Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    i made those lights
    Thanks. 😂

As in, designed them? Or manufactured?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    My eldest daughter would have loved it she's a real petrolhead but unfortunately we couldn’t get the insurance to work so this is for my other half who older and drives like Miss Daisy but I’ll be on hand to give the little Abarth a serious blast each week.
    That would have been some first car, I’m guessing eye watering would be the term to describe the insurance quote.

I bet she’s gutted!
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    That would have been some first car, I’m guessing eye watering would be the term to describe the insurance quote.

I bet she’s gutted!
    It would have been her third car Ben and she has decent NCD as well but the quote was still horrendous.
    The key age used to be 25 it appears to be 30 now for cars like this. She has ended up with a decent Polo, not quite the same.

Master

Picked up yesterday
    Finally made it into the world of old man’s Cars..
    Had to sacrifice 2 or 3 watches too so better be worth it.

Craftsman
    Nice car Bro

I hope one of those watches sacrificed wasn’t an anniversary sub 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Picked up yesterday
    More dealer than old man. ;)

Enjoy, it’s a cracker.

Lovely car Hood, must be a blast. Top spec does always look great.

Father in law bought a Karoq today. Quite a good car in top spec but no memory seats on the passenger side and no electric steering wheel but does have wireless charging with maps from your phone on the infotainment. Not a bad car at all.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 19th June 2021 at 23:37.

Master
    Thanks for comments
    Wiley I've seen the Karoq in the matt grey (nardo) type colour and its a cracking looking car.

Karoq is apparently for the wife but I know he's going to use it daily and dump her in the XC90 which he never drives because it's a bungalow on wheels.

Luxury as a second car but couldn't do it as an only car myself. For the same money I would have went for a < 12 month old 3 series touring or c class estate.

Picked up yesterday
    I really like these, they look comfortable, quick, plenty of room, very well made and look great.

Hopefully one day I’ll have one..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Karoq is apparently for the wife but I know he's going to use it daily and dump her in the XC90 which he never drives because it's a bungalow on wheels.

Luxury as a second car but couldn't do it as an only car myself. For the same money I would have went for a < 12 month old 3 series touring or c class estate.
    Snob factor? Serious question because for the same money as the 3 series or C Class you could probably get a Superb Estate which gives you far more car for the same money.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Snob factor? Serious question because for the same money as the 3 series or C Class you could probably get a Superb Estate which gives you far more car for the same money.
    For 5k less you can get an E class estate which is a better car with much better tech but just like the Superb good luck parking it in London.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202102269512832

Volvo V90 is probably cheaper still. The massive estates depreciate quite hard and you end up paying the same or more for the medium size ones.

Master

Picked up yesterday
    I do like that colour, and a cracking car. I ran an "S" for 18 months and loved it, sacrificed on the alter of space and safety for the kiddies.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    I do like that colour, and a cracking car. I ran an "S" for 18 months and loved it, sacrificed on the alter of space and safety for the kiddies.

I’ve been thinking about these but not sure if big enough - would you say they have enough space for two small kids and all the stuff that comes with them (buggy, scooters etc)?

I’ve got the Macan s. My kids are out of prams so ideal, for them. But had a cayenne before that when they were in prams. Boot space isn’t big enough for prams and all the kids stuff for two kids in my opinion. Love the Macan, is a much more fun car to drive over the cayenne.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    I’ve got the Macan s. My kids are out of prams so ideal, for them. But had a cayenne before that when they were in prams. Boot space isn’t big enough for prams and all the kids stuff for two kids in my opinion. Love the Macan, is a much more fun car to drive over the cayenne.
    Thanks, I thought that would be the case but I need to go and look at one to decide for definite. I’ve never been that keen on Cayenne, the coupe version is quite nice but big money.

She’s back!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    She’s back!!!

lovely

Master
    It really happened!
    A few pages back i spoke of an event i was having a lash at

Leave here and go here

452 miles and 414 minutes

Close but no cigar, I found a local road closure on the A30 needing to divert around Truro, Multiple road works on the A30 where you were stopped at a red light on the Dual carriage way and a pick up would convoy a group of cars thru the cones at 10mph. Despite this i made reading services for a fuel stop 280 miles in 4hrs 5 mins and all looked great. 13 miles of Avg speed roadworks and onto the M25 north to start getting matrix info about a closure junction 26-27 and i wanted 28. At 26 i have 2 full hours left and 115 miles to run but the diversion killed off the chance and i missed the mark by 15 minutes. All of the winning cars at Ness Point had gone south round the M25 having better intel.

I collected this old girl a few weeks ago, a 2003 SLK 32 AMG - 68,000 miles, two previous owners and a full MB history.

I bought an SLK 320 from Martyndogs back in Autumn 2019, which had a hooky MOT and was completely rotten from the B pillar back.
    Nonetheless, it was a hoot to drive, and I was looking for another 320 when I stumbled across a collector who was selling this 32.

The SLK 32 is a rare beast, only 263 were officially sold in the UK.

This one has had the upper blower pulley reduced in diameter, and is good for around 4.5 seconds 0-60.
    The drive back from Norwich to Standish across country was a hoot, top down all the way.

It's as quick as I need, and the rarity of the SLK 32 makes it an instant conversation starter.
    Last edited by W124; 23rd June 2021 at 21:24.

Not having a job at the start of a pandemic really focuses the mind....and made "us" confront how sensible it was to have an M2 in the garage to do 2k miles a year. Especially given the cost of servicing warranty etc.

So i bought this (and took a pic outside it's spiritual home)

and remapped it to 230bhp / 280 lb torques.

Had it for a year now and got to say that i'm absolutely loving it. Costs buttons to run, is silly fast and handles amazingly well. In fact it's so good that now i'm gainfully employed again i really can't justify selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by W124 View Post

I collected this old girl a few weeks ago, a 2003 SLK 32 - 68,000 miles, two previous owners and a full MB history.

I bought an SLK 320 from Martyndogs back in Autumn 2019, which had a hooky MOT and was completely rotten from the B pillar back.
    Nonetheless, it was a hoot to drive, and I was looking for another 320 when I stumbled across a collector who was selling this 32.

The SLK 32 is a rare beast, only 263 were officially sold in the UK.

This one has had the upper blower pulley reduced in diameter, and is good for around 4.5 seconds 0-60.
    The drive back from Norwich to Standish across country was a hoot, top down all the way across country.

It's as quick as I need, and the rarity of the SLK 32 makes it an instant conversation starter.
    Brother moved to Canada around 6 years ago and offered me his one for £6k- like an idiot I turned it down. Biggest regret. The person who bought it drove from Scotland to London to buy it. He was building up a collection of cars which he thought would go up and this was one of them. Absolutely brilliant little cars!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MalaMD View Post
    I’ve been thinking about these but not sure if big enough - would you say they have enough space for two small kids and all the stuff that comes with them (buggy, scooters etc)?
    I have 3 kids under 10 and the Macan was way too small. No prams or buggies now but still tight for space, especially if mammy is along as well. The XC90 allows 3 side by side in the middle row, a huge boot space, and 2 adults in supreme comfort up front.
    The Macan is an amazing drive for an SUV, and I may go back down that way in future, but XC90 suits a family's needs well. Surprisingly quick for a 2.5 tonne monster. And the air suspension is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydonkey View Post
    Not having a job at the start of a pandemic really focuses the mind....and made "us" confront how sensible it was to have an M2 in the garage to do 2k miles a year. Especially given the cost of servicing warranty etc.

So i bought this (and took a pic outside it's spiritual home)

and remapped it to 230bhp / 280 lb torques.

Had it for a year now and got to say that i'm absolutely loving it. Costs buttons to run, is silly fast and handles amazingly well. In fact it's so good that now i'm gainfully employed again i really can't justify selling it.

Keeping hold of one for a year without having it nicked must be some kind of record!

:D i was worried about that, esp as i live in glasgow and it's got keyless entry etc. But thankfully it's a "benefit" of me WFH and the car not moving from my garage.

My mates often joke that i'm the only person under 70 who garages their fiesta every night. The garage did make a lot more sense when there was a lotus or m2 in it, but hey ho it's paid for now.

Been smoking around in my dad's old 2010 VW Tiguan 2.0 TDi SE Bluetech. It's not exactly an inspiring drive but:

1) It's absolutely mint. Dad had it from new and looked after it. Only done 60k.
    2) It was free
    3) I just filled it up and the range went to 750miles! I'm genuinely getting high 50mpg!

Master
    I got another seventies little sports car it’s a bug like watches. This one is to restore and maybe sell but I love it and will probably end up keeping it. It’s a Lancia Fulvia Sport 1600 Zagato

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BRGS View Post
    I got another seventies little sports car it’s a bug like watches. This one is to restore and maybe sell but I love it and will probably end up keeping it. It’s a Lancia Fulvia Sport 1600 Zagato

I would keep it... thats awesome.. please update with pictures if you do....

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

Very cool, is that the same model that Harry’s Garage has?

Master
    Yes it's exactly the same model RHD 1600. This one seems mechanically sound but cosmetically its very scruffy. I'm gonna do it as a project with my brother and when its tip top I'll probably end up keeping it. Now we are arguing as he likes things up to date and I like them original.

Harry has the bumpers off his which is a popular mod. It's a really interesting project as you try to dig up what Zagato did.

One of my car history regrets. Could have bought one around 15 years ago but didn't
    Silly move
    Tim

Sent from my CPH1941 using Tapatalk

Two wagons. I'm a wagon guy.

Volvo V70, year 2008 and Mercedes E Wagon 2019.

That zagato is lovely, hopefully it's not hiding the same horrors that harry's did

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydonkey View Post
    That zagato is lovely, hopefully it's not hiding the same horrors that harry's did
    That was my first thought. The vids from the garage have been a real eye opener. Scary!

Master
    Bit of rust 😉

I've always loved these. And it's a 1600 too, just great. The only thing I'd change is that aerial.

Good luck, but it will be worth it.

Bought this a few weeks ago and done a few hundred miles in it now. It's the oldest car I've ever owned and at 70 years old I'm amazed at its driveability. It coasts along at 70 on a dual carriageway and is a delight for passengers. The brakes are really good (going forwards at least) and the quality of all the fixtures and fittings and little details just delight.

Last edited by Shrek; 28th June 2021 at 17:57.

That’s amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Bought this a few weeks ago and done a few hundred miles in it now. It's the oldest car I've ever owned and at 70 years old I'm amazed at its driveability. It coasts along at 70 on a dual carriageway and is a delight for passengers. The brakes are really good (going forwards at least) and the quality of all the fixtures and fittings and little details just delight.

Great car. A time when cars had character. The problem nowadays is that all the cars look really good, but not much distinction between them. This just oozes character. Congratulations and good buy/choice.

Craftsman
    Class!

Honestly this car deserves its own thread, with plenty of photos.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Blog Entries
    My work car is an Outlander milk float but in my own time it’s an Alfa Brera Prodrive or 1260 Multistrada depending on how I feel

IMG_5866 by Bilko169, on Flickr
    Last edited by Frankie169; 29th June 2021 at 14:42.

Master
    2017 C43 AMG estate. Coming from an F15 X5, I wanted something smaller, more agile but still a reasonable amount of load lugging space. Loving it so far and glad I managed to break away from BMW's as I've owned them for the last 10 years.

As we live most of the time in Greece ...

Master
    Blog Entries

Good Lord, that’s wonderful!

Master

Beautiful. Is that a Mk VI or an R Type?
    My Dad had a pre-war RR by Park Ward. I think it was a 25/30 Touring.

... Second car for rough roads: Suzuki Samurai 1999!

Last edited by Jo Hande; 29th June 2021 at 12:23. Reason: typing correction

Quote Originally Posted by japester View Post
    She’s back!!!

Mine says ciao.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie169 View Post
    My work car is an Outlander milk float but in my own time it’s an Alfa Brera Prodrive or 1260 Multistrada depending on how I feel

IMG_5866 by Bilko169, on Flickr
    Love the wheels on this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Love the wheels on this.
    Thanks, they are the standard 19" wheels that come with the Prodrive then had them powercoated :)