closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 124 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,200 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Small in budget and stature, but such fun that I honestly haven't had a cheesy grin like this since I got my licence 35 years ago.

Mrs RJM got one of the Cooper S Sport models in March. I drove it quite “Spiritedly” for the first time recently and it’s the perfect antidote to the luxury German Diesel sluggers i drive day in/day out. Unfortunately Mrs RJM didn’t appreciate my driving style and banned me from hers....

So I ordered one on Tuesday, it arrives next Wednesday....... Red with black roof and mirrors plus black leather.

Initially on a 6 month lease, with an option to extend.

So I’ve now got an E class company car, a Boxster and a Mini on its way....

You only live once!

Today was an excellent day off work...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post

Should've taken the Capri - more room in the boot...

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Mrs RJM got one of the Cooper S Sport models in March. I drove it quite “Spiritedly” for the first time recently and it’s the perfect antidote to the luxury German Diesel sluggers i drive day in/day out. Unfortunately Mrs RJM didn’t appreciate my driving style and banned me from hers....

So I ordered one on Tuesday, it arrives next Wednesday....... Red with black roof and mirrors plus black leather.

Initially on a 6 month lease, with an option to extend.

So I’ve now got an E class company car, a Boxster and a Mini on its way....

You only live once!
    I’ve had a Cooper S Exclusive for about 2 months now and it is excellent, the Exclusive has the leather interior and other bits and pieces, I also went for the DCT gearbox which is the same as in my F80 M3 and is superb. Went for white silver with black roof/mirrors. I actually enjoy driving this and Ime sure you will be the same.

Last edited by bobdog; 25th September 2020 at 17:48.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Should've taken the Capri Discovery 4 with the seats folded flat - more room in the boot...

z
    FTFY mate!

When did you get that, why didn’t I know and how come I haven’t seen it yet 🤪

Blog Entries
    FTFY mate!
    Good point. I’d forgotten you have the disco too.

z

Quote Originally Posted by b11ocx View Post
    When did you get that, why didn’t I know and how come I haven’t seen it yet 🤪
    Had it 10+ years mate. It was the Father-in-laws from new. It’s great.

Had it 10+ years mate. It was the Father-in-laws from new. It’s great.
    We should have a spin out sometime on a nice weekend

We should have a spin out sometime on a nice weekend
    Have you got one too? Or are you just flirting with me?

Join the vGTG next Thursday if you are free mate

Have you got one too? Or are you just flirting with me?

Join the vGTG next Thursday if you are free mate
    Don’t have a Lotus, but Din have a 1990 Ferrari and a 1985 Merc SL

Don’t have a Lotus, but Din have a 1990 Ferrari and a 1985 Merc SL
    Photos of the Ferrari and the SL please!

Photos of the Ferrari and the SL please!
    Will do tomorrow... they are my pride and joys, particularly the Merc !

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    I’ve had a Cooper S Exclusive for about 2 months now and it is excellent, the Exclusive has the leather interior and other bits and pieces, I also went for the DCT gearbox which is the same as in my F80 M3 and is superb. Went for white silver with black roof/mirrors. I actually enjoy driving this and Ime sure you will be the same.

Awesome

Love mine, I got a CLA company car on Tuesday to replace the E class, I’ve driven it once but I’ve been in the mini every day. I’m planning on getting up early tomorrow and setting off to work an hour early to go for a blast......

Love mine

Last edited by awright101; 3rd October 2020 at 21:46.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Awesome

Love mine, I got a CLA company car on Tuesday to replace the E class, I’ve driven it once but I’ve been in the mini every day. I’m planning on getting up early tomorrow and setting off to work an hour early to go for a blast......

Superb, love the red, a proper Mini colour, such a fun car, brilliant round the town and country lanes, you will have a ball.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Same colour mine was. Hoot to drive, made me feel 17 again! Especially the race exhaust.

unfortunately my back and legs disagreed after 45mins in it, so had to go.

Master
    Macan goes tomorrow to be replaced with this. Sensible head has kicked in, 3 kids and a big dog made the Macan impractical, and the performance made it a penalty point generating machine.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Macan goes tomorrow to be replaced with this. Sensible head has kicked in, 3 kids and a big dog made the Macan impractical, and the performance made it a penalty point generating machine.

These are great cars! Range Rover spec without the price tag!! Sensible choice! Enjoy it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Same colour mine was. Hoot to drive, made me feel 17 again! Especially the race exhaust.

unfortunately my back and legs disagreed after 45mins in it, so had to go.
    Absolutely love this model! What year was it?

S

Our second car arrived finally! Really like it (A250 AMG). Chopped in my C43 AMG coupe, and replaced the drowned and written off A6 avant (ask my wife) with this and a 3L supercharged F Pace. So far pleased with the choices (although will miss the C43 in sport +).

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    These are great cars! Range Rover spec without the price tag!! Sensible choice! Enjoy it!

Maybe not the Range Rover price tag per se, however still way too pricey for what you get IMO... especially with the amount of issues you seem to get with Volvos nowadays

Master
    Cool little car that.
    Looked at one a while back but was pricey for a mini.
    Great colour

Craftsman

Much nicer looking than a Macan IMO.

Cut the 599 loose and replaced it with this...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post

Lovely. Need more photos...

Lovely! And with one of my favourite pubs in the background.

Great color choice as well

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Master

That is gorgeous.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Adge View Post
    Maybe not the Range Rover price tag per se, however still way too pricey for what you get IMO... especially with the amount of issues you seem to get with Volvos nowadays
    Sadly JLR still have big reliability problems, will never have one again. Top 3 least reliable SUVs in WC ranking. XC90 a reasonable cost white good

Lovely. Gearbox is light years ahead.

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

What do you drive?

Nice car. This brings back memories, I used to have an M100 in the exact same colour. Still rates as one of the best handling cars I’’’ have ever owned.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Yep, she does like corners!

Lovely 458, I’d love a spider in Giallo. The only modern super car I hanker after.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSeb View Post
    Absolutely love this model! What year was it?

S

66 reg,my first ever non company brand new car. Ticked pretty much every option including the exhaust, was so much fun.

Had it 2yrs and 30k miles before traded for the M4, which I never enjoyed half as much.

66 reg,my first ever non company brand new car. Ticked pretty much every option including the exhaust, was so much fun.

Had it 2yrs and 30k miles before traded for the M4, which I never enjoyed half as much.

Agreed. Had a test drive in a Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio yesterday. Didn’t help that it was wet so I couldn’t give it any beans but when I jumped back in the JCW on the way home it just seemed more fun.

Mind you the sound in Dynamic mode was epic. I wasn’t brave enough to try race mode which turned off all the aids

Andy

Craftsman
    Love mine

Gotta love a JCW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently got the T8 xc90 and love it.

Master
    Agreed. Had a test drive in a Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio yesterday. Didn’t help that it was wet so I couldn’t give it any beans but when I jumped back in the JCW on the way home it just seemed more fun.

Mind you the sound in Dynamic mode was epic. I wasn’t brave enough to try race mode which turned off all the aids

Andy
    Know what you mean. I’d wanted an M3 V8 for years & decided to go down the M4 turbo route. Epic power, but always felt it wasn’t planted & the only car I’ve commented about crashing when pushing on.

Cayman GTS ticks so many boxes for me & it’s a great drive, still miss being able to drive more revs across more gears in the JCW without being at stupid speeds.

Do wonder if my next car needs to handling and lower speed. But then will miss the ability to overtake whenever I need to without issue.

Know what you mean. I’d wanted an M3 V8 for years & decided to go down the M4 turbo route. Epic power, but always felt it wasn’t planted & the only car I’ve commented about crashing when pushing on.

Cayman GTS ticks so many boxes for me & it’s a great drive, still miss being able to drive more revs across more gears in the JCW without being at stupid speeds.

Do wonder if my next car needs to handling and lower speed. But then will miss the ability to overtake whenever I need to without issue.
    Your right. My mate gave up his M4 to a JCW and said the mini was just more fun and the only fun he could get out of the M4 was at warp speed. It’s so fast that your going at illegal speeds in no time. That said we’ve just popped into town in the Mini and the wife was moaning about the hard ride and bobbing up and down hahaha

Well, the Macan is back at the OPC for a water ingress issue related to the sunroof.
    God knows what they're up to as they had it since Monday, but that means I've been driving around in this all week.

I think it looks great, is a decent spec, goes well and the handling/balance is way beyond my ability to explore especially in the cold and damp weather at the moment.
    But would I buy one?
    Nope.
    Because the engine sounds absolutely horrible, even with the sports exhaust turned on.
    Perhaps it just me, I find it a really harsh, brash mechanical thrashing noise, shame really.
    Anyway, where's my blooming Macan! :(

Time to take this thread down a few notches. This old girl has just turned 20 and flew through it’s MOT with no advisories. Th MOT tester said it still had loads of life in it, and will run for many more years if we want it to.

Who buys such a fugly car I hear you ask. Well, my wife’s grandmother bought the car new when she was 75, 20 years ago. She ran it for 10 years and then gave it to my wife. It’s just been our second car runabout ever since. Never goes more than a few miles for home.

We know it was faultless for the first 10 years, and in the last 10 years all we have had to replace (beyond very cheap consumables) is the water pump. No rust anywhere. It’s basically a Jap car with a Vauxhall badge and engine, hence why it’s lasted so long. Currently on 52k miles.

I treat it to a £50 oil and filter change every year, a £6 air filter every 2-3 years, turkey baste the brakes reservoir every couple of years, and change the spark plugs every 5 years or longer. Coolant was changed when the water pump was done, so never have to do that again. That’s all the maintenance it gets, and all that it needs to plod on.

After this blip, I’m sure normal service will resume with your high end beemers, porkers and audis.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Well, the Macan is back at the OPC for a water ingress issue related to the sunroof.
    God knows what they're up to as they had it since Monday, but that means I've been driving around in this all week.

I think it looks great, is a decent spec, goes well and the handling/balance is way beyond my ability to explore especially in the cold and damp weather at the moment.
    But would I buy one?
    Nope.
    Because the engine sounds absolutely horrible, even with the sports exhaust turned on.
    Perhaps it just me, I find it a really harsh, brash mechanical thrashing noise, shame really.
    Anyway, where's my blooming Macan! :(
    My neighbour has just bough a brand new 911, it sounds terrible, like a washing machine gone wrong. I am really disappointed TBH, I was hoping, as it is quite noisy when he starts it, that it would sound nice. The previous neighbour had a V8 M3, that sounded good.

I have decided to go bangernomics(ish): I am annoyed at paying 100s of pounds a month for my BMW 140i (which sounds a million times better than next door's Porsche!) which basically since Covid sits on the drive. To replace it coincidentally I have also just bought a 3L flat 6, only mine sounds nice:

Sad to see the the 140i I go and if things revert to normality I'd get another in a trice.

TBH I was a bit unsure I was doing the right thing but I loved the drive back from picking it up (the steering is way nicer than the BMW).

Her indoors was completely against the plan but took her for out for a drive in it tonight and she had to concede for the money it is a lovely thing.

I don't expect to own it that long but we'll see.

^^^^ love the Spec B. I approve!

Mine says hello

Last edited by Kirk280; 17th October 2020 at 23:15.

^^^^ love the Spec B. I approve!
    +1, sleeper car on steroids!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Well I picked up this little red rocket on Tuesday. The 240 mile drive home was an absolute Joy when I hit North Wales and got off the motorways.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Well I picked up this little red rocket on Tuesday. The 240 mile drive home was an absolute Joy when I hit North Wales and got off the motorways.
    That looks great fun - and I'm glad you went for the more practical (and by no means less enjoyable) option than the the IQ.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    That looks great fun - and I'm glad you went for the more practical (and by no means less enjoyable) option than the the IQ.
    I took my boy to school in it yesterday (it’s only a ten minute walk which is what we usually do) and as soon as he got in and saw the red and black striped seats he declared he loved it.

Journeyman

What a machine

Thought I'd treat myself to something for my upcoming 50th!

Takes me back to 1985, and no doubt some A&E visits beckon.

It's a Colony Sweet Tooth if anyone's wondering, and justified in my head as my son can have it in a few years