closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 157 of 165 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,850 of 8237

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    Here’s my new mid engine C8 Corvette. I waited over 2 years for this car, but it was worth the wait. It’s amazing and far and away the best Vette ever.

Superb Jim, enjoy

Got this F12 from Romans in December, to replace the 599

Quote Originally Posted by PDE View Post

Wow, a stunner

I never used to like front engined Ferrari’s - until the F12 came along- looks the absolute business 

Master

Had this a few months now. Great car and extremely useable day to day. Mclaren GT in ceramic grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    The last 24hrs postings have hit it out the park!

Master
    I'll get back to basics and post some pics soon but currently a 2005 BMW 330i saloon and a 2003 Mercedes CLK500. Someone needs to buy the remaining petrol.

Guys, can you actually say what your car is when you post photos of them? For those of us that can’t name every vehicle from a photo, “got this” doesn’t quite cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyhands View Post
    Yeah, I know the OPC quite well, certainly feel lucky to get an allocation! Probably the last one they're going to get of the 992.1

I totally understand,I do maybe 6-8 track days a year, (Actually Cadwell is my local too). Did you feel when blasting on the backroads any lack of involvement? Problem with the GT4 was it was essentially a 2 speed gearbox! In that case I might as well go PDK. I'm just thinking that I'll be able to stir the box a bit more on the GT3
    I’ve never felt any lack of involvement with the pdk, the GT4 I recently got doesn’t feel like a two gear car, although I admit you need a very long stretch of road in front of you to hit the top speed…..personally if I was ordering a new gt3 I’d not even contemplate manual.
    In traffic and in towns the pdk is just so much easier to live with, and on track you can use more of the power more of the time ie: hit the red line without fear of over revving…..the pdk is just so accomplished now it’s extremely hard to justify a manual imho !

Master
    Looks great in red mist 👍
    And lovely aftermarket wheels , are those HRE ?

Here’s my new mid engine C8 Corvette. I waited over 2 years for this car, but it was worth the wait. It’s amazing and far and away the best Vette ever.

Master

That looks amazing, albeit completely different to the originals. How does it handle on UK roads?

Very pretty indeed.

The car, obviously! 😁

I would have probably had a vette years ago if they had been RHD.

Incredible value in the US for what they are, although sadly far more expensive over here.

I think the C8 looks every bit as good as any Maclaren, and probably better, and considerably better than most modern Ferraris (although the Roma is gorgeous).

I hope you enjoy it!
    So clever my foot fell off.

What do you drive?

My 981 Cayman with a manual!

Took me a while to find the right car but this one is everything I wanted. Bought it as a 30th birthday present to myself.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

wow, wow and wow for the last few posts!

That corvette is stunning

As of Saturday
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman

I love the F12 would love one , perhaps if i win the lottery , its the only Ferrari I have driven (Never even sat in one before), that engine is very special

Master

Love these. Enjoy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AmosMoses View Post
    My 981 Cayman with a manual!

Took me a while to find the right car but this one is everything I wanted. Bought it as a 30th birthday present to myself.

Lovely, I have a 981 PDK. Superb cars. Do you have PSE? Amazing sound at 7800 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Lovely, I have a 981 PDK. Superb cars. Do you have PSE? Amazing sound at 7800 rpm.
    I do indeed, makes a stunning noise!

One of the first things I did upon buying the car was getting a video of the noise.

https://youtu.be/l6HAP69hyhc?t=700

Quote Originally Posted by markrichardsonno9 View Post
    Looks great in red mist 
    And lovely aftermarket wheels , are those HRE ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    That looks amazing, albeit completely different to the originals. How does it handle on UK roads?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Very pretty indeed.

The car, obviously! 

I would have probably had a vette years ago if they had been RHD.

Incredible value in the US for what they are, although sadly far more expensive over here.

I think the C8 looks every bit as good as any Maclaren, and probably better, and considerably better than most modern Ferraris (although the Roma is gorgeous).

I hope you enjoy it!

Blimey.. a lot of interest in my Corvette.

GM hit the ball out of the park with this Corvette... It's not just an American car anymore, The new C8 is available to order around the world... and RHD in UK, Australia, NZ, and Japanese markets!
    It was the new mid engine design and RHD that sealed it for me. I have owned an earlier (C5) Corvette. I placed my order in June 2020, and collected the C8 end of September 2022.
    It drives and handles among the best of them. I just love it.
    The Red Mist colour is an extra cost option that really 'pops' in the sunshine.
    Yes, the wheels are HRE.

What do you drive?

If the corvette didn't have a badge I would have assumed McLaren. Looks like a certified supercar.

Lusted after Porsche for over 50 years and never had one, so treated myself to this last year for my 70th birthday. Madam and I are currently on a most enjoyable wee road trip in France by way of further celebration!

Intoxicating acceleration, handling and fabulously compliant active suspension means the ride quality and making progress is always a joy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Blimey.. a lot of interest in my Corvette.

GM hit the ball out of the park with this Corvette... It's not just an American car anymore, The new C8 is available to order around the world... and RHD in UK, Australia, NZ, and Japanese markets!
    It was the new mid engine design and RHD that sealed it for me. I have owned an earlier (C5) Corvette. I placed my order in June 2020, and collected the C8 end of September 2022.
    It drives and handles among the best of them. I just love it.
    The Red Mist colour is an extra cost option that really 'pops' in the sunshine.
    Yes, the wheels are HRE.
    I saw a similar red one on the A1 yesterday and it looked superb. Lovely looking car !

Well, it finally happened. My 928 was off the road for a few months over winter, to have a proper refresh.

Firstly and most importantly, the engine came out for head gaskets and all the millions of “while you’re in there” jobs - injectors, fuel and vacuum lines, sensors, etc etc etc, ad naus. Then all back together with powdercoated and plated bits, for cosmetic loveliness. It runs beautifully and you really get a sense of how impressive that engine must have seemed 32 years ago when it was new.

Then: running gear. The big Brembos on the 928 S4 suffer from differential corrosion between the alloy calliper and the stem plates which guide the pads. Over time the plates lift and stop things working as they should. Again, a complete rebuild and I got them coated in red (not the standard black) because red is objectively better.

The suspension and steering rack got new bushes as well, and the electronic LSD was serviced.

Finally, bodywork. Over the years the shell had got a bit tatty. The sills were rotten, bubbly bits on the (few) steel panels, bits of alloy corrosion elsewhere, and the less said about the paint the better. All repaired, fresh paint in the original colour, and reassembled with new body seals.

I still need to sort the interior (the front seats are well worn and need a re-trim, ideally) and the wheels need a refurb (anodised finish; horrendously expensive and difficult).

The car went on display at the Retro Rides Weekender a couple of weeks ago, and I was very chuffed with the comments I had. Given that it goes, handles and stops like a new car, it was worth the investment and the time. Now, to enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    Well, it finally happened. My 928 was off the road for a few months over winter, to have a proper refresh.

Firstly and most importantly, the engine came out for head gaskets and all the millions of “while you’re in there” jobs - injectors, fuel and vacuum lines, sensors, etc etc etc, ad naus. Then all back together with powdercoated and plated bits, for cosmetic loveliness. It runs beautifully and you really get a sense of how impressive that engine must have seemed 32 years ago when it was new.

Then: running gear. The big Brembos on the 928 S4 suffer from differential corrosion between the alloy calliper and the stem plates which guide the pads. Over time the plates lift and stop things working as they should. Again, a complete rebuild and I got them coated in red (not the standard black) because red is objectively better.

The suspension and steering rack got new bushes as well, and the electronic LSD was serviced.

Finally, bodywork. Over the years the shell had got a bit tatty. The sills were rotten, bubbly bits on the (few) steel panels, bits of alloy corrosion elsewhere, and the less said about the paint the better. All repaired, fresh paint in the original colour, and reassembled with new body seals.

I still need to sort the interior (the front seats are well worn and need a re-trim, ideally) and the wheels need a refurb (anodised finish; horrendously expensive and difficult).

The car went on display at the Retro Rides Weekender a couple of weeks ago, and I was very chuffed with the comments I had. Given that it goes, handles and stops like a new car, it was worth the investment and the time. Now, to enjoy it!

Absolutely wow. And well done for making that investment and giving it another lease of life. I remember the launch and it winning Car of the Year. I was 10 years old and it was so futuristic so I have always had a soft spot for it. The owners of a petrol station near my house had a new one in blue and it was stunning. Her husband had a Rolls so times must have been good. Suspect they put 5 star petrol in the 928

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    Absolutely wow. And well done for making that investment and giving it another lease of life. I remember the launch and it winning Car of the Year. I was 10 years old and it was so futuristic so I have always had a soft spot for it. The owners of a petrol station near my house had a new one in blue and it was stunning. Her husband had a Rolls so times must have been good. Suspect they put 5 star petrol in the 928

Thanks! As it happens I did go Full Nerd and buy all new stickers for the engine bay and windows. It now has the period correct “Alarm-System Porsche” window stickers, firing order etc in the engine bay, and… a “Car of the Year 1978”.

This was my poster car when I was a kid, we’ve had it since 2007 and I intend to retain it until disposal is someone else’s problem.

Blog Entries

Very nice too! Did you get the cam belts done at the same time?

This was my very late registered S4 from a few years ago

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Very nice too! Did you get the cam belts done at the same time?

This was my very late registered S4 from a few years ago

Nice! Blue ones are best, clearly!

Mine’s a 1991 and I guess yours was too, they started banging out GTSs about 4 months after mine left the line.

Cambelt? Oh yes, belt, water pump, tensioner… Also had the camshaft chain tensioners in the heads renewed, basically everything that became accessible with the engine out. Well worth it, and it’s an absolute joy to drive.

Blog Entries
    Nice! Blue ones are best, clearly!

Mine’s a 1991 and I guess yours was too, they started banging out GTSs about 4 months after mine left the line.

Cambelt? Oh yes, belt, water pump, tensioner… Also had the camshaft chain tensioners in the heads renewed, basically everything that became accessible with the engine out. Well worth it, and it’s an absolute joy to drive.
    Mine was built in August 1991 but, as the GTS was launched the following month, there were between 60 and 70 S4 models in the UK that were registered over the next 18 months to 2 years or so. Mine was registered in Feb 93.

Porsche 928 has always been my dream car, just love the looks and those headlights to die for. Absolutely love seeing these being restored and maybe one day i will get one.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Mine was built in August 1991 but, as the GTS was launched the following month, there were between 60 and 70 S4 models in the UK that were registered over the next 18 months to 2 years or so. Mine was registered in Feb 93.
    Ah yes - the K-reg should’ve given that away! I seem to recall there were a good few GTS unregistered by the time they stopped making them, some only registered in 1997…

Here’s mine (the black one) with a couple of friends the other weekend.

Gotta love a V12!

That 928 is stunning. Very under-rated car I feel.

Master
    That car is just fantastic. Any more pictures of it?

Best car I’ve ever owned and I’m almost embarrassed to post in light of recent revelations!

X5 M40d with more bells and whistles than I’ll ever need…..

(and the ‘Grandad Friday SL’ while I was on Photobucket!)

Last edited by spuds; 31st May 2023 at 21:38.

I love that - the design of most modern Astons doesn’t really do much for me, but that is gorgeous, with just the right amount of malevolence to give it an edge. I bet it sounds heavenly, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Cat View Post
    That car is just fantastic. Any more pictures of it?
    Here you go:

To me it is the most beautiful of the modern Astons, and with the normally aspirated V12 it is just sufficiently old skool before the Merc turbocharged engines came in.

This one has pretty much every option on it, including the 7k B&O sound system which is awesome.

The entire car is carbon fibre, as it was their halo model. It does mean you want to avoid taking off a wing mirror as they are 5k each to replace. 😳

Master
    To me it is the most beautiful of the modern Astons, and with the normally aspirated V12 it is just sufficiently old skool before the Merc turbocharged engines came in.
    Lovely car TFB. I keep trying to talk myself into a V8V (a 2005-on one, not the 80s one!), but am slightly terrified of the running costs…

Just for a point of reference, the 5.2 twin-turbo V12 is an Aston engine, related to the engine in yours. The V8 is the Merc AMG engine.

Master
    Here you go:

This one has pretty much every option on it, including the 7k B&O sound system which is awesome.

The entire car is carbon fibre, as it was their halo model. It does mean you want to avoid taking off a wing mirror as they are 5k each to replace. 😳
    What a car. Really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    Lovely car TFB. I keep trying to talk myself into a V8V (a 2005-on one, not the 80s one!), but am slightly terrified of the running costs…

Just for a point of reference, the 5.2 twin-turbo V12 is an Aston engine, related to the engine in yours. The V8 is the Merc AMG engine.
    Same. I heard a full service is €10.000 around here…

Plus i would worry I damage it. Not that long ago i scratched the mirror of my car in this stupid insane small parking garage in the city.

Wow, both the 928 and the Vanquish are awesome. In many ways similar types of cars from different eras.

Family bus is a not very exciting but practical Firs grand C-max.

Recently picked this up, a 2007 2.7 base Cayman. Enjoying it, feels more solid than the MR2 and good fun so far

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WillS View Post
    Family bus is a not very exciting but practical Firs grand C-max.

Recently picked this up, a 2007 2.7 base Cayman. Enjoying it, feels more solid than the MR2 and good fun so far

Love the 987 lines.
    Great car for not a lot of money and an engine you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    Wow, both the 928 and the Vanquish are awesome. In many ways similar types of cars from different eras.
    I know exactly what you mean - large powerful GT’s with sporting capabilities rather than outright sports cars.

I’ve always had a big soft spot for 928’s, and some 944’s too.

I know exactly what you mean - large powerful GT’s with sporting capabilities rather than outright sports cars.

I’ve always had a big soft spot for 928’s, and some 944’s too.
    I've always loved the 928 because it was the first Porsche I saw in person as a kid. I never saw one in Yugoslavia, but on a trip to Munich in 1981 I saw a 928 and can still recall the image quite vividly.

And I would have a 944 Turbo if I had the garage space. My favourite non-911 Porsche. I still look at adverts and think about it, but I'd really have to give up something first. I think that facelifted Turbo shape is perfect.

Your Aston just looks epic!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Best car I’ve ever owned and I’m almost embarrassed to post in light of recent revelations!

X5 M40d with more bells and whistles than I’ll ever need…..

(and the ‘Grandad Friday SL’ while I was on Photobucket!)

Not sure what the recent revelations are, Dan. Looks like a lovely motor, white with black looks great. I have an X3 in Carbon Black with cream interior- looks gray when it’s clean, not so much when it’s not (most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    I've always loved the 928 because it was the first Porsche I saw in person as a kid. I never saw one in Yugoslavia, but on a trip to Munich in 1981 I saw a 928 and can still recall the image quite vividly.

And I would have a 944 Turbo if I had the garage space. My favourite non-911 Porsche. I still look at adverts and think about it, but I'd really have to give up something first. I think that facelifted Turbo shape is perfect.

Your Aston just looks epic!
    Thanks, and I am somewhat jealous of your beautiful 911’s. 👍

I have driven a 944S2 a few times and I really liked it - a three litre four pot is pretty unique and handling is still razor sharp. It also felt really well screwed together- which being a Porsche it undoubtedly was.

If only I had a few more garages too…

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    Not sure what the recent revelations are, Dan. Looks like a lovely motor, white with black looks great. I have an X3 in Carbon Black with cream interior- looks gray when it’s clean, not so much when it’s not (most of the time).
    Thanks Phil, and carbon black was actually my first choice of colour but when this one came up with all the gubbins I wanted I thought ‘soddit’ and took the plunge…..

Had a couple of spins out in the Boxster as the sun has been out.
    Including one to Tesco this morning for BBQ essentials, lol.