closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113 LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,600 of 5605

Thread: What do you drive?

  1. #5551
    G-Wagen is lovely Skyman, never seen that colour before. What process and ceramic did Detailer apply?

  2. #5552
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,931
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD500 View Post
    G-Wagen is lovely Skyman, never seen that colour before. What process and ceramic did Detailer apply?
    Glad you like it. The colour is certainly different - ranging from mid green through to black, depending on light conditions.
    Products used were:

    Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra and Exo V4
    Wheels removed and fully coated with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour
    Glass treated with Gtechniq G1 Glass Coating

  3. #5553
    Craftsman RS404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Norwich, Norfolk
    Posts
    328
    My new GTI...

    Last edited by RS404; 19th November 2019 at 22:51.

  4. #5554
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Glad you like it. The colour is certainly different - ranging from mid green through to black, depending on light conditions.
    Products used were:

    Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra and Exo V4
    Wheels removed and fully coated with Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour
    Glass treated with Gtechniq G1 Glass Coating
    Nice one. Has detailer run through top up procedure to the Exo V4 'top coat', top up required usually every 6 - 18 months dependent on use of car to keep ceramic coating hydrophobic as possible. The glass coating is v useful helping visibility when driving on motorway - rain just beads and flies off the glass at speed.

  5. #5555
    Master PDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,691
    Not been around here much recently, as life just seems to get in the way.

    Regretted letting the last one of these go, so that mistake has now been rectified.



  6. #5556
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    Not been around here much recently, as life just seems to get in the way.

    Regretted letting the last one of these go, so that mistake has now been rectified.


    Lovely, what model is that

  7. #5557
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Lovely, what model is that
    E500 I think.

    Glorious!

  8. #5558
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    Not been around here much recently, as life just seems to get in the way.

    Regretted letting the last one of these go, so that mistake has now been rectified.



    a proper car! great choice

  9. #5559
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,931
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    a proper car! great choice
    Nice car, and heritage. Shocking alloys though.

  10. #5560
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,640
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Nice car, and heritage. Shocking alloys though.
    They suit the car though?

  11. #5561
    Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,936
    Would be a wrong move to buy that car without those alloys. Looks great.

  12. #5562
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post
    Not been around here much recently, as life just seems to get in the way.

    Regretted letting the last one of these go, so that mistake has now been rectified.


    Superb! I used to love my old E320, even though it was a shed. More photos / details please.

  13. #5563
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    186
    Those alloys are cool, really suit the car.. love boxy old mercs!

    Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

  14. #5564
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,931
    No, they look awful.

  15. #5565
    Rather liking the offset on the rears though!
    Sits nicely, doesnít it
    Saw one in the classic motor hub in Bibury last week. Tough car.

  16. #5566
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    35,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    No, they look awful.
    I disagree.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  17. #5567
    Master PDE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    No, they look awful.
    I'm not sure yet if I'll be keeping them on it or not as they are an acquired taste, although they were optioned on the car from new.

    I have a new set of Evo II's that I may change them for, which are the wheels I had on the previous one


  18. #5568
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    123
    [QUOTE=PDE;5260458]Not been around here much recently, as life just seems to get in the way.

    Regretted letting the last one of these go, so that mistake has now been rectified.


    [/QUOTE

    Oh wow, you win 👍 That's awesome.

  19. #5569
    I think the alloys really suit the car which is lovely.

    Any interior photos?

    I remember when I was 18, a friend had use of his dad's new 300SE which to me at the time seemed like a limo sized wafting about luxury barge. My vintage Fiesta couldn't compete.

  20. #5570
    I prefer stock wheels as on my old girl! Great cars, had full stainless system put on mine sounds great as V8ís should! Not like modern tackle with trick exhausts to beef up the V6 Turbos...

  21. #5571
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    I prefer stock wheels as on my old girl! Great cars, had full stainless system put on mine sounds great as V8’s should! Not like modern tackle with trick exhausts to beef up the V6 Turbos...
    Much nicer.

  22. #5572
    Craftsman Alex L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire - UK
    Posts
    904
    New company car arrived today, looking forward to a significant saving on tax

    Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

    First time I've not specced black leather

    Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

  23. #5573
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,062
    ^That looks great! I just put in an order for the new X3 30e hybrid, also in blue, but went with the black leather. The tax benefits in Finland make hybrids the only sensible solution.

  24. #5574
    Master ingenioren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    W Sussex & Girona
    Posts
    5,096
    Blog Entries
    1

    My new toy..... BRITISH, let's hope it doesn't disappoint



  25. #5575
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MCR & STN
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    New company car arrived today, looking forward to a significant saving on tax

    Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

    First time I've not specced black leather

    Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr
    Lovely looking 3 Series Alex, which model is it? That leather looks very nice, optional? What did you leave behind to make the saving?

    Regards

    Glyn

  26. #5576
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    I prefer stock wheels as on my old girl! Great cars, had full stainless system put on mine sounds great as V8ís should! Not like modern tackle with trick exhausts to beef up the V6 Turbos...
    Thatís a proper car!! Love the E500s.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #5577
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post

    They really are good looking cars, wish I didnít need 4 seats

  28. #5578
    Craftsman Alex L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oxfordshire - UK
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    Lovely looking 3 Series Alex, which model is it? That leather looks very nice, optional? What did you leave behind to make the saving?

    Regards

    Glyn
    Hi Glyn, thanks - it's the 330e plug in hybrid. BIK is currently 16% and if I recall reducing to 12% in April 2020. The monthly saving was versus my C220d Mercedes.

    The leather is standard on the M Sport model, but I decided to go a little daring on colour, as opposed to my usual choice of black.

    Drove 220 miles yesterday, of which 31 miles was pure electric. Returned 59mpg and wasn't hanging around on the M40. Pretty decent fuel economy for a car with 289bhp.

    The best thing is being able to turn on the heating and heated steering wheel from my phone, no more scraping the screen for me - unless it's out of charge...
    Last edited by Alex L; 2nd December 2019 at 19:10.

  29. #5579
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Hi Glyn, thanks - it's the 330e plug in hybrid. BIK is currently 16% and if I recall reducing to 12% in April 2020. The monthly saving was versus my C220d Mercedes.

    The leather is standard on the M Sport model, but I decided to go a little daring on colour, as opposed to my usual choice of black.

    Drove 220 miles yesterday, of which 31 miles was pure electric. Returned 59mpg and wasn't hanging around on the M40. Pretty decent fuel economy for a car with 289bhp.

    The best thing is being able to turn on the heating and heated steering wheel from my phone, no more scraping the screen for me - unless it's out of charge...
    A great choice to move away from a dull black interior.
    Preheating the car is an excellent feature too. Feels quite decadent.

  30. #5580
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,931
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post

    Brave choice.

  31. #5581
    Master ingenioren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    W Sussex & Girona
    Posts
    5,096
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Brave choice.

    Not sure why, 90% satisfaction rate on the Ftype, the other models, not checked

  32. #5582
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,931
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post
    Not sure why, 90% satisfaction rate on the Ftype, the other models, not checked
    New model just announced.

  33. #5583
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brussel land.
    Posts
    13,457
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post

    They look stunning, and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Guy down the road from me has one, looks like 120mph when it's parked!
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.

  34. #5584
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    17,865
    I like the F type, far too impractical for me thesedays but I like it.

    I own a Jag, I`m on my second. I like Jags for what they aren't as much as what they are. They aren't Mercedes, BMW or Audi, that's a big plus for me, I don`t want to wear any of those badges.

  35. #5585
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    N Ireland
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    I prefer stock wheels as on my old girl! Great cars, had full stainless system put on mine sounds great as V8ís should! Not like modern tackle with trick exhausts to beef up the V6 Turbos...
    Is that a w124?

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  36. #5586
    Master Kirk280's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    4,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Is that a w124?

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Yeah, an E500 I believe.

    W124s are cracking cars!

  37. #5587
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    6,931
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I like the F type, far too impractical for me thesedays but I like it.

    I own a Jag, I`m on my second. I like Jags for what they aren't as much as what they are. They aren't Mercedes, BMW or Audi, that's a big plus for me, I don`t want to wear any of those badges.
    Nail on head. But that is precisely why, despite the odd dalliance, I have no intention of going near a Jag.

  38. #5588
    Grand Master TheFlyingBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire and your back garden
    Posts
    16,401
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I like the F type, far too impractical for me thesedays but I like it.

    I own a Jag, I`m on my second. I like Jags for what they aren't as much as what they are. They aren't Mercedes, BMW or Audi, that's a big plus for me, I don`t want to wear any of those badges.
    Iíve had numerous Jags in the past and enjoyed them all, especially the supercharged V8ís despite their prodigious thirst.

    I had ordered an iPace recently, but they couldnít supply one in time unfortunately, so I was let down and rather disappointed.
    So clever my foot fell off.

  39. #5589
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    2,073
    Since the mid-80s I have driven either Audis or Mercs and will be picking up the latest, a c207 Merc, on Friday. This is my first Mercedes since a run of W124s so hoping it won't disappoint.

  40. #5590
    Iím a few months in to my first ever Merc (posted above) and so far I love it. Ride and handling is great, nice place to sit too. The only thing that irritates is the crabbing on full lock. Which engineer signed that off?!

  41. #5591
    Master wileeeeeey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Iím a few months in to my first ever Merc (posted above) and so far I love it. Ride and handling is great, nice place to sit too. The only thing that irritates is the crabbing on full lock. Which engineer signed that off?!
    GLC? I have the same. Wtf were they thinking?! Some people have had tyres changed for free multiple times due to the odd wear pattern from crabbing. Nuts.

  42. #5592
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    GLC? I have the same. Wtf were they thinking?! Some people have had tyres changed for free multiple times due to the odd wear pattern from crabbing. Nuts.
    C43, but same problem. Not a massive issue but bizarre. Itís going in for service next week so Iíll be interested to see what they say. Seems to be a 4 wheel drive issue, a mate with a Macan S was complaining about the same thing. Whoever signs these things off at design phase needs sacking...

  43. #5593
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    C43, but same problem. Not a massive issue but bizarre. Itís going in for service next week so Iíll be interested to see what they say. Seems to be a 4 wheel drive issue, a mate with a Macan S was complaining about the same thing. Whoever signs these things off at design phase needs sacking...
    The Ackermann Effect;

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackerm...ering_geometry

  44. #5594
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    MCR & STN
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Hi Glyn, thanks - it's the 330e plug in hybrid. BIK is currently 16% and if I recall reducing to 12% in April 2020. The monthly saving was versus my C220d Mercedes.

    The leather is standard on the M Sport model, but I decided to go a little daring on colour, as opposed to my usual choice of black.

    Drove 220 miles yesterday, of which 31 miles was pure electric. Returned 59mpg and wasn't hanging around on the M40. Pretty decent fuel economy for a car with 289bhp.

    The best thing is being able to turn on the heating and heated steering wheel from my phone, no more scraping the screen for me - unless it's out of charge...
    Great combo! Excellent taste sir! Enjoy


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  45. #5595
    Master IAmATeaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NW London
    Posts
    3,989

    What do you drive?

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    C43, but same problem. Not a massive issue but bizarre. Itís going in for service next week so Iíll be interested to see what they say. Seems to be a 4 wheel drive issue, a mate with a Macan S was complaining about the same thing. Whoever signs these things off at design phase needs sacking...
    My 3 series also does this at full lock so not just 4x4 issue, maybe more a rear wheel drive issue?

  46. #5596
    Master ingenioren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    W Sussex & Girona
    Posts
    5,096
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Nail on head. But that is precisely why, despite the odd dalliance, I have no intention of going near a Jag.
    Ignorance is not a sin.....

    MB still suffers with rust issues, just a heads up....

  47. #5597
    Master Maysie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sunny Suffolk
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post

    Yum.
    One of the best looking cars around IMHO.

  48. #5598
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    854


    I bought this earlier in the year. The plan is to keep it long term.

  49. #5599
    A bit of fun has arrived on the drive...





    R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

  50. #5600
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post


    I bought this earlier in the year. The plan is to keep it long term.
    V12 - very nice!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •