closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Habring Sighting...

Master

Habring Sighting...

Gee. I thought my mention of seeing a few Habrings would get at least a little attention... :scratch:

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic...30296#p1230296

Re: Habring Sighting...

john
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Master

I assume you are familiar with the phrase "A picture is worth a thousand words" in the States?
    :lol:

1731 posts and you still do not know, that if you do not post pics, it did not happen :shock: :lol: :lol:

Master
    Blog Entries

Since I and I imagine somE others have never heard of the brand, some pictures, prices and information may have helped generate some discussion.

Must admit I missed the earlier post - probably because Habring² wasn't in the title. But these are great watches, hand-made by the Habrings, with some incredible tech. The Habring² Foudroyante, for example, has a wonderful jumping seconds hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbNQkZAWpCc

The Chrono COS has a single crown, which acts as the pusher.

I'd like to see a lot more of this brand - they really are rather special...

M

Master

Sorry lads for this late reply, but as I don't check in everday (or every few hours) anymore (though, dear lord, I know I used to...) :twisted:

I did say it was a "sighting". Didn't have a camera with me; just happened to walk in a door of a nice shop. Plus, I had not heard of them before, except in passing in a magazine (and quite frankly I had forgotten the name until I saw it again - it's the "squared" thing that did it).

I'll try and drop in the shop sometime in the near future, and this time I promise to bring a camera for proof. :lol:

What kind of prices fo these go for? Are we talking low thousands or more again? I saw them first hand at a watch fair in Maastricht a couple of years ago, they were very nice - particularly the jumping seconds watch. I still have the brochure I took away with me.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble
    What kind of prices fo these go for? Are we talking low thousands or more again? I saw them first hand at a watch fair in Maastricht a couple of years ago, they were very nice - particularly the jumping seconds watch. I still have the brochure I took away with me.

His time-only starts at about $6000 USD. What's more amazing is his Tourbillion is about $30,000 USD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K
    Quote Originally Posted by barneygumble

His time-only starts at about $6000 USD. What's more amazing is his Tourbillion is about $30,000 USD!!!
    That seems cheap for a genuine tourbillion, but quite pricey for a time-only watch. You reckon they've only ever sold 70 watches? Or 70 per year? That's exclusivity! Funny thing is that a Habring could crop on the Bay and sell for $100, unless two WISes spot it, nobody else would know what they were looking at.

The time only, last I saw was ~€1900

You reckon they've only ever sold 70 watches? Or 70 per year?
    They make approximately one watch a week to a total of 50 watches a year.

Now, this is exactly the reason I like this forum: because every so often I'm sitting here wondering where next to look for, say, an unusual but special dress watch, and then someone comes up with something that is genuinely interesting and erudite without passing miles above the boggy marshland that is my technical knowledge. Excellent work sirs, keep it up. :thumbright:

And yes, these would fit the bill very nicely indeed, thank you. That jumping second hand is a superb one for anyone paying attention to what's on your wrist! Now, where did I put that chequebook... :D :blackeye: :D

Quote Originally Posted by Jyaque
    Now, this is exactly the reason I like this forum: because every so often I'm sitting here wondering where next to look for, say, an unusual but special dress watch, and then someone comes up with something that is genuinely interesting and erudite without passing miles above the boggy marshland that is my technical knowledge. Excellent work sirs, keep it up. :thumbright:

And yes, these would fit the bill very nicely indeed, thank you. That jumping second hand is a superb one for anyone paying attention to what's on your wrist! Now, where did I put that chequebook... :D :blackeye: :D
    Indeed, the road to temptation leads right through the TZ-UK forum...wrt the jumping seconds watch, I'd say that's pricey enough - anyone know if prices for these babies are online somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard

The Chrono COS has a single crown, which acts as the pusher.

And very clever it is too, but I think I still prefer pushers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weVC-42T ... re=related