closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 153 of 165 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 7,601 to 7,650 of 8237

Thread: What do you drive?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    .... Can`t believe the number of new cars I see in flat boring manky grey, together with black wheels it's an awful combination and I fail to see how anyone finds it appealing.....
    One of the new world's mysteries for me - why on earth would anyone pay to have their car look as if it's still in primer, with no topcoat? You pays your money.....

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    One of the new world's mysteries for me - why on earth would anyone pay to have their car look as if it's still in primer, with no topcoat? You pays your money.....
    Say a forum full of people with multiple black dial watches 😂

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Don’t get too many mpg on my new car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Been a while since I had a thirsty V8 but took the car into the dealers for an annoying rattle from the drivers door. Only loaner they had was the dealer principals Range Rover SVR. Probably 30 years too late for me to really appreciate it, but even tootling around with the odd squirt here and there it drank like a '70s prop forward, and sounded like an angry bear. If I'm given a loaner I normally put something back in the tank to cover my mileage, suffice to say getting it back to full was interesting. I think it was on a par with my '76 Pontiac Trans Am 6.6!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I’m still driving my 2001 Laguna Seca Blue S54 BMW Z3M.
    Only 320 bhp and fairly slow compared to modern stuff but there’s
    just something about the Z3m that gets under the skin.

A common or garden A7 for me.
    Just the 2 litre as I'm happy with 40+MPG.
    Nice car, just an A6 with a slopey boot. Actually preferred the A6 Avant but got the A7 as a change.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post

Could not afford at the time they were either new, or then a good buy. Certainly not now, but god I love this car so much.

Z4C and a Z4MR were my closest, but this still holds a sweet spot for me, it’s just such a no compromise M car.

And despite this as my car now, I still really miss the ones above. Just so raw & old school whereas this just rewards without any skill.

That said, I love it still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those BMWs are cool Matt, but that GTS is something special.

Master

My friend had one of those and we used to call it "the bread van" .
    He now owns a 1M which he's had since nearly new so he has good taste in M cars.
    Got myself an M2 Comp last week as I've been driving a Kia for a couple of months which whilst entirely functional didn't give much sense of occasion.
    I'm getting used to the sub 30mpg work runs at the moment and that's me being very light on the pedal.

Craftsman

Best colour BMW ever did and the weirdest M car they ever did....
    Great combination!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Just bought a new daily a Forester XT

Joins my weekend M4

Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    Best colour BMW ever did and the weirdest M car they ever did....
    Great combination!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to acquire the car- there are only 4 UK Z3m cars in this colour.
    The previous owner was a lady who kept the car 18 yrs- I bought it during the first Covid lock down.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Those BMWs are cool Matt, but that GTS is something special.
    Cheers mate, the hardest part is ‘what next’ as the 911s are just a bit too large these days. Happy to keep it tbh, maybe the 718 GTS 4.0 as the exit ICE

Master
    I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to acquire the car- there are only 4 UK Z3m cars in this colour.
    The previous owner was a lady who kept the car 18 yrs- I bought it during the first Covid lock down.
    They are indeed rare, very rare.

18yrs is a very reassuring term of ownership. I love the interiors of these, the extra dials etc, just so different to anything at the time, and now.

Beautiful. Strange. Amazing.

Lovely little BM’s are the clowns slipper, going to appreciate well I think and 320bhp on the back wheels isn’t slow, it’s nice to drive a car and give it the beans rather than hitting hyper warp speed too easy..

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Cheers mate, the hardest part is ‘what next’ as the 911s are just a bit too large these days. Happy to keep it tbh, maybe the 718 GTS 4.0 as the exit ICE

That is the problem ‘what next’ !
    I’ve been obsessed with 911’s for years but agree they are getting
    too big.
    I sold my 991 GT2RS a few months back, the speed was truly intoxicating
    but I haven’t once regretted selling it.
    I have a 718 GT4 on order, in pts Irish Green- November build slot for December collection , I’ve already
    been waiting 4 months since placing the order!

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Lovely little BM’s are the clowns slipper, going to appreciate well I think and 320bhp on the back wheels isn’t slow, it’s nice to drive a car and give it the beans rather than hitting hyper warp speed too easy..
    Yes - I agree it’s nice to be able to floor it, the S54 engine really is superb - no wonder the
    E46 M3 was such a smash hit

Master
    That is the problem ‘what next’ !
    I’ve been obsessed with 911’s for years but agree they are getting
    too big.
    I sold my 991 GT2RS a few months back, the speed was truly intoxicating
    but I haven’t once regretted selling it.
    I have a 718 GT4 on order, in pts Irish Green- November build slot for December collection , I’ve already
    been waiting 4 months since placing the order!
    GT4 is the natural step, but not sure as a fully road car, especially the lower lip for car parks. Not that mine goes in them, that’s the Smart’s job!

Father in law sold his 991.2 and gets his GTS in the next few weeks. That was the fastest thing I’ve ever driven on the road and almost too quick / easy if there is such a thing.

I often come back after driving my wife’s 2.7 boxster and loving the fact I can string it out a little more in the gears. But then the experience in mine is so much nicer.

Not sure I’d want the GTS in 981 as a soft top as the exhaust is a bit loud. With the filter changes required for new exhausts, they are a lot more muted. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.

Got mine from Ashgood, they have some amazing toys in there, was a dream to walk about all the new and proper old school Porsches. Like a bedroom poster for a teen!

Master
    Continuing the M theme
    Had the 3 previous generations of M3s so decided to try smaller-the F80 was constantly trying to kill you but after a week with this it behaves much better.
    Last edited by Hood; 12th March 2024 at 05:11.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Continuing the M theme
    Had the 3 previous generations of M3s so decided to try smaller-the F80 was constantly trying to kill you but after a week with this it behaves much better.

That is the one I wished I’d done. The F82 I had is still the only car I thought I’d write off. As you say, it always wanted to kill you - I never felt safe pushing on.

Yes I can show boat whenever I wanted on a roundabout but on any undulating surface it was the scariest thing ever.

I doubted people who said how bad it was, and then I left the brand entirely after experience of something else. Glad the 2 isn’t as mental, so many fans of the 3/4 but it’s just not balanced enough.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    That is the one I wished I’d done. The F82 I had is still the only car I thought I’d write off. As you say, it always wanted to kill you - I never felt safe pushing on.

Yes I can show boat whenever I wanted on a roundabout but on any undulating surface it was the scariest thing ever.

I doubted people who said how bad it was, and then I left the brand entirely after experience of something else. Glad the 2 isn’t as mental, so many fans of the 3/4 but it’s just not balanced enough.
    The problem with the F80/82 was they began to feel like a really big car IMO.
    Ridiculous amounts of power and you just felt you weren't really in control.
    A bit like the 911s have just got too big and the Cayman is now what a 911 should be.

A bit like the 911s have just got too big and the Cayman is now what a 911 should be.
    I think despite all the design and technological advancements in recent years the 964 is still the sweet spot for 911’s-
    No wonder a 964 Carrera 2 coupe is so expensive these days.

I think despite all the design and technological advancements in recent years the 964 is still the sweet spot for 911’s-
    No argument from me. That said I would swap my 964 for a new 911 Classic or a new GT3 RS. The Classic would be my number one choice.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    No argument from me. That said I would swap my 964 for a new 911 Classic or a new GT3 RS. The Classic would be my number one choice.

Can you post a pic of your 964?
    Have you had it long?

Agreed- I think it’s fair to say a GT3RS or Sport Classic are in another league to most cars, just a shame you’ve got more chance of wandering past Selfridges and seeing a steel Daytona in the window for sale than getting a Sport Classic build slot. I see ‘911 Spy’ on Instagram has just collected a nice one.
    A 992 GT3 Touring would be my pick of the modern stuff but that sure ain’t gonna happen.

This is my 993 Carrera 2 manual - I love it, it’s been a great car in the 9 yrs I’ve had it, I’ll never part with it - but I’ll never stop thinking I should of got a 964 instead when they were affordable…

Master
    No wonder a 964 Carrera 2 coupe is so expensive these days.
    I think they’re likely climbing in value because of their desirability for restomods rather than desire for a stock Carrera.
    I think a vanilla C2 Coupe will be a rare car in the future.

Journeyman
    Fun little Type R, wife hates it

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Matt Watson has just posted a Carwow video on utube for the new GT3 RS. He was quite literally blown away.

It looks a stunner, however I cant get my mind around all the aluminium aero diffusers on the underbody. One speed hump and they will all be distorted.

Picked this up yesterday for a bit of (hopefully) fun driving as and when.
    2009 Boxster 2.9 PDK but with quite a few extras, 66k miles, FSH and in tidy condition for 13 years old I think.
    Used it for a run to the tip today...:)

Oh, how I yearned for one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    2009 Boxster 2.9 PDK but with quite a few extras, 66k miles, FSH and in tidy condition for 13 years old I think.

Such incredible value, the 987 with the PDK is so much fun for the money!

Master
    As above has to be the best value sports car you can buy
    Was looking for one for the back end of the Summer there but too late for me now.
    It would just sit there with the battery going flat.
    Will look again in January

Master
    Congrats! Mine is 2010, I've had it for two years now and it still makes me smile every time I drive it!

911 definitely a completely different class of car now, my 993 was smaller than a Cayman.

Master

What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by gunner View Post
    911 definitely a completely different class of car now, my 993 was smaller than a Cayman.
    That is amazing & probably why the cayman feels right for me from a size perspective. It’s amazing how much cars have bloated and parking spaces have not!

Hood, completely agree on the F80 comments, chasing power and not finesse. I am yet to try the latest M versions, but the front has put me off entirely.

Just wish I had car play in the 981 without spending many hundreds to get it sorted. My only gripe, well aside from having to take half the rear of the car apart to get to air filters!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Really liking all the BMW content, especially the clown shoe, very nice indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Here’s mine.
    Hope it works as it’s my first attempt posting a pic on tapatalk

Craftsman
    IMG_7753.JPG

Here ya go

Had this for a week and almost 1000 miles in already. Photo taken at the Bluewater Shopping Centre, Tesla collection area

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

Craftsman
    I still have the Golf GTI and traded my Scirocco for the Cupra Born. I have also sold the VW T5 Campervan I built a few years ago along with the VW T4 Motorhome to fund the Karmann.
    The Karmann is a 2007 RHD Colorado 550 with 18k, 1 of 3 RHD in the UK, made a few changes like new upholstery plus a few other tweaks.
    The Born is a V2 eboost with tech L pack.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    It is an interesting development in the market that's for sure and you are welcome to not like it or understand it but it clearly works for a lot of people.

From Audi's Nardo grey to BMW's Brooklyn grey and Porsche's Crayon and even Skoda's meteor grey that contrast from a flat grey paint job with dark grey and black trim does look good and just works.

If you are going to criticise it then you probably need to balance the argument by stating why the hugely popular but very boring and derivative metallic grey looks better?

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    It is an interesting development in the market that's for sure and you are welcome to not like it or understand it but it clearly works for a lot of people.

From Audi's Nardo grey to BMW's Brooklyn grey and Porsche's Crayon and even Skoda's meteor grey that contrast from a flat grey paint job with dark grey and black trim does look good and just works.

If you are going to criticise it then you probably need to balance the argument by stating why the hugely popular but very boring and derivative metallic grey looks better?

And yes I’m a little biased.

Blog Entries
    Each to their own - as I made clear it is *my* opinion and *my* view and as I also made very clear, it's the buyer's money and their choice. Just one that still baffles me.
    ;-)

Re: the comparison with Silver / Metallic Grey - there are many objects finished in those colours and cars are no exception. Imagine painting your watch collection in matt grey/beige? :-)

Master

It is strange, I think crayon seems to work better on the larger cars. When I saw a cayman in it, I was a little underwhelmed compared to how good I thought it would look.

Almost has to be larger than 911 size to carry it off IMHO. Not sure how I got to that, but love it with the larger ones.

Nice looking pointing

Master
    I'm a big fan of primer
    Had a Nardo car ,Crayon,Kemora grey and Hockenheim silver
    All flat colours and look great when it's overcast which is much of the time up here.

Smokey have you"bonded" with the Macan?
    Read your thread on Macan forum that you were undecided.

That will look awesome once it’s had paint and lacquer

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    That will look awesome once it’s had paint and lacquer
    And bigger wheels

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    And bigger wheels
    Are those 21 inch rims?

I'm a big fan of primer
    Had a Nardo car ,Crayon,Kemora grey and Hockenheim silver
    All flat colours and look great when it's overcast which is much of the time up here.

Smokey have you"bonded" with the Macan?
    Read your thread on Macan forum that you were undecided.
    It’s a great car and I’m maybe expecting too much from it. Beautifully built and handles very well but just lacks a little personality.

If I wanted more excitement probably should have gone for an M3 or C63 but then they’d both have comprises.

Master

It's not really a new development - James Bond reportedly had a Bentley "in rough, not gloss, battleship grey" in the Thunderball novel, set in the 1960s:

Bond had the most selfish car in England. It was a Mark II Continental Bentley that some rich idiot had married to a telegraph pole on the Great West Road. Bond had bought the bits for £1,500 and Rolls had straightened the bend in the chassis and fitted new clockwork—the Mark IV engine with 9.5 compression. Then Bond had gone to Mulliners with £3,000, which was half his total capital, and they had sawn off the old cramped sports saloon body and had fitted a trim, rather square convertible two-seater affair, power-operated, with only two large armed bucket seats in black leather. The rest of the blunt end was all knife-edged, rather ugly, boot. The car was painted in rough, not gloss, battleship grey and the upholstery was black morocco. She went like a bird and a bomb and Bond loved her more than all the women at present in his life rolled, if that were feasible, together.