closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissapointed

Dissapointed

sent a geniune concern to eddie and for my pleasure it got removed and blocked from sales corner its like being back in combats thank you

Re: Dissapointed

well time to log off after 4 hours hope you reconsider your decision so one of our members gets a good geniune watch

You really ought to stop talking to yourself :lol:

It's all very interesting, what have I missed. :?:
    Details please.

Blog Entries

Huh? :scratch:

Quote Originally Posted by captainhowdy
    Details please.
    i think its been a case of posting to make the magic 50 , openly to get to post on sc and then advertising a watch with no price , pics and not much of a description.

cheers
    chris

Details please.
    See this thread on the SC.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB
    Details please.
    and this one on watch talk - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114526

Master

Stop behaving like such a berk.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshi
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB
    Details please.
    and this one on watch talk - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114526
    Ah, Bingo!

Thanks Rich.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by parmo
    well time to log off after 4 hours hope you reconsider your decision so one of our members gets a good geniune watch
    You REALLY should consider yourself lucky, and don't take it to heart.

Eddie must be in a damn good mood tonight, or your account would have been toasted.

I really think the minimum post count to access Sales Corner should be upped. By making it 50, you give these jokers the belief that by about half an hours worth of speed posting they can flog their watch on SC. Surely if it was upped to 100 or say 250, it would deter them from even attempting to spam the board. This is happening with increasing regularity these days.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    I really think the minimum post count to access Sales Corner should be upped. By making it 50, you give these jokers the belief that by about half an hours worth of speed posting they can flog their watch on SC. Surely if it was upped to 100 or say 250, it would deter them from even attempting to spam the board. This is happening with increasing regularity these days.
    I agree :wink:

Lets set the bench mark at 6000 :lol:
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches

:lol:

i think maybe 921 seems like a good number :D

OK, further thought...make it a post count of 250 to post on SC while retaining 25 or 50 to view?

Master

100 000 to view SC would suit me. It has already relieved me of all my money! :shock:

Master

:mrgreen: :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Seabadger
    Stop behaving like such a berk.

post count of 250 to would be a really good idea for access to sales corner... this is a watch forum with a sales forum added by our kind host.. not a sales corner with an additional watch forum attached like some of these speed posters think is the case :evil:

Banned

I'm a pretty new member too and for the record do not condone the actions of the person referred to.

Why post like a maniac, get the magic access to SC and then post such a sh*te advertisement for a quality piece, for which a fellow member is expected to part with hard earned money?

Anyway, my point - access to Sales Corner.

Even before reaching 50 posts, it is possible to send a PM to sellers, which I did. It is up to the seller to make a decision whether to 'risk' a sale, so the mad posting is not really required in my honest opinion.

I have been a speedy poster, but consider my posts have been placed in accordance with my interest in the subject and genuine excitement in my new found hobby.

I knew several forum members prior to joining. I have purchased three times from TF.

My suggestion would be to raise the limit of posts, however, allow access to the newbie, subject to two current members, (length of time member???), providing a reference/guarantee for the individual.

This works for such things as Round Table etc.....

Anyway, just thought I would throw in my two pence worth.

All I would say, is if the post limit was raised, I would have saved a few grand this last month. Damn and blast you SC :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry
    You really ought to stop talking to yourself :lol:
    hi david this one is strange :lol:

Banned

These last few Newbs have not done themselves any favours have they :roll:

Better fit you stop Bitching on here and post a Worthy Sales thread. Surely it would have been better to wait until you have the pictures before just THROWING a sales post?

Talk about drawing attention to yourself :roll:

Master

:sign4: :sign4: :sign4:

guys not to blow this out of proportion you say im a newbie fair enough spent 5 months trying to get on here problems with my account for some reason eddie said it should be ok which it wasnt no hard feelings just could not post but really enjoyed the read my omega was and is still owned during this time.

anyway new user id and it works fine like i say apologies if i raced to 50 like us all spent many an hour on here not that im complaining but did not think I have not done anything wrong.

but to be set an objective and then banned from SC

I did never try to deceive anyone with my intentions

even if i sell my piece will still be on here regardless

Maybe a bit of both. meaning 50 or so post within a month or 2, 3 time??? :idea: :idea:

Master

Look - I'm speaking for myself and no-one else here, but if nothing else, can you please try, if only once, a bit of punctuation? I don't want to be a grammar Nazi, but it would be really nice if you could at least give punctuation a go and see how it works for you.

Blog Entries

guys not to blow this out of proportion you say im a newbie fair enough spent 5 months trying to get on here problems with my account for some reason eddie said it should be ok which it wasnt no hard feelings just could not post but really enjoyed the read my omega was and is still owned during this time.

anyway new user id and it works fine like i say apologies if i raced to 50 like us all spent many an hour on here not that im complaining but did not think I have not done anything wrong.

Look - I'm speaking for myself and no-one else here, but if nothing else, can you please try, if only once, a bit of punctuation? I don't want to be a grammar Nazi, but it would be really nice if you could at least give punctuation a go and see how it works for you.

if you looked properly on his previous post there is a full stop. :lol: :lol:

Master

if you looked properly on his previous post there is a full stop.

Rarer than a DRSD.

if you looked properly on his previous post there is a full stop.

Rarer than a DRSD.
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66
    I'm a pretty new member too and for the record do not condone the actions of the person referred to.

Why post like a maniac, get the magic access to SC and then post such a sh*te advertisement for a quality piece, for which a fellow member is expected to part with hard earned money?

Anyway, my point - access to Sales Corner.

Even before reaching 50 posts, it is possible to send a PM to sellers, which I did. It is up to the seller to make a decision whether to 'risk' a sale, so the mad posting is not really required in my honest opinion.

I have been a speedy poster, but consider my posts have been placed in accordance with my interest in the subject and genuine excitement in my new found hobby.

I knew several forum members prior to joining. I have purchased three times from TF.

My suggestion would be to raise the limit of posts, however, allow access to the newbie, subject to two current members, (length of time member???), providing a reference/guarantee for the individual.

This works for such things as Round Table etc.....

Anyway, just thought I would throw in my two pence worth.

All I would say, is if the post limit was raised, I would have saved a few grand this last month. Damn and blast you SC :D
    I think getting into references etc would just make things complicated (IMHO - no disrespect meant to you).

As others have said this is an enthusiasts forum, with SC provided as a great place for like minded WISs to trade/buy watches from each other. I think joining a place like this with the sole purpose of selling something is missing the whole point of the forum. If all you're interested in is selling then bug*er off to ebay. This is a community built on trust and people on here are probably only going to buy something from someone they trust, and the only way to gain trust is to be a part of the community and to contribute to it.

To my mind 25 posts to view SC seems reasonable, but maybe a higher post count is required for people to be able to post on SC (say 250?). That would surely cut out the speed posters just looking for a free place to sell a watch/watches. I do think that people need to be able to reply to for sale posts in case of fakes or if they feel there is other important info that needs sharing so stopping replies wouldn't work. 25 posts to view means that people in the first flush of a new hobby can buy to their hearts content (I've prob. made half a dozen purchases since I've been on here), but having been here a couple of months I've enjoyed contributing (where I can) and enjoyed learning lots about watches I've never seen before. I haven't yet posted an item for sale on SC, but if I wasn't able to until 250 that wouldn't bother me.

If you have indeed spent many an hour on here, did you not realise your sales post was a bit pants compared to the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches

oh that did make me laugh - nice one :)

i wonder if it could be a time rather than post count ? be on the forum contributing for a month and then you can sell ?

probably too hard to do though in forum programming ?

I did not look at other SC ads, my first sales post would have improved with communication. I was saying it as it was.

Banned

I did not look at other SC ads, my first sales post would have improved with communication. I was saying it as it was.
    Bo**ox

Banned

Parmo,

FFS at least help yourself out and revise the SC ad. A picture might help.

If you haven't got a camera, perhaps draw it, scan it and post it!

Quote Originally Posted by taffytoon
    Bo**ox
    dont hold back mart, just say what you mean. :lol: :lol:

maybe a quick read of this may have helped.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1715

guidelines for posting on sales corner.

strategically placed at the top of the sales corner page :shock:

cheers
    chris

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris2982
    Bo**ox
    Chris

I wanted to write "What a load of fu**ing Bo**ox" but thought better :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by chris2982
    Bo**ox
    Chris

I wanted to write "What a load of fu**ing Bo**ox" but thought better :wink:
    if that is the case mart i change my statement to:

well done on the self control :wink: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by burnsey66
    Parmo,

FFS at least help yourself out and revise the SC ad. A picture might help.

If you haven't got a camera, perhaps draw it, scan it and post it!
    Or just nick the photos from a similar sales post, nobody'll mind... :D

not allowed on SC banned now

A phrase which is bandied about on here is "Buy the Seller".

Anybody who racks up 50 posts with what appears to be indecent haste and then, with a post count just above 50 posts a "For Sale" is going to be treated with a degree of suspicion. We had an incident only a few days ago of somebody doing just this - his 51st post was an attempt to sell an i-Phone.

So a shoddy For Sale post, with no technical detail or photos of the watch on a post count just over 50 is only likely to produce an adverse reaction from a group of enthusiasts who like to be able to deal in confidence with other enthusiasts. It's not an exclusive club, but admission - and credibility - needs to be earned.

And "Disappointed" has one "s" and two "p"'s.

Regards

Ian
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

You should have read and abided by the rules.

There aren't that many, but rules is rules. :wink:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman

These are the best posts. I like them so much more than the regular stuff

Thanks for the primo sales post just to hear the general bs

I got to say when I see this stuff happen it is like car crash tv
    I am hooked on every post. Some great humour. Thanks guys

This will always draw me away from sc.

As a relative newbie I can say I am no where near ready yet to post a SC ad. I don't know any of you guys well enough yet and vice-versa. I'm only just getting to the point where I can begin to see who's a reasonable chap and who's a bit of a shark! :)

paramo - I suggest you slow down a bit - but I fear it's already too late. A reputation is easy to lose and hard to win back. :(

Have you considered a sneaky post in the "George & Dragon"? :laughing6:

On the French watch forum the sales corner minimum is 50 posts and 1 month's membership, and if you have too many 'nice watch', 'sorry don't know' posts, your ad' will be pulled with a friendly warning; try again and it's a three day ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazza
    Have you considered a sneaky post in the "George & Dragon"?
    Post it over on RLT. They'll have anyone over there. Tell 'em we sent ya. :lol:

It is not an 'Objective'. The objective is not to get 50 posts as quick as possible and the prize is not access to SC. The community and the individual can mutually benefit from your integration in discussion. Hi and welcome to our forum. Now, whats up?

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza
    Have you considered a sneaky post in the "George & Dragon"?
    Post it over on RLT. They'll have anyone over there. Tell 'em we sent ya. :lol:
    You naughty boy :lol: :twisted:

JasonM will toast this, he runs a tight ship over there 8)

I see he has joined us mad lot as well, welcome Jason if you stumble across this thread :P