timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 144 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,200 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    Picked this up yesterday…… love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lovely! I looked at the Stelvio Quadrifoglio a couple of years back - just wasn’t quite big enough.

I’d be interested to hear how you get on with it. Enjoy!

Master

Wow.
    Great looking machine

Love this. I'm definitely jealous.

Congrats. I’ve been looking at one of these. Lovely sound in race mode

Craftsman
    Not mine unfortunately but spotted in Scotland this week, autocar mag I think were doing their end of year round up. Some very nice metal on display but this one stood out

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    Not mine unfortunately but spotted in Scotland this week, autocar mag I think were doing their end of year round up. Some very nice metal on display but this one stood out

That is a weapon!

After three great years and 60k miles in this

This arrived today and has a lot to live up to.

The front grill has grown on me. I also think it’s colour dependent.

Master
    Looks Great Andy

Craftsman
    I think the grills on the new BMW’s look much better in the metal and don’t photograph well. I thought the new M3 was an abomination from the magazine pics but when I saw one in real life it looked mean/aggressive and I liked it.

Lovely car BTW

Craftsman
    I think the grills on the new BMW’s look much better in the metal and don’t photograph well. I thought the new M3 was an abomination from the magazine pics but when I saw one in real life it looked mean/aggressive and I liked it.

Lovely car BTW
    I agree, they don’t link great in photos but in real life they really work I think.

Master
    I bitterly regret selling my 1071 S Mk1 and 1275 S Mk II - so Picked this up the other day - great fun!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post
    I bitterly regret selling my 1071 S Mk1 and 1275 S Mk II - so Picked this up the other day - great fun!

That does look like fun, and without losing your licence

Quote Originally Posted by stiglet View Post

Very nice - I bet that wasn't cheap these days!

Few cars are as fun as a well sorted mini in my experience.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Craftsman

I’ve had this 2 weeks today. Loving it so far! Tesla model 3 standard range+

Craftsman
    I picked up an RS6 for family duties 2 weeks ago. Great car, stupidly quick, but it's already back at the dealers for £2500 of work. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jimyu View Post
    I picked up an RS6 for family duties 2 weeks ago. Great car, stupidly quick, but it's already back at the dealers for £2500 of work. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come!
    Need pics of that beast please

Quote Originally Posted by ManCityDG View Post

I’ve had this 2 weeks today. Loving it so far! Tesla model 3 standard range+

I like it in that colour. I believe the Standard Range Plus has had a performanc upgrade too?

Master
    Sold my AMG in August due to the increase in value, then found one of these available new. Picked up last Friday

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    I like it in that colour. I believe the Standard Range Plus has had a performanc upgrade too?
    I’m not sure if they had a performance upgrade but they are now made in China rather than Fremont and there’s been a huge improvement in quality since…from what I’ve read. The battery has also recently changed in the standard range plus. Performance wise it’s their slowest car they make. 0-60 takes 5.3….it’ll do 

Master
    Still got this it’s just had a polish and done the last car meet of the year, back in the garage for winter now and back to the trusty xc90 for winter

Gave the Duracell Performance a clean this afternoon, I remember now why I hate white cars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Gave the Duracell Performance a clean this afternoon, I remember now why I hate white cars!!!

Yet white is a very popular colour for Tesla. Maybe it's just in my area but most of them appear to white.

Most are white, because that colour is "free". Any other colour is £1k, and red is £2k.

I saw a wrapped one at the weekend, in a bright metallic blue, it looked very good from a distance.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Picked up this 90’s Jap today:

Blog Entries
    I had one of those nearly 30 years ago in dark Grey. The NA 2.0 16v engine was sweet and produced about 160bhp from memory and it handled very well too. Pop-up headlamps - well what can you say :-)

Once did Inverness to Watford (540miles) in 8hrs, which is nearly 70mph average! Wouldn't want to repeat that again, even if I could....

Coming up to 18 months with a 2014 VW UP - bargain basic model with wind up windows.

Have covered 22K in the last 12 months. Just had a full service and nothing needed doing - went through its MOT without a single advisory.

This the most practical and cost effective car I have owned in my 40+ years of driving.

Craftsman
    I’ve got 2 cars currently, a Mercedes E350D AMG Premium line and a Toyota GT86 with a few choice mods. The Merc is a wonderful car, but the GT86 is the one I’ll take out for a drive just for the sake of it.

2020 BMW m135i in story grey with some m-performance parts.

2007 Land Rover Defender 90 pickup in Keswick green (heavily modified)

Latest member of the fleet. I had a 650s which I sold last year but I missed a McLaren ...

Slightly jealous^^ :p

I had a nice blast around my home town along the sea line this morning after a cafe breakfast. What a way to start the day with crisp weather like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Picked up this 90’s Jap today:
    I wanted to buy the Carlos Sainz edition of this car from my girlfriends parents back around 2000. My dad wouldn’t lend me the money to buy it. Worried i’d wrap it around a tree I think!

Her parents replaced it with a 3.0 Z3…that was good fun to drive…and I did drive it like I stole it 🤣

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiekhan View Post
    Slightly jealous^^ :p

I had a nice blast around my home town along the sea line this morning after a cafe breakfast. What a way to start the day with crisp weather like this.

Lovely engine, do miss my Z4M but worth the loss for my wife to get the boxster she has always wanted.

Aye aye the induction noise with the Eventuri installed is as close to CSL without spending low to mid 4 figures for a full CSL plenum, intake an map!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Coming up to 18 months with a 2014 VW UP - bargain basic model with wind up windows.

Have covered 22K in the last 12 months. Just had a full service and nothing needed doing - went through its MOT without a single advisory.

This the most practical and cost effective car I have owned in my 40+ years of driving.

^^^ This ^^^

A few tips: check the AC fluid level and the g’box oil level. VW put these cars on the road with both levels at the absolute minimum of what’s needed.
    And after a few year on the road, these levels tend to drop a little. Especially the AC will benefit from a flush and new fluids. It will de-mist a lot faster as well (although, that was the case with mine).

Having said that, I'm driving this with a big smile:

I'm absolutely stoked about finding this car in this state. The seller used to live in Flandres when he restored the car. The paintwork has been done there. Local Dutch painters who had a look at the car this week, when I turned up at a local bodyshop for another car (a Saab 96 that's being restored in the shop), gave it a 10/10.

The previous owner is an amateur who did an amazing job. We couldn't find any flaws or 'cutting corners'. In fact, he took a year off to work on the car! The car came with tons of pics of the restoration and all bills since new. Everything a buyer wants to see/have.

M.
    Last edited by thieuster; 21st October 2021 at 19:47.

What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Some nice cars, but time to step things up a little. This bad boy is year 2000 vintage, and over the last 14 years it's been in the family has wanted for nothing. The option list was not spared and came fully loaded with wheels, doors, seats - the lot.

We are talking bad ass stuff here - this is front loaded with a 997,000 mm3 of engine capacity!

Onto the cockpit, and a little quiz for those under 25. Can you guess what this is?

There's a dizziying array of dials and gadgets, that takes a bit of getting used to.

Finally onto the boots. Nothing fancy here but the 14" steel wheels minimise friction losses, which means this thing goes like a scolded pussy.

I know there’ll be a few folk wondering what happened to Postman Pats silver van. Well seven years later and it just sailed through another MOT. It is now 21 years old.

😁😁😁👍👍

I know there’ll be a few folk wondering what happened to Postman Pats silver van. Well seven years later and it just sailed through another MOT. It is now 21 years old.
    It's a credit to its former owner, Mick P, for keeping it in such good condition.

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    ^^^ This ^^^

A few tips: check the AC fluid level and the g’box oil level. VW put these cars on the road with both levels at the absolute minimum of what’s needed.
    And after a few year on the road, these levels tend to drop a little. Especially the AC will benefit from a flush and new fluids. It will de-mist a lot faster as well (although, that was the case with mine).

Having said that, I'm driving this with a big smile:

I'm absolutely stoked about finding this car in this state. The seller used to live in Flandres when he restored the car. The paintwork has been done there. Local Dutch painters who had a look at the car this week, when I turned up at a local bodyshop for another car (a Saab 96 that's being restored in the shop), gave it a 10/10.

The previous owner is an amateur who did an amazing job. We couldn't find any flaws or 'cutting corners'. In fact, he took a year off to work on the car! The car came with tons of pics of the restoration and all bills since new. Everything a buyer wants to see/have.

M.
    Wow! Seriously cool

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    It's a credit to its former owner, Mick P, for keeping it in such good condition.
    Genuine lol. Only on TZ could a stunning McLaren be overlooked for Mick P’s old van.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Latest member of the fleet. I had a 650s which I sold last year but I missed a McLaren ...

That's a great looking one in that colour combination - grey with perhaps a touch of blue from your photo. Which model is it?
    Last edited by TheFlyingBanana; 22nd October 2021 at 12:21.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robbiekhan View Post
    Aye aye the induction noise with the Eventuri installed is as close to CSL without spending low to mid 4 figures for a full CSL plenum, intake an map!
    Heard a few with an Eventuri fitted & it is an amazing noise for sure, especially at the top of the rev range. Happy days!

I really do enjoy looking at the HUGE range of cars presented in this thread.

Craftsman
    Not as precious as some of the metal in this thread.....but also not too common either(U.K).

Some nice cars, but time to step things up a little. This bad boy is year 2000 vintage, and over the last 14 years it's been in the family has wanted for nothing. The option list was not spared and came fully loaded with wheels, doors, seats - the lot.

An old lady across the road has one exactly the same that I maintain, she only does very short journeys so there is this thick mayonnaise looking crap on the oil cap and you can see it on the cams, I thought the head gasket was going but I’m pretty sure it’s just short drives and a cold engine..

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    An old lady across the road has one exactly the same that I maintain, she only does very short journeys so there is this thick mayonnaise looking crap on the oil cap and you can see it on the cams, I thought the head gasket was going but I’m pretty sure it’s just short drives and a cold engine..
    It’ll be the short journeys. They all do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by magpie215 View Post
    Not as precious as some of the metal in this thread.....but also not too common either(U.K).
    Like that. 7 seats?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    It’ll be the short journeys. They all do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Like that. 7 seats?
    8.....but cosy for adults 2nd and 3rd row are bench seats the centre belts are lap belt only.

You can get 7 seaters where the second row bench is replaced with 2 captain seats.

We had the same thick mayo on our oil filler cap of our Agila too. I blamed it on the short runs as it never goes more than a few miles from home and we have a big estate for anything but pottering around. But that was not the problem.

A few years ago the water pump started clattering and I had it changed. The mechanic said that the water pump seal perishes and you can get water seep into the oil side of the engine. That was causing the mayo. It is a relatively straight forward fix.

And he was right, when the water pump and seal where both replaced we have not had any mayo since, and we are still on the same short runs. Supposedly common on these Vauxhall engines.

It is an proper old persons car. Our has been in the family for 21 years, but it was donated to us by my wife’s 90 year old late grandmother when she gave up driving 14 years ago.

It is just such a fixture now and we will only part with it when it dies. But judging by what the MOT inspector said it will be many years away as it is in fantastic condition, even after 21 years and 54k miles.

What do you drive?

Come to think about it, I think it was the timing chain cover gasket that was leaking. When the water pump was changed it was this gasket that was changed and I now remember the chain was also changed as there was a bit of play.

Check the coolant level. If small seeps of coolant are making it past the gasket and into the oil, you will notice the coolant level falling. It may be very slow.

Ours had lost coolant when we took it to the garage, so it all added up. I think the bill was around £400 and this was around 5 years ago. That was for water pump, timing chain and timing chain gasket plus all labour.

Come to think about it, I think it was the timing chain cover gasket that was leaking. When the water pump was changed it was this gasket that was changed and I now remember the chain was also changed as there was a bit of play.

Check the coolant level. If small seeps of coolant are making it past the gasket and into the oil, you will notice the coolant level falling. It may be very slow.

Ours had lost coolant when we took it to the garage, so it all added up. I think the bill was around £400 and this was around 5 years ago. That was for water pump, timing chain and timing chain gasket plus all labour.
    Thanks for your posts and PM, appreciate it..

I’ll let her know if her car starts playing up but she is well in her 80s and not sure she’ll be driving much longer, plus I don’t want a big job to do next n an old car!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scootnfast View Post
    Lambo

- - - Updated - - -

Lambo

- - - Updated - - -

Lambo

- - - Updated - - -

Lambo

- - - Updated - - -

Lambo

- - - Updated - - -