Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dissapointed

Banned

Re: Dissapointed

You boys are really harsh :|

Master

Quote Originally Posted by parmo
    sent a geniune concern to eddie and for my pleasure it got removed and blocked from sales corner its like being back in combats thank you
    I don't know if English is not your first language, or if there is some kind of other problem, but your posts are barely comprehensible. The written media is not your friend...

I'm not one for grammar nazis worrying about the odd apostrophe, spelling mistake or missing capital, but Jesus man, your posts make my head hurt.

How about the addition of some sort of points system, where existing members of a reasonable standing can add or subtract points for posts? Make a worthy, or even vaguely reasonable post and you'll get a point, write the kind of sh*te that this guy has been chopping out and you get a -1. As well as 50 posts you need to total 25 +1's?

Either that or take the Eddie approach of chopping posting privileges once the magic 50 has been reached! :lol: I actually quite like this option... :thefinger:

Quote Originally Posted by cmcm3

I'm not one for grammar nazis worrying about the odd apostrophe, spelling mistake or missing capital, but Jesus man, your posts make my head hurt.
    that made me laugh out loud :D :D :D

Blog Entries

i love it its better than the crap on tv hahahahaha :wink:

Make it 1 year + 250 posts, then the planks wouldn't bother

An easy solution would be to close SF. Eddie has made the threat before. I know I wouldn't miss it.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr
    An easy solution would be to close SF. Eddie has made the threat before. I know I wouldn't miss it.
    Yeah, but then where would I get all my watches from? :shock: It shouldn't be hard to use SC politely, honourably and with respect for other users. Some have difficulty and should be punished accordingly, but why take the resource away from the well-behaved masses?

Master

Yes, well with all due respect you might not, perhaps because you are over the pond that makes it more difficult for you, but I certainly would.

I dread to think how many watches I have flipped in my brief time here, but for me part of the pleasure of this site is the ability to indulge my hobby by buying or trading watches here and knowing I can try out watches, enjoy them, then move them on and try something else.

And Eddie is no fool and I'm sure he's well aware of the commercial symbiosis between the successful forum and people clicking on the Timefactors link and ending up buying things. That's certainly got him a few grands worth of my money.

As we see from WORKSIMON's thread today, there's some really nice stuff happening on this forum, and in my experience it's always been like this. And my own experience on SC both buying and selling is 100% positive in I would guess in excess of 50 transactions. I tend to maintain my own list of people not to deal with which is based on things like attitude in SC, being unpleasant or difficult in the forum in general and so on, ad of course H&V, so it might be a tired trusim in some people's eyes but "buy the seller" is the mantra here and it seems to work well in my experience.

It's inevitable people hear on the grapevine that this forum is a good place to sell stuff and we end up with people like the OP here or the iPhone guy the other day but these people really are in the minority, albeit maybe not in the noise they generate when they get found out.

In "real life" I'm really tired of the PC Nanny State world we live in where the actions of a tiny minority spoil things for the rest of us.

Let's not allow that to happen here.

:)

Blog Entries

Yeah, but then where would I get all my watches from? :shock: It shouldn't be hard to use SC politely, honourably and with respect for other users. Some have difficulty and should be punished accordingly, but why take the resource away from the well-behaved masses?
    Have to agree this seems a very rare occurance and the culprit's seem to be chased out of dodge quicker than Rick Waller moves at an all you can eat buffet...I think the bad apples are discovered quickly so no need to penalise everyone.

I think in this guys case, he should follow these wise words "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

It's almost one o'clock in the morning and I think I've just woken the street up, this thread and in particular this comment has just made me cry.

I'm a slow poster, mainly because I lack enough confidence to comment on most threads but I am learning (slowly!) and gradually I'm starting to feel as though I'm able to contribute something of substance rather than rubbish. I've been on here a couple of years and have bought a couple of small items from SC and although I would miss the daily fun of seeing new watches and learning more I feel something needs to be done. I like the idea of 25 or 50 posts to view and 250 to post in SC.

Btw, I've just tried to write this post without any grammar and I couldn't do it. I now have a headache.

How does someone feel about creating an 'It feels like Friday' thread so I can increase my count!

Dave.

The 50 post rule works for most but for some, it's a race to get to 50 making puerile one or two word posts along the way before they appear on SC with post 51. Their motives for joining then become crystal clear and if they think I'm going to allow them to save eBay fees they can think again.

As for trying to register for 5 months, the forum is open for registration every day and closed overnight so he didn't try very hard.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master

You need to chillout - Eddioe has full rights over teh law in our domian.....be a good boy and abide by the rules. :!: :)

I'm a newbie here as well; i have to say that I probably was a bit more active to get to my 25 than afterwards so I could see the aladdin's cave that is SC (I am down to the tune of about 3k already btw!) - i think this system works well as it means it's easier to buy than to sell, but there is still a barrier to entry. And also the self-regulation is very effective; some of you guys should have rottweiler avatars! - that's all good though, as it means that a new member who is interested in watches, can generally feel much more confident that they won't get ripped off if they choose to buy something from SC. The heroes and villains forum is a good idea too.

Rule of thumb as a newbie though should be to do your very best to fit in with the culture on the forum; be respectful to more established members and don't rush anything.

Master

what Ralphy said thats all there is to it really. parmo all this and the how do i threads done is make you look foolish and it gives other members a chance to make fun of you. its the best most laid back forum around, you just have to be carefull taking the piss with Sc-selling type stuff but thats a good thing for everyone and there for a reason
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy
    You should have read and abided by the rules.

There aren't that many, but rules is rules. :wink:

R

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy
    There aren't that many, but rules is rules. :wink:

R
    And if we didn't have rules, where would we be? France, that's where.

And if we had too many rules, where would we be? Germany, that's where.

And if we were riding a bike, off our heads on dope, where would we be? Holland, that's where.

(credit: Al Murray, The Pub Landlord.)

Master

:) not done that for years, sounds fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK

And if we were riding a bike, off our heads on dope, where would we be? Holland, that's where.

Craftsman

If you are interested in watches and this community, 50 messages come quickly. If not, well, the sales corner is not for you 8)

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne
    The 50 post rule works for most but for some, it's a race to get to 50 making puerile one or two word posts along the way before they appear on SC with post 51. Their motives for joining then become crystal clear and if they think I'm going to allow them to save eBay fees they can think again.
    Eddie, it's time a thanked you for running this forum. So, can I tell you please, that it is much appreciated by me.

And, I'd like to put forward some support for retaining the 50 post rule as it is:
    • Eddie runs this forum and if it works for him, then that should be good enough
      [/*:m:1awa0pp4]
    • I joined the forum and bought items off of the SC before I got to 50 posts - those were the days
      [list:1awa0pp4]
    • I had to do this by PM because I couldn't post with less than 50 posts[/*:m:1awa0pp4]
    • then I found I couldn't even see the SC with less than 50 posts - frustration[/*:m:1awa0pp4]
    • now all it well as I have passed the 50 posts barrier - and I have yet to post anything for sale![/*:m:1awa0pp4]
    [/*:m:1awa0pp4][*]surely there are other normal? members like me who join to enjoy the forum as well as trading - should we be penalised because of the few that abuse the SC?[/*:m:1awa0pp4][/list:u:1awa0pp4]
    Thanks again Eddie; and thanks too to the traders (NB not dealers) from whom I have bought watches, staps and other items,

BobG

PS - How is my grammar? RG

What can I say really mocked by the many. Actually thought this was a site were as a geniune individual you could enjoy it and I offered Eddie an apology asking for a chance to put a cracking piece on again with a piece and photos that justify the brand.

This got rejected sure Eddie has his reasons the fact im still here fighting my corner, and not even considered trying to shift it elsewere.

but there you go thanks guys.

Actually thought this was a site were as a geniune individual you could enjoy it
    It is
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master

hey parmo good to see you back here glad you got the chance to stay and enjoy the wonderful forum in future im sure youll realise that the 50 post rule is there for a good reason and it is for everybodys benefit not to abuse it eddie is just trying to make sure the place doesnt get used as a substitute for ebay and is doing his bit to keep us safe from the unscrupulous out there im sure if you give us a few decent posts demonstrating your genuine interest in watches and maybe a few photos of your collection that youll be welcomed back into sc with open arms and wallets all the best

What can I say really mocked by the many. Actually thought this was a site were as a geniune individual you could enjoy it and I offered Eddie an apology asking for a chance to put a cracking piece on again with a piece and photos that justify the brand.

This got rejected sure Eddie has his reasons the fact im still here fighting my corner, and not even considered trying to shift it elsewere.

What a shame :roll: , you can clearly see a conscious effort has been made to improve the grammar, it's just not working though is it? :sad3:

hey parmo good to see you back here glad you got the chance to stay and enjoy the wonderful forum in future im sure youll realise that the 50 post rule is there for a good reason and it is for everybodys benefit not to abuse it eddie is just trying to make sure the place doesnt get used as a substitute for ebay and is doing his bit to keep us safe from the unscrupulous out there im sure if you give us a few decent posts demonstrating your genuine interest in watches and maybe a few photos of your collection that youll be welcomed back into sc with open arms and wallets all the best
    And dont you start :shock:

It seems the Fins and Greeks write better English than the English nowadays :D

If only we had Rachel teaching us our A,B,C's :love3:

When i say 'We' i really mean 'You' (The English).

I'm Scottish, and take great pride in ****ing up my English grammar :thumbleft: :tongue:

Master

sorry kiki just thought id give it a try its harder than you think you know writing with no punctuation you should give it a try sometime you its very liberating free the commas as for rachel im sure theres plenty of us that would like to punctuate her over and out

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB
    Eddie, it's time a thanked you for running this forum. So, can I tell you please, that it is much appreciated by me.

And, I'd like to put forward some support for retaining the 50 post rule as it is:
    • Eddie runs this forum and if it works for him, then that should be good enough
      [/*:m:7gx31spv]
    • I joined the forum and bought items off of the SC before I got to 50 posts - those were the days
      [list:7gx31spv]
    • I had to do this by PM because I couldn't post with less than 50 posts[/*:m:7gx31spv]
    • then I found I couldn't even see the SC with less than 50 posts - frustration[/*:m:7gx31spv]
    • now all it well as I have passed the 50 posts barrier - and I have yet to post anything for sale![/*:m:7gx31spv]
    [/*:m:7gx31spv][*]surely there are other normal? members like me who join to enjoy the forum as well as trading - should we be penalised because of the few that abuse the SC?[/*:m:7gx31spv][/list:u:7gx31spv]
    Thanks again Eddie; and thanks too to the traders (NB not dealers) from whom I have bought watches, staps and other items,

BobG

PS - How is my grammar? RG

Good thread fellas I can see why parmo is dissapointed [sic] dunno how this turned out to be yet another grammar thread anyway he c*cked it up but maybe he's a good guy lets give im the benefit of the doubt after all nobodys perfect right

:D :D :D :D

im still here fighting my corner

See the fella is handy with a metaphor thats gotta be worth somethin

:roll:

See what i mean about the Greeks!, see they're not all just [s:1bc54soy]Philosipfor[/s:1bc54soy] [s:1bc54soy]Phillosifers[/s:1bc54soy] [s:1bc54soy]Fhillosifer[/s:1bc54soy] Fishermen :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by kiki-picasso
    See what i mean about the Greeks!, see they're not all just [s:2peaojrv]Philosipfor[/s:2peaojrv] [s:2peaojrv]Phillosifers[/s:2peaojrv] [s:2peaojrv]Fhillosifer[/s:2peaojrv] Fishermen :shock:

PMSL :lol: :lol:

Banned

I hope this in not meant to be you? A genuine individual would have contributed to the forum and then if he decided to sell a watch would have BOTHERED to put up a full description that included pictures. He would also have provided references as he was so genuine.

Have a great Easter

Martin