closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 159 of 165 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 7,901 to 7,950 of 8246

Thread: What do you drive?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Original Volvo water pumps are bullet proof, or so my Indy tells me. He advised me not to replace, and that most problems arise from non-OEM replacement.
    I used the dealer

Master
    Just picked up a 77 Midget. In process of debumperingIMG_6687.JPGIMG_6732.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    After about a year of trying to figure out what I wanted, I realised I really just wanted my old VW Lupo GTI back, but they are now 20+ years old, and I have enough old cars. So I settled for the next best thing. Really great so far.

Nice

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Thanks! I've been loving living with the Up. It's perfect for our busy and tight roads.

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    Just picked up a 77 Midget. In process of debumperingIMG_6687.JPGIMG_6732.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Youre not allowed to call it a midget these days, it must be referred to as a car of smaller stature!

I like the colour, is it going chrome bumper or staying naked?

Just bought a Renault Zoe for the wife. It's an EV and she has a 30 mile round trip commute plus some local journeys it's ideal. I'm seriously impressed with it. Rear seats don't give much space for passengers but the boot is big and it's fun to drive. When not in "Eco" mode the acceleration is alarming -- and I speak as a biker. We're keeping an ICE car (her old Fiesta) for longer journeys and as my daily runaround.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Youre not allowed to call it a midget these days, it must be referred to as a car of smaller stature!
    That made me smile! Maybe replace the 'Midget' badge with a PORG.....person of restricted growth.

Taking the black bumpers off and lowering the car will transform it, the reduction in weight is v. worthwhile.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    That made me smile! Maybe replace the 'Midget' badge with a PORG.....person of restricted growth.

Taking the black bumpers off and lowering the car will transform it, the reduction in weight is v. worthwhile.
    Agree fully, first classic I drive was a PORG with chrome before the legislation came in.

Still the slowest and scariest car aged 19 I ever drove being used to hot hatches. It was all so direct & the elbow on the door was a great suggestion for the steering.

Had great fun in that. If I had the space for a slow classic Id be in one tmrw but in the ranking of what I want space for in a single garage it doesnt work out.

Just bought one of the last Fiesta STs in a rather fetching/awful shade of mean green. Very rapid and perfect for the narrow country roads where I live. Makes for a fun commute - I honestly cant imagine ever wanting more power or agility in a road car even though many on here have far more thoroughbred machines

Craftsman
    I've just overhauled the fleet so to speak so now have the following
    An M140i 5 door auto in Melbourne red metallic
    A 435D Gran Coupe in individual San Marino blue metallic with individual oyster merino leather
    A black Skoda Superb 2.0 diesel DSG estate SE Business edition.

This is the first time in 3 years that I haven't had at least one manual car, but tbh whilst I do enjoy driving a good manual I'm not sure whether I'll ever buy another, although that may change if I find a nice one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    After about a year of trying to figure out what I wanted, I realised I really just wanted my old VW Lupo GTI back, but they are now 20+ years old, and I have enough old cars. So I settled for the next best thing. Really great so far.

Great fun little cars , really enjoyed owning one, enjoy

So with much regret, had to let the old V60 D5 go as my rapidly growing teenagers couldn’t fit in the back much longer. Went for a V90 Cross Country with T6 :

as opposed to the new 2.0 D5 owing to PowerPulse boost hose issues with latter, didn’t fancy replacing at every service or being stranded.

Delighted with it so far, ultra comfy, practical with great tech and fast in a straight line when required. It’ll never rival a BMW 530e I used to have for driving enjoyment, but didn’t expect it to (although the Volvo is marginally faster 0-60). The larger wheels and raised suspension are also coping well with Glasgow City Councils atrocious roads, my pothole repair bill in the old V60 was pushing 2K over the few years I had it, one of the reasons I went for CC.

Now to Polestar or not to Polestar….
    Last edited by MattMM; 9th July 2023 at 13:32.

Had this wee beastie a couple of months now. Surprisingly nice to drive.

Modern Transits are surprisingly good to drive. 👍
    So clever my foot fell off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Modern Transits are surprisingly good to drive. 👍
    Yes, the handling is good given what it is, obviously can't throw it around like the mini cooper I part exchanged on it, but not bad at all. Power is good too but can get bogged down if not carefull with the revs / gear selection but that's me at fault rather than the van. Overall, very happy, and very comfy to camp in too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMM View Post
    So with much regret, had to let the old V60 D5 go as my rapidly growing teenagers couldnt fit in the back much longer. Went for a V90 Cross Country with T6 :

as opposed to the new 2.0 D5 owing to PowerPulse boost hose issues with latter, didnt fancy replacing at every service or being stranded.

Delighted with it so far, ultra comfy, practical with great tech and fast in a straight line when required. Itll never rival a BMW 530e I used to have for driving enjoyment, but didnt expect it to (although the Volvo is marginally faster 0-60). The larger wheels and raised suspension are also coping well with Glasgow City Councils atrocious roads, my pothole repair bill in the old V60 was pushing 2K over the few years I had it, one of the reasons I went for CC.

Now to Polestar or not to Polestar.
    I was looking at the polestar remap on my xc60 t6 but decided against as it can put your insurance through the roof

What do you drive?

The Black Pig ( Abarth 500 Esseesse )

Master
    Picked my wife’s new ID4 today.
    First time I’ve driven an electric car, I am rather impressed.
    Last edited by JeremyO; 22nd July 2023 at 18:03.

Journeyman
    My first Porsche collected last month. Delighted with it. 992 Carrera T with a manual box and rear wheel steer.

[/ATTACH]My T.jpg
    Last edited by gregjd; 2nd August 2023 at 14:39.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjd View Post
    My first Porsche collected last month. Delighted with it. 992 Carrera T with a manual box and rear wheel steer.

[/ATTACH]My T.jpg
    Lovely that.

Cant say im a fan of all the wings and spoilers that adorn many of the higher-performance 911s these days.

[/ATTACH]My T.jpg
    GT Silver?

My favourite Porsche colour

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    Lovely that.

Cant say im a fan of all the wings and spoilers that adorn many of the higher-performance 911s these days.
    And Ive just been sent this link.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTw33...ature=youtu.be

Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by stefaulkner View Post
    And Ive just been sent this link.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTw33...ature=youtu.be

Case closed.
    OH.

MY.

DAYS!

[/ATTACH]My T.jpg
    Blimey, colour me jealous!!

Very, very nice...

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    GT Silver?

My favourite Porsche colour
    Yep, GT Silver.. I toyed with the idea of Python Green but I was worried I'd tire of it. I plan on keeping this car for a long time. Silver is also so easy to keep looking clean. I went for the T specific interior with Lizard Green stitching/belts/cloth so I have a dash of colour there. Also added Racetex (basically Alcantara) on the wheel/roof lining/armrest which I'm pleased with and the GT3 side skirts via the dealer (cheaper and more aggressive looking than the regular bodykit options).

Thanks guys for the positive comments!

^ really nice car. Do you have any photos of interior?

Master
    Yep, GT Silver.. I toyed with the idea of Python Green but I was worried I'd tire of it. I plan on keeping this car for a long time. Silver is also so easy to keep looking clean. I went for the T specific interior with Lizard Green stitching/belts/cloth so I have a dash of colour there. Also added Racetex (basically Alcantara) on the wheel/roof lining/armrest which I'm pleased with and the GT3 side skirts via the dealer (cheaper and more aggressive looking than the regular bodykit options).

Thanks guys for the positive comments!
    Had my GT Silver CGTS 981 since 2 weeks prior to lockdown v1. I have never once regretted the colour choice, when it is clean it just pops, when it is filthy it hides it so well!

Mine has the alcantara inside as part of the spec, but original owner went leather on the wheel which I think I prefer after a JCW R56 with it - but lovely to grip; perhaps I just get clammy hands.

Your door mirrors look a darker shade & match the text on the wings - not seen that before / haven't noticed; is that a model specific thing?

Agree with you on PG, I love the idea of owning one / the MB but knew I would regret it sooner or later. GT is timeless.

After the kids arrived Ive been relatively sensible with cars. But after a few years away from track days, this came up and couldnt resist.

Mapped, new cams, smaller sc pulley, intake, coilovers, brakes, exhaust and some sticky rubber. Best of all, it looks nice and standard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post
    After the kids arrived Ive been relatively sensible with cars. But after a few years away from track days, this came up and couldnt resist.

Mapped, new cams, smaller sc pulley, intake, coilovers, brakes, exhaust and some sticky rubber. Best of all, it looks nice and standard!

Love this !! Miss my old supercharged mini - mine was running around 220bhp and was a real hoot.

What do you drive?

Had to sell my trusty BMW as needed to comply with ULEZ. Very impressed with this RAV4 hybrid, very smooth and economical and the interior is very Land Rover ish in a functional and smart way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Wow they have got large over the years!

Its a big lump lol

Quote Originally Posted by ELD1970 View Post
    Its a big lump lol

There will definitely be no mountain or off road trail in the Home Counties that will defeat you in that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenVrs View Post

Great cars, I've had a couple including one that got written off while it was parked. Shame. Absolute hoot along a nice backroad.

I purchased a RAV4 hybrid about a month ago and just love it just got back from Caterham about 94 miles and got 57.2 mpg well impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Wow they have got large over the years!
    This ^^^^ once upon a time they were considered compact.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    This ^^^^ once upon a time they were considered compact.
    That is how I remember them, not quite proper dinky off roader, but smaller none the less. This looks like it is now defender 110 sizing! To be fair it looks so much better than the earlier ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    That is how I remember them, not quite proper dinky off roader, but smaller none the less. This looks like it is now defender 110 sizing! To be fair it looks so much better than the earlier ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Lots of things look different to how they did 30 years ago, not sure if it's better or worse looking, but it's certainly put on some timber.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Here is my little beauty

Quote Originally Posted by PAM580 View Post
    Love this !! Miss my old supercharged mini - mine was running around 220bhp and was a real hoot.
    My old one was 220ish, and phenomenal fun. This ones a different beast, more aggressive. Cant wait to get it on track!

After a four month wait I picked this up on Friday. Running in at the moment but my god is it quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    After a four month wait I picked this up on Friday. Running in at the moment but my god is it quick.

Whats the model
    Thanks

Craftsman
    Lovely Z4!

I've decided now is the time to scratch the V8 itch. Was originally looking for a B7 RS4 but this came up locally and I was immediately smitten, very nicely presented & totally standard.

Blog Entries
    When I'm not traveling overseas, I (still) drive this thing (2019 - M140i) from Gloucester to London every week...

... & I keep thinking there must be a more mature, comfortable car for the weekly commute...

I'm uncertain on the future of diesels, so that leaves me with a choice of petrol or a hybrid.

I like a 6 cylinder engine's smooth performance - so options are BMW 240i, 340i, 540i, 640i ... Audi S5, others ?

Then, one blart across Wales up to see the parents in North Wales (Nav set to no motorways) and all that is forgotten ...

Plus, it is a surprisingly capable motorway cruiser - even with a family of 4 onboard

It is returning just over 35mpg on average in my use - which is (unfortunately) >90% motorway.

So, I'm thinking I'll keep this for a few years yet...

z
    Last edited by zelig; 4th September 2023 at 21:34.

Master
    Season starting to be over here in the North...

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post
    Lovely Z4!

I've decided now is the time to scratch the V8 itch. Was originally looking for a B7 RS4 but this came up locally and I was immediately smitten, very nicely presented & totally standard.

Thank you. Its an absolute rocket.

Good time to buy a V8 M3. Values have strengthened recently.

Very nice. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    When I'm not traveling overseas, I (still) drive this thing (2019 - M140i) from Gloucester to London every week...

... & I keep thinking there must be a more mature, comfortable car for the weekly commute...

I'm uncertain on the future of diesels, so that leaves me with a choice of petrol or a hybrid.

I like a 6 cylinder engine's smooth performance - so options are BMW 240i, 340i, 540i, 640i ... Audi S5, others ?

Then, one blart across Wales up to see the parents in North Wales (Nav set to no motorways) and all that is forgotten ...

Plus, it is a surprisingly capable motorway cruiser - even with a family of 4 onboard

It is returning just over 35mpg on average in my use - which is (unfortunately) >90% motorway.

So, I'm thinking I'll keep this for a few years yet...

z
    Cant fault you. I came out of a 4 series diesel hybrid convertible into the Z4. I turned 50 in June and though if I dont do it now I never will.

We have one practical car in family so I dont need one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Whats the model
    Thanks
    Its a Z4 M40i. So 3L straight six with single turbocharger. Official figures are 340bhp.

Blog Entries
    We have one practical car in family so I dont need one as well.
    Good call - mine has to be 'practical' - but doesn't mean it cannot be fun too.

That Z4 must be a hoot with 340 bhp & even less mass !

z

Its a Z4 M40i. So 3L straight six with single turbocharger. Official figures are 340bhp.

:)

& likely significantly more power than that, I have coupe with the other brand badges but essentially the same core car, and I love the engine and daily driving ease of it. Even though its a turbo the engine reminds me a lot of my old straight 6 BMW 525.
    It's just a matter of time...