closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 105 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,250 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Journeyman
    How can they make the outside so beautiful, yet turn a blind eye to the inside? (IMO!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The top was off and it was quite sunny so it doesn’t reflect the true colours. I’ll get another shot tomorrow.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Nice car. Asthmatic engine.
    Granted not quite up to Honda VTEC N/A power units but still pretty decent, plus the SkyActive technology gives good low end torque and its way less asthmatic than any turbocharged engine ever. So I’d still take an MX5 over almost anything else excepting maybe a Porsche flat six. The chassis alone far outweighs any so called brilliant engine.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    How does a gt86 compare price wise?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    I drove a GT86 as my other top choice and really wanted to like it as I owned an original 1987 Corolla GT Coupe (although everyone now insist on calling them AE86’s), the GT86 is no Corolla replacement, Eco tyres give some fun, the engine lacks torque so much so you’d never guess it had 197 bhp, it needs wringing out fully to get even modest performance out of it. The MX5 absolutely knocks the Toyota into next week.

Craftsman
    Last edited by redkite; 7th June 2019 at 23:32.

Master
    I had a test drive of a Land Rover Discovery today as part of an invited event.
    I was amazed at the amount it creaked and rattled. Took a VW Amarok over the same route and it didn’t make a sound.
    Based on that small drive, a Land Rover product will not be parked on my drive for the foreseeable future.

This has finally arrived today, the future is Electric!!!

^^^What’s that electric Audi?

And why are the carpet mats so dirty?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    ^^^What’s that electric Audi?

And why are the carpet mats so dirty?!
    Yes Audi Etron really nice to drive!!!

Kids and a gravel drive way really annoying

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post

Looks like you have the same problem as me, previous owner put pea shingle down instead of the larger gravel, so it sticks in the soles of your shoes!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyMilts View Post

I don’t wish to be rude. And I am sure the car is spectacular.
    But in French, etron (or more pedantically étron, but pronunciation is virtually identical) is ... a turd!

Another example of car manufacturers thinking ling and hard about car names.

Master
    Why is it always in French that other manufacturers' cars are sh1t? 😁
    Toyota MR2 anybody?

And in Spanish, Nova = doesn't go.

Pajero! Or Wanker, as our Spanish friends might say.

Might be an urban legend, but appararently Rolls Royce were going to name a model Silver Mist until it was pointed out that mist is dung in German.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by steviefleming View Post
    After my entire life driving Vw-Audi , a car I said I would NEVER own !!!

Very very jealous! If only the mrs would drive it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    But in French, etron (or more pedantically étron, but pronunciation is virtually identical) is ... a turd!
    It is with great sadness and regret that I must report that did not learn that in my long ago French for Business AO level! They clearly failed to teach me the French I really needed.

This will bring a smile to my face every time I see one
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Bit like the Toyota MR2

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Audi must have known this though - any Marketing Department checks these things as a matter of course when naming, or choosing colours or designs for literally anything these days.

Odd though!
    So clever my foot fell off.

Finally I have a decent contribution to make to this thread!

599 GTB with HGTE pack from the factory. 5k miles and seen here sans number plate as she was getting a full correction detail and Gtechniq ceramic coating applied.

Love it to bits

Blog Entries
    Very nice - congratulations. I've always preferred the GT style (front engined) Ferraris for some reason.

Master
    The Abarth 124 has now gone and I've gone in a slightly different direction....

V50 T5 R-design. 10 years old but only 24, 000 miles on the clock.

I have a weird obsession for Volvo Estates. What I really want is a 240 :)

Journeyman
    Any recommendations for paint protection firms in the midlands? I’m getting a new car soon and wanted to get it ceramic coated..

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeeboy View Post
    Any recommendations for paint protection firms in the midlands? I’m getting a new car soon and wanted to get it ceramic coated..

I used this guy in Loughborough for my S3 a few years ago. Paint correction and ceramic coating cost £750 I think. He had it for 2 days. Excellent service. I think he does a mobile service as well

https://beautechnique.co.uk/

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    I used this guy in Loughborough for my S3 a few years ago. Paint correction and ceramic coating cost £750 I think. He had it for 2 days. Excellent service. I think he does a mobile service as well

https://beautechnique.co.uk/

Just my 2d worth. Feel free to ignore ;-)

I've had two cars now done with this type of after market coating and, tbh, I wouldn't do it again.
    The problems are
    a) I'm not convinced it's good long term. e.g. the gtech stuff needs regular top ups. btdt
    b) Even new it really doesn't seem that good at stopping things like wash scratches
    c) It does nothing to stop stone chips

What I plan next time is to get the front half of the car, forward of the A pillars, done with something like 3m scotchguard or amourguard or similar. Costs about the same and virtually eradicates issues with stone chips and, IMHO, it's stone chips that are the big issue. With careful washing you can stop or al least delay paint swirls and, when it gets too bad then get a detailer to give it a go over (make sure it's a detailed that knows what the heck he's doing!).

My S3 was done with this ceramic stuff and within 2 months there were several paint chips on the wings and bonnet from where they were redoing the roads near us.

Master

What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post

I've had two cars now done with this type of after market coating and, tbh, I wouldn't do it again.
    The problems are

b) Even new it really doesn't seem that good at stopping things like wash scratches
    Shouldn’t really be getting scratches from washing the car if you go through the routine.
    A bit of a phaff admittedly but after having it done you could pretty much just jet the car and it came up well

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post

The problems are
    a) I'm not convinced it's good long term. e.g. the gtech stuff needs regular top ups. btdt
    c) It does nothing to stop stone chips

What I plan next time is to get the front half of the car, forward of the A pillars, done with something like 3m scotchguard or amourguard or similar. Costs about the same and virtually eradicates issues with stone chips and, IMHO, it's stone chips that are the big issue. With careful washing you can stop or al least delay paint swirls and, when it gets too bad then get a detailer to give it a go over (make sure it's a detailed that knows what the heck he's doing!).

My S3 was done with this ceramic stuff and within 2 months there were several paint chips on the wings and bonnet from where they were redoing the roads near us.
    As with all things each to their own. The paint quality on my car was particularly poor and he sorted that. I'm not sure if they advertise ceramic coating as being effective against stone chips or not to be honest. I had it done for general everyday wear and tear and to help bead water off. My car is used about 6 months of the year and covers maybe 6-7000 miles. When washed it looks as it did when it first had the detailing done. I'll maybe look at getting redone next year.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Shouldn’t really be getting scratches from washing the car if you go through the routine.
    A bit of a phaff admittedly but after having it done you could pretty much just jet the car and it came up well

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I 100% agree. I do two snow foams, two bucket, wash mitts made from the softest whatever. That's why I was so peeved when you go to all that effort and you get stone chips on it :-(

Quote Originally Posted by GregR View Post

599 GTB with HGTE pack from the factory. 5k miles and seen here sans number plate as she was getting a full correction detail and Gtechniq ceramic coating applied.

Love it to bits

Greg
    Superb!
    The photo does not do it justice, so please take a moment to re-post again when you have some 'showy' shots for us!
    TIA

Love it to bits

Stunning!!!

Journeyman
    ...as of 10:00 this morning I’m driving nothing . My mustang was sold to webuyanycar who were really good, honouring their online quote and making the experience as painless as it could be..
    Now I have a two month wait til I can drive again ( torn achillies )!

Just picked this one up 2 days ago.

BMW Z4 2.2i

2019-08-22_10-09-12 by mcridland, on Flickr

2019-08-22_10-09-25 by mcridland, on Flickr

Loving it.

A few minor jobs to do, but for what I paid, I am VERY happy

Mark

PS: anyone want to buy a cheap MX5 with 9 months MOT, but a few issues? £500
    Last edited by Sharky; 22nd August 2019 at 13:42.

Master
    Just bought a BMW X1 18d xDrive - to go with my E92 335D, which I intend to keep

replaced a Skoda Yeti - a pity they stopped making them - tried a top spec Karoq, but preferred the X1, the 8 speed sport auto box is just very good

What do you drive?

Purchased at the beginning of the year, after considerable consultation with the forum community of course!

250CDI, incredibly long legs and a real Grand Tourer! Absolutely delighted with the car, especially the performance - motorway driving returns around 56mpg, at which point if I was barrelling down the autoroute the range in the tank would be upwards of 700 miles! Otherwise, local commuting is easily high 40s. Lazy engine is only (just) turning over at 1600rpm at 60mph! I think all that's astonishing!

It really has a decent turn of acceleration and speed when required, has adequate boot space for the two of us, the AMG rolling pack unfortunately means a slightly firm ride on country roads, but the wonder that is the convertible roof makes up for that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pinpull; 22nd August 2019 at 14:43.

Love it to bits

Worthy of its own thread. Looks amazing.

Thank for all of the positive comments. The Ferrari was a culmination of heartache and research over a number of years. I think I’ve found a good one and intend to drive it more than the previous four owners that amassed fewer than 5k miles.

I’ll get some pics done when I’m back from hols but in the meantime, a quick and dirty I took with another recent acquisition

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thank for all of the positive comments. The Ferrari was a culmination of heartache and research over a number of years. I think I’ve found a good one and intend to drive it more than the previous four owners that amassed fewer than 5k miles.

I’ll get some pics done when I’m back from hols but in the meantime, a quick and dirty I took with another recent acquisition

Great pair.👍

That is superb (and the watch)

Blog Entries
    Both your steering and bezel seem to be misaligned - better get that sorted asap! 😋

A lovely pair 👍

Master
    Blog Entries
    Picked this up on Thursday. Hasn't broken down yet. Result!

find a chase near you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post

find a chase near you
    Had one for 2 years and never missed a beat! Great car, scary depreciation and running costs though!

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    Just bought a BMW X1 18d xDrive - to go with my E92 335D, which I intend to keep

replaced a Skoda Yeti - a pity they stopped making them - tried a top spec Karoq, but preferred the X1, the 8 speed sport auto box is just very good
    Trust the 335d is still running well!

I from Wales, the land where good jobs don't exist outside Cardiff therefore I drive a 2006 Clio MK 3. Passes the MOT with zero faults every year and never breaks down or fails to start however and the mechanics say it is way more reliable than Golf`s that they see.

Picked this up last week. Great fun so far

upload pictures online

find a chase near you
    Lovely cars, a step above most for luxury

Thought I’d post this here too. Swapped from an e93 M3, which I will miss.

Only covered a 100 miles so far but really impressed. The difference in modes is much more pronounced, comfort is great for cruising and sport + is properly mad (not what I expected from a Merc!)

Banned
    Blog Entries

find a chase near you
    Great car. Great colour.

Craftsman
    Happy with this for the time being

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    I from Wales, the land where good jobs don't exist outside Cardiff
    I thought Swansea was booming!?