closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 58 of 165 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,900 of 8239

Thread: What do you drive?

Got this S3 sportback with pano roof in January. Here it is after a well deserved professional clean and ceramic coating treatment. This is all the car I will ever need............for now

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    ^^^a quality contribution. Thanks for that.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Aye.

It's a tough life as a Premiership footballer.

I wouldn't know......it has to go back to the hire company after my week's rental :-(
    Last edited by Mouse; 2nd March 2016 at 21:38. Reason: just because

I purchased this BMW 1M coupe four months ago and it's proved to be a revelation to me- it's considerably better/more fun to drive than any car
    I've had previously.......

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    I purchased this BMW 1M coupe four months ago and it's proved to be a revelation to me- it's considerably better/more fun to drive than any car
    I've had previously.......

Serious bit of kit Farm Kid, has your 911 gone? I went out in a friends M135i last nigh and i was blown away with how damn good modern BMW's are. For it's size and price it is other than the Golf R i don't think there is much really competes. Anyway that 1M is a thing of pure brutal beauty with those big wide steroid injected arches and oversized rims. The value on them seems to be going only one way!

Quote Originally Posted by glyn696486 View Post
    Serious bit of kit Farm Kid, has your 911 gone? I went out in a friends M135i last nigh and i was blown away with how damn good modern BMW's are. For it's size and price it is other than the Golf R i don't think there is much really competes. Anyway that 1M is a thing of pure brutal beauty with those big wide steroid injected arches and oversized rims. The value on them seems to be going only one way!
    I sold the 991GTS after doing 8000 miles in it- I loved it and they feel pure quality but the suspension was so firm and seating so low it did my
    back in- on bumpy roads it was awful....my spine took a battering.
    The only thing I miss about the 991GTS is the sound-that NA Porsche engine sounded fantastic.
    The BMW 1M is actually far more fun to drive and feels much more agile.....the 991 feels cumbersome in comparison.
    The 1M seats are much more comfortable than those in the 991 and it has a high seating position which suits me.
    It really is a rocket- put your foot down in 3rd gear and it flies- switch the electronic aids off in the wet and I imagine you'd be driving through a hedge fairly quickly.
    Because the 1M is so lively you don't have to be doing silly speeds for an exciting drive......the 991GTS is so solid and stable you
    could be doing over 100mph and still it feels slightly mundane.
    I still love my 993 though-could never part with it:

Last edited by farmkid; 3rd March 2016 at 00:34.

I sold the 991GTS after doing 8000 miles in it- I loved it and they feel pure quality but the suspension was so firm and seating so low it did my
    back in- on bumpy roads it was awful....my spine took a battering.
    The only thing I miss about the 991GTS is the sound-that NA Porsche engine sounded fantastic.
    The BMW 1M is actually far more fun to drive and feels much more agile.....the 991 feels cumbersome in comparison.
    The 1M seats are much more comfortable than those in the 991 and it has a high seating position which suits me.
    It really is a rocket- put your foot down in 3rd gear and it flies- switch the electronic aids off in the wet and I imagine you'd be driving through a hedge fairly quickly.
    Because the 1M is so lively you don't have to be doing silly speeds for an exciting drive......the 991GTS is so solid and stable you
    could be doing over 100mph and still it feels slightly mundane.
    I still love my 993 though-could never part with it:

Interesting. Did you ever drive a 997.2? I almost got an m135i then went nuts and got a c4s... Im wondering if your problem was the 'GT' nature of the 991 vs earlier 911's, or just that the fun zone of the bmw is in a more UK usable band...

Oh come on, not everyone on this forum drives a Porsche, Lotus or top end Beemer.

I've posted a pic of our X-reg Vauxhall Agila, so let's see pics of your bangers too.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Oh come on, not everyone on this forum drives a Porsche, Lotus or top end Beemer.

I've posted a pic of our X-reg Vauxhall Agila, so let's see pics of your bangers too.
    You asked for it...!

Quote Originally Posted by SockToy View Post
    Interesting. Did you ever drive a 997.2? I almost got an m135i then went nuts and got a c4s... Im wondering if your problem was the 'GT' nature of the 991 vs earlier 911's, or just that the fun zone of the bmw is in a more UK usable band...
    Yes- I think a 997.2 would have been a more sensible option considering I suffer from back issues etc.- they have a softer suspension set up and are more suitable for the crap B roads where I live. The 993 rides the bumps fine. I did test drive a 997.2 but then went nuts and bought a 991GTS- I have since read one or two reviews of the 991GTS where the motoring journalists have complained the suspension is too firm......fine if you live in Germany where they know how to build a smooth road! But either way the 1M is a more usable fun machine- sadly the running costs/insurance nearly match the 991.
    I always loved the GTS looks though:

Lost a bloody fortune on it-very depressing.....

Master
    How about a standard 991? I have had one for about 6 months and the ride can be a little firm but not that bad for a sports car. Have done quite a few 8 hour days in it and despite also having a bad back haven't had and issues.

After the hit I took on the GTS the ship has sailed now- I won't be going near a Porsche dealership in the near future!

Only 450 1M's were sent to Uk- good residuals.......

Indeed some of us rock Mercs, Bentleys or in my case a quite tired Volvo XC90, that is worth considerably less than the watch I usually wear diving it and often less than the dive kit in the back of it.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan-arch View Post
    Indeed some of us rock Mercs, Bentleys or in my case a quite tired Volvo XC90, that is worth considerably less than the watch I usually wear diving it and often less than the dive kit in the back of it.
    These are more usable than I realised!
    Last edited by senwar; 3rd March 2016 at 11:23.

Master
    After the hit I took on the GTS the ship has sailed now- I won't be going near a Porsche dealership in the near future!

Only 450 1M's were sent to Uk- good residuals.......
    I hear you, looked into trading mine up to a 991 turbo and would have to have taken a £10k hit in 4 months....... Bloody disgrace!!

Quote Originally Posted by bazza. View Post
    Stooo, is right it was the hand over the salesman parked it up next to my S2000 I was trading in
    I got the same money back what I paid for the S2000 2 years before from Honda
    I've had so many people say its the batmobile :)
    They both look fantastic but theres something about that Type R that's just sets it apart from the rest ...

JAMP0T1

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I hear you, looked into trading mine up to a 991 turbo and would have to have taken a £10k hit in 4 months....... Bloody disgrace!!
    I would have been happy with a £10k hit in 4 months!
    That GTS I had worked out £1000 PER WEEK in depreciation whilst in my ownership- never again.!
    My only consolation is that my 993 has gone up considerably in the last 4 yrs to offset the hit.

I don't suppose society at large has a great deal of sympathy for people hit by Porsche financial woes- but they should because it's upsetting.

Craftsman
    The latest addition to the LR fleet, this time a different green...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwrover View Post
    The latest addition to the LR fleet, this time a different green...

Now that's cool! I have been after a 2 door rr classic for a while. Considered importing one from Australia.

Master

Yep....my daily driver is a 2002 Toyota Yaris 1.0vvt......23k on the clock, 50mpg and as reliable as a very reliable thing..

Err, it's on a trailer cos we were trying it for size....👍

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Yep....my daily driver is a 2002 Toyota Yaris 1.0vvt......23k on the clock, 50mpg and as reliable as a very reliable thing..

Err, it's on a trailer cos we were trying it for size....

And the other one? It is here yet?

Master
    ^^^^It's in Zeebrugge mate......sorted out payment etc, just got to wait a week or 2 for it to get to the dealers...

I've got a bedroom full of aftermarket stuff ready to go on.....sports exhaust, jacking rails, new rear deck lid and other stuff....

I suspect the little Yaris will remain the default choice for day to day though :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    ^^^^It's in Zeebrugge mate......sorted out payment etc, just got to wait a week or 2 for it to get to the dealers...

I've got a bedroom full of aftermarket stuff ready to go on.....sports exhaust, jacking rails, new rear deck lid and other stuff....
    I am very much looking forward to seeing it, especially in the colour scheme you have chosen. I expect, it to be very nice indeed. Still only seen one on the road. A red fastback here in France.
    My new one is due in 27 days and counting!

Master
    ^^^^ yeah, mine is the only one in that colour combo that the dealer has sold, so that means it's gonna be marmite and nobody else likes it, or it's a cool choice....I hope it's the latter..... Either way that colour has now been discontinued so there won't be that many around..

Apprentice

what car would you recommend

Present, i am researching for some information about the brand,because i am going to buy a new car.
    anyone can give me suggestion ? appreciate you!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Pics fresh from the factory. IVA due to be done this time next week. Delivery here end of the month. Love it!

Master
    Very cool!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Very cool!
    Yes thanks, but I am biased!

Very nice Skyman, you'll be reluctant to take passengers in order to keep the power to weight up.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Very nice Skyman, you'll be reluctant to take passengers in order to keep the power to weight up.
    There will be a strict weight restriction. I too am on a diet!

Picked the RCZ up on wed , never thought I'd go for white but it looked so right.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Craftsman

Craftsman
    And the old one for all the dirty old rubbish dump jobs...

Craftsman

done - I've gone with my Nissan Micra to make you feel better.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    As of next weekend, this...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcb2007 View Post
    Picked the RCZ up on wed , never thought I'd go for white but it looked so right.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Is the ECP van there just in case the Peugeot breaks down.

You know something I don't captain lol

This new weekend motor caused great excitement in the Optimum household...

However, that swiftly turned to anger when I had to leave overnight it in a petrol station car park 4 days after picking it up...

I haven't seen it since Tuesday and I'm now driving a 320d courtesy car. For the benefit of the search engines out there I would just like to name check Williams BMW in Liverpool for selling me a duffer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimum View Post
    This new weekend motor caused great excitement in the Optimum household...

However, that swiftly turned to anger when I had to leave overnight it in a petrol station car park 4 days after picking it up...

I haven't seen it since Tuesday and I'm now driving a 320d courtesy car. For the benefit of the search engines out there I would just like to name check Williams BMW in Liverpool for selling me a duffer.

What's the Fault?

I was lead to believe that the z4's are very reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    What's the Fault?

I was lead to believe that the z4's are very reliable.
    Oil pressure light came on - the one that you have to stop immediately for. The BMW tech that came out to me said that the log was saying the oil pressure was too high. He'd never come across this problem before and wasn't even sure the pressure could be too high. It had already had the sensor replaced, so it's not that. Apparently, they're waiting on another part today which they hope will fix it. We'll see...

PS The whole affair has been dealt with shambolically from start to finish but I won't bore you with the details on this thread.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    It's about the drive not the look haha

Adverse effects on handling but if this ever see a track then appropriate wheels will be fitted, but it looks great on 19's

I hope it is a good drive, coz it sure is ugly.
    Decent ride on 19's?

Oil pressure light came on - the one that you have to stop immediately for. The BMW tech that came out to me said that the log was saying the oil pressure was too high. He'd never come across this problem before and wasn't even sure the pressure could be too high. It had already had the sensor replaced, so it's not that. Apparently, they're waiting on another part today which they hope will fix it. We'll see...

PS The whole affair has been dealt with shambolically from start to finish but I won't bore you with the details on this thread.
    Sorry to hear about your problems.

Must be honest, after buying a 3yr old X5 a few years back from BMW's approved used programme and the multiple point check, I certainly would never buy approved used from them again. Once bitten and all that (I got a full refund 2 weeks later).

Hope you get it all sorted OK

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    I hope it is a good drive, coz it sure is ugly.
    Decent ride on 19's?

Each to their own I guess!

Fancy posting a pic of your wife?

As it happens as we spec'd adaptive so it's rides great, run flats need to go though but waiting on the weather to change before fitting some MPSS.

Strange that the technician would say he'd never come across that before, as oil pump relief valve failures aren't uncommon with BMW. I'm not saying it's that (although it's likely), as any blockage will cause high oil pressure. If the car was serviced prior to you picking it up, it could be something as simple as a faulty oil filter. Since they are waiting for a part though, I'd bet it's the relief valve. That and the electric water pump are semi-regular issues with recent generation BMWs.

Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    Strange that the technician would say he'd never come across that before, as oil pump relief valve failures aren't uncommon with BMW. I'm not saying it's that (although it's likely), as any blockage will cause high oil pressure. If the car was serviced prior to you picking it up, it could be something as simple as a faulty oil filter. Since they are waiting for a part though, I'd bet it's the relief valve. That and the electric water pump are semi-regular issues with recent generation BMWs.
    If it's the relief valve, would any long term damage have been doen whilst it was faulty? I'm very tempted just to reject the car, as there is hardly a lack of alternatives out there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull666 View Post
    Each to their own I guess!

Fancy posting a pic of your wife?

As it happens as we spec'd adaptive so it's rides great, run flats need to go though but waiting on the weather to change before fitting some MPSS.
    No wife, I'm not that stupid (IMHO, of course)
    But this was a mistress for a while, in all honesty I think a wife would have been cheaper and easier to maintain

Currently running this

STOCK PHOTO

If it's the relief valve, would any long term damage have been doen whilst it was faulty? I'm very tempted just to reject the car, as there is hardly a lack of alternatives out there.
    Potentially, if the car was driven after the engine went into limp mode and/or shut itself down (if you kept trying to restart it and run it after it died, for instance). If there is a blockage somewhere, that means another part of the engine doesn't get enough lubrication, which can lead to damage, but that is an extreme case as the ECU would try to protect the engine first. You should ask them as many questions as you can, but if you don't feel confident in their honesty, etc., reject the car.

Quote Originally Posted by adigra View Post
    Potentially, if the car was driven after the engine went into limp mode and/or shut itself down (if you kept trying to restart it and run it after it died, for instance). If there is a blockage somewhere, that means another part of the engine doesn't get enough lubrication, which can lead to damage, but that is an extreme case as the ECU would try to protect the engine first. You should ask them as many questions as you can, but if you don't feel confident in their honesty, etc., reject the car.
    Thanks for your input - much appreciated!

And now rejected. :(