closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 142 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,100 of 8236

Thread: What do you drive?

Really do like that C63 estate. Sound must be great.

Quote Originally Posted by gasgasbones View Post
    My fun ride

Wow! That's amazing!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    Thanks very much and agree about the colour and this is my 4th Tornado red Golf over the past 25 years or so (2 Mk 2 8v GTI's, a GTD and this.) It's the Mk 7.5 R 310 and I had to search for a while as I wanted a manual box and the standard 18 inch wheels due to the potholes I have to navigate nearby.

Chees
    Neil
    Looks great and you got the best gearbox imo.

I have a 7.5 GTI and 18s are essential for uk roads especially on passive dampers. If you have the oem tyres I would recommend PS4 they round off the bumps much nicer than the bridgestones mine came with.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post

I have a 7.5 GTI and 18s are essential for uk roads especially on passive dampers. If you have the oem tyres I would recommend PS4 they round off the bumps much nicer than the bridgestones mine came with.
    My wife runs a mk7 GTD which we have had from new, and I have to agree on the Bridgestones not being the best for the ride quality on the standard 18s. She's running Dunlop Sport Maxx now from memory which are pretty good all rounders, but I have to agree the PS4's are nice tyres (and not even particularly expensive these days).

Master

Thanks Peter and i was thinking about Michelin CrossClimate’s as an all year round tyre which should make it a pretty unbeatable car in the winter. We’ve a few harsh winters here over the past few years with treacherous roads.

Cheers
    Neil

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some good offers on Michelin tyres on black circles at the moment.

Just bought this for a bit of a fling and fun:-

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Just bought this for a bit of a fling and fun:-
    Great choice enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    Great choice enjoy!
    Thanks buddy

Master
    Image1630844274.014785.jpg

After many 5 Series BMWs I fancied a change, picked this up yesterday it’s the 300d and it’s certainly a different kind of drive compared to the BMWs.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

There are some cool cars here. I'm not nearly as flash as you lot. Mostly thisTransit Custom Limited LWB. It is black though which makes it faster and an absolute scratch magnet!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master

My wife has had a series of GTDs and her current one (a 2018 Mk7.5) would have been due a change in June, but for a variety of reasons we decided to keep it. Due to the pandemic the mileage is very low, a new replacement is difficult to source, she doesn't want an auto (GTDs are now DSG as standard), the standard spec seems to be lower (e.g. no heated seats), so we will hang onto this Atlantic Blue one for another few years.
    Still on the original 18" Bridgestones a new set of tyres is on the horizon, so I will look at the PS4 as suggested. However, a few months ago I got a new set of tyres on the Boxster and went for Goodyear Asymmetric 5. These replaced PS3s and so far I am very pleased with them, so I wouldn't rule out the same for the GTD.

Master
    Collected today and a 230 mile drive home. Absolutely love it.

4.2 mpkwhr is very good. Did you do that in one go or stop for a charge?

It looks very nice too, if I could get the wife into one, I’d join you tomorrow.

Master
    I stopped at Oswestry because I knew there were a choice of three 50Kwh chargers there. I was down to 60% so it was only a quick top up to 80% (£4.17) to see me home. I arrived home with 29% left.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I stopped at Oswestry because I knew there were a choice of three 50Kwh chargers there. I was down to 60% so it was only a quick top up to 80% (£4.17) to see me home. I arrived home with 29% left.
    That’s pretty dammed good, over 250 miles from a 60 means the 80 should do well over 300 miles. Ok, it’s summer and hot which helps but it’s still very impressive.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    That’s pretty dammed good, over 250 miles from a 60 means the 80 should do well over 300 miles. Ok, it’s summer and hot which helps but it’s still very impressive.
    They are capable of even better miles per kWh. There is a guy on an Enyaq owners group on Facebook who has seen 5.2. I tried to post a photo but Tapatalk is having none of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Collected today and a 230 mile drive home. Absolutely love it.

Looks fantastic.

I bought this Z3mCoupe during the first Covid lock down-
    I’ve just done a 2800 miles road trip and I have to say it’s been a total
    revelation- if anyone is thinking about buying one I’d say go for it…..
    in terms of handling and driving enjoyment few cars can match it imho

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti View Post
    My wife runs a mk7 GTD which we have had from new, and I have to agree on the Bridgestones not being the best for the ride quality on the standard 18s. She's running Dunlop Sport Maxx now from memory which are pretty good all rounders, but I have to agree the PS4's are nice tyres (and not even particularly expensive these days).
    No they aren't, I just paid 500 for four and was paying that for four tyres 20 years ago on my Scooby

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post

I've been looking at E85 Z4/Z4m for a wee while, but have to say that is an absolute stunner! Gorgeous looking car.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    I've been looking at E85 Z4/Z4m for a wee while, but have to say that is an absolute stunner! Gorgeous looking car.

Beauty is clearly in the eye of the beholder. Yes they are quirky and different and by all accounts a fantastic car but I’d never call one gorgeous.

Master

This little thingie.

I have not owned a car in 15 Years. Drowe fleet cars, lived a mile from work so I just drove a bycicle to work and used public transport.

Now I have moved to village 20 miles from Town and had to get car. So... The cheapest one. No airbags, no AC. Nothing.

And funniest thing to drive,it runs like hell from 0-50 mph. And it squeels and rattles.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Looks fantastic.

That's a handsome car - is that the new Skoda Eniaq fully electric?

If so, a friend has one on order - he's going from a Tesla MOdel 3 (too small for him).
    So clever my foot fell off.

We have had this on loan for a couple of days while my Velar is having some work done.
    Very surprised by how much I like it.

It is more like an Disco 3/4 than the old Defender, but it does still manage to keep hold of some of that old Defender 'feel' about it. I also fit into it and could get my feet off the pedals, which was a bonus.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    That's a handsome car - is that the new Skoda Eniaq fully electric?

If so, a friend has one on order - he's going from a Tesla MOdel 3 (too small for him).
    It is, yes. Only 300 miles in so far but they were a very enjoyable 300.

I still kick myself for not buying one of these when I had the opportunity. I got an E46 M3 for the practicality but there's something really special about the Z3 M Coupe...

Blog Entries
    Still enjoying hooning around in this…

6 months on & 6,000 miles later it still brings a smile every time I drive it.
    And similar models are now listed £4-5k more than I paid.

Possibly the nearest thing to the Z3M that BMW have made recently?
    Short wheelbase hatchback, RWD & straight six pushing 300+ bhp ?

z
    (BTW this disabled bay is dedicated for Click n Collect, as I wouldn’t normally park in a disabled bay )
    Last edited by zelig; 10th September 2021 at 14:27.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post

We have had this on loan for a couple of days while my Velar is having some work done.
    Very surprised by how much I like it.

It is more like an Disco 3/4 than the old Defender, but it does still manage to keep hold of some of that old Defender 'feel' about it. I also fit into it and could get my feet off the pedals, which was a bonus.
    Test drove one last weekend and really liked it, but not prepared to wait the 12 months it will take to get one on a waiting list. Will come back to it in a few years I think and buy one

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Test drove one last weekend and really liked it, but not prepared to wait the 12 months it will take to get one on a waiting list. Will come back to it in a few years I think and buy one
    I am interested to know, did they say if the 12 month waiting time was due to the general problems with supply of chips etc, or more specifically that LR were swamped with orders for the Defender? I really haven't seen that many on the roads yet.

I am a big fan of LR products and have owned their vehicles for many years, but the constant electrical gremlins I have experienced and reliability issues reported (and experienced), I am not 100% sure I would want to own one long term again - which would be my intention if we were to buy a new Defender, which is a shame as I really loved it.

Lovely colour.

Coincidentally I saw on just 90 minutes ago in the Tesco carpark, Warwick. Pale yellow, poor cosmetic condition, with dings and rust on the sills. I nearly left a note - "Interested in selling?"

Didn't, and it was gone when I came out. C'est la vie.

I am interested to know, did they say if the 12 month waiting time was due to the general problems with supply of chips etc, or more specifically that LR were swamped with orders for the Defender? I really haven't seen that many on the roads yet.

I am a big fan of LR products and have owned their vehicles for many years, but the constant electrical gremlins I have experienced and reliability issues reported (and experienced), I am not 100% sure I would want to own one long term again - which would be my intention if we were to buy a new Defender, which is a shame as I really loved it.

I can't answer your question with any authority, but there's absolutely LOADS of new Defenders round these parts. 3 and 5 doors, all sorts of specs, some must have cost a fortune. They must be cannibalising their own sales though, probably from the Disco...? Or are they tempting owners away from other brands. Not so sure about that.

Master

I was told 7-12 months due to the chip shortage and that it was the same across all models. The cheaper cars (discover sport and velar) have longer delays as they are not being prioritised by LR down to them having a smaller margin.

I also heard, and have no idea if this is true at all, that LR are buying up Samsung TVs and ripping out the chips for use in the cars. Sounds far fetched to me, but isn’t most of the news these days

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Gorgeous looking car.
    I’m not sure if anyone has ever called the Breadvan/ClownShoe ‘gorgeous’ before… 🥸😂

Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    Lovely colour.

[/I]

The colour is called Laguna Seca Blue.
    I felt lucky to have found the car for sale on Autotrader
    as there are only 4 factory painted UK cars in LSB and it was always
    my favourite colour on the Z3mc.
    Laguna Seca was only available for the S54 cars- not sure why only 4 people ordered it !

At the time, LSB was also known as ‘Smurf Blue’ in the M3 community. LSB/SB e46 M3s often sold for less than other coloured cars.

Master

More photos please, I love these and the roadster version. Must be a real handful in the wet, did they have LSD?

Used to always see one of these in that exact colour parked up in covent garden daily.

Odd and cool in equal measure.

I rather like the Beemer also. I remember when it originally came out that it was considered a hairdresser's car, but it has a drag car look to it. It was designed and made in the US wasn't it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo73 View Post
    At the time, LSB was also known as ‘Smurf Blue’ in the M3 community. LSB/SB e46 M3s often sold for less than other coloured cars.
    A manual LSB M3 was my pride and joy when younger. Even had matching leather interior (my wife hated the interior and with hind sight it was a bit much!). Keey toying with buying another but I just don't think it will live up to past expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    A manual LSB M3 was my pride and joy when younger. Even had matching leather interior (my wife hated the interior and with hind sight it was a bit much!). Keey toying with buying another but I just don't think it will live up to past expectations.
    Like going back to an ex for one last go. Same as having your Sunday dinner microwaved for lunch on a Wednesday.

One of the very few BMWs I'd own. Love these.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Like going back to an ex for one last go. Same as having your Sunday dinner microwaved for lunch on a Wednesday.
    Genuinely laughed out loud at this analogy!

Trying to recapture past experiences is risky, sometimes it works but often it doesn’t and the fond memories end up sullied.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Genta View Post
    Of the 4 LSB Z3mc in the U.K. luckily mine has black and grey interior whilst the other 3 have blue leather interior etc-
    not sure I could deal with bright blue interior.

I took the car to Chris Franklin at Centre Gravity, after new Bilstein B6 were fitted as part of a suspension refresh the handling was transformed- fantastic on twisty country roads.

Last edited by farmkid; 12th September 2021 at 14:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    It was designed and made in the US wasn't it?
    I don’t think so. ISTR that it was one of those ‘skunk’ projects that the M Division engineers (when it was still a proper M Division) took upon themselves, without management knowledge. They wanted to stiffen up the Z3 floorplan. Hence the roof.

Of the 4 LSB Z3mc in the U.K. luckily mine has black and grey interior whilst the other 3 have blue leather interior etc-

I took the car to Chris Franklin at Centre Gravity, after new Bilstein B6 were fitted as part of a suspension refresh the handling was transformed- fantastic on twisty country roads.

Cool car and a cool number plate 😎

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jneds View Post
    Thanks Peter and i was thinking about Michelin CrossClimate’s as an all year round tyre which should make it a pretty unbeatable car in the winter. We’ve a few harsh winters here over the past few years with treacherous roads.

Cheers
    Neil
    Apologies Neil as Im a bit late on this. I have run CrossClimates on three vehicles. All sub 150 bhp. I get 25/30K out of them.

I would have thought your 300+ bhp would wear them down pretty dam quick, other owners talk about a slight vagueness in summer ( not something I see on an allready ponderous Ioniq.

Have you considered a set of spare wheels with winters on, then swap them over in Nov and back off in April. Best of both worlds.

Steve

Craftsman

I was young at the time and liked the 'lairy' interior but my taste has definitely changed since then.

Absolutely love the z3m, the shooting break design just really appeals to me. I am very envious of yours and sounds like you're having a blast with it.

Z3M Coupe

A video I found years ago featuring a Z M coupe.

https://youtu.be/DtEX37LU9wA

Impressive driving in an impressive car.

Blog Entries
    More reckless than impressive IMHO.

Especially on public highways.

z