closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Advice for newbie

Advice for newbie

Hi all,

Im looking to start into this watch buying business and Ive decided after much browsing to go for a Stowa Flieger (right size for me, build quality, etc).

But which one? I was originally attracted to this style of watch by the various no logo options that are out there. But the more I look at the Stowa with logo, the more I think the style actually suits the watch. Plus its 60 euro cheaper.

And now they've complicated it more by bringing out a prototype no logo with date.

Anyone any help for me? Is it better to get these watches with no logo? Is that a more classic/popular look? All advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Advice for newbie

Only you can decide if the "Sterile" look is for you.
    Personally I perfer a watch to wear it's makers identity. The watch(es) you are looking at are good so why not sove the cash and advertise the brand.

Apprentice

its a great watch in any case.(i personally own the marine original) stowa was one of the (4) watchmakers that built the flieger for the german army in wwII. originally the watch had no logo and no date (and a size of 55mm), that is why a lot of people choose the no logo version w/o date. but it is completely ok to buy the logo version. i personally like it.

Master

To me, it's a matter of personal tatse. Stowa make great watches and have an interesting history (and to me, an attractive logo) so I wouldn't (and didn't) have a problem with a flieger with logo.

Thanks lads - glad to see some other people like the logo option too. I think I might get order that one soon.

Any of you who have one have any views on the options as regards the crown/caseback? If you've any advice, Id love to hear it.

You should always but the watch that 'smiles at you'!! :)

Good luck!

for me its a personal taste issue however im sure they do it as much for finnancial gain as they do for pleasure like you say if you buy something and in time expect to take a hit on it and anything else is a bonus as long as you can justify the expense