closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 88 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,400 of 8239

Thread: What do you drive?

Master
    Agreed. I have had much more pressing issues over the last couple of years but was always a bit depressed to see it growing moss and developing some paint deterioration.

I reckon itll be back driving in a week or so and then i need to find a decent body shop to sort some bits.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Agreed. I have had much more pressing issues over the last couple of years but was always a bit depressed to see it growing moss and developing some paint deterioration.

I reckon itll be back driving in a week or so and then i need to find a decent body shop to sort some bits.
    God luck with bringing her back.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    Always been a favourite of mine.
    Me too, i always wanted one and was lucky to find a nice example being sold by a guy who needed rid. Its a shame it has deteriorated so much but im really looking forward to having it back on the road.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Ive had this for a few years but it has been SORN for the last couple. Just moved it to a hangar at my current workplace and plan to get it back on the road. New batteries, new tyres and get the wipers working (they seized just before it went off the road) and it should be good to go. Needs a bit of body work though to get it looking right.
    Love these. They've got directional wheels to aid airflow over braking. Got to love German design!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Love these. They've got directional wheels to aid airflow over braking. Got to love German design!
    Yes, though I believe those "propeller" alloys (in IIRC 17" diameter) originated from the E34 M5 and were added to the 8 series options list later.

Add : The correct term is turbine not propeller. Though the alloys fitted to this car are the later "throwing star" variant from the later E34 M5 model. They have the added cache of being wider at the rear (iirc 8" front and 9" rear).

I knew that reading Performance Car cover to cover in my youth, rather than studying for exams would come in handy sometime.
    Last edited by vagabond; 5th May 2018 at 22:59.

It's not new to me, and I have posted this here before. However, it's been in the garage for a month for a replacement gearbox. I'm just so happy to have it back.

Sent from my [device_name] using TZ-UK mobile app

It's not new to me, and I have posted this here before. However, it's been in the garage for a month for a replacement gearbox. I'm just so happy to have it back.

Edit: for some reason picture won't load/attach. It's my Alfa 147 GTA.
    Last edited by SeanST150; 6th May 2018 at 23:25.

Quote Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
    This arrived yesterday - pretty happy with it so far, despite being unbelievably impractical!

Not sure if this post was a joke as it seems to have been totally overlooked?

I'll bite. Please post a few more photos and explain a little more about the inpracticalities.

BTW - It looks stunning.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Not sure if this post was a joke as it seems to have been totally overlooked?

I'll bite. Please post a few more photos and explain a little more about the inpracticalities.

BTW - It looks stunning.
    Ha, no it wasn’t a joke. I’ll post some more photos later as I’m out and about right now. And thanks, I’m really pleased with it.

With regards the impracticalities, I’ll put it in context - it’s my only car at the moment, where as it’s probably more of a second car or weekend car. The boot is microscopic, the doors look super cool but mean you can get trapped out of it if someone parks too close (as happened yesterday!) and the rear seats aren’t really big enough for my 10yr old daughter and her friends. I also seem to be filling it up every 2 or 3 days as the fuel tank is tiny. But I love it. I’ll have to buy a second car but I knew that when I chose it. I’ve had it about a week and I have to say I never anticipated the amount of attention it gets!

...im really looking forward to having it back on the road.
    All the best with getting it back to its former glory

Mine has been enjoying being back on the road in time for the summer.

Master
    Very pleased so far after a week (apart from with how dirty it is already!)

Craftsman

Nothing fantastic

But I love it!

Craftsman

Picked up as weekend car but currently handling commuting duties with ease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This beauty, it’s on Sales Corner currently so is on countdown as I have a new car incoming after my 9 year love affair with my MX5.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post

That looks stunning.

Craftsman
    Some nice BMWs here. Love the 8 series and I8.

Sold my E30 today :(

I saw an i8 in the flesh yesterday as it 'ghosted' along Colmore Row in Brum.
    Turned heads all the way along, including mine.
    Looked amazing, hope you enjoy yours!

Hopefully I'll be picking my new motor up next weekend. Done the deal and sorted a decent part-ex price, trading my Toyota GT-86 for a ...........................Transit Custom:)

Not the usual progression I know but I'm doing 80% of my driving in my old shed of a Transit Connect, so a nice van that gets used everyday instead of sat on the drive seems like a good move. Strangely looking forward to picking it up more than some of the nice cars I've had!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RossC View Post

One of the very best looking cars on the road, always has been - am amazed it didn't sell in greater numbers - stunner !

My new summer toy, one of the last 6 cylinders

Untitled by Alex L, on Flickr

Master
    Had a day of fettling today and ended up with a longer list to do than I originally thought! Mind you I didnt have much else to do on a sunny friday off.

It is certainly looking a bit less sorry for itself after a bit of a wash atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post

Great choice and the perfect colour, enjoy Alex.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post

Love that Alex. Kids drove me out of boxsters, loved every mile that the wheels turned. Enjoy.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Love that Alex. Kids drove me out of boxsters, loved every mile that the wheels turned. Enjoy.
    Snap!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, it’s pretty much the slowest weekend toy I’ve owned in years, apart from the Defender which it sits alongside but I’m really enjoying driving it. The previous owner went to town on options, including sports chrono and PSE which were must haves and had to be an interesting colour.

I picked up an AMG GLC 43 today.

It's not a real AMG given it's both an SUV and 4x4, but it's still twice as powerful as anything I've driven before.

Sports+ mode is positively frightening.

I was given a C43 AMG as a hire car in Germany last week and I felt it was a bit sluggish compared to my S4, I was a little underwhelmed if I am honest. I am sure it is a very quick SUV though.

Quote Originally Posted by guinea View Post
    I picked up an AMG GLC 43 today.

It's not a real AMG given it's both an SUV and 4x4, but it's still twice as powerful as anything I've driven before.

Sports+ mode is positively frightening.

Blog Entries

Just said farewell to this cracker, gorgeous V8 rumble abd 27-29MPG with 'considerate' driving, think ended up in Norfolk) - am now into the new 540i X-drive, wonderful (and quieter than the 650i GC) for driving up/down to Girona any time of year

Master

^

Impressive fuel economy for the V8!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ingenioren View Post

Just said farewell to this cracker, gorgeous V8 rumble abd 27-29MPG with 'considerate' driving, think ended up in Norfolk) - am now into the new 540i X-drive, wonderful (and quieter than the 650i GC) for driving up/down to Girona any time of year
    Could you give us an update on the 540i XDrive I've just ordered mine arriving in September and not even driven one,deal was too good to miss and cheaper than a 520d at £700/month.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeePee View Post
    Could you give us an update on the 540i XDrive I've just ordered mine arriving in September and not even driven one,deal was too good to miss and cheaper than a 520d at £700/month.
    Nothing but good

Bluestone (as close to Space grey as I could get), Ivory white Nappa, Msport+, Comfort, Technology, Visibility 'packs', Sunroof, Sun pro glass. 20'' alloys, etc.
    (They are very good adding their packs....)

Very nimble, surefooted, with great 'driveability' - very quiet, sharp responses, and much prefer the Pirelli P-Zeroes to the Dunlop SportMaxx on my previous.
    Excellent finish to the interior, 'a place of definite comfort'.
    Have raced through many Beemers, to my wife's despair, but think this will be in the stable for quite a while.
    38-40 MPG cruising at around 90mph on French/Spanish M'ways, plus the odd blast..

Tried to see if they would deliver a Rhodonite silver with claret burgundy leather, but no go.... (then it would have to be an Aston )

Amazing cars - one of our neighbours (always a Merc man) was thoroughly impressed.
    Last edited by ingenioren; 16th May 2018 at 17:59.

Master
    Sounds amazing thanks,mines a bit lower spec unfortunately,just Sapphire Black,a sunroof,heads up display,rear tinted windows,rear camera and music upgrade.

Just got this;

It's stupid! I took it through the back lanes to the M11 yesterday on the way back from Letchworth, it's so planted on the road and just keeps pulling. The only thing that will replace it is a Cayman I think!

Or Kids.....

Collected this last weekend, S5 Sportback, not had an Audi for a while and I'm quite pleased with it

'65 Mustang Fastback with 408ci Stroker V8

[IMG]Untitled by Simon C, on Flickr[/IMG][IMG]Untitled by Simon C, on Flickr[/IMG]

Blog Entries
    Some awesome cars on here folks, both new and vintage. Thanks again for posting

Quote Originally Posted by simon-c View Post
    '65 Mustang Fastback with 408ci Stroker V8

Superb. Even if you don't look like Steve, you must feel you do
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    That Mustang looks awesome. I would love a fastback, but my weather says a convertible is a better choice. Mind me asking, where did you source yours?
    Last edited by Skyman; 17th May 2018 at 20:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    Collected this last weekend, S5 Sportback, not had an Audi for a while and I'm quite pleased with it

Awsome

That looks lovely. Off topic, did you know that 'people selling mirrors' is a thing?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
    Ha, no it wasn’t a joke. I’ll post some more photos later as I’m out and about right now. And thanks, I’m really pleased with it.

With regards the impracticalities, I’ll put it in context - it’s my only car at the moment, where as it’s probably more of a second car or weekend car. The boot is microscopic, the doors look super cool but mean you can get trapped out of it if someone parks too close (as happened yesterday!) and the rear seats aren’t really big enough for my 10yr old daughter and her friends. I also seem to be filling it up every 2 or 3 days as the fuel tank is tiny. But I love it. I’ll have to buy a second car but I knew that when I chose it. I’ve had it about a week and I have to say I never anticipated the amount of attention it gets!
    Isn't that a hybrid? May explain why you keep needing to fill it up if you've not had it plugged in!

Beautiful cars though, I'm a BMW man myself (520d luxury - see pic of similar but not actual car!) and we've got a baby on the way (due in 3 weeks).

I was hoping to upgrade to the M5, but given impending parental duties thinking of shifting to an X6M or Porsche Cayenne (though I've heard very mixed reviews o the latter...).

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Also, appears as though great taste in watches extends to cars also given the number of Bimmers on here!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Doive88 View Post
    Isn't that a hybrid? May explain why you keep needing to fill it up if you've not had it plugged in!

Beautiful cars though, I'm a BMW man myself (520d luxury - see pic of similar but not actual car!) and we've got a baby on the way (due in 3 weeks).

I was hoping to upgrade to the M5, but given impending parental duties thinking of shifting to an X6M or Porsche Cayenne (though I've heard very mixed reviews o the latter...).

I’m guessing impending parental duties means your first child is on the way. A 5 Series is more than big enough especially if BMW decide to do an estate version.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    That looks lovely. Off topic, did you know that 'people selling mirrors' is a thing?
    Sorry I don't understand the question

I believe he's referring to people stealing the silver mirror covers for resale.

Master
    Blog Entries

I've got 2 young children and my wife drives an F10 Alpina D5 which copes very well with all children duties..

How about an Alpina D5 if you don't want to upgrade to the M5
    Last edited by CaptainSlow; 18th May 2018 at 09:52.

Sorry, I was being a bit obscure. It was about your reflection:

and comparing that with 'people selling mirrors', e.g. https://www.eatliver.com/selling-mirrors/

Also, appears as though great taste in watches extends to cars also given the number of MX-5s on here!

That's better.
    "A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Sorry, I was being a bit obscure. It was about your reflection:

and comparing that with 'people selling mirrors', e.g. https://www.eatliver.com/selling-mirrors/

With you now. That's my Detailer, not me btw

Master
    Picked this up a couple of weeks ago as a bit of summer fun.