closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 154 of 165 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,700 of 8237

Thread: What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Some nice cars, but time to step things up a little. This bad boy is year 2000 vintage, and over the last 14 years it's been in the family has wanted for nothing. The option list was not spared and came fully loaded with wheels, doors, seats - the lot.

We are talking bad ass stuff here - this is front loaded with a 997,000 mm3 of engine capacity!

Onto the cockpit, and a little quiz for those under 25. Can you guess what this is?

There's a dizziying array of dials and gadgets, that takes a bit of getting used to.

Finally onto the boots. Nothing fancy here but the 14" steel wheels minimise friction losses, which means this thing goes like a scolded pussy.

8 years on and it has just sailed through another MOT.

Now 22 years old.

Master

Now 22 years old.
    Loved it last time you posted it & smiled again now.

Hoping our Smart does similar, 15 plate so a long way to go but added 31k since purchasing 3 years ago, far more than our other cars have managed.

A small, park anywhere car is the most relaxing thing to leave in a car park. We love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    That will look awesome once it’s had paint and lacquer
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    And bigger wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Are those 21 inch rims?
    Are you dissing the man's car?

Blog Entries

Now 22 years old.
    Sounds similar to our MK1 2001 Yaris - now in its 22nd year and ours for 18 if them. Still going strong - don't think it's ever failed an MOT (yet). An amazing vehicle in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I’d never diss another man’s car, there are limits . I love the colour, but it does look a little like undercoat.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Sounds similar to our MK1 2001 Yaris - now in its 22nd year and ours for 18 if them. Still going strong - don't think it's ever failed an MOT (yet). An amazing vehicle in that sense.
    That is great quality Japmobiles for you.

Same here, never failed an MOT except for maybe a routine replacement item like a bulb, tyres or brake pads.

The Agila is a Japmobile (Suzuki Wagon R) with a Vauxhall badge and engine. The only issue we have had is with, surprise, surprise, the engine (new water pump).

Master

I’ve been driving a vw caddy for past four years so getting the m4 last week has been a game changer !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Big service on the 7 today with all fluids replaced. Anyone who's worked on these will know what a PITA changing the diff oil and gearbox (type 9) oil is. Took most of the day. Garage looks a mess but it's all tidy now!

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Master
    Looking at that photo I realise what I miss. My car is electric and I’m not permitted to open the moment to see what’s going on. The thought of changing fluids is quite exciting.

Still in my 2011 Civic. I feel if I am to achieve my dream of owning something V8 powered it will have to be soon as I foresee a time when they will be banned!
    Been eyeing up luxobarges, an LS 430 would be nice...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Looking at that photo I realise what I miss. My car is electric and I’m not permitted to open the moment to see what’s going on. The thought of changing fluids is quite exciting.
    I must admit, I do love it. Quite messy though. Nothing like hot oil running up your arm! The gearbox is the most challenging. The gap to get the plug is about 1.5 inches, and can only be removed with a cut-down allen key. Brakes were bled with a Gunston easi-bleed using air from one of the tyres. Luckily the present Mrs Hocuspocus is good with tea and bacon.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post

I’ve been driving a vw caddy for past four years so getting the m4 last week has been a game changer !!!

Looks great
    Nice colour
    Enjoy it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post

Looks great. The one from here?

It has some ridiculous pace, mind that right foot - I know I had to!

Bloody steep hill though.

Drive needs weeding.

Master
    just taxed my old 1992 Surf.i used to use this as my service/tow in wagon before i [semi]retired. now only gets used for the shooting season.owned it for 16 years and in that time the only essential parts its needed have been a radiator and a starter motor.been asked to sell it many times but its one of the family now.my boys are starting to think it will be part of their inheritance..
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 26th October 2022 at 08:29.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Just curious as to the rim size? I thought that the red calipers indicated a GTS, which has 21 inch as standard iirc, but the rims look smaller.

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Battery fluid?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Battery fluid?
    This is the only fluid that I’m supposed to top up. Alas, no battery fluid

https://youtu.be/mj--m_2f_YI

Master
    Just curious as to the rim size? I thought that the red calipers indicated a GTS, which has 21 inch as standard iirc, but the rims look smaller.

It's an S model

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Looks great. The one from here?

It has some ridiculous pace, mind that right foot - I know I had to!

Yes - purchased from this very parish and crazy fast when compared to a vw caddy :)

Master
    Popped on the winter boots today.

Popped on the winter boots today.

Lovely car that I’ve just purchased it’s big brother. Although I’m not sure Porsche got it right with Red callipers?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    Lovely car that I’ve just purchased it’s big brother. Although I’m not sure Porsche got it right with Red callipers?

They are more obvious with those 19 inch rims, much less so with the original 21 inchers.

They are more obvious with those 19 inch rims, much less so with the original 21 inchers.

Yes you are right, the summer wheels look very nice!

Blog Entries
    The company has informed us they wish to take back company cars at the end of the month and offer a car allowance instead. I've been very impressed by the high-spec Skoda Octavia they've been providing recently that I thought I'd replace it with a Superb. Great build quality, loads of kit, economical, refined and so much space, I know I can take up taxi-driving as a sideline if things get tough lol.

Craftsman
    This is the only fluid that I’m supposed to top up. Alas, no battery fluid

https://youtu.be/mj--m_2f_YI
    Pretty sure all electric cars have fluid to cool the batteries, some is an oil others use coolant, so they all have "battery fluid", brake fluid, washer fluid

Master
    It's now in winter hibernation and I can only look longinly back to these fantastic late August 30+ evenings.

This day I left work, usual 16:30 and it took me over 2h to get home (commute is 10min). I called my wife, she said fine, enjoy and I did.

Journeyman
    The one car is for comfort, big dog duties and general pottering around in....

....The other car isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post
    big dog duties
    I get you. Is that the same a dark quiet car parks?

Journeyman
    I get you. Is that the same a dark quiet car parks?
    You read my post and went straight to dogging?

Well, I sadly have to report that I wrote my lovely Mazda 3 off on Thursday - through some extenuating circumstances that I won't bore anyone with I hit a Discovery side-on... think I wrote that one off too.

I'm waiting for my insurers to advise me of their market valuation - expected tomorrow - but I checked what WBAC would offer and it was close to what I paid a couple of years ago (so I'm not too concerned about undervaluing). I need a car badly to get around/to the office so thought I'd have a look at what was out there, without expecting to find what I was actually after (that is, the mini-SUV version of the same car, in the same colour and with similar cream/black leather interior.

Well strike me down with a feather, but I managed to locate exactly what I was looking for - a Mazda CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav AWD, with the right paintwork/leather interior and low mileage - at Car Giant in Harlesden. This is the better of the two 2.0 SKYACTIV engines found in the CX-3, with a power output of 148bhp, a creditable 0-60 in 8.4 seconds, and a top speed of 124 mph. Anyway, I picked it up yesterday, and I'm happy as Larry with it (although it has to be said that I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to cars, and don't yearn for all the bells and whistles). This cost £2.5k more than I paid for the Mazda 3, but then again the WBAC valuation for it is £2.5k higher as well, and within spitting distance of what I paid for it.

Last edited by learningtofly; 8th January 2023 at 13:27.

Very, very good cars Mazdas. Well built and extremely reliable. A few in my extended family have had them over the years and swear by them (although the RX8 was a bit juicy!)
    So clever my foot fell off.

What do you drive?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Very, very good cars Mazdas. Well built and extremely reliable. A few in my extended family have had them over the years and swear by them (although the RX8 was a bit juicy!)
    Aren’t they essentially Fords so as reliable as those (good or bad) or is that just certain or older models?
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 8th January 2023 at 10:10.

Sorry to hear that Tony, the CX are great , my sister has one, I had one on my shortlist and went with Corolla Hybrid instead , close call

Sent from my XQ-CQ54 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    They are, Alex, and this is my third in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Sorry to hear that Tony, the CX are great , my sister has one, I had one on my shortlist and went with Corolla Hybrid instead , close call

Cheers Dave. They're apparently one of the sportiest drives in the mini-SUV sector, with the only downside being rear space for families and cargo. However, given that there'll only ever be two at most in the car and the back seats fold flat, that's not an issue for me.

Glad you are safe, Tony.

My missus has the Sport Nav Cx-5 and loves it.
    For me it doesn’t have enough poke. In other countries there is also a 2.5, which would be preferable, but a great car nonetheless.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Glad you are safe, Tony.

For me it doesn’t have enough poke. In other countries there is also a 2.5, which would be preferable, but a great car nonetheless.
    I was looking at Mazdas a while ago and the one thing that put me off them was the power output of the petrol engines compared with other manufacturers they have similar in engine size performance to cars I owned in the 90s

Glad you are safe, Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    I was looking at Mazdas a while ago and the one thing that put me off them was the power output of the petrol engines compared with other manufacturers they have similar in engine size performance to cars I owned in the 90s
    The engine in mine produces 148bhp, will do 0-60 in 8.4 seconds, and has a top speed is 124 mph. I don't think that's lacking in poke for a car of this size/type and it's more than enough for me.

Worth noting that some have a different version of the 2.0 engine with an output of 114bhp. The performance on those is inferior, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Aren’t they essentially Fords so as reliable as those (good or bad) or is that just certain or older models?
    The partnership with Ford ended in 2015. There's no shared technology or assets now.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    The engine in mine produces 148bhp, will do 0-60 in 8.4 seconds, and has a top speed is 124 mph. I don't think that's lacking in poke for a car of this size/type and it's more than enough for me.

Worth noting that some have a different version of the 2.0 engine with an output of 114bhp. The performance on those is inferior, obviously.
    The engine on hers is 165bhp, but is only 10.4 0-62, obviously due to its size.

That two seconds makes a huge difference to me.

The partnership with Ford ended in 2015. There's no shared technology or assets now.
    Okay fair enough though might still be applicable to TFB's comment (my son tells me his Mazda 6 has same engine as his previous Ford focus).

Anyway yours is a nice looking car, drive it in good health!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Swapped to a Lexus GS250 last year - excellent quailty and performance but took me 3 months to get used to the drivers seat which is hard in comparison to the armchair comfort of the big volvos.

Master
    Vw Passat coupe and a Chevrolet Camaro Bumble bee ss edition.

Well, I sadly have to report that I wrote my lovely Mazda 3 off on Thursday - through some extenuating circumstances that I won't bore anyone with I hit a Discovery side-on... think I wrote that one off too.

I'm waiting for my insurers to advise me of their market valuation - expected tomorrow - but I checked what WBAC would offer and it was close to what I paid a couple of years ago (so I'm not too concerned about undervaluing). I need a car badly to get around/to the office so thought I'd have a look at what was out there, without expecting to find what I was actually after (that is, the mini-SUV version of the same car, in the same colour and with similar cream/black leather interior.

Well strike me down with a feather, but I managed to locate exactly what I was looking for - a Mazda CX-3 2.0 Sport Nav AWD, with the right paintwork/leather interior and low mileage - at Car Giant in Harlesden. This is the better of the two 2.0 SKYACTIV engines found in the CX-3, with a power output of 148bhp, a creditable 0-60 in 8.4 seconds, and a top speed of 124 mph. Anyway, I picked it up yesterday, and I'm happy as Larry with it (although it has to be said that I'm pretty low maintenance when it comes to cars, and don't yearn for all the bells and whistles). This cost £2.5k more than I paid for the Mazda 3, but then again the WBAC valuation for it is £2.5k higher as well, and within spitting distance of what I paid for it.

probably the best looking small SUV out there imo , looking at one of these myself as they have a bulletproof engine and a great spec for the money (inc a great bose sound system)

Yes, it would to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Okay fair enough though might still be applicable to TFB's comment (my son tells me his Mazda 6 has same engine as his previous Ford focus).

Anyway yours is a nice looking car, drive it in good health!
    Thanks very much.

And as with the Mx5, people say 'its Ford engine', it isn't, it's a Mazda engine Ford nicked and stuck Duratec stickers on it

I don't believe in the electric car propaganda, until there is better infrastructure and range, though the wife has a model 3. I will get a hybrid next. Was looking at the Toyota Corolla, but really like the new Honda Civic. The Yaris, Jazz or the Clio hybrids may be an option also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    I don't believe in the electric car propaganda, until there is better infrastructure and range, though the wife has a model 3. I will get a hybrid next. Was looking at the Toyota Corolla, but really like the new Honda Civic. The Yaris, Jazz or the Clio hybrids may be an option also.
    We really like our Corolla Hybrid, we went for the Excel with all the bells and whistles

Master

That’s what I mean I had a 2001 2.0 Toyota avensis that had 114 bhp and did 0-60 in 10.5 sec that’s from a 22 year old car Volvo seem to be able to get 250 hp out of my xc60s 2.0 petrol engine I did have a sit in the new Mazda cx60 hybrid which was very nice though