closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think my days of watches and WIS'ing are over

Re: I think my days of watches and WIS'ing are over

Here's my one and only Breitling, it's wabi'd to death on the dial but it doesn't bother me one bit 8) 8)

The Venus 178 movement is slightly dull and probably in need of a service but it still keeps excellent time..

There's really nothing to dislike about this nice old ticker, even the price was good, it was a freebie 8) 8)

John :P

Grand Master

John, it is nice, but i prefer to have a dial that's a little more cluttered, do they do something similar, but with some more scales around the dial?

Grand Master

Right, narrowed it down to a few now :D

Avenger Seawolf, grey dial

or

Corum Bubble

Love the Corum :)
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Corum 8)

Grand Master

I've always loved the corum, but that damn dome crystal just makes it a little bit too silly, i think the dial is superb though, just ashame about the crystal that keeps stopping me pulling the trigger :(

Grand Master Scottishtrunkmonkey's Avatar

:sleepy2:
    Respect the past, live the present, protect the future

Grand Master

To be honest, my minds changing every two minutes, the seawolf has caught my eye, which is worrying :D

But the Corum is something i've seen at a decent price and something i was after a couple of years ago, it's just the crystal that puts me off, then there's the idea that i should just get a cheaper watch and use the other funds to buy something for another hobby of mine, or do i sell the AP, get 3 watches for the money and look at using the current funds for something really nice for my other hobby :?

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977
    John, it is nice, but i prefer to have a dial that's a little more cluttered, do they do something similar, but with some more scales around the dial?

Sh1t- i just had tea coming down my nose :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John :D :D

BTW- that corum is a tad strange :shock:

Blog Entries

To be honest, my minds changing every two minutes, the seawolf has caught my eye, which is worrying :D

But the Corum is something i've seen at a decent price and something i was after a couple of years ago, it's just the crystal that puts me off, then there's the idea that i should just get a cheaper watch and use the other funds to buy something for another hobby of mine, or do i sell the AP, get 3 watches for the money and look at using the current funds for something really nice for my other hobby :?

The AP is a very special watch, one which will be very hard to replace,especially at the price you are selling for.
    IMHO if you buy 3 less expensive watches you will regret it sooner or later.
    If it was my call I would stick a couple of different straps on it and enjoy what you are lucky enough to have

all he best
    jim

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack

The AP is a very special watch, one which will be very hard to replace,especially at the price you are selling for.
    IMHO if you buy 3 less expensive watches you will regret it sooner or later.
    If it was my call I would stick a couple of different straps on it and enjoy what you are lucky enough to have

all he best
    jim

Another strap is on the way :D

I'm pretty much set on just getting something else to compliment it.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty much set on just getting something else to compliment it.[/quote]

The only thing about the AP is you need to get another one to compliment it!

Jim

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack

I'm pretty much set on just getting something else to compliment it.

The only thing about the AP is you need to get another one to compliment it!

Jim[/quote]

If i could afford one i'd have a Safari or Volcano ROO, or a Scuba red/orange, unfortunately i'm not that rich, so i was trying to move the ROC to get one.

Blog Entries

You are a man of impecible taste, all of those watches are something to aspire to. Good luck with your quest.

Jim

Craftsman

I've been getting a bit bored with watches lately, but in the last week it really hit home, i've become so despondent with watches that i've even started looking at breitlings, it all happened innocently enough, i was walking past goldsmiths in Bath, looking in the window and 10 minutes later it hit me, i'd looked at the breitlings for about 5 minutes, a window i usually avoid like the plague. Then a couple of days ago i again noticed that i'd looked at the breitling avenger for sale in the sales forum and started thinking 'i really like that'.

So i guess when the last bastion falls it's time to move on, i think i might just take a hiatus for a while and see if i can get over this :(
    Nah, not until you join me......

Grand Master

I'm still not a fan of the chrono's :D

But then again i haven't a clue what i'm a fan off anymore :shock:

[quote="Argee1977"]I'm still not a fan of the chrono's :D

Wot, not even this one? :D Surely everyone loves the old Blackbird.

Grand Master

Not even the new bluebird :lol:

It all stems from a few years back and the disaster that was the chronomat evolution, after that i was scarred and could never look at breitling again, the chronos set me off in particular :lol:

Not even the new bluebird :lol:

It all stems from a few years back and the disaster that was the chronomat evolution, after that i was scarred and could never look at breitling again, the chronos set me off in particular :lol:

Ok, don't fight it any longer, Seawolf it is then :D

Grand Master

My next step will be to try one on sometime in the next week or two, i haven't shaved in a few days so the tache is almost there :D

Seawolf looks good to me - fairly plain for a Breitling - I never really gave them much time before - but bought one this year and I kinda like it - there are some quite plain models - but I'm not about to rush out and buy another.
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master

Well i tried a few on today, the new Colt with the integrated bracelet was nice, but just felt a tad too small for what i was looking for, the Superocean was way too high on the wrist and there wasn't much else in apart from a load of chronos.

I might wait until some more new stuff comes out, or go for an Omega Aqua Terra :D

Grand Master

My next step will be to try one on sometime in the next week or two, i haven't shaved in a few days so the tache is almost there :D
    Keep digging - you're nearly there :lol:

My days of watches aren't over, but the WISing part certainly is. I can't stand the "everyone who wears brand X is a tosser" and "my shit is better than yours". There's nothing "savant" about it at all, just "idiot".
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    Keep digging - you're nearly there :lol:

My days of watches aren't over, but the WISing part certainly is. I can't stand the "everyone who wears brand X is a tosser" and "my shit is better than yours". There's nothing "savant" about it at all, just "idiot".

I just don't like certain watches personally, Bell and Ross, U-Boat and others just have no appeal to me whatsoever, but they may do in future, Breitling is a brand i used to like back in 2001/02, then started to hate them after a nightmare of a time with a Chrono Evolution, but i'm starting to warm to them again, but maybe not the customary tache and aviator sunglasses :lol:

I like the Corum.... might go for one once I move the Seawolf... or the M1 - gotta stick to one tool watch.. and have lots of choice :)

Where did you see the Corum for sensible money ? - it would have to be one of the funky over the top styled ones not the plain dials !

Thanks

Matt