms like 'understeer' etc I am struggling to see the point of anything that isn't a 1.6 bog standard hatchback. In my 40's and living where I do insurance is cheap, so not really an issue. But I'm 6'2" " and about 16 stone so cars like mx5's and mini coopers seem a bit too small and dare I say a bit girly. Did look at BMW Z4's, golf gti's and even the fiesta ST, all a bit 'meh'. Cars seem massively expensive, and I guess if I'm not bothered I might as well buy a cheap Focus - but I'm surprised at my lack of enthusiasm considering I have the budget for cars I dreamt of owning in the past. Is it OK to admit I just don't see the point of a flashy car any more? I think I just grew out of it tbh.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    We have a VW Touran, boring but does the job of shopping/dropping the kids off/lots of luggage space etc. Need a 2nd car now for the first time in years and am trying to get excited about buying something sportier and really struggling to be honest! With speed cameras everywhere, and no understanding of terms like 'understeer' etc I am struggling to see the point of anything that isn't a 1.6 bog standard hatchback. In my 40's and living where I do insurance is cheap, so not really an issue. But I'm 6'2" " and about 16 stone so cars like mx5's and mini coopers seem a bit too small and dare I say a bit girly. Did look at BMW Z4's, golf gti's and even the fiesta ST, all a bit 'meh'. Cars seem massively expensive, and I guess if I'm not bothered I might as well buy a cheap Focus - but I'm surprised at my lack of enthusiasm considering I have the budget for cars I dreamt of owning in the past. Is it OK to admit I just don't see the point of a flashy car any more? I think I just grew out of it tbh.
    Face up to it, you are not a 'petrol head', nothing to be ashamed about, I don't like football and a few of my mates don't really have much interest in watches but it doesnt make us bad people!

Nope, Skoda fabia mk1 1.9 diesel estate (non turbo) with the airbag light on.
    Livin' the dream.

Journeyman
    I don't drive anymore but I travel in a 57 reg Prius.

What do you drive?

We replaced the F11 520d with this, and I think it's superb.

Although with 3 kids in the back it's no longer as clean as this!

It looked quite at home outside a French farm on our recent holiday (loaded down with French red)

Many thanks again to FFF for all his good Land Rover advice!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Alpina D5

I'll get some pics up when it's stops raining....could take a while.

But in the meantime here's a video that the previous owner made when it was detailed;

http://youtu.be/9m8oijsulUI
    Last edited by CaptainSlow; 31st August 2015 at 10:06.

Had to take some new photos for the insurance company.

Craftsman
    Nope, I have a Fiat Panda, but I also have a 981 Porsche Cayman. Does that still count?

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    No, I have a 2008 Astra, silver obviously, 1.9 turbo diesel. Do 86 miles daily, a joyless experience. Frankly, any car on that journey 5 days a week would be joyless. Without podcasts I'd be suicidal.

At the weekend I have no wish to drive for pleasure. I like seeing a nice car but no urge to drive one or own one.
    I've never owned cars - if I need to go somewhere I take a pool car from work or on a really rare occasion hired one.

Master

997 GTS

No! Skoda Superb Estate
    But BMW M5 (e39) and Porsche 911 (993) too :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    I spent this afternoon doing this:

Rear bumper off:

Removing baked tar from the tailpipes:

(Soak a piece of kitchen roll in WD40, wrap around tailpipe, cover with plastic bag held in place with elastic band. Leave for one hour, remove & wipe away tar. Polish tailpipe).

Waxoyled:

Replace bumper and assume air of smug satisfaction. The front bumper was removed a couple of months ago for a similar exercise, and the rest of the underside was cleaned and undersealed last month.

Only a couple more quick and easy jobs left on the "to do" list before the winter - last winter I spent many hours machine polishing the paintwork in the freezing cold. This winter I'll be either driving it, weather permitting, or indoors in the warm!
    Does this trick only work on tar? I've got some seriously baked-on carbon on my tailpipes, the problem with it running rich to keep the temps down with the power that's being squeezed out of 2.0l. I've tried Autosol, Britemax and Auto Finesse metal polishes, all with wire wool, and none of them will completely shift the carbon.

Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM View Post
    Got this 184 FR Leon a few weeks ago for the wife/family run about. Pretty impressed with it so far, great VFM.

Mrs JG got one before Christmas to replace the mk5 Golf that threw a rod (straight out of the side of the block). It puts my Octavia to shame. She also delights in showing up many an "executive" rep mobile that tries to push it/her about. It's a properly capable car and if she let me I'd have it mapped to squeeze the purported extra 50 bhp and 70 odd lb ft out of it. The electronic diff is properly clever too.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyguitar View Post
    Does this trick only work on tar? I've got some seriously baked-on carbon on my tailpipes, the problem with it running rich to keep the temps down with the power that's being squeezed out of 2.0l. I've tried Autosol, Britemax and Auto Finesse metal polishes, all with wire wool, and none of them will completely shift the carbon.
    If a very fine grade wire wool didn't shift it then I doubt detailing clay will but it might be worth a try, there's a product out there called Iron-x that might do the job as well.
    Was it Britemax's Metal Twins that you tried? Big fan of their products, though I'm yet to try those two.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waiteu2 View Post
    Craig. That is a real beauty. Love it. Is the other one yours too?
    We should have a coffee soon.

This just arrived....

... and it's quite surprising.

Master

As of 3 hours ago this

Like that a lot!!! :)

Master
    Due for pickup this week after letting my CLK go. Quite rare, you don't see many of them about ;) :

My first brand new car anyway, A4 3.0 TDI so lots of shove and double the range of the 3.2 petrol in the CLK. It will be with me for a number of years and next year is looking busy for driving, Lake Garda and Belgium later in the year for the F1
    Last edited by Lippy; 1st September 2015 at 15:10.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pluseditor View Post
    Craig. That is a real beauty. Love it. Is the other one yours too?
    We should have a coffee soon.
    Hi Chris, Hope your well.I wish the other one was mine but sadly not!
    I'll be down during the next couple of weeks if your free for that coffee?

ATB Craig

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shinzomaeda View Post
    This just arrived....

... and it's quite surprising.

How?

For me, the fastest accelerating thing I've ever driven, but also almost practical enough to be used as a daily car. Surprisingly nice to drive.

Master
    Love the GTS above. I've got an '06 C2S manual.

But Porsche notts very kindly loaned me a new 991 GTS at the weekend, so I went shopping with some friends, who prefer an Italian brand :) :

Love the GTS. If I can afford one next spring, I'll be in one.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shinzomaeda View Post
    ^^ oh my!!!!
    Indeed. I was quite a noisy, 'spirited' drive down :)

We were at Bicester shopping village (classy, I know...)and at one point one of my mates (the one with the 458 speciale far left) said he'd go and drop some bags off at the cars.
    As he rounded the corner, the cars were surrounded by people taking photos. So he turned round and came back :)

I'm more impressed you all managed to get parking together, parking there is a nightmare!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomw2000 View Post
    Love the GTS above. I've got an '06 C2S manual.

But Porsche notts very kindly loaned me a new 991 GTS at the weekend, so I went shopping with some friends, who prefer an Italian brand :) :

Love the GTS. If I can afford one next spring, I'll be in one.
    Cracking day out!!
    Funny you say that as i had a 991 GTS4 Loan car while mine was being serviced over the weekend.Slightly better in most ways but cost to change from mine circa £50k for 3 year newer car.
    Might wait till they drop a tad!