closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 99 of 119 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,950 of 5918

Thread: What do you drive?

  1. #4901
    Master sish101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    County Durham
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by tazio View Post
    Goggles needed 1968 all original S2A great fun ......


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cracking!

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

  2. #4902
    Master alfat33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,590
    Alfa Romeos were the gateway drug for me. I had a 1976 Giulia Coupe for about 3 years in the Ď90s and loved it to bits. It was pretty reliable, very well engineered apart from the rust which a previous owner dealt with. I had an S4 Spyder as well for a little while.

    If you think Alfas are exciting and niggly in equal measure, try an old Maserati

    I have to say the new Giulia looks fantastic, Iíd love to own one.

  3. #4903
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    569
    I love Alfaís but god I ainít brave enough 😬 they are superb looking cars and the engines are equally as nice but Iím not brave enough and so wish I was

  4. #4904
    Master alfat33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,590
    I donít think you have to be brave, just tolerant of the odd minor issues.

  5. #4905
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Back home in Great Grimsby
    Posts
    1,852
    ^^^

    This.

    In response to an earlier post maybe it is a tribal or belonging thing or even siege mentality when you hear always how terrible Alfas are. Like so many things you get it or you don't. Sometimes the details don't matter.

  6. #4906
    I was curious about the Guilia as I had a 146 twin spark many years ago (R reg) as a company car. I loved it but it cost 3500 in the first 2 years, which my company paid for, due to clutch and gearbox issues. I was hoping the newer ones were more reliable as Iíd be buying this myself.

  7. #4907
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    55
    Greetings from Czech. Any other m3 owners/fans here ? :)


  8. #4908
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog View Post
    ^^^

    This.

    In response to an earlier post maybe it is a tribal or belonging thing or even siege mentality when you hear always how terrible Alfas are. Like so many things you get it or you don't. Sometimes the details don't matter.
    Yup that just sums it up ...I had a client a few years ago who had a stable of 10 Bugattiís however he would have traded them all for an P4 Alfa the holy grail of racing cars ......


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  9. #4909
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuki View Post
    Greetings from Czech. Any other m3 owners/fans here ? :)

    Used to have this. Sorely missed.

  10. #4910
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    55
    Love the dark wheels on your former m3, looks great!

  11. #4911
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mid Glamorgan
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by tazio View Post
    Am looking at getting a 4C yes of course there will be problems but just stunning to drive and the detailing is simple gorgeous...already saving for the repair bills :)
    Are you sure you are on about the right car? Everything I have read about the 4C suggests itís incredibly disappointing.

  12. #4912
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,700
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Are you sure you are on about the right car? Everything I have read about the 4C suggests itís incredibly disappointing.
    Agreed. Only positive review was of a substantially modified car. General summation seemed to be that they'd managed to totally balls up the perfect raw ingredients.

  13. #4913
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Are you sure you are on about the right car? Everything I have read about the 4C suggests itís incredibly disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Agreed. Only positive review was of a substantially modified car. General summation seemed to be that they'd managed to totally balls up the perfect raw ingredients.
    THIS is exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to 'Alfisti' - I haven't read anywhere that the 4C is remotely good to drive and yet they think it's amazing because it has that badge attached. It's a cult, I'm telling you! I haven't driven a 4C but I've had a poke around one in the showroom because on paper, it should be pretty special - it was more like a kit car and that's not a compliment.

    Anyway, in reference to a previous post, I haven't suggested that all (or any) Alfa Romeo's are terrible - I wouldn't spend £40k on something that was. I was merely stating that the Giulia is not where it should be in terms of quality. But, it does have some great dynamic attributes and I'll leave it at that.

  14. #4914
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Back home in Great Grimsby
    Posts
    1,852
    I think you've hit the nail on the head. It is a cult.
    I have driven the 4c and as much as I liked it I knew in seconds that it was never a car to live with for any period of time.

  15. #4915
    Craftsman hoopsontoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Oxfordshire, Uk
    Posts
    638
    As of last week, an E90 330i, although I'm not driving it at the moment as it has an electrical gremlin after less than a week..... :(


    _20190112_153824 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

  16. #4916
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    Used to have this. Sorely missed.


    Amazing engines, always feels special when it comes out for summer



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  17. #4917
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,925
    Blog Entries
    3
    I'll join in with the M3 fun. Not for much longer though as it's sold.


  18. #4918
    Journeyman RitchieUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    78
    My 330 has this little logo

    Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

  19. #4919
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,744

    Boring but very economical




    Not exiting Ionic Plug in. 36 miles on electric , 500 miles on petrol. Boring yes , but thats what the Mazda is for.

    Steve
    Last edited by higham5; 15th January 2019 at 23:49.

  20. #4920
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post



    Not exiting Ionic Plug in. 36 miles on electric , 500 miles on petrol. Boring yes , but thats what the Mazda is for.

    Steve
    Iím a petrolhead but I genuinely really like that Ionic. Thereís one near me and Iím quite taken by it. 500 miles on Petrol is immense. How do you like it?

  21. #4921
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,744
    Quote Originally Posted by MTM84 View Post
    Iím a petrolhead but I genuinely really like that Ionic. Thereís one near me and Iím quite taken by it. 500 miles on Petrol is immense. How do you like it?
    Cant really give a long term test yet as I only picked it up last Friday. The gearbox is a 6 speed dct and in Eco mode it feels very leisurely. Switch it to Sport ( the dash goes red/ orange!!!) and it picks its feet up.

    Build quality is as least as good as my outgoing Honda

    Around town and upto 40 miles with a full charge its returning stupid fuel figures see below which was a journey involving motorway at 70/75. It stays on electric up until 80 something, so its not just using electric for crawling.

    Over the 170 miles of varied driving its averaged 87 mpg. Ill update the thread when I have some meaningful data.

    Steve


  22. #4922
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    738
    Brilliant Steve!

  23. #4923
    Master Caruso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by tazio View Post
    Goggles needed 1968 all original S2A great fun ......


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Wonderful, my first car was a Series IIa. I still remember the wonders of positive earth electrics!

  24. #4924
    Master Caruso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    1,978
    I've just gone electric too with an i3 Rex. It's an absolute hoot to drive as well as a very nice place to be inside.


  25. #4925
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    I'll join in with the M3 fun. Not for much longer though as it's sold.

    For me, this is a perfect looking M3, love the CSL wheels. I guess you must have enjoyed the car Dave, thanks a lot for sharing the pic ! What did you replace it with ?

  26. #4926
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I've just gone electric too with an i3 Rex. It's an absolute hoot to drive as well as a very nice place to be inside.

    Wow thats what I call easy access. What is the range, without the extender?

    Steve

  27. #4927
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,925
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuki View Post
    For me, this is a perfect looking M3, love the CSL wheels. I guess you must have enjoyed the car Dave, thanks a lot for sharing the pic ! What did you replace it with ?
    To be honest, it was a quick in and out job, (I buy and sell cars - though not normally this sort of thing).
    It's lovely but with 4 kids, it's not really suited to my needs!

  28. #4928
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic
    Posts
    55
    Understood, it is not a very practical family car :)

  29. #4929
    Master Caruso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Wow thats what I call easy access. What is the range, without the extender?

    Steve
    In the current weather and the roads I use it shows about 60 miles on battery.

  30. #4930
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    313
    What's the cost of a full charge and how long does a full charge take?

  31. #4931
    Master Caruso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worthing
    Posts
    1,978
    Quote Originally Posted by D4RK1 View Post
    What's the cost of a full charge and how long does a full charge take?
    It takes anything from 35 mins (DC fast charger) to 12hrs (13amp plug) and costs about £3 assuming 14p per kwh for a home charger.

  32. #4932
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    613
    this now 4ltr twin turbo v8

  33. #4933
    I like that V8 4L very much!
    It's just a matter of time...

  34. #4934
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chippenham ish
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdaytona View Post
    this now 4ltr twin turbo v8
    How long you had it? Had mine for about 18 or so months and itís the first car I havenít been looking to move on after 12 months. Superb thing!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  35. #4935
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    How long you had it? Had mine for about 18 or so months and itís the first car I havenít been looking to move on after 12 months. Superb thing!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    traded in my r8 for it last june having a sports exhaust fitted at end feb as the only thing missing is a bit more of a roar that you get with the w12 all work is carried out at main dealer (surprisingly cheap and they negotiate)last curtesy car was the conty flying spur as the new shape coupe demo was sold thats why I'm hanging on til end feb so i get the new conty as a curtesy car :)) probably the best all rounder I've ever had

  36. #4936
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin/London
    Posts
    837
    Blog Entries
    2


    I picked this up on Saturday. I’m well chuffed, it’s a bit of a step up in power from the 320d I had been driving!

  37. #4937
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post

    I picked this up on Saturday. Iím well chuffed, itís a bit of a step up in power from the 320d I had been driving!
    Theyíre a bit rapid arenít they.

    I only got mine in October, and still not properly floored it due to the weather. Taking a while to learn this one.

    You over on cutters?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #4938
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Theyíre a bit rapid arenít they.

    I only got mine in October, and still not properly floored it due to the weather. Taking a while to learn this one.

    You over on cutters?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Had my m3 wanting to step out last week,without really putting the boot down,really surprised me .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  39. #4939
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Chippenham ish
    Posts
    2,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdaytona View Post
    traded in my r8 for it last june having a sports exhaust fitted at end feb as the only thing missing is a bit more of a roar that you get with the w12 all work is carried out at main dealer (surprisingly cheap and they negotiate)last curtesy car was the conty flying spur as the new shape coupe demo was sold thats why I'm hanging on til end feb so i get the new conty as a curtesy car :)) probably the best all rounder I've ever had
    Quite different from the R8 I would imagine, what prompted the change? And your right a sports exhaust is a must with these, mine came with it and it sounds like a spitfire!!

    I have had mine serviced and fixed a couple of times and the best car I have had is a A6......



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #4940
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin/London
    Posts
    837
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Theyíre a bit rapid arenít they.

    I only got mine in October, and still not properly floored it due to the weather. Taking a while to learn this one.

    You over on cutters?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, same user ID on there. Havenít actually posted it on there yet as I want to clean it first. Did 600 miles bringing it home and itís filthy!

  41. #4941
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    2,020
    New pre-reg Focus ST line, lovely smooth ride but a bit boring, ideal shopping car!


  42. #4942
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Quite different from the R8 I would imagine, what prompted the change? And your right a sports exhaust is a must with these, mine came with it and it sounds like a spitfire!!

    I have had mine serviced and fixed a couple of times and the best car I have had is a A6......



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Totally different from the r8 the ride in the r8 was hard and tiring also too much messing around checking oil etc as itís a dry sump in a straight line they would be comparable but obviously the r8 takes corners better but build quality letís the Audi down where the Bentley is faultless

  43. #4943
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Aylesbury
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I've just gone electric too with an i3 Rex. It's an absolute hoot to drive as well as a very nice place to be inside.

    Wow that looks amazing, Id love one, but the Mrs!!!

    Whats the real life range and feel of the thing? I bet its quick to 0-40ish?

  44. #4944
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post


    I picked this up on Saturday. Iím well chuffed, itís a bit of a step up in power from the 320d I had been driving!

    Very nice, comp pack too.

  45. #4945
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,474
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Matdaytona View Post
    Totally different from the r8 the ride in the r8 was hard and tiring also too much messing around checking oil etc as itís a dry sump in a straight line they would be comparable but obviously the r8 takes corners better but build quality letís the Audi down where the Bentley is faultless
    Mat, you are not helping me with the V8 convertible search! My budget of £50k has been blitzed by looking at GTCs. I detect you think it worth it.

  46. #4946
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Mat, you are not helping me with the V8 convertible search! My budget of £50k has been blitzed by looking at GTCs. I detect you think it worth it.
    Try one you wonít want anything else 😊

  47. #4947
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Dublin/London
    Posts
    837
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish boy View Post
    Very nice, comp pack too.
    Thanks! You might see it about Belfast, Iím up there a bit.

  48. #4948
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdog View Post
    New pre-reg Focus ST line, lovely smooth ride but a bit boring, ideal shopping car!

    And youíre over on cutters too as seen that pic before!


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  49. #4949
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Enda View Post


    I picked this up on Saturday. Iím well chuffed, itís a bit of a step up in power from the 320d I had been driving!
    That's lovely.

  50. #4950
    Grand Master GraniteQuarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    26,069
    Quite a few cutters here, some more stealthy than others

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information