closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Which Watch?

Which Watch?

Hi everyone,
    I'm fairly new to this forum but loving it so far!

Ok, I'm reluctantly selling my Rolex GMT C as I have decided I'm after something less formal. So my question is this. Can any of you super helpful forum members suggest to me a a watch that looks great, but works with a casual look (i.e not shirt and tie). I am currently stuck on Bell & Ross as I love rugged and chunky watches, but feel I should cast my net a bit wider before making my choice. All suggestions gladly accepted - pictures would be fab :lol:

Grand Master

Re: Which Watch?

Well, if you want rugged then the likes of Panerai spring to mind, then you have several other choices from the likes of Breitling and others, infact most companies make 'dive' watches or 'aviator' watches that are rugged in appearance.

JLC?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master

If a GMTIIc is too smart, maybe most JLC would be as well - possibly. "Which watch" is about as easy to answer as "which trousers" but you could do a straight trade for a decent vintage Sub and stick it on a Nato for casual and on the bracelet for smart, or if you've decided that you'd rather go for a complete change there are thousands of options.

How about a Sinn or something like that? Get a useful bit of cashback as well...

Blog Entries

You could try a Breitling for a change - they are typically 'rugged and chunky'. Brietling do great Chrono's or take a look at the Seawolf for a straight divers non-chrono.

Or maybe something like a JLC Master Compressor Memvox

On the other hand you could get the centre links of your GMTII-C matt finished to give it a less formal look and just keep that?
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

A Sub 14060m for that toolish, yet casual look? Smart and discreet, but classy enough to pull off with a tie if needs be.

Or a Panerai. If you fancy a B&R then a PAM of some sort will probably do you well.

A Sea-Dweller. :wink:

I am selling my BR02 for the same reason (although the other way around) if that makes sense.

I wear a suit every day and found I was more at ease with a steel sports watch than my current BR02.

B&R do make fantastic casual watches though and the clarity of the face is amazing and the lume is outstanding.

"You could try a Breitling for a change - they are typically 'rugged and chunky'..."
    I love my B'ling Super Avenger with jeans...it's a big old unit, but looks fantastic on a taller guy (I'm 6'2").

If you're a small guy, then give the Super Avenger a wide berth...it'll just look stupid...

Anyway...here's a shot of the watch and how it looks all casual like....;o)

Great advice guys, keep it coming.... I'm off to look at some JLC's! :lol:

Blog Entries

i have a few watches rolex etc
    but the super avenger is a great watch
    :wink:

I have a B&R Vintage 126XL and it works well with a suit or night out. Its got a nice weight and a chunky feel.