closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Things I've learned from TZ-UK....

Things I've learned from TZ-UK....

I recently noticed that its been six months since I joined the forum, and it got me thinking about what I've got out this great resource. I am sure there is much more than this, but these are the first things that came to mind...

1. How to change date on a Poljot without spinning the hands 24hrs for each successive date. I've had the watch a couple of years and never realised you can do it quicker!

2. The Toshi strap phenomenon - I only have one, but I find myself looking for a watch to buy that would suit another one

3. What a great watch the PRS50B is - next one on my hit list (once school fees are out the way for the summer)

4. Steve Burrage at Ryte time. Recommended to me here, and he's now helped me with 3 of my watches in need of attention.

Thanks a lot guys, and thank you Eddie, I've greatly enjoyed my time here so far.

Banned

Re: Things I've learned from TZ-UK....

what a very nice post youve just made, im happy that your happy!
    :thumbup:

It is quite amazing what you can learn on here on a daily basis :shock:

I have to concur over the Toshi comment, I too have recently discovered his straps and it's costing me a flipping fortune :wink:
    Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

The one thing I've learned so far is: Never incur the wrath of mr1973 or he will stage a virtual demonstration against you :D

Quote Originally Posted by Robertf

1. How to change date on a Poljot without spinning the hands 24hrs for each successive date. I've had the watch a couple of years and never realised you can do it quicker!

I think that was a Vostok :wink:

Cheers

Stern

Master

:thumbup: :)
    I recently noticed that its been six months since I joined the forum, and it got me thinking about what I've got out this great resource. I am sure there is much more than this, but these are the first things that came to mind...

2. The Toshi strap phenomenon - I only have one, but I find myself looking for a watch to buy that would suit another one

3. What a great watch the PRS50B is - next one on my hit list (once school fees are out the way for the summer)

4. Steve Burrage at Ryte time. Recommended to me here, and he's now helped me with 3 of my watches in need of attention.

Thanks a lot guys, and thank you Eddie, I've greatly enjoyed my time here so far.

Grand Master

Good stuff. I found you can (theoretically) do the same with an early 70s Seamaster but unlike the Poljot 3133 (for example) it made some very iffy noises, so in the end I left the date alone.

I've learned here that not only are watches the most important thing in the world, but that you can glean everything you'll ever need to know about a watch not by poring over the specifications, touching, weighing, examining it close-up or even trying it on for real, in real life, but by looking at a computer-generated picture of it on the internet. Saves a lot of time ;).
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Hi Stern,

Yes well remembered - it was a Vostok that we were talking about when I discovered that, but if I am honest I never wear the vostok and I found that the same works on my Strela!

Anyway thanks again chaps!

I can attest to 2 of those in your list, infact Steve Burrage is getting a cheque off me today for some servicing he has done for me, it is the 3rd time i have used him following a recomendation on TZ.

As for Rich's straps, well i am on the look out for another for my PAM88 :wink:

Dave

What I've learned- Rolex Do make the best watches in the world :)

Master

Quote Originally Posted by sandy1979
    What I've learned- Rolex Do make the best watches in the world :)
    I think we should transfer this thread to The Bear Pit! :twisted:

Mike.

Master

:| +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sandy1979
    What I've learned- Rolex Do not make the best watches in the world :)

Grand Master

5. i like watches way, way too much and i am not a rich man, since i found this place, i never will be! :?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I've learnt that combining credit cards, red wine and late night visits to the Sales Corner is not always a great idea.
    And that I thought I was a little obsessed until I met some of the balloonatics on here!! ( watch bras? cleaning watches with toothpaste? lighting the lume up with an IR torch before bedtime?) :D

Sorry watch bras? Dare I search this :D

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists
    lighting the lume up with an IR torch before bedtime?) :D

Nothing wrong with that :D

I've learnt......

1. There are way more "tyre kickers" and "promisers" than not.
    2. The post count by someone means nothing in relation to their knowledge or reliability

Sorry for the rant. Other than that, its a pretty good place to lurk'n post.

Im starting to learn that you can never have enough watches. And that you never have enough cash.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by jgeddes
    Sorry watch bras? Dare I search this :D
    Go for it - you'll only find some bits of clear plastic.

I have learnt that ...